Who Is Allah?

There are 220212 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#182929 Jul 16, 2013
HIGHLIGHT:

"When earth lay trancèd in a dreamless swoon:

And every time the music rose,—before

Mine inner vision rose a form sublime,

Thy form, O Tree, as in my happy prime

I saw thee, in my own loved native clime."

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#182931 Jul 16, 2013
Are not the above verses far more poetical and profounder than the substandard poetry and illogic of the Quran that like the Tanakh, of which it (Quran) is a miniature version, is a manual of war, hatred, murder, incest, lies, unscientific nonsense and fanaticism? Yes!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#182932 Jul 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You don't get it Muslim!
God saw all that was not Good.
And so God gathered a people unto himself and brought the Israelite's out of bondage from Egypt and gave Moses the law to bring the world under moral law acceptable to God.
God explained all of that in the teaching of Jesus in the Gospels.
Muslims are brain dead because they are focused on God having a Son, instead of focusing on the Message Jesus brought down from heaven to us from God the Father.

*****Muslims followed the mad man Muhammad who had the mind set of a wild savage dog.*****

Now Muslims are trapped with the mind set of a wild savage dog.
Emphasis shown by ***** is mine.

You have crossed the red line again. I had warned you in "Jesus is not God" thread and had asked you to do something gross to the Son of God. So, be careful and do not do that again.

If I see you doing this again, then I will make you do something gross to the Son of God and you will not be able to take it.
bmz

Singapore

#182933 Jul 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.
And later, after 1,900 years (this includes 400 years of shaping the Church doctrines), came in the Christian God and said, "Here is my Son, with whom I am mighty pleased and I will give my Son to be sacrificed for Satan's success and the alleged Sin of Adam and Eve. I can do that."

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182934 Jul 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Emphasis shown by ***** is mine.
You have crossed the red line again. I had warned you in "Jesus is not God" thread and had asked you to do something gross to the Son of God. So, be careful and do not do that again.
If I see you doing this again, then I will make you do something gross to the Son of God and you will not be able to take it.
You will only being doing harm to your self.
Matthew 11:25-27
NIV.

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank you, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hid these things from the wise and prudent, and have revealed them to babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in your sight. 27 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knows the Son, but the Father; neither knows any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.…

You will never come to know the Father or the Son.
So it does not matter how much you blasphemy God.

John 16
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
16 “I have told you all of this so that you will not go down the wrong path. 2 You will be thrown out of the synagogue. In fact, a time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing God a favor. 3 They will do things like that because they do not know the Father or me.

Muslims are cursed with the curse of Muhammad.
Muslims like Jesus forewarned in John 16 think they are doing God a favor by killing Christians for their belief in Gods Son Jesus Christ.

So its you Muslim that brings sin upon your self.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#182935 Jul 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I don't know exactly off hand and I have no idea how that is relevant. Do prophecies have to come true in a certain amount of years, even when the prophecy doesn't state any time frame?
MUQ wrote:
b. How are you sure than this prophesy remained unfulfilled all those years.
Well, if you can suggest someone else who fits this description, then by all means do so.

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

First of all, why is child and son mentioned? We know that Jesus was supposed to have been born of a virgin, which would be why child born was mentioned, and we know that it has been claimed that he is the Son of God. Then we have the words Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace.

Here is another verse From Isaiah, same book, same author.
Ans.

Thanks for your "late" response. I know how much busy schedule you are having, I on the other hand have "nothing else to do except await your post"!!

Now coming to the matter of Isaiah 9:6, which according to you is the "Best and Most Clear" of all prophesies in all OT books.

Let us analyze this prophesey and make some rules that will help us in our discussions.

1. Since there was a gap of roughly 600 years between Isaiah and coming of Jesus, so it does not matter if it takes many centuries and even many thousands of years for a prophesy to fulfill.

Do you agree with it?

2. Unless of course it is clear from the wordings, it is "Not necessary" that the prophesy be fulfilled during the life time of those to whom it is told,

Do you agree with it?

3. A prophesy does not mention exact time and date when it will come to pass? There might be some hints, but exact dates are not mentioned,

Do you agree?

4. There are certainly no names of intended person are mentioned in any prophesy.

Do you agree?

5. During this long period of "waiting" if someone tries to justify any other person as a Candidate "fulfilling the terms of prophesy", he will be telling a lie.

Do you agree?

I would like your reply on these points, before I start analyzing this "Best and Most Clear prophesy by Isaiah on Jesus" the Famous Isaiah 9:6

PS:

Let me tell you in advance, there are "very little chances that Isaiah 9:6 is about Jesus"!!

We will come to the conclusion after we take up the discussion.

Please do not quote any other prophesy, from Isaiah or any other OT book, till we are thru with Isaiah 9:6.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#182936 Jul 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Thanks for your "late" response. I know how much busy schedule you are having, I on the other hand have "nothing else to do except await your post"!!
Now coming to the matter of Isaiah 9:6, which according to you is the "Best and Most Clear" of all prophesies in all OT books.
Let us analyze this prophesey and make some rules that will help us in our discussions.
1. Since there was a gap of roughly 600 years between Isaiah and coming of Jesus, so it does not matter if it takes many centuries and even many thousands of years for a prophesy to fulfill.
Do you agree with it?
2. Unless of course it is clear from the wordings, it is "Not necessary" that the prophesy be fulfilled during the life time of those to whom it is told,
Do you agree with it?
3. A prophesy does not mention exact time and date when it will come to pass? There might be some hints, but exact dates are not mentioned,
Do you agree?
4. There are certainly no names of intended person are mentioned in any prophesy.
Do you agree?
5. During this long period of "waiting" if someone tries to justify any other person as a Candidate "fulfilling the terms of prophesy", he will be telling a lie.
Do you agree?
I would like your reply on these points, before I start analyzing this "Best and Most Clear prophesy by Isaiah on Jesus" the Famous Isaiah 9:6
PS:
Let me tell you in advance, there are "very little chances that Isaiah 9:6 is about Jesus"!!
We will come to the conclusion after we take up the discussion.
Please do not quote any other prophesy, from Isaiah or any other OT book, till we are thru with Isaiah 9:6.
The prophecies in the OT are all mixed up and not in chronological order. You have to put the paragraphs, chapters and Psalms together like a jigsaw puzzle. Christians count verses as fulfilled prophecies and also take them out of context. Isaiah 9:6 says, "...and the government shall be upon his shoulder". The Messiah, in the flesh, will be made king and is heir to the throne of David. Jesus was never a king. He will also be called "Prince of Peace" but Jesus states he didn't come to bring peace but instead a sword (war) and division. "Son" in this verse does not mean male, in English it's a pun-son/sun. "Wonderful Counsellor" is both a teacher and gifted pseudo attorney. The Messiah was supposed to be a merchant/salesman by trade. The Father is a separate entity so Jesus cannot be called, "the Mighty God" and "Everlasting Father"
bmz

Singapore

#182937 Jul 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You will only being doing harm to your self.

Matthew 11:25-27
NIV.
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank you, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hid these things from the wise and prudent, and have revealed them to babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in your sight. 27 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knows the Son, but the Father; neither knows any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.…
You will never come to know the Father or the Son.
So it does not matter how much you blasphemy God.

John 16
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
16 “I have told you all of this so that you will not go down the wrong path. 2 You will be thrown out of the synagogue. In fact, a time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing God a favor. 3 They will do things like that because they do not know the Father or me.

Muslims are cursed with the curse of Muhammad.
Muslims like Jesus forewarned in John 16 think they are doing God a favor by killing Christians for their belief in Gods Son Jesus Christ.

So its you Muslim that brings sin upon your self.
I will not be doing any harm to myself. For me it is very easy to use the term Son of God, which I do not believe in.

Do that again and see.

Why did you quote me those vain passages, which have nothing to do with us? We never threw any disciples out of the synagogues and neither did the Jews throw out the disciples, when they prayed to and worshipped God at the Temple, after Jesus was gone.

We came seven centuries later and by that time, Christianity had already thrown the Jews out of Judea. LMAO!
bmz

Singapore

#182938 Jul 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The prophecies in the OT are all mixed up and not in chronological order. You have to put the paragraphs, chapters and Psalms together like a jigsaw puzzle. Christians count verses as fulfilled prophecies and also take them out of context. Isaiah 9:6 says, "...and the government shall be upon his shoulder". The Messiah, in the flesh, will be made king and is heir to the throne of David. Jesus was never a king. He will also be called "Prince of Peace" but Jesus states he didn't come to bring peace but instead a sword (war) and division. "Son" in this verse does not mean male, in English it's a pun-son/sun. "Wonderful Counsellor" is both a teacher and gifted pseudo attorney. The Messiah was supposed to be a merchant/salesman by trade. The Father is a separate entity so Jesus cannot be called, "the Mighty God" and "Everlasting Father"
You wrote: "Christians count verses as fulfilled prophecies and also take them out of context."

Can't disagree with that at all. That is quite a bad habit.

Thanks for the input, Susan.

Location hidden

#182939 Jul 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And later, after 1,900 years (this includes 400 years of shaping the Church doctrines), came in the Christian God and said, "Here is my Son, with whom I am mighty pleased and I will give my Son to be sacrificed for Satan's success and the alleged Sin of Adam and Eve. I can do that."
You worship an imposter god.
A god that has no self respect for himself.
A god that demands Muslims to do evil to others.
Sura 9:29
Sahih International
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture -[fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Sura 9:29 are not the words of God.
Gods grace and mercy is afforded to believers and non-believers.
God sustains both the believer and the non-believer.
God gives the non-believer time to come to know God or to continue to reject God by his own free will.
That is the justice of God.

Only God can judge the heart and mind of man.
Fighting a non-believer for his non-belief does not afford Gods grace and mercy and justice to be served.

Killing a non-believer in the name of Allah/God is taking the name of Allah/God in vain.
For God does not ordain anyone to commit murder in His name.
And killing anyone for their non-belief in Muhammad is using Gods name in vain.

Only those with a wild savage dog mind set will not understand what I am saying in my post.
They will reject it.
Because they are the non-believers in God.

Location hidden

#182940 Jul 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not be doing any harm to myself. For me it is very easy to use the term Son of God, which I do not believe in.
Do that again and see.
Why did you quote me those vain passages, which have nothing to do with us? We never threw any disciples out of the synagogues and neither did the Jews throw out the disciples, when they prayed to and worshipped God at the Temple, after Jesus was gone.
We came seven centuries later and by that time, Christianity had already thrown the Jews out of Judea. LMAO!
The harm has already been done to your soul.
And it is your soul that will pay the consequence in your internal after life.
It is your belief in the imposter god of Muhammad's religion that you have already done harm to your soul.

God implanted his laws in the heart and mind of believers, and Muslims reject Gods laws, and embrace the religion laws of Muhammad.

You don't get it Muslim!
God is not a religion.
Muslims are trapped in the religion of Muhammad, and are bound to obey the laws of Muhammad.

Judaism and Christianity is different.
The worship of God in Judaism and Christianity is based on a personal relationship with God.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#182942 Jul 17, 2013
in Judaism, cousin marriage is not one of the forbidden relations, according to Torah or de-rabbanan
Protestant churches also do not forbid it
only CATHOLICS forbid it, by decree of emperors and councils of bishops in the 4th century
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182943 Jul 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote: "Christians count verses as fulfilled prophecies and also take them out of context."
Can't disagree with that at all. That is quite a bad habit.
Thanks for the input, Susan.
Salaams, bro...
Now we have "real" JC and Mary Magda online LIVE!
Between 11am and 12noon UK time.
http://www.lbc.co.uk/call-clegg-watch-live-on...
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182944 Jul 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a retard.
The Christians have not ascribed human-like traits to Allah.
The Quran itself is replete with examples of the anthropopathy of Allah who raves, rants, threatens, curses, loves, forgives, sympathizes, gets jealous and so on. These are typical human traits.
So, little Allah is a minor being - a highly anthropopathic one.
LOL.
What an idiot you are "joe thumbs down".
You missed the point again.
Does Go in Qujran tell you "he" is human or has human qualities?
you have got this all wrong.
What a waste of band width.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182945 Jul 17, 2013
ooops...joe thumbs down...typo..lol..
"Does God in Quran tell you...."
(smiles)

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#182946 Jul 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I find your silly and idiotic Christianity-infected questions very interesting.

I love Tu Quoque Jesus style. Taht smart Alec used to answer a question with a question.

If Islam is so bad, why are you guys all over the places in the Islamic world. Why can't you remain within your shores?

What thing of value did the idiots, who founded the Church, create?

If the Jews won 75% of Nobel prizes, why could the Christians not win 100% of Nobel prizes?

Why is the Christian God not smarter than the God of Jews? Is it because the Christian God is suffering from SPD (Split-personality disorder) and is unable to think?
Judaism is a notch higher abs better than Christianism!!!

Jews are simply going through a small scolding process from God. Just wait until the scolding is completed and witness the greatness of Israel!!!

Westerville, OH

#182947 Jul 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
Have you by now, after reading my post realized that neither the Jews nor the Christians were killed, when Jerusalem was captured or occupied or taken over by the Muslims or not?

Now, I want you to read this part again and explain to me why Umar refused to pray in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre?

"It has been recorded in the annals of Muslim chronicles, that at the time of the Zuhr prayers, Sophronius invited Umar to pray in the rebuilt Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Umar declined, fearing that accepting the invitation might endanger the church's status as a Christian temple, and that Muslims might break the treaty and turn the temple into a mosque."
Muslim still pray to their pagan moon-god while Christians are no allowed to pray to the real Jehovah!

Westerville, OH

#182948 Jul 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are just babbling, and your logic and reasoning is that of a moron.
The sins of Muslims against God are committed by Muslims.
You are being deceitful in trying to place the sins committed against God by Muslims on the Christian Church as the reason Muslims commit sins against God.
You are talking like an insane person.
All Muslims are insane, that is why they are Muslims!

Westerville, OH

#182949 Jul 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are just babbling, and your logic and reasoning is that of a moron.
The sins of Muslims against God are committed by Muslims.
You are being deceitful in trying to place the sins committed against God by Muslims on the Christian Church as the reason Muslims commit sins against God.
You are talking like an insane person.
He can not wait to decapitate his daughter for watching America's Idol!!!

Westerville, OH

#182950 Jul 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>Murder is a great sin. All murderers will go to hell, be they Jews or Christians or Muslims or non-believers. Even Jesus cannot save any murderer from going to hell.

Hell is guaranteed for all murderers.
"Even Jesus cannot save any murderer from going to hell."

WRONG!!!

Jesus has the key to the Sheol!!! He can open or close at will!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
News Carl Sagan as prophet of neo-Pagan Atheism May 12 geezerjock 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 11 garnetten 502
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) May 8 Over and Done 27
More from around the web