Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,611)

Showing posts 172,201 - 172,220 of198,780
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you are talking about an anthropopatic god, then your god cannot BE a monkey or donkey or dog or man, but he CAN come as each of them.

Unless you are suggesting that your almighty god isn't that almighty after all.
Don't assume. 

Anthropopathy has nothing to do with God becoming an insect or an animal or a man.

You don't understand. I made it so simple, when I wrote: God, the Most High cannot become the Most Low or the Lowest of the low. "I, the LORD, do not change" is the LORD's slogan!

Good night

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that is an embarrassment to Christianity.
You falsely accept the Muslim god Allah as the God of Israel.
That in itself is an insult to all Christians.
And by your accepting the Muslim God as the God of Israel you have become a slave of the Muslims.
You call my rejecting the Muslims god Allah arrogant, and hateful.
Rebuking evil deeds of murder is an Commandment from God you dumb slave of the Muslims.
Murdering innocent people using Gods name in vain does send people to hell according to Gods Commandments.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain (KJV, also "You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God" (NRSV) and variants)
is one of the Ten Commandments. It is a prohibition of blasphemy, specifically, the misuse or "taking in vain" of the name of the God of Israel. Exodus 20:7 reads:Exodus
You don't understand what Sura 9:29 is saying:
Sahih International
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture -[fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.
The point you miss is that "And His Messenger [Muhammad]
have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the scripture".
Here Muhammad is falsely claiming he has the authority from God to murder those that do not accept the religion of Muhammad, and the man made laws instituted by Muhammad as Gods laws.
That is falsely using Gods name in vain.
So, it is you Seeker that refuses to accept Gods Commandment "Thou shall not take the name of thy Lord your God in vain".
There is a hell Seeker, and those that murder using the name of thy Lord God in vain is blasphemy, and the punishment for that sin is hell.
Christianity is wrong, the Church is wrong and the Christian scripture is wrong. Period! It is a triple lie.

You are an embarrassment to all Jews, Christians, Muslims, non-Muslims and to your own country men here on Topix. Good night.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the events of the past are in the past.
When BJ rode two donkeys, it looked funny then as people came out to chase him away with brooms and tree branches, because they thought BJ was crazy and that he encouraged his peasant disciples to steal donkeys!
Are you guys saying that your mangod is a donkey thief?
God forbid.
You are an babbling idiot.
You are unable to come to the knowledge of truth.
God is a Trinity Alex, And Gods Holy Spirit can use an animals and have the animal speak the words given it by Gods Holy Spirit.

Muslims insult God Alex instead of giving all praise and glory to God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is wrong, the Church is wrong and the Christian scripture is wrong. Period! It is a triple lie.
You are an embarrassment to all Jews, Christians, Muslims, non-Muslims and to your own country men here on Topix. Good night.
Jews have their own problem in obeying God.
So you cannot personally use the Jews as an example of Gods Holiness and truth.
For when you use the Jews as an example of their sins against as Gods Holiness and truth you blasphemy God by using Gods name in vain.

You cannot defend the Muslim false prophet Muhammad by using the sins of the Jews as Jews being an example of Gods Holiness and truth.

You are ignorant of God BMZ!

Muslims blasphemy God by the mere suggestion that the Holy Trinity of
God not having a Son is based on God not having a wife.

Gods Holy Trinity comes forth from within God Himself as the Spirit Being of God Himself.

There is only one God!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't assume. 
Anthropopathy has nothing to do with God becoming an insect or an animal or a man.
You don't understand. I made it so simple, when I wrote: God, the Most High cannot become the Most Low or the Lowest of the low. "I, the LORD, do not change" is the LORD's slogan!
Good night
God means different things to different people. So when you talked about god I made sure you were talking about Allah who is an anthropopatic god.

Anthropopathy is the ascription of human passions or feelings to a thing or a being not human, as to a deity.

How many times man wished to be an animal or a thing for its own purpose? So an anthropopatic god can become whatever thing he wishes, because he's anthropopatic, i.e. similar to us.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are an babbling idiot.
You are unable to come to the knowledge of truth.
God is a Trinity Alex, And Gods Holy Spirit can use an animals and have the animal speak the words given it by Gods Holy Spirit.
Hello dear Shamma, keep your hair on.
You claim that "God is a Trinity".
Surely such a claim needs to be verified by ATLEAST Jesus.
Please can you produce evidence from Jesus that "God is a Trinity" and that he is part of that Trinity?
Why not try showing me some proof from the Synoptic gospels.
While at it please answer the following in a DIRECT manner because Seeker is unable to tackle this:
We need you to show Jesus making claims in the first person as follows, in Synoptic Gospels starting with MARK:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

If you can't show proof from the Synoptic Gospels starting with Mark, then you best admit it.
Thank you, Shamma.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

When Man creates God in his image, his "god" inevitably turns out to be anthropopathic.
Allah does NOT need us. Allah is eternal, self subsisting, unique etc etc.
Ascription of human passions or feelings to Allah is very simplistic and a typical trait of of mangod worshippers and ex mangod worshippers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello dear Shamma, keep your hair on.
You claim that "God is a Trinity".
Surely such a claim needs to be verified by ATLEAST Jesus.
Please can you produce evidence from Jesus that "God is a Trinity" and that he is part of that Trinity?
Why not try showing me some proof from the Synoptic gospels.
While at it please answer the following in a DIRECT manner because Seeker is unable to tackle this:
We need you to show Jesus making claims in the first person as follows, in Synoptic Gospels starting with MARK:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
If you can't show proof from the Synoptic Gospels starting with Mark, then you best admit it.
Thank you, Shamma.
Its all true Alex.
You have a mental block in your brain that is stopping you from coming to the knowledge of truth.
You are not a humble person Alex.
If you humble yourself before the Lord, God will enlighten your mind to Gods truth.
You need to repent and make an act of contrition from within your heart and confess your sins to God and put your self pride aside and allow Jesus the Son of God to come into your life.

An act of contrition is acknowledging you have sinned against God and you are sorry for offending the Holiness and Goodness of God your creator.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
Ascription of human passions or feelings to Allah is very simplistic and a typical trait of of mangod worshippers and ex mangod worshippers.
You're a retard.

The Christians have not ascribed human-like traits to Allah.

The Quran itself is replete with examples of the anthropopathy of Allah who raves, rants, threatens, curses, loves, forgives, sympathizes, gets jealous and so on. These are typical human traits.

So, little Allah is a minor being - a highly anthropopathic one.

LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Inbreeding or marriage between cousins is turning the Muslims across the world into intellectually crippled and stupid people. But, Muslims are not ready to accept the well-researched reports of scientific investigations and argue that, since Allah has not declared marrying cousins as haram (non-permissible), there cannot, as a result, be any harmful effect due to such incestuous marriages. So, they deplore the scientific evidences in this field and say that all such scientific reports are concocted to malign Islam. ROFL.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Inbreeding or marriage between cousins is turning the Muslims across the world into intellectually crippled and stupid people. But, Muslims are not ready to accept the well-researched reports of scientific investigations and argue that, since Allah has not declared marrying cousins as haram (non-permissible), there cannot, as a result, be any harmful effect due to such incestuous marriages. So, they deplore the scientific evidences in this field and say that all such scientific reports are concocted to malign Islam. ROFL.
SalaamZ & Ramadan Mubarakh! L M A O ! Aristocracies world wide and generations deep have practiced Incest in order to keep it(ALL) in the family,so to speak.Yet no one seems to be giving a shite about it.Its only when it becomes a Muslim-practice that renders it appalling! CheerZ
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Mr. Seeker

I know how busy you are in dealing with these multiple discussions, with so many people on the thread.

That is why I suggested, to you that we discuss with only one person at one time, but you ignored it.

I am resending my last post so that you might answer it

"01. I really appreciate your "cooperation" in dealing with this "little matter" of prophesies.

02. I am not controlling this discussion, I am only proceeding in small step-by-step way.

03. May be this is a new experience for you, but this is how a discussion should be held. So we are clear on out stands and there is no ambiguity.

04. And I am sure, you will get as much chance to "cross examine" me as the discussion progresses.

05. As you said, I will only concentrate on Isaiah 9:6, because according to you, it is the "Most Clear and Most direct prophesy about Jesus".

06. I want to ask you some clarification before we analyze this prophesy:

a. What is the time difference between Isaiah and birth of Jesus?

b. How are you sure than this prophesy remained unfulfilled all those years.

PS:

These questions will set rules for our further discussions on this subject.

I am really thankful to you for your patience and the way you are "suffering" from my "eccentric" demands. "
Simon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ & Ramadan Mubarakh! L M A O ! Aristocracies world wide and generations deep have practiced Incest in order to keep it(ALL) in the family,so to speak.Yet no one seems to be giving a shite about it.Its only when it becomes a Muslim-practice that renders it appalling! CheerZ
Aristocracies and the wide world have realised and accepted that incest is immoral and unhealthy. How come islam is moving ever so slow? Stuck in the 7th century?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
When Man creates God in his image, his "god" inevitably turns out to be anthropopathic.

Allah does NOT need us. Allah is eternal, self subsisting, unique etc etc.

Exactly! Well-said, bro
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Shamma wrote:

Do not say that God is a Trinity. You have no proof of that direct from the Horse's mouth, I mean Jesus' mouth.

If Jesus had taught and preached it, only then you could have made that absurd claim.

Since you have nothing from Jesus, chuck it off! Discard it and throw it into the bin of Apocrypha.

Calling God Almighty a Trinity, is like calling God a bad name. Trinity does not exist. It is unholy. If you read Revelation, the book that I consider crap, you will notice that there is only One on the Throne, not three. No Jesus and no Holy Spirit.

So, stop insulting and blaspheming God Almighty.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews have their own problem in obeying God.
So you cannot personally use the Jews as an example of Gods Holiness and truth.
For when you use the Jews as an example of their sins against as Gods Holiness and truth you blasphemy God by using Gods name in vain.
You cannot defend the Muslim false prophet Muhammad by using the sins of the Jews as Jews being an example of Gods Holiness and truth.
You are ignorant of God BMZ!
Muslims blasphemy God by the mere suggestion that the Holy Trinity of
God not having a Son is based on God not having a wife.
Gods Holy Trinity comes forth from within God Himself as the Spirit Being of God Himself.
There is only one God!
Jews are fiercely monotheistic as Muslims. They believe in One God only.

Stop thinking and believing that God is a man. Once you do that, you will reject Trinity. Brother Jesus never said, "My Father and your Father is a man". Once you do that, you will reject Trinity.

Trinitarians came only in the 6th Century and Trinity was hardly finalized in the 5th Century.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
God means different things to different people. So when you talked about god I made sure you were talking about Allah who is an anthropopatic god.

Anthropopathy is the ascription of human passions or feelings to a thing or a being not human, as to a deity.

How many times man wished to be an animal or a thing for its own purpose? So an anthropopatic god can become whatever thing he wishes, because he's anthropopatic, i.e. similar to us.
Either you act blur or you do not understand at all.

Now, imagine a people who worship a timber post and believe that piece of wood, is their deity. Can the timber post become a big cucumber or a goat or a man?

All these terms such as anthropopathy, incarnation, hypo-static union, etc ascribed by man, are rubbish. Trinity also falls under that but is it true? Of course, not. It is therefore absurd!
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
6:101 can be translated using 'can' or 'could' or 'would' or 'should' or in other words. The verse gives the reason of God having no son.
The actual keywords that change the meaning are "how" and "why". How denotes a question as to how Allah could or would have a son without a consort. Why denotes a reason for Allah to do so, in that he could have a son without a consort, but why would he choose to do that. So how can he, or even how should it be, both say that it could not be possible unless Allah has a consort. But why should he, as you said, denotes that Allah would have no reason to do it, but could have a son without a consort if he chose to. Two totally different meanings and you know exactly what you are doing when you do this. You sure play a lot of games and I'm not the only person who makes this clear observation about you.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It can also be understood this way: Since God does not have a wife, therefore God does not have a son.
However, since you like the translation: "How can He save a son while He has no consort?", the reason given remains the same.
No it does not.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are somethings, which God cannot do. For example God cannot come as a monkey or a donkey or a dog or a man.
Are you saying that God could never do that or would never choose to do that? You have actually just said that there are things that God CANNOT do and this violates the Islamic concept of God. And even if you say that God would never choose to do that, you are making yourself into God and applying your own reasoning to God. Completely flawed reasoning that contradicts the Islamic idea for God, and even many Muslims would slap your hand for doing that. You play many many little games with the Quran and they don't actually work.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Mr. Seeker
06. I want to ask you some clarification before we analyze this prophesy:
a. What is the time difference between Isaiah and birth of Jesus?
I don't know exactly off hand and I have no idea how that is relevant. Do prophecies have to come true in a certain amount of years, even when the prophecy doesn't state any time frame?
MUQ wrote:
b. How are you sure than this prophesy remained unfulfilled all those years.
Well, if you can suggest someone else who fits this description, then by all means do so.

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

First of all, why is child and son mentioned? We know that Jesus was supposed to have been born of a virgin, which would be why child born was mentioned, and we know that it has been claimed that he is the Son of God. Then we have the words Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace.

Here is another verse From Isaiah, same book, same author.

13 Then Isaiah said,“Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of humans? Will you try the patience of my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[c] a sign: The virgin[d] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[e] will call him Immanuel.

Why is this birth supposed to be a sign unless it was a miraculous sort of birth? Otherwise, why even bother to mention about the birth? And Immanuel literally translates into God with us. It isn't supposed to be a literal name, it is supposed to be symbolic of what that son is supposed to be. Isaiah wrote almost all of the stuff he said in symbolic terms. You aren't supposed to read much of what Isaiah said in completely literal terms, if you are familiar with the whole book of Isaiah.
MUQ wrote:
PS:
These questions will set rules for our further discussions on this subject.
I am really thankful to you for your patience and the way you are "suffering" from my "eccentric" demands. "
Here's the problem. I know where we are going to end up, and then if and when we do, I'm going to be pissed at wasting so much unnecessary time. But I like to think of myself as being as fair of a person as possible, so I suppose that I'm just going to have to put up with all of these unnecessary theatrics. I'm sure you think they are necessary, but wait until you find out why they were not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

"Our Casuarina Tree" by Toru Dutt - a great poem!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 172,201 - 172,220 of198,780
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 17 min really 13
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe 1 hr a person 83
Cosmic ordering (Nov '09) 7 hr bren 3
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Jul 9 CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Jul 9 CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Jul 9 Shawn 9
Novice needs Wiccan Friend..... Jul 7 Novice 1
•••
•••