Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256363 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182787 Jul 14, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What motivates you to write such nonsense? Good, from now on, whenever I quote the Koran, it will be Arberry's translation. Jews and Xtians both believe in one almighty creator and the last day, so dont jump to your conclusions concerning the context of the Koran. And how do you know the Romans were going to attack Muslims? Ben Issac must have told you.
If you research it, the Romans were on the decline and were more worried about themselves because they overstretched themselves and even Rome itself was now having problems. They basically didn't know about nor cared who the Muslims were at that time until they started raiding some of the Roman held towns around Syria. It always starts off that way. The beginning of the end of Mecca started when Muslims started ambushing and raiding their trade caravans. Why can't Muslims ever simply be honest enough to admit that they invaded many lands? They could just simply admit it and then say that it was Allah's will. But they can't even admit to it. Nobody lies more about their religion than Muslims.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#182788 Jul 14, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What motivates you to write such nonsense? Good, from now on, whenever I quote the Koran, it will be Arberry's translation. Jews and Xtians both believe in one almighty creator and the last day, so dont jump to your conclusions concerning the context of the Koran. And how do you know the Romans were going to attack Muslims? Ben Issac must have told you.
I choose the translation, which the posters here can understand. And when I am not satisfied, I translate myself.

And who told you that Xtians believe in one Almighty Creator? They believe in a triune God, which does not exist.

I do not believe in any story from Ibn Ishaq (Ben Issac), Ibn Hisham (Ben Hisham), Ibn Sa'ad, Waqidi and Tabari. You know that well.

Ibn Ishaq was not the only narrator or the story-teller. Why do you trust Ibn Ishaq's mishmash so much?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182789 Jul 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We were not discussing the meanings.
Those words mean offensive assault, and not defensive in the least.
bmz

Location hidden

#182790 Jul 14, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Well, it only seems to be increasing in Iraq, and the US has been gone now for a couple of years. Same thing will happen in Afghanistan.
That is exactly my point. The mutual killing will go on. So, let them kill each other till they stop.

Others should not worry and should not interfere. It is better that they die at the hands of each other, instead of getting blown to pieces by missiles fired by their common enemy.

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#182791 Jul 14, 2013
Hey Muslims...

If Islam is so great why you guys in America and Europe?

If Allah is so great, why you bunch of idiots never created anything of value?

If Mohammed was so smart, why none of you ever won a Nobel price?

Did you know that 75% of Nobel price winners had being JEWS?

I guess the God of the Jews is smarter!!!

And better!!!!

I guess if your god were not so busy hating his creation then...
bmz

Location hidden

#182792 Jul 14, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Hey Muslims...
If Islam is so great why you guys in America and Europe?
If Allah is so great, why you bunch of idiots never created anything of value?
If Mohammed was so smart, why none of you ever won a Nobel price?
Did you know that 75% of Nobel price winners had being JEWS?
I guess the God of the Jews is smarter!!!
And better!!!!
I guess if your god were not so busy hating his creation then...
Actually, I find your silly and idiotic Christianity-infected questions very interesting.

I love Tu Quoque Jesus style. Taht smart Alec used to answer a question with a question.

If Islam is so bad, why are you guys all over the places in the Islamic world. Why can't you remain within your shores?

What thing of value did the idiots, who founded the Church, create?

If the Jews won 75% of Nobel prizes, why could the Christians not win 100% of Nobel prizes?

Why is the Christian God not smarter than the God of Jews? Is it because the Christian God is suffering from SPD (Split-personality disorder) and is unable to think?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182793 Jul 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If Islam is so bad, why are you guys all over the places in the Islamic world. Why can't you remain within your shores?
Well believe me, nobody wants to live there, but for some reason Muslims flock to the country they hate. And we weren't there until Saddam attacked Kuwait. And we had no interest in Afghanistan until 911. So maybe we are there because there are so many effed up things goi9ng on because Muslims are so effed up.
bmz

Location hidden

#182794 Jul 14, 2013
Have you by now, after reading my post realized that neither the Jews nor the Christians were killed, when Jerusalem was captured or occupied or taken over by the Muslims or not?

Now, I want you to read this part again and explain to me why Umar refused to pray in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre?

"It has been recorded in the annals of Muslim chronicles, that at the time of the Zuhr prayers, Sophronius invited Umar to pray in the rebuilt Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Umar declined, fearing that accepting the invitation might endanger the church's status as a Christian temple, and that Muslims might break the treaty and turn the temple into a mosque."
bmz

Location hidden

#182795 Jul 14, 2013
@ Seeker

The above post was addressed to you and meant for you. Thanks

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182797 Jul 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We were not discussing the meanings.
I have already shown that neither the Jews nor the Christians were killed when Muslims took over Jerusalem.
But that does not exonerate the Muslims from the sin for the murders Muslims are committing today under Sura 9:29

The events of the past are in the past.
Its the murders and sin against God that Muslims are committing today that Muslims are responsible under Sura 9:29.

Sura 9:29 is Muhammad's curse he placed upon Muslims, and Muslims are blind to that curse upon them.
Its a devil curse upon Muslims.

Allah, Muhammad's god deceived Muslims into believing that Muhammad is a prophet of God.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182798 Jul 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
Have you by now, after reading my post realized that neither the Jews nor the Christians were killed, when Jerusalem was captured or occupied or taken over by the Muslims or not?
People were never taken away by Muslims, except slave women as part of the booty. They were merely used as a revenue source to fund further expansion. And Muhammad didn't have to kill anybody in Mecca to invaded it as well because they knew they didn't stand a chance. That still doesn't mean that he didn't invade it with 10,000 men who were "supposed" to be coming to do pilgrimage as part of the agreement with the Meccans. You think that just because people surrendered that was not an invasion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusal...
Jerusalem had been well-fortified after Heraclius recaptured it from the Persians.[7] After the Byzantine defeat at Yarmouk, the Patriarch of Jerusalem Sophronius repaired its defenses.[8] The Muslims had so far not attempted any siege of the city. However, since 634, Saracen forces had the potential to threaten all routes to the city. Although it was not encircled, it had been in a state of siege since the Muslims captured the neighboring forts of Pella and Bosra. After the Battle of Yarmouk, the city was severed from the rest of Syria, and was presumably being prepared for a siege that seemed inevitable.[7] When the Muslim army reached Jericho, Sophronius collected all the holy relics including the True Cross, and secretly sent them to the coast, to be taken to Constantinople.[8] The Muslim troops besieged the city some time in November 636. Instead of relentless assaults on the city,a[›] they decided to press on with the siege until the Byzantines ran short of supplies and a bloodless surrender could be negotiated.[9]

So it most certainly was offensive and an invasion, they just did it in a smart way where they wouldn't have to sacrifice their own lives.

Then, next was this:
"With an army of 17,000 men, Abu Ubaidah and Khalid set off from Jerusalem to conquer all of northern Syria. This ended with the conquest of Antioch in late 637.[18] In 639, the Muslims invaded and conquered Egypt.

During his stay in Jerusalem, Umar was led by Sophronius to various holy sites, including the Temple Mount. Seeing the poor state of where the Temple once stood, Umar ordered the area cleared of refuse and debris before having a wooden mosque built on the site
bmz wrote:
Now, I want you to read this part again and explain to me why Umar refused to pray in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre?
"It has been recorded in the annals of Muslim chronicles, that at the time of the Zuhr prayers, Sophronius invited Umar to pray in the rebuilt Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Umar declined, fearing that accepting the invitation might endanger the church's status as a Christian temple, and that Muslims might break the treaty and turn the temple into a mosque."
Link please? And it's funny that you reject hadiths, but accept stories from MUSLIM chronicles. Anyway, here's what happened later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_H...
On October 18, 1009, Fatimid caliph Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah ordered the complete destruction of the church. The measures against the church were part of a more general campaign against Christian places of worship in Palestine and Egypt, which involved a great deal of other damage: Adémar de Chabannes recorded that the church of St George at Lydda 'with many other churches of the saints' had been attacked, and the 'basilica of the Lord's Sepulchre destroyed down to the ground'....The Christian writer Yahya ibn Sa'id reported that everything was razed 'except those parts which were impossible to destroy or would have been too difficult to carry away'

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182799 Jul 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
But is this idiot serious?
bmz

Location hidden

#182800 Jul 14, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
People were never taken away by Muslims, except slave women as part of the booty. They were merely used as a revenue source to fund further expansion.
I had written this:

"Have you by now, after reading my post realized that neither the Jews nor the Christians were killed, when Jerusalem was captured or occupied or taken over by the Muslims or not?"

What has that absurd response of yours got to do with what I wrote, Seeker?

Location hidden

#182801 Jul 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I find your silly and idiotic Christianity-infected questions very interesting.
I love Tu Quoque Jesus style. Taht smart Alec used to answer a question with a question.
If the Jews won 75% of Nobel prizes, why could the Christians not win 100% of Nobel prizes?
Why is the Christian God not smarter than the God of Jews? Is it because the Christian God is suffering from SPD (Split-personality disorder) and is unable to think?
You are just babbling, and your logic and reasoning is that of a moron.
The sins of Muslims against God are committed by Muslims.
You are being deceitful in trying to place the sins committed against God by Muslims on the Christian Church as the reason Muslims commit sins against God.
You are talking like an insane person.

bmz

Location hidden

#182802 Jul 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are just babbling, and your logic and reasoning is that of a moron.
The sins of Muslims against God are committed by Muslims.
You are being deceitful in trying to place the sins committed against God by Muslims on the Christian Church as the reason Muslims commit sins against God.
You are talking like an insane person.
Hello, Babbler

I wrote this and you call this babbling? We have no place for babbling and blabbering. It is a Pentecostal thingy.

I love Tu Quoque Jesus style. That smart Alec used to answer a question with a question.

If Islam is so bad, why are you guys all over the places in the Islamic world. Why can't you remain within your shores?

Why is the Christian God not smarter than the God of Jews?

Is it because the Christian God is suffering from SPD (Split-personality disorder) and is unable to think?
bmz

Location hidden

#182803 Jul 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But is this idiot serious?
No. Neither Shamma nor Seeker is serious.

What about you, idiot? lol!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182804 Jul 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had written this:
"Have you by now, after reading my post realized that neither the Jews nor the Christians were killed, when Jerusalem was captured or occupied or taken over by the Muslims or not?"
What has that absurd response of yours got to do with what I wrote, Seeker?
It's called you ignoring anything that you don't want to hear. I explained and answered it all. I explained why they didn't have to be killed. and I backed it up with links. Read it again. Basically, instead of risking their own lives, they cut off all supply lines to where Jerusalem had no choice but to surrender. It is still an invasion. And then they went and invaded Syria and Egypt as well. Gee, i guess everybody was attacking those poor Muslims so they had no choice but to go in and invade places. Are you effing serious?
bmz

Location hidden

#182805 Jul 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>But that does not exonerate the Muslims from the sin for the murders Muslims are committing today under Sura 9:29
The events of the past are in the past.
Its the murders and sin against God that Muslims are committing today that Muslims are responsible under Sura 9:29.
Sura 9:29 is Muhammad's curse he placed upon Muslims, and Muslims are blind to that curse upon them.
Its a devil curse upon Muslims.
Allah, Muhammad's god deceived Muslims into believing that Muhammad is a prophet of God.
Murder is a great sin. All murderers will go to hell, be they Jews or Christians or Muslims or non-believers. Even Jesus cannot save any murderer from going to hell.

Hell is guaranteed for all murderers.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182806 Jul 14, 2013
I just cannot believe how willing Muslims are to lie about their religion. to hear them tell it, everybody was attacking them and all they did was to fight defensively.

Location hidden

#182807 Jul 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Babbler
I wrote this and you call this babbling? We have no place for babbling and blabbering. It is a Pentecostal thingy.
I love Tu Quoque Jesus style. That smart Alec used to answer a question with a question.
If Islam is so bad, why are you guys all over the places in the Islamic world. Why can't you remain within your shores?
Why is the Christian God not smarter than the God of Jews?
Is it because the Christian God is suffering from SPD (Split-personality disorder) and is unable to think?
1.First of all you need to identify who mean by "you guys" are.
America is in Muslims countries because Muslims attacked America,
and secondly America invaded Iraq on a UN mandate caused by Saddam's violations of the UN's violations of using WMD's to murder his own people the Kurds..

So to answer your question as why we are all over Muslims countries, is that we were invited to come into Muslims countries by Muslims that committed evil deeds against the humanity of the peoples the world.

The values of life are created by God, and God sent Jesus down to earth to establish His Church on earth through the Apostles Jesus choose to teach Gods values of us.

Winning Nobel prizes is a gesture of man's own accomplishments based on man's own idea of values on things man values on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Sat John 14,736
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) May 26 Tete Rouge 119
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr '17 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr '17 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb '17 stalk this 19
More from around the web