Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254114 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182274 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted the verse from the night journey too. That is Surah 17.
See, you could not even register that, Seeker. Here it is once again:
17:78 "BE CONSTANT in [thy] prayer from the time when the sun has passed its zenith till the darkness of night, and [be ever mindful of its] recitation at dawn: for, behold, the recitation [of prayer] at dawn is indeed witnessed [by all that is holy]."
What does be constant mean? How many times does that mean?
confusious say

Downers Grove, IL

#182275 Jul 8, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
Are you going to be deceived by the "religion of Nimrod?"
www.scribd.com/doc/152453059 ...
You seem to be obsessed with rods.Its been a while since you have been ram rodded?UUUUMMMM?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182276 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot accept people's opinions. In order to show Jesus sinless, Christianity and her Church runs down all other prophets and messengers of God as Sinners and this is rubbish.
Why do you think that they exalt Jesus above all other prophets and saints? What a moron you are.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet it is proud to accept Paul's junk and stuff that Jesus was created Sin or "was made a Sin for us".
It meant that he took on everyone elses sins, it did not mean that he sinned at all. This is like trying to explain something to a third grader.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe that Jesus was a self-loathing sinner as shown by Paul, who himself was a self-loathing sinner.
Paul thought he would ever be good enough, which is the correct amount of humbleness for him to have. And Jesus was never called a self loathing sinner by anybody.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you like my steps? This was no tap dancing.
Yeah it was more like something out of a Special Olympics ballet contest. I have no idea how somebody can continually be so obtuse.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182277 Jul 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Being stubborn and obtuse doesn't help to lift you up from the shit hole you put yourself in.
Now you get to watch all the little games that he plays when his own logic paints himself into a corner.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#182278 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from the Jewish Theological Seminary. Now go argue with them.
http://www.jtsa.edu/Conservative_Judaism/JTS_...
Seeker,

I can read and understand the Scripture. One does not need such articles or a Jewish Tafsir. By the way, Moses did not write Numbers himself. There can be scribal errors.

Having read Numbers, I do not see Moses committing any sin.

This from Numbers 21 clears Moses of all accusations:

"7 And the people came to Moses, and said:'We have sinned, because we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that He take away the serpents from us.' And Moses prayed for the people."
bmz

Singapore

#182279 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What does be constant mean? How many times does that mean?
Were you serious when you asked the question? I thought you jested.

Constant, used by that translater, means "Be regular" or "Pray regularly" or "Establish prayers' or 'Keep up'. What was so difficult to understand?

For example, when Jesus told his disciples not to sleep, they did not establish any prayers and instead kept sleeping. Jesus had wanted them to establish prayers.

Jesus used to pray 3 times a day like our Shia brothers, who combine afternoon prayer with the late afternoon prayer and evening prayer with the night prayer, keeping the total of 5 daily prayers.
bmz

Singapore

#182280 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, and it could mean 6 or even 10 times, depending upon how one wants to interpret them.
http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.org/understa...
"After the Prophet Muhammad (s) was commissioned with prophethood in his fortieth year, the first order he was given by Allah was to pray. It is related that the archangel Jibr&#299;l came to him, and a spring of water gushed out from the rocks in front of them. Jibr&#299;l then showed the Prophet how to perform the ablution that is a prerequisite of the ritual prayer in Islam. Jibr&#299;l then showed the Prophet how to offer the ritual prayer to Allah. The Prophet (s) then went home and showed his wife Khad&#299;j&#257; ¯ what the archangel Jibr&#299;l had taught him.
After that, the Messenger of Allah began to pray two cycles (raka¿ts) of ritual prayer twice a day – once in the morning and once in the evening. From that time forward, the Prophet never went through a day without praying. In the ninth year of the Prophet’s mission, he was taken by the archangel Jibr&#299;l on a miraculous journey by night to Jerusalem and, from there, ascended to the heavens and the Divine Presence. During this tremendous journey, Allah commanded the Prophet and his followers to observe the ritual-prayer fifty times a day. Returning from the Divine Presence, Prophet Muhammad (s) met the prophet Moses who said,“Seek a reduction for your people can not carry it.” The Prophet did so and it was granted. After many such dialogues the command was reduced to observe five prayers, which would be the equivalent of the original command to observe fifty. For this reason, Muslims feel a great debt to the Prophet Moses for this intercession on their behalf."
Hadith stuff again!
bmz

Singapore

#182281 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think that they exalt Jesus above all other prophets and saints? What a moron you are.
<quoted text>
It meant that he took on everyone elses sins, it did not mean that he sinned at all. This is like trying to explain something to a third grader.
<quoted text>
Paul thought he would ever be good enough, which is the correct amount of humbleness for him to have. And Jesus was never called a self loathing sinner by anybody.
<quoted text>
Yeah it was more like something out of a Special Olympics ballet contest. I have no idea how somebody can continually be so obtuse.
What do you make of this from Psalm 32?

"1 Blessed is the one
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.

2 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit."

That covers Moses well and covers millions of others!!!

PS: Please do not tell me that the above was a prophesy for Jesus. Thanks
bmz

Singapore

#182282 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you get to watch all the little games that he plays when his own logic paints himself into a corner.
Watch out for Stefano, when he comes out from his hole and comments on this, if he can:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182283 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker,
I can read and understand the Scripture. One does not need such articles or a Jewish Tafsir. By the way, Moses did not write Numbers himself. There can be scribal errors.
Having read Numbers, I do not see Moses committing any sin.
This from Numbers 21 clears Moses of all accusations:
"7 And the people came to Moses, and said:'We have sinned, because we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that He take away the serpents from us.' And Moses prayed for the people."
Why are you arguing with me about Judaism? Go argue with the Jews themselves. That's why I linked an article from a very well respected Jewish Seminary website. I got the idea that Moses himself was a sinner from them. I heard it long ago from Jews themselves. Next, you will be saying that a Muslim with third grade comprehension skills understands their scriptures better than they do. People who have studied Judaism their whole life. It's absolutely amazing the lengths you will go to to deny your errors and make things into the way you need them to be.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182284 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you make of this from Psalm 32?
"1 Blessed is the one
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit."
That covers Moses well and covers millions of others!!!
PS: Please do not tell me that the above was a prophesy for Jesus. Thanks
Psalm 32 is a continuation of Psalm 31. Read the first verse of Psalm 31. It says "For the Leader. A Psalm of David".

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/B...

How many errors can you possibly make on one given day?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182285 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out for Stefano, when he comes out from his hole and comments on this, if he can:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
Your link points to the front page of this forum. This is getting embarrassing to watch.
bmz

Singapore

#182286 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 32 is a continuation of Psalm 31. Read the first verse of Psalm 31. It says "For the Leader. A Psalm of David".

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/B...

How many errors can you possibly make on one given day?
So, what does that leader mean to you? Jesus?

That is the band master or the music director or conductor.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182287 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that I have quoted the verses, could your dumb highness let me know if you can manage to understand any?
I put folks like you in shit holes, where you and others like you belong.
See, I told Seeker through you also not to quote 24:58 and yet he did that foolishly.
What is your take on 24:58? Does it tell us the number of prayers per day or does it teach manners to the young ones and servants to respect the privacy of their elders?
You were given a simple task and all you came out with is nothing.

Go to sleep useless being.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182288 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What a filthy place and a wrong time to establish a covenant with a half-dead man!
Couldn't your God think of a better place?
And where can we read about this covenant when the poor chap's throat had gone dry and he was collapsing. The silence at that point is deafening!
The Covenant does not concern Muslims.
They are locked out of Gods Kingdom forever.
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#182289 Jul 8, 2013
This is IT. There is no other path to Heaven:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
bmz

Singapore

#182290 Jul 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Covenant does not concern Muslims.
They are locked out of Gods Kingdom forever.
What Covenant, Shamma?

I don't see God making any Covenant with Jesus in the New Testament.

Could you please tell me what that Covenant was? I don't see anything from God or Jesus about it.
bmz

Singapore

#182291 Jul 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You were given a simple task and all you came out with is nothing.
Go to sleep useless being.
I quoted the verses already. IF you can't understand, I can't do anything.

You came out of the hole to tell me this?

You were supposed to respond to my post. Now explain to me how much did you understand about 24:58, which all ignorant fools use to show the number of prayers.

Give it a try.
bmz

Singapore

#182292 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link points to the front page of this forum. This is getting embarrassing to watch.
It was about my post # 182268 addressed to clueless Stefano and here it is, once again:

"Now that I have quoted the verses, could your dumb highness let me know if you can manage to understand any?

I put folks like you in shit holes, where you and others like you belong.

See, I told Seeker through you also not to quote 24:58 and yet he did that foolishly.

What is your take on 24:58? Does it tell us the number of prayers per day or does it teach manners to the young ones and servants to respect the privacy of their elders?"

His dumb highness could not handle. Would you care to help him?

Good night.
bmz

Singapore

#182293 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you arguing with me about Judaism? Go argue with the Jews themselves. That's why I linked an article from a very well respected Jewish Seminary website. I got the idea that Moses himself was a sinner from them. I heard it long ago from Jews themselves. Next, you will be saying that a Muslim with third grade comprehension skills understands their scriptures better than they do. People who have studied Judaism their whole life. It's absolutely amazing the lengths you will go to to deny your errors and make things into the way you need them to be.
A quick one.

I am not arguing about Judaism.

I am pointing out that Christianity calls only Jesus a sinless person, while it runs down all others as sinful.

That Jesus was the only sinless person, is a ridiculous claim. All messengers of God were sinless people.

Good night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 3 hr South Knox Hombre 19
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 8 hr Eagle 12 811
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 8 hr Eagle 12 4,840
Anyone still at this forum Aug 23 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web