Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256421 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182129 Jul 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i am not even shoving, the ten you don't observe onto you. i am just observing that, you don't observe most if not all of them. hell you don't even observe, the ten you have. it would be useless vanity, to try and tell you to observe even one more. your not even close, to observing all the 7 Noachide laws.
when you claim that G-D never talked to adam, in TheTorah your flat out lying. what are you, the more stupid than even an atheist? even atheists know, what it says in TheTorah about this. even if they deny, it ever happened just like you.
when you even deny, that in TheTorah. that G-D ever came, to talk with adam. when your telling me, that it does not say in The-Written-Torah that G-D comes to pay adam with The-Visit. anyone would have to be a total fool, to believe you about anything.
You don't even known what the 10 Commandments are rabbee.
You just babble your mouth.
You are a loser rabbee.
You have something to hide, and you accuse others of your own misgivings rabbee.
Sound like you are guilty of something you don't want no body to know about.
So you accuse others to hide your shame.
You are loser rabbee.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182130 Jul 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: do you suffer from, attention deficit disorder? you don't seem to have, any comprehension skill. you seem to throw out words, in other's context to your own liking. do you know what, the word maybe even means?
I am waiting for the specific verses charlatan. You can give them from the Torah that I have or you can give them from the REAL, secret Torah that you claim that you have, but either way. you start quoting some actual verses or you can just shut up. Is that clear enough for you?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182131 Jul 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you hypocrite! you don't accept what story, TheG-D of only TheTorah is giving.
Not YOUR version.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
and you can't find, adam in TheTorah. are you really, that stupid?
I asked for Yehoshooah Adam, and you heard me the first ten times. Now if you can't provide that, then just shut up. It's that simple. Your stupid little game is nothing but annoying at this point, at best. Not produce, or shut up.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182132 Jul 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even known what the 10 Commandments are rabbee.
You just babble your mouth.
You are a loser rabbee.
You have something to hide, and you accuse others of your own misgivings rabbee.
Sound like you are guilty of something you don't want no body to know about.
So you accuse others to hide your shame.
You are loser rabbee.
rabbee: you have already denied the story of Adam, to adam and chaooah in TheTorah. what would be the point, in giving you anything else to deny? and surely you should know, the christian version of the commandments. cause your, so self claimed smarter. so who are you to call anyone else, a loser that you are actually.

and don't even try, using your being guilty. to make me look, like the guilty one here.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182133 Jul 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you have already denied the story of Adam, to adam and chaooah in TheTorah. what would be the point, in giving you anything else to deny?
None, so why don't you just shut up and stop bothering people needlessly? If you aren't going to give the goods, then shut up. Your game is very stupid and tiresome at this point. You are nothing but one excuse after another.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182134 Jul 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I am waiting for the specific verses charlatan. You can give them from the Torah that I have or you can give them from the REAL, secret Torah that you claim that you have, but either way. you start quoting some actual verses or you can just shut up. Is that clear enough for you?
rabbee: just finished giving them to muq, a couple of days back. and not because he demanded it. so sorry you, so blindly missed it again.

do you think, i am going to give this, to your being a snotty brat with an antiG-D tantrum attitude ever again? you do not make demands, of either G-D or TheHisSon. you seem to have a problem, understanding that G-D is your boss. not your, the other way around.

neither G-D or i work that way, to this world's arrogance in demanding. and you who act, as if The Story of Adam in TheTorah is a secret. is saying, self embarrassingly what?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182135 Jul 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
None, so why don't you just shut up and stop bothering people needlessly? If you aren't going to give the goods, then shut up. Your game is very stupid and tiresome at this point. You are nothing but one excuse after another.
rabbee: look at what the hypocrite says, bothering others with your needless antiG-D ways. and look at the antiG-D, secular excuse of a head game you just gave for it.

Location hidden

#182136 Jul 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you have already denied the story of Adam, to adam and chaooah in TheTorah. what would be the point, in giving you anything else to deny? and surely you should know, the christian version of the commandments. cause your, so self claimed smarter. so who are you to call anyone else, a loser that you are actually.
and don't even try, using your being guilty. to make me look, like the guilty one here.
They don't exist in the Torah.
They only exist in your insane mind.
You are a loser rabbee.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182137 Jul 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: just finished giving them to muq, a couple of days back. and not because he demanded it. so sorry you, so blindly missed it again.
Just give it to me, okay? You don't even have to copy and paste it, just reference the post number and I'll go back and find it. But somehow, I know it's not going to answer the specific questions that I asked you. I know your crazy little games by now. And the next excuse is that you don't have to give me anything, right? Heard it before from you, many times. You are nothing but utter BS when properly challenged. The emperor has no clothes, so to speak. You do absolutely nothing but hide behind excuses and deflections.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182138 Jul 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: look at what the hypocrite says, bothering others with your needless antiG-D ways.
I'm actually only bothering you right now, and for very good reason. It's about time that somebody ask you to stand up and speak clearly and back what you say up, or just shut up. You are nothing but a babbling annoyance that even plays little tricks to never directly face proper questions.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#182140 Jul 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then let's answer the "in any event".
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
He, we can see that he is clearly talking to his apostles. And obviously Muhammad never came to his apostles.
"The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. Jesus and the Holy Spirit were living with them at the time."
John 16
"19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. 7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
Jesus did not have to go away for Muhammad to come a whopping 600 years later and any Muslim would say that Jesus cannot send Muhammad.
Here's the real kicker. Muslims try to deny the legitimacy of John all of the time because that's the book where Jesus calls himself Son of God or even refers to himself as divine when he said before Abraham was, I am. But as soon as they think they can use John for their own purposes, they pull it back out of the trashcan and start quoting from it. This is the typical, inherent duplicitous behavior that many Muslims are so well known for, and they can't even see the problem with behavior like this. It never even occurs to them.
Mohammad endorsed lying, so why shouldn't his slaves lie their asses off? IOW, ALLAH APPROVES OF BEARING FALSE WITNESS.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#182141 Jul 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't, it's a lot easier than you think. I'll give you a clue. Have you ever read Deuteronomy 17:15? It's only a little more than 20 verses away from Deuteronomy 18:15 and 18:18. Read all three and then tell me who it means when it says from among your brothers. Your dramatics are completely unnecessary.
You are jumping now, without even laying the proper foundations.

That is why I said, I want a proper discussion, point by point, not hit and run like you just pointed out.

That shows your haughtiness and not the proper frame of mind.

What is wrong if you choose a different name, just for this discussion with me on this very thread?

Location hidden

#182142 Jul 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I said, I want a proper discussion, point by point, not hit and run like you just pointed out.
What is wrong if you choose a different name, just for this discussion with me on this very thread?
Do you understand this scripture to be a true or false teaching from God?
The Sayings and Deeds of Muhammad and His Companions

One of Muhammad’s popular claims is that God commanded him to fight people until they become Muslims and carry out the ordinances of Islam. All Muslim scholars without exception agree on this. Muhammad said:

"I have been ordered by God to fight with people till they bear testimony to the fact that there is no God but Allah and that Mohammed is his messenger, and that they establish prayer and pay Zakat (money). If they do it, their blood and their property are safe from me" (see Bukhari Vol. I, p. 13).

Scholars understood this claim to mean the waging of offensive wars against unbelievers in order to force them to embrace Islam as individuals or communities. This is exactly what Muhammad himself did in carrying out God’s commandment to him.

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#182143 Jul 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, aren't you the proper one?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#182144 Jul 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand this scripture to be a true or false teaching from God?
The Sayings and Deeds of Muhammad and His Companions
One of Muhammad’s popular claims is that God commanded him to fight people until they become Muslims and carry out the ordinances of Islam. All Muslim scholars without exception agree on this. Muhammad said:
"I have been ordered by God to fight with people till they bear testimony to the fact that there is no God but Allah and that Mohammed is his messenger, and that they establish prayer and pay Zakat (money). If they do it, their blood and their property are safe from me" (see Bukhari Vol. I, p. 13).
Scholars understood this claim to mean the waging of offensive wars against unbelievers in order to force them to embrace Islam as individuals or communities. This is exactly what Muhammad himself did in carrying out God’s commandment to him.
You have YET to provide proofs that God spoke to Abraham and Moses and you are trying to have the LUXURY of commenting on these points?

First jobs first.

Location hidden

#182145 Jul 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have YET to provide proofs that God spoke to Abraham and Moses and you are trying to have the LUXURY of commenting on these points?
First jobs first.
God said he told Moses to write the Bible.

Old Testament

Exodus 17:14

Then the Lord said to Moses, "Write this for a memorial in the book and recount it in the hearing of Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven."

Numbers 33:2

Now Moses wrote down the starting points of their journeys at the command of the Lord. And these are their journeys according to their starting points:

Joshua 1:7–8

Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Joshua 8:31

as Moses the servant of the Lord had commanded the children of Israel, as it is written in the Book of the Law of Moses: "an altar of whole stones over which no man has wielded an iron tool." And they offered on it burnt offerings to the Lord, and sacrificed peace offerings.(see Exodus 20:24–25)

Joshua 23:6

Therefore be very courageous to keep and to do all that is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, lest you turn aside from it to the right hand or to the left.

1 Kings 2:3

And keep the charge of the Lord your God: to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His judgments, and His testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn.

2 Kings 14:6

But the children of the murderers he did not execute, according to what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, in which the Lord commanded, saying, "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; but a person shall be put to death for his own sin." (see Deuteronomy 24:16)

1 Chronicles 22:13

Then you will prosper, if you take care to fulfill the statutes and judgments with which the Lord charged Moses concerning Israel. Be strong and of good courage; do not fear nor be dismayed.

Ezra 6:18

They assigned the priests to their divisions and the Levites to their divisions, over the service of God in Jerusalem, as it is written in the Book of Moses.(This is taught in the books of Exodus and Leviticus.)

Nehemiah 13:1

On that day they read from the Book of Moses in the hearing of the people, and in it was found written that no Ammonite or Moabite should ever come into the assembly of God.(see Deuteronomy 23:3–5)

Daniel 9:11

Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him.

Malachi 4:4

Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

You see MUQ, God continued talking to the prophets through out the Bible.

And the events of the Bible are all historical facts that the events in the Bible are true.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182146 Jul 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Mohammad endorsed lying, so why shouldn't his slaves lie their asses off? IOW, ALLAH APPROVES OF BEARING FALSE WITNESS.
Hello funny boy.
Jesus promised to run off so God could sent another Advocate/Prophet, right?
We know there is no "ghost" although churchians believe that there is one or a billion inside every one of them.
How many human Prophets came after Jesus PBUH, the "alleged" Jewish Prophet/Messenger, praised and elevated the man, and have a following of nearly 2billion people?
Let's take a wild guess...
Muhammed PBUH.

Proof is in the eating.
Nobody turned up after Jesus PBUH, the monotheist and submitter to Will of God, except Muhammed PBUH, the monotheist and submitter to Will of God.
(some idiot asked why 600 years......how many years did it take Jesus PBUH to turn up after David or Moses?)
Stop lying and start living.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182147 Jul 7, 2013
There is no way a true servant of God would break what God has given, even symbolically.
Therefore, the books written by the naive did get this wrong.
Moses should have shoved the golden calf up somebody where the sun don't shine, instead of breaking God's instructions.
Many errors...but who cares?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#182148 Jul 7, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello funny boy.
Jesus promised to run off so God could sent another Advocate/Prophet, right?
We know there is no "ghost" although churchians believe that there is one or a billion inside every one of them.
How many human Prophets came after Jesus PBUH, the "alleged" Jewish Prophet/Messenger, praised and elevated the man, and have a following of nearly 2billion people?
Let's take a wild guess...
Muhammed PBUH.
Proof is in the eating.
Nobody turned up after Jesus PBUH, the monotheist and submitter to Will of God, except Muhammed PBUH, the monotheist and submitter to Will of God.
(some idiot asked why 600 years......how many years did it take Jesus PBUH to turn up after David or Moses?)
Stop lying and start living.
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

You forgot to mention Joseph Smith.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#182149 Jul 7, 2013
Bukhari:V6B61N504 "Allah's Apostle said,'Every Prophet was given miracles because of which people believed, but what I have been given is Divine Inspiration which Allah has revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will outnumber the followers of the other Prophets.'"

Megalomania, anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jun 13 Eagle 12 - 861
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Jun 9 The Ragin Pagan 31
Andrekia the Wiccan witch. Jun 6 doG mnaDed lyoH r... 1
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) May '18 Largosmokey 9
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) May '18 Grami 9
An Occult site i just published, would love fee... (Jun '06) May '18 Grami 6
News Transgender inmate sues prison over witchcraft ... Apr '18 TerriB1 1