Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,369

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#181625 Jul 1, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
How can he be illiterate if he was gifted with knowledge when was born, dunce?

I agree with you people need educated prophets, not illiterate and unschooled ones... BTW, send my greetings to your unschooled or illiterate prophet Muhammad.
I wish to answer that question.

A person, who can talk well, cannot be considered literate, unless that person can read and write.

As for Jesus and Muhammad, both could not write and left nothing in their own writing behind.

In order to understand the true meaning of literate, educated, cultured, etc., one needs to have studied English literature and I can see you have not done that.

Think hard and chew on this:

A person may be literate but can we call him an educated person?

A person may be literate but can we call him a cultured person?

For example, Shamma and you are literate but I do not consider both of you educated.

bmz

Singapore

#181626 Jul 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Exactly, bro.
These chaps are hedging their bets because they are too ashamed to come forward as "churchian/christian ", but happy pose as atheists and martians!
Thank you for an excellent observation.
Salaams, Alex WM
You are welcome, bro.

Salaams
BMZ
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181627 Jul 1, 2013
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Mohammed (Peace be upon him) didn't create the holy Quran!
He was illiterate, how could an illiterate man among the illiterate people in the deserts create a great book like the holy Quran which has a lot of miracles!
I don't see anything miraculous in the words of the Quran itself. And as to how he could create it? I didn't say he wrote it, he recited it and others wrote it. How could he do that? The Arabs for the most part were all illiterate at that time, and because they were, they used poetry a lot to help them memorize things. And they all used to be wonderful poets because of this. They even had contests in their spare time, much like street rappers do today. Muhammad says, write a Sura like it, but it was an empty challenge because he never explain what someone would have to do for it to qualify as being like it. And Muhammad did not like other good poets and even had some assassinated and I can quote the hadiths that say so.

Maybe it might have been miraculous for him to recite the entire Quran over 3 days or even a week, but he did it little by little, piece by piece over 23 years. Plenty of people could do that. And while this book was supposedly penned in heaven, as is said, I find it odd that the whole thing couldn't be revealed at once with Allah simply putting the words into his mouth over the course of three days, or even one week. Muslims use the excuse that it had to be revealed over 23 years so that people could slowly absorb it. But if that's the case, then why could people absorb it over the course of weeks or even months, or even one year after Muhammad died? Why aren't people asked to read it piece by piece over the course of 23 years if it takes 23 years to absorb it?

The truth is that the Quran took 23 years because it was Muhammad making up a new Sura every time he needed one as his circumstances changed. And this is why there is a concept of abrogation in the Quran, where a later, seemingly contradictory verse supersedes the earlier one if they appear in conflict. This happened because Muhammad couldn't know in advance how his circumstances would change.
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Even you seeker, you're cultured and educated, you can't bring one verse like in the holy Quran!
I can at least choose more accurate words when talking about the cosmos. Muhammad said the sky was raised above the earth, which means he thought the earth was flat and the sky was a canopy or roof or dome raised above it. And that is what 7th century Arabs thought back then. But the earth is a ball contained WITHIN the sky and the sky SURROUNDS it on all sides. There is no "above" in terms of the sky. And those words, within and surround were available to Muhammad, but he didn't know any better about what the earth and sky really were, so he never chose to use them. Is that the creator of all things talking or a 7th century Arab?
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the equal to the weight (Atom) was mentioned in the holy Quran 1370 years before Albert Einstein!
People are pulling the wool over your eyes. The ancient Greeks knew about atoms long before Muhammad did. Muslims make up all sorts of stuff to make the Quran look more miraculous than it actually is. You are being lied to.

http://patentpending.blogs.com/patent_pending...
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
We're gonna die, you and me and everyone, but the question is, what did you do in this life for the another life?
What did you leave in your another life (After the death)? Even the Angels will ask you and ask everyone!
The first thing I choose to do is to not be fooled by Muhammad. I think I am much better off that way. I think the Quran was a fraud and the only thing that keeps it alive are the false miracles that Muslims try to make up about it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181628 Jul 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that BJ was gifted with knowledge when he was born and others were not?
What kind of atheist are you?
I don't believe he was gifted with knowledge. The point I made is that a Muslim cannot tell he was illiterate or unschooled when the Quran clearly said he was given knowledge when he was born.

IOW bmz's thought against Quran.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181629 Jul 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You made another booboo, little glory seeking slave.
You have just "condemned" Shamma to "hell"...
<quoted text>
Therefore, according to your MPD two faced claim, you are right behind him!
Good boy...stay down right behind licking asses.
And you are wrong again, and you are DisAlexic. Saying that someone MIGHT end up right behind them is not wishing that will happen at all. At most it would be something for the other person to consider. I don't even wish hell on you, for as hard as that might be for me sometimes. I just can't understand your twisted, cross eyed comprehension. I don't know what it is you think you are reading.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181630 Jul 1, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe he was gifted with knowledge. The point I made is that a Muslim cannot tell he was illiterate or unschooled when the Quran clearly said he was given knowledge when he was born.
IOW bmz's thought against Quran.
I forgot about that. Yes, the "unschooled Jesus" was able to talk in the cradle according to the Quran. But anyway, that idea and him making birds out of clay actually came from a false gnostic Gospel, called the Infancy Gospel of Jesus. And in that Gospel, Jesus was actually a pretty nasty little brat that used his powers to hurt people, but Muhammad didn't know the rest of what that Gospel said and how outlandish it really was, so he had no idea of what a mistake he was making by borrowing that.
Normal Man

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#181631 Jul 1, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anything miraculous in the words of the Quran itself. And as to how he could create it? I didn't say he wrote it, he recited it and others wrote it. How could he do that? The Arabs for the most part were all illiterate at that time, and because they were, they used poetry a lot to help them memorize things. And they all used to be wonderful poets because of this. They even had contests in their spare time, much like street rappers do today. Muhammad says, write a Sura like it, but it was an empty challenge because he never explain what someone would have to do for it to qualify as being like it. And Muhammad did not like other good poets and even had some assassinated and I can quote the hadiths that say so.
Maybe it might have been miraculous for him to recite the entire Quran over 3 days or even a week, but he did it little by little, piece by piece over 23 years. Plenty of people could do that. And while this book was supposedly penned in heaven, as is said, I find it odd that the whole thing couldn't be revealed at once with Allah simply putting the words into his mouth over the course of three days, or even one week. Muslims use the excuse that it had to be revealed over 23 years so that people could slowly absorb it. But if that's the case, then why could people absorb it over the course of weeks or even months, or even one year after Muhammad died? Why aren't people asked to read it piece by piece over the course of 23 years if it takes 23 years to absorb it?
The truth is that the Quran took 23 years because it was Muhammad making up a new Sura every time he needed one as his circumstances changed. And this is why there is a concept of abrogation in the Quran, where a later, seemingly contradictory verse supersedes the earlier one if they appear in conflict. This happened because Muhammad couldn't know in advance how his circumstances would change.
<quoted text>
I can at least choose more accurate words when talking about the cosmos. Muhammad said the sky was raised above the earth, which means he thought the earth was flat and the sky was a canopy or roof or dome raised above it. And that is what 7th century Arabs thought back then. But the earth is a ball contained WITHIN the sky and the sky SURROUNDS it on all sides. There is no "above" in terms of the sky. And those words, within and surround were available to Muhammad, but he didn't know any better about what the earth and sky really were, so he never chose to use them. Is that the creator of all things talking or a 7th century Arab?
<quoted text>
People are pulling the wool over your eyes. The ancient Greeks knew about atoms long before Muhammad did. Muslims make up all sorts of stuff to make the Quran look more miraculous than it actually is. You are being lied to.
http://patentpending.blogs.com/patent_pending...
<quoted text>
The first thing I choose to do is to not be fooled by Muhammad. I think I am much better off that way. I think the Quran was a fraud and the only thing that keeps it alive are the false miracles that Muslims try to make up about it.
The Ancient Arabs were illiterate, and do you think we were know about ancient Greece, history, space, medicine, geography ????

The holy Quran has a lot of miracles, but you didn't read it correctly, even the laser is mentioned in the holy Quran!

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...

Read this short verse carefully, and read it again and again, and you will what does it mean!
It means Laser!

See this video about the miracles about the holy Quran!

Also Google for the miracles about the holy Quran, and you will see things that you will be shocked!

So, do you think all of these miracles came from an illiterate man?

Nobody force our religion to you seeker!
You're free man, and god created your brain to think, and to chose your path!

“King of Kings”

Since: Jul 08

US Bible belt

#181632 Jul 1, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you never even bother to come out and outline in. Let's take a look. All you have done so far is to tell everyone how impressed you are with yourself. Who cares about that?
The Bible suggests you seek knowledge from the most impressive person which is why I spent my life impressing people and still do. My plan outline includes things everyone accepts as business as usual as being that which will never be allowed on this planet again. No lines on maps or dividing of land is as far as you can get from where you are. I am the only person you should really care about because I am the only person who understands the Bible and my works are proof of that.

bmz

Singapore

#181633 Jul 1, 2013
Jake999 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible suggests you seek knowledge from the most impressive person which is why I spent my life impressing people and still do.

My plan outline includes things everyone accepts as business as usual as being that which will never be allowed on this planet again.

No lines on maps or dividing of land is as far as you can get from where you are.

I am the only person you should really care about because I am the only person who understands the Bible and my works are proof of that.
Great thoughts and great mind, Christ Jake.

May God protect you from the Churches and all evil. Aaaamen!

Location hidden

#181634 Jul 1, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot about that. Yes, the "unschooled Jesus" was able to talk in the cradle according to the Quran. But anyway, that idea and him making birds out of clay actually came from a false gnostic Gospel, called the Infancy Gospel of Jesus. And in that Gospel, Jesus was actually a pretty nasty little brat that used his powers to hurt people, but Muhammad didn't know the rest of what that Gospel said and how outlandish it really was, so he had no idea of what a mistake he was making by borrowing that.
The figure of Yeshua in Quran is taken from different Gospels.

bmz

Singapore

#181635 Jul 1, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The figure of Yeshua in Quran is taken from different Gospels.
From which conman's gospel? Can you be more precise?

The first gospel is that of Mark.

The next two were copied almost wholesale by Matthew and Luke.

The fourth was an absurd one, written by mad men, with whom Mark, his copycats Luke and Matthew do not agree.
Normal Man

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#181636 Jul 1, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are wrong again, and you are DisAlexic. Saying that someone MIGHT end up right behind them is not wishing that will happen at all. At most it would be something for the other person to consider. I don't even wish hell on you, for as hard as that might be for me sometimes. I just can't understand your twisted, cross eyed comprehension. I don't know what it is you think you are reading.
And here's the presentation about the Laser Technology in the holy Quran in English that will explain you well!

And Don't tell me that the Laser Technology is mentioned in Ancient Greece too!

The Ancient Arabs were illiterate and isolated from other nations for a centuries, and country colonized their regions!
Unlike our Semitic cousins in North of Middle East such as Arameans, Assyrians..etc Who were under Byzantine control and were advanced more than us!

If Mohammed (PBUH) were Egyptian, you could doubt that because Ancient Egypt was very advanced in many things special in Science!

How can an illiterate man like Mohammed (PBUH) knew all that among illiterate people in the desert?

That's why Allah choose him to let the world believes him and to make it sense!

In his first prophecy, the Arabs didn't believe him, and they thought he's a magician when they heard his words and miracles which's impossible someone will say these words in their community!

I'm not lying, and why should i?
I'm not obliged to prove you seeker!

In this world, there's 2 path only: The right path, and the wrong path, and Allah created our brains to think and to chose one of these paths!
And you're free to chose!

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181637 Jul 1, 2013
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ancient Arabs were illiterate, and do you think we were know about ancient Greece, history, space, medicine, geography ????
Sure Muhammad worked for a wealthy woman who he was married to before the Quran and he used to visit and trade with all sorts of people and lands when he ran her trading company.
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
The holy Quran has a lot of miracles, but you didn't read it correctly, even the laser is mentioned in the holy Quran!
Read this short verse carefully, and read it again and again, and you will what does it mean! It means Laser!
Maybe you can just explain to me why an analogy of a lamp means a laser.
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
See this video about the miracles about the holy Quran!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =biZWxLyQb0oXX
Also Google for the miracles about the holy Quran, and you will see things that you will be shocked!
I've seen all of these and they are exposed as hoaxes all of the time given by people that don't even understand science correctly and are poorly educated, or they just purposefully try to read things into it that aren't actually there. If you want, pick the one you think is best and show me the claim and let's discuss it. I'm not going to go through every single one only to find out they are false and the person claiming it doesn't understand science properly or is giving the Quran interpretations that simply are not there.
Normal Man

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#181638 Jul 1, 2013
I forgot to post the link of the presentation of the Laser Technology of the holy Quran:

Location hidden

#181639 Jul 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
From which conman's gospel? Can you be more precise?
The first gospel is that of Mark.
The next two were copied almost wholesale by Matthew and Luke.
The fourth was an absurd one, written by mad men, with whom Mark, his copycats Luke and Matthew do not agree.
Why do you consider yourself to be educated when you are seriously ignorant?

For your information, the canonical Gospels are not the only Gospels, braindead.
Normal Man

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#181640 Jul 1, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Muhammad worked for a wealthy woman who he was married to before the Quran and he used to visit and trade with all sorts of people and lands when he ran her trading company.
<quoted text>
Maybe you can just explain to me why an analogy of a lamp means a laser.
<quoted text>
I've seen all of these and they are exposed as hoaxes all of the time given by people that don't even understand science correctly and are poorly educated, or they just purposefully try to read things into it that aren't actually there. If you want, pick the one you think is best and show me the claim and let's discuss it. I'm not going to go through every single one only to find out they are false and the person claiming it doesn't understand science properly or is giving the Quran interpretations that simply are not there.
You said:
"Maybe you can just explain to me why an analogy of a lamp means a laser."

This is the explanation about the laser in the holy Quran, it's a little bit long video, but be patient if you want to know about it:

Don't tell me that the Ancient Greece knew about the Laser!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181641 Jul 1, 2013
Normal Man wrote:
I forgot to post the link of the presentation of the Laser Technology of the holy Quran:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HQNFdWTSzBQXX
People try to pull this kind of stuff all of the time, but the most likely meaning of this parable is what is found on the very next page of the tafsir link you posted

Let me explain to you the logical error that all of these non thinkers are making who try stuff like this. The Quran is supposed to be a guidance for all mankind, for all times, not just the 20th century and not just the 8th century or the 16th century. This means that people of all times should be able to understand the meanings in it if they really ponder them, no matter what time period they live in. If it didn't, it could not be a considered proper guidance for all mankind for all times. Agreed so far?

So if it takes scientific discovery for us to understand what the Quran really means in it's parables, then we need science and scientific discovery to properly understand the Quran, and therefore science is dictating what the Quran really means, and nobody can know what it really means without scientific discoveries. Does that sound right to you or do you see something a little bit wrong about science determining the meaning of the Quran? Think about it.

People that makes things up like this are not very well schooled in subjects such as Logic as often Muslims are not. Logic and Philosophy are often not taught to Muslims like they are to non Muslims, because Muslims are taught that the Quran is all that they need to know, so often they are not taught how to properly and logically think about things, which is what Logic and Philosophy classes are designed to do. Logic and Philosophy classes aren't designed to teach about God, they are designed to teach people how to approach any subject in life, whether it be about religion or anything else and logically and correctly think about it and ponder it.

This is also probably why Muslims seem to invent almost no new innovations or inventions and instead spend their whole time taking innovations and inventions of the kaffir, and using it to invent new meanings for the Quran that just really are not there. And they can only do that after science gives them the info to do this. To me, it seems like the only thing that Muslims seem to invent are new meanings for the Quran. If one really tries hard enough, one can make almost anything mean what they want it to mean. But why didn't it mean that before the kaffir handed them this new knowledge?

So are you sure that you want to say that before one can really understand the true meaning of the Quran, one needs information from the kaffir? Again, these people just don't really think very much and don't realize the logical errors they are making and what these errors would mean. They aren't very bright, and even some Muslim scholars are smart enough to realize the problem that I just explained and they don't like it when other Muslims do things like this. I hope I explained that to you clearly enough.

bmz

Singapore

#181642 Jul 1, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you consider yourself to be educated when you are seriously ignorant?
For your information, the canonical Gospels are not the only Gospels, braindead.
No diversion, please.

The question was:

From which conman's gospel? Can you be more precise?

bmz

Singapore

#181643 Jul 1, 2013
@ Shamma

Don't forget to address the following post:

Shamma, I do not want to hear John's "my Father", "my Father" series.

Here is an assignment for you.

This is what you have to do: Go through Mark and find out if Jesus ever used the words "my Father".

If you find Jesus saying "my Father" in Mark's gospel, please report to me straight away.

Also, tell us how many times the word "Father" can be found in Mark's gospel.

And instead of shouting "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?", why did he not say, "My Father, my Father, why have you abandoned me?"?

We know Muslims are killing Muslims. Just answer the questions raised.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181644 Jul 1, 2013
One other thing normal Man. If people need to make up these miracles for their book, then they really don't have much faith in the book itself. They need to make up miracles before they can believe in the book itself, as it is. Either the book is a guidance for all times that all people can understand properly if they think about it, or it is not. These people have to pick one or the other, and when they do what they do, they show little faith in their book because they are suggesting that it needs these new things before people can believe in it.

Again, this is why some of the wiser and more intelligent scholars of Islam are against this sort of thing. They have thought enough to see the clear problem with this sort of stuff that I do, and what that problem really means. So obviously, not all Muslims are dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 18 hr Big Log 17
torn sash Sun Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
More from around the web