Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252953 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#181542 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What matters most, is what I wrote:
It is Isaiah, who is clearly saying that the spirit of the LORD God was upon him. That is no prophesy either.
Isaiah did not write: "The spirit of the Lord GOD will be upon him; because the LORD will anoint him to bring good tidings unto the humble; He will send him to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the eyes to them that are bound; "
When did he ever proclaim liberty? And why did he not go on further?
Such verses were cherry-picked just to show Jesus, when he was not even mentioned in there.
You understand nothing.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181543 Jun 30, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello salivating slave...
Normal Man is NORMAL.
He apologised properly.
You being a weird freak would not.
Just READ what you said when caught talking RUBBISH:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
That is NOT an apology.
Try again, Slave.
I would normally even apologize, and I have to other people on other threads when it is called for, but someone such as yourself, who behaves the way you do, never could possibly deserve one. So tough luck, YOU don't get one. Your behavior here has been an absolute horror show, and I know that even the more reasonable Muslims here have no respect for you, but they just aren't allowed to say that in front of the kaffir.

Again, you have some very serious and very deep issues that other Muslims here do not have. I may debate and argue with other Muslims here, but you are in a different class all by yourself, and you should be an absolute embarrassment to any decent, reasonable Muslim who sees how you behave. And the worst part is that you probably have no idea of this at all.

When is the last time you have made any serious arguments in favor of Islam? All of your focus is on Christianity in a forum about Islam, and what is even worse is that you post filthy perverted things about Jesus. I don't care whether you believe the Christian version or not, your descriptions are completely filthy and perverted and there is never any need for that, Philthy Phallics. Have you ever noticed that no other Muslims here behave the way you do?

Again, you have some very very serious and deep mental issues and some real anger. Simon was spot on in his observation of you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181544 Jun 30, 2013
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey again seeker!
Jesus was son of Mary the granddaughter of Jacob son of Issac!
You're right, Jesus was of Jewish descent, but i said about his religion, he was a Muslim and, and i provided it with a verse in the holy Quran before this comment, and you can see the link!
Well what do you think the Quran is supposed to say? Of course it is going to try to link itself to past religions any way that it can. Muhammad seemed to be willing to try anything while he was creating the Quran.
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
The prophet Mohammed (Peace upon him) was a pure Ishmaelite son of Abraham, there's no doubt about it!
Ohh, i didn't know that you're Catholic!
I was just raised as that, but I have moved past all organized religions at this point and am merely a follower of Jesus and his teachings, even though sometimes I slip and don't follow them properly, but I do try. Organized religion is a good way to start. It gets you started, but at some point, it can stunt your spiritual growth and keeps you in a box.

A classic saying
"The donkey that you mount to travel to your home, is not the means by which you enter it"

I do not and cannot deny the scriptures, but I think organized religions get the interpretation wrong in terms of what Jesus meant and I have different interpretations of them, because I have thought about things like this for so long and so deeply in my life, that I am now able to actually think my own thoughts. So while organized religion is a good start, and everybody needs one, you have to be careful about ending up being a blind person being led by another blind person.
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, between all Christians, I feel the Orthodox are more realistic and closer to us more than all sects of the Christianity!
Maybe because it's an eastern church!
Could be, but it doesn't mean much to me anymore. Here are Jesus' own words.

"13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

If there are as many Christians as there are, then this verse suggests that many of them are following the wide gate. So if I were just like them and thought just like them, then I would be following the wide gate too. Same thing with Muslims.

People say, 1.5 billion people can't be wrong, or Islam is the fastest growing religion. But popularity is a horrible reason to believe something. Either you believe it or not, and if you rely on how many other people believe it, then your faith is weak. It shouldn't matter how many other people believe it, you make your own choice, and that is that. Only people who are actually insecure about their beliefs and aren't really sure of them deep down inside would care about how many other people believe the same thing. So numbers don't prove truth at all, and sometimes, maybe it's even the opposite. Do you think that most people aren't fools? I think the things you see around you everyday says that is wrong and they are fools.

In the west, if you have good parents, and the kid does something wrong and the parents ask him why he did it, and he responds that he did it because everyone else was doing it, the parents respond that if everyone else was jumping off of a bridge, does that mean you should do it too? Very wise, and this is one of the first lessons that good parents teach their kids.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#181545 Jun 30, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
So very true, brother! Rabbeen is a breath of fresh air.
Like your "Tafsir" ...lol
Salaams, AlexWM
Thanks, bro.

Glad you enjoyed the Tafsir on Tazweer. lol!

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Singapore

#181546 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a tough call. Who do I believe? Jake, rabbee or Susan? So many prophets to choose from, each with conflicting claims, each claiming that THEY are the authentic one and the other two are phonies who don't know what they are talking about. How do I decide?
It is very easy, Seeker.

You need three Pauls. And see which Paul can lie the most.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181547 Jun 30, 2013
And Normal Man, one more thing. You can just listen to whatever people tell you and never come to your own conclusions, but remember something, you are the one who is going to have to die when it's your time to die, not them, and you are the one who is going to be judged when it's your time to be judged, not them. They have their own separate death and judgment. So if you are going to be judged, at least make sure you are judged for your own ideas, not theirs. Find yourself. Use your heart. Use you common sense. God made everybody unique for a reason and gave us all our own brains.
bmz

Singapore

#181548 Jun 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You understand nothing.
I do but you don't.

I wrote this:

It is Isaiah, who is clearly saying that the spirit of the LORD God was upon him. That is no prophesy either.

Isaiah did not write: "The spirit of the Lord GOD will be upon him; because the LORD will anoint him to bring good tidings unto the humble; He will send him to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the eyes to them that are bound; "

Such verses were cherry-picked just to show Jesus, when he was not even mentioned in there.

I gave you the reasons. You did not try to refute.
bmz

Singapore

#181549 Jun 30, 2013
Normal Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Alykum Salam Brother!
There are a millions of people like this guy, if you will discuss with him,a dn that guy, and these guy, those guy... believe me brother you will be tired!
The best solution is ignore him, this guy wants to play with us!
And he wants to prove that he's exist!
I wonder where he's from, and what is his religion?
If he's Christian, i'm sure he doesn't know any think about Christianity, and the last time he went to the Church when he was little kid with his parents!
Even Jesus was Muslim, and he believed in the Message of Mohammed the prophet (Peace upon him) be fore he comes!
The Holy Quran proved that:
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...
Look at the last verse in Surah Al-Imran (Imran Chapter)!
Brother, this guy doesn't deserve to waste your worth time!
You are from Republic of Singapore which's the fourth most important financial center in the world, and the fifth port in the world in terms of activity!
Also it's global city which plays an important role in the global economy!
It's an advanced country!
Thank God, and Mashallah, we are so proud of you, and keep up guys, and go forward!
And this guy, i'm sure he's homeless, and he wants play!
Nice talking you brother, and i wish you and your amazing people well!
Salam and Ramadan-ul-Kareem Mubarak!
Wa alaikum assalaam, brother

I do not know know where Shamma is from. He says he is a Catholic. However, he is not well-read and is unable to defend his religion.

The problem is that most polemic Christians do not realize that Christianity is the most unreasonable faith.

And that is why most of the polemicists are unreasonable folks. If you tell them, "Let us reason", they cannot.

Thank you, bro for your kind words. Yes, Singapore is a beautiful place. It is not even a Muslim country and if you come here, you will find MacDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Long Johns Silver and many other outlets that have gone Halal, so food will never be a problem.

I was invited here by some friends more than five years ago, who had asked me to contribute when and whatever I could. I did and in due course, I was encouraged through private messages even by Christian students and Westerners to carry on writing.

It is the silent majority of international readers that I care about, not the dumkopffs here.

If we do not respond, the clueless fools like Shamma will keep on misinforming and misreporting just the way the Church misled the ignorant pagan Gentiles.

Please keep on writing when you can. Christianity is batil and we show that through her books and her false beliefs. Truth starts with "He declared that" but not with "He claimed that".

JazakAllah and good night
BMZ
bmz

Singapore

#181550 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Matthew 6
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
We have that too, Seeker. Nothing new for us.

We know that even long before hearing about Matthew 6:14

We have the equivalent in Surah Noor 24. I quote part of verse 22:

"And they must pardon and must forgive. Don’t you want that Allah may forgive you? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, continuously Merciful."

There you go. If people want Allah to forgive them, then they should also forgive others too.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#181551 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
"And they must pardon and must forgive. Don’t you want that Allah may forgive you? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, continuously Merciful."
There you go. If people want Allah to forgive them, then they should also forgive others too.
Keep in mind, that in many Christian traditions, one can still do an end run around people and receive repentance from one's sinful ways directly from God. The whole enterprise of being "saved".

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#181552 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a contradiction in the Quran.
And only meant forgiveness for believers in Muhammad.
All non-believers of Muhammad are cursed.
So it is not following the teachings of God.
Muslims are Anti-God.
They are possessed with devils and worship Satan.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181553 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he should have just quoted it from where he stole it from, instead of claiming it as his own. The least he could have said was "remember when it was said in your past scriptures".

Location hidden

#181554 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do but you don't.
I wrote this:
I gave you the reasons. You did not try to refute.
Muslims are bull-shiters.
Demon possessed.
God requires to worship Him in the Spirit and Isiah was in the Spirit prophesying about Jesus.
Muslims are demon possessed.
They are devil worshipers on earth.
Muhammad is a possessed demon from hell.
And

Location hidden

#181555 Jun 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind, that in many Christian traditions, one can still do an end run around people and receive repentance from one's sinful ways directly from God. The whole enterprise of being "saved".
All Christian beliefs and practices are based on faith in God.
Jesus took away the veil between that was in the OT between God and man. where in the OT only the high priest was allowed to enter the Holy tabernacle to make atonement for sins.
Christian go directly to God in all their beliefs and practices.

Location hidden

#181556 Jun 30, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Slave!
Speak when spoken to.
Answer these PROPERLY:
We can give you a chance MY SLAVE seeker to redeem yourself if you can find some really good verses from the synoptic gospels, starting with Mark...
Did Jesus say any of these?
1. "I am God in flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"
7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)"
Jesus said all of that Alex.
Jesus is God in the flesh Alex.
You Need to get to know Him.
You are acting like a crazy man.
Ha, Ha.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#181557 Jun 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>All Christian beliefs and practices are based on faith in God.
Jesus took away the veil between that was in the OT between God and man. where in the OT only the high priest was allowed to enter the Holy tabernacle to make atonement for sins.
Christian go directly to God in all their beliefs and practices.
yes, we know. Screw mankind - just make sure you love God and everything is A OK.

Luckily for the rest of the world, not all Christians act that way.

Location hidden

#181558 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He is Catholic, and I do not think that he acts like Catholics are supposed to act. I was raised as one and went to Catholic school for eight years. As a Catholic, one is not supposed to just jam scriptures down people's throat and tell them they are going to hell. That's a pointless exercise. I have mentioned this to him before, but it only makes him angry. In my personal opinion, anybody who outright wishes that someone else will end up in hell, might be right behind them in line.
Matthew 5
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 6
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Matthew 7
1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
<quoted text>
Jesus was a Jew. They even sometimes called him Rabbi. Muhammad just made that angle up that everyone is a Muslim, but it isn't true. In fact, Muhammad was supposed to be a descendant of Ishmael who was a son of Abraham that was born via his Egyptian slave, but Issac was born of his wife Sarah. According to the Bible, the covenant was made with Issac. And, after that, we see all past scriptures come from the descendants of Issac and none came from the descendants of Ishmael, until the "supposed" prophet Muhammad. And even he had to borrow scriptures from the descendants of Issac and had none from the descendants of Ishmael to use, even though he was supposed to be a descendant of Ishmael. And, not only did he do that, but he also incorporated the Kaaba, Black Stone and the idea of the jinn into Islam. The pagan Meccans of his time and the town he grew up in all revered the Kaaba and Black Stone before Islam, but the Jews and Christians, who's religion he claimed to complete, never did.
You are dumb ass fake believer in God Seeker, Muslims don't know that believing in Muhammad the false prophet leads them to the fires of hell.
Somebody needs to tell them the truth, and I choose to tell them the truth.
Revelation 21:8 ESV
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

You are a coward Seeker the Muslims have you as their slave to cause strife between believers in God.
Alex and BMZ have you down on your knees giving them a blow job.
You give good head Seeker to Muslims.
And that is an abomination

Location hidden

#181559 Jun 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, we know. Screw mankind - just make sure you love God and everything is A OK.
Luckily for the rest of the world, not all Christians act that way.
I feel sorry for you Frijoles.
You are ignorant of God.
In loving God with all your heart, mind, and body empowers one to have charity for all mankind.

Your problem Frijoles is that you are a coward, afraid to love God
with all your heart, mind and body.
You are partial in your love for God.

You are like the Muslims that reject being a good Samaritan.
Your act of doing Mitzvah is self righteousness.
And that is not what God intended doing Mitzvah to be.

Location hidden

#181560 Jun 30, 2013
Modern scholars such as Crook, Crone, Wansbrough, Rippin, etc. are
giving us a totally different model of the origins of Islam and the
Qur'an. Once you put aside the Qur'an and the Hadith, you begin to
see that Islam created the Qur'an instead of the Qur'an creating
Islam. Islam created a mythological Muhammad who is nothing like
the historical Muhammad, if that was his true name. The Qur'an had
multiple authors from various locations who combined different
legends and materials to make the stories found in it. It took
150-200 years for the Qur'an to appear. Muhammad never saw the
present Qur'an and would disown it if show it. He is not the source
of it. This explains the contradictions and mistakes in it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181561 Jun 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are dumb ass fake believer in God Seeker, Muslims don't know that believing in Muhammad the false prophet leads them to the fires of hell.
Somebody needs to tell them the truth, and I choose to tell them the truth.
Revelation 21:8 ESV
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
You are a coward Seeker the Muslims have you as their slave to cause strife between believers in God.
Alex and BMZ have you down on your knees giving them a blow job.
You give good head Seeker to Muslims.
And that is an abomination
LOL!!!

This one was the best
"Alex and BMZ have you down on your knees giving them a blow job."

Nice, devout Catholic, eh? LOL!!! So you are just as filthy as Philthy Phallics. You two are made for each other. Maybe hell would be putting you two in a room together and watching you both argue nonsensically forever. I better be good, or I'll have to watch that forever, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 11 min Thinking 4,492
Astrology and Paganism 10 hr Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
More from around the web