Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181148 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
And BMZ, look at Phallics. We could call him very unlearned because he never studied Islam formally and never really researched it and read tafsir, but that doesn't mean he's illiterate. Even rabbee isn't illiterate, even though he has a tough time creating a coherent, understandable sentence.
hello phallus worshipper...
Did you not know that cross..pole...etc are quite phallic?
Why do Christians use the Celtic Cross

Whilst the circle might have originally represented a moon god, the Sun god, a cosmic wheel, or a phallic symbol plus an association with everlasting life; when the stone crosses were carved by Christians, they were doing so with their Christian God in mind.

god"head"? lol

http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/celtic...
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#181149 Jun 26, 2013
interesting that the sanhedrin found Peter and John to be AGRAMMATOS and IDIOTES - Acts 4:13

sadly, Jesus only had idiotas as disciples
yet somehow Peter the an-alfabeto and idiota was able to write 1&2 Peters ..in Greek! lol
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181150 Jun 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
Phallics, these people are wrong. Unlearned in that verse meant they didn't go to Rabbinical school, it does not necessarily mean illiterate at all. The authorities who observed Peter and John did not ask them to read something, they were observing their behavior and mannerisms which suggested that they weren't formally trained at a Rabbinical school like the authorities observing them were. They were speaking with the authority of someone who had formal rabbinical training, but their mannerisms and plain language suggested that they didn't. That's what it meant.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181151 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181152 Jun 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello phallus seeker...
Interesting that you know how to spell phallus correctly. No surprise, I suppose.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this?
For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
Run along boy!
Until you identify any legitimate source that you got that version from, it is to be deemed to be a fraud that you made up. Oh no, Phallics wouldn't lie or make things up or use questionable sources. Oh no, no no no. LOL!!!
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#181153 Jun 26, 2013
the first christians differed from their fellow jews (who called them minim/heretics) only in the belief that Jesus was the promised Messiah
the REAL apostles were illiterate, kept a low profile and had a small following
see: Evyonim
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181154 Jun 26, 2013
uhuh wrote:
interesting that the sanhedrin found Peter and John to be AGRAMMATOS and IDIOTES - Acts 4:13
sadly, Jesus only had idiotas as disciples
yet somehow Peter the an-alfabeto and idiota was able to write 1&2 Peters ..in Greek! lol
plus..
peter the married pope...?
peter the bad fisherman who relied on BJ to catch fish..?
peter the liar who denied BJ...?
peter the bad swordsman who cut off ear of poor servant..?
peter the coward who fled...?
peter the naked fisherman ....?
peter the myth...?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181155 Jun 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/se x/ipi/ipi13.htm
seek-her!
Who's this clown? For example, he says the fish in Christianity represents continuing life, but it represents no such thing at all. It relates the Jesus telling his newly recruited apostles that they will no longer be fishermen of fish, but will now for fishermen of men, meaning netting souls for salvation. Sounds like this clown has a similar problem to yours.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181156 Jun 26, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the first christians differed from their fellow jews (who called them minim/heretics) only in the belief that Jesus was the promised Messiah
the REAL apostles were illiterate, kept a low profile and had a small following
see: Evyonim
Evyonim means gifts.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181157 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Phallics, these people are wrong. Unlearned in that verse meant they didn't go to Rabbinical school, it does not necessarily mean illiterate at all. The authorities who observed Peter and John did not ask them to read something, they were observing their behavior and mannerisms which suggested that they weren't formally trained at a Rabbinical school like the authorities observing them were. They were speaking with the authority of someone who had formal rabbinical training, but their mannerisms and plain language suggested that they didn't. That's what it meant.
hey moron...
Is your name Richard Head?
Peter was a poor fisherman...
Can you produce evidence of peter the fisherman being an expert on anything?
Don't tell me his "greek" was better than his hebrew/aramaic.

plus..
peter the married pope...?
peter the bad fisherman who relied on BJ to catch fish..?
peter the liar who denied BJ...?
peter the bad swordsman who cut off ear of poor servant..?
peter the coward who fled...?
peter the naked fisherman ....?
peter the myth...?
peter the PAGAN myth...did you know Vatican has "converted" pagan statues into peters! lol
You are a stupid little boy.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181158 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's this clown? For example, he says the fish in Christianity represents continuing life, but it represents no such thing at all. It relates the Jesus telling his newly recruited apostles that they will no longer be fishermen of fish, but will now for fishermen of men, meaning netting souls for salvation. Sounds like this clown has a similar problem to yours.
Richard Head...
You are the clown.
READ and understand what they say about fish hats!
Poor boy.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#181159 Jun 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and seeker worships him!
What will happen to seeker?
If Seeker clings to his idols till the end he will burst into flames along with his false messiah, Jesus.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181160 Jun 26, 2013
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181161 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you know how to spell phallus correctly. No surprise, I suppose.
<quoted text>
Until you identify any legitimate source that you got that version from, it is to be deemed to be a fraud that you made up. Oh no, Phallics wouldn't lie or make things up or use questionable sources. Oh no, no no no. LOL!!!
Hey Richard Head!
How about this?
For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

Run along little boy...look for it!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181162 Jun 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey moron...
Is your name Richard Head?
Peter was a poor fisherman...
Can you produce evidence of peter the fisherman being an expert on anything?
Don't tell me his "greek" was better than his hebrew/aramaic.
plus..
We don't know for sure whether he was literate or not, but ordinary Jews were literate because they had to know how to read the scriptures. But either way, that verse is not commenting on whether they could read or not. They were speaking to people with authority, but there speech was very plain and ordinary, unlike someone who went to Rabbinical school. That's all that it meant. They weren't having someone else read scriptures for them when they talked in front of these people, they were merely talking to them, so the comment can't be referring to their literacy. Are we now going to repeat this over and over and over again like you always like to do when you come up with a stupid idea? What is the matter with you,?
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
peter the naked fisherman ....?
That part must have gotten you really excited, right Phallics?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181163 Jun 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Head...
Just can't get penis off your mind, can you Phallics. Do your spread Penis Butter on your pee pee and let the neighbor's dog lick it off? Choosy perverts chose JIF.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#181164 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I knew about that verse. I'm not sure that unschooled means illiterate. Most ordinary were literate because they had to learn how to read the scriptures of Judaism. I took that to mean that they weren't scholars, they were just ordinary, rather than literally meaning illiterate. How could they make the judgement that they were illiterate without first asking them to read from a book? Think about it. Once again, you just didn't get the meaning.

http://biblehub.com/acts/4-13.htm
"Unlearned and ignorant men. The term unlearned (&#7936;&#947;&#96 1;&#8049;&#956;&#9 56;&#945;&#964;&#9 59;&#962;) means that they had no "knowledge of Jewish culture" beyond the Scriptures. Ignorant men was a technical term for those who had not studied in rabbinic schools. The word hediot occurs frequently in the Talmud (Farrar's 'Life of St. Paul,' vol. 1. p. 106). They took knowledge, etc. Annas and Caiaphas or some of their people, it is likely, had seen them in the high priest's palace"
No, you had never read that verse on the two unschooled men, Peter and John. If you ever had, you would not have asked.

We do not need Christian source to discuss the meaning of English words.

Unschooled simply means not educated or untrained. So, both men were not educated. They were illiterate.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181165 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Evyonim means gifts.
You really are a MORON!

You have proved to us that you don't know the difference between...tzedakah or matanot!

Your FALSE claims are consistent with your illness!!

You are the certainly a trillion light years behind Shamma!!

You also can't work out what "wretched" means you poor..poor..member of evyonim (pun intended!!)
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181166 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know for sure whether he was literate or not, but ordinary Jews were literate because they had to know how to read the scriptures. But either way, that verse is not commenting on whether they could read or not. They were speaking to people with authority, but there speech was very plain and ordinary, unlike someone who went to Rabbinical school. That's all that it meant. They weren't having someone else read scriptures for them when they talked in front of these people, they were merely talking to them, so the comment can't be referring to their literacy. Are we now going to repeat this over and over and over again like you always like to do when you come up with a stupid idea? What is the matter with you,?
<quoted text>
That part must have gotten you really excited, right Phallics?
Compared with you he CERTAINLY was literate.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181167 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Just can't get penis off your mind, can you Phallics. Do your spread Penis Butter on your pee pee and let the neighbor's dog lick it off? Choosy perverts chose JIF.
Richard Head!
Here is yet another cockup by you..........
Have you NO shame?
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Evyonim means gifts.
You really are a MORON!

You have proved to us that you don't know the difference between...tzedakah or matanot!

Your FALSE claims are consistent with your illness!!

You are the certainly a trillion light years behind Shamma!!

You also can't work out what "wretched" means you poor..poor..member of evyonim (pun intended!!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug 14 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug 7 Trump Rules Zippy 9
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul '17 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul '17 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun '17 just sayin 3
More from around the web