Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the Aug 24, 2007, The Brussels Journal story titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#180515 Jun 20, 2013
The Arabic pedophile terrorist called Mohammed,(Curse be upon him), was right about two things:

#1. Allah's name is "The Great Deceiver"!

#2. The Kabah was built over a talking snake!

We Christians KNOW who that snake is and who the "Great Deceiver" is!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180516 Jun 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The Peshitta reads, "Thy people shall be glorious in the day of thy power; arrayed in the beauty of holiness from the womb, I have begotten thee as a child from the ages." (George M. Lamsa translation). The Vulgate for the Greek psalms reads, "ex utero ante luciferum genui te" (Psalm 109:3). The only modern Bible I have come across with anything like the old text is the New American Bible, "Yours is princely power from the day of your birth. In holy splendor before the daystar, like the dew I begot you."
This Psalm speaks of the Messiah, because Jesus Himself so applied it. Matthew Henry says of Psalm 110, "This psalm is pure gospel; concerning Christ, the Messiah promised to the fathers and expected by them." So if you had asked the Greek-speaking churchmen assembled at Nicaea for a proof-text on "begotten of the Father before all worlds", they'd have supplied Psalm 110:3.
One of the blessings of the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls has been renewed respect for the Septuagint. For centuries disrespected as a wildly non-literal,'free' rendition of a Hebrew text not much different from the modern Masoretic text, it's now realized to have been a literal translation of a older Hebrew text differing from that of the Masoretes. Thus, some of the 'stranded' New Testament citations of Old Testament verses one unhappily finds in the KJV translation, based on the Masoretic Hebrew, are starting to creep their way back into the Old Testament of modern Bibles, where the New Testament authors thought they belonged all along. Try to find the Old Testament verse the author of Hebrews is citing in Hebrews 1:6: "And let all the angels of God worship him" -- you'll not find it in the KJV, it's 'stranded'. It's Deuteronomy 32:43 in the Septuagint: "Rejoice, ye heavens, with him, and let all the angels of God worship him; rejoice ye Gentiles, with his people, and let all the sons of God strengthen themselves in him..." (Brenton Septuagint); but it's found its way back, albeit in debased form, into the NRSV and NEB. While usually the newer versions bring nothing good, only loss and defacement, one can always hope. Might one day this explicit statement that God the Father begot the Messiah before the morning star find its way home, too.
Can you at least link where you are getting all of these long copy and pastes from? Thank you. Seems like all you do is long copy and paste and then short insults of your own with blanket statements like "you are wrong" and "you are going to hell". Do you have any real thoughts of your own on these issues besides "Muslims are going to hell"?

Have you ever thought any thoughts of your own that aren't actually from your Mom and Dad, your favorite teacher, your favorite preacher etc....? I'll bet if I could research what these people have told you or how they think, we can find that almost all of what are supposed to be your own thoughts, are actually THEIR thoughts, not yours. That's a pretty astounding revelation when one finally sees that. It was astounding to me when I first realized that this thing that I think is me, is actually nothing but a combination of the thoughts of OTHERS that I respect or follow for whatever reason. It wasn't until I realized this that I was actually able to think and create my OWN thoughts. I think that everybody has the spirit hidden inside of them, and everybody is supposed to awaken this spirit and become their own unique version of Jesus, given their own unique abilities and circumstances. You don't copy Jesus. Jesus was Jesus, you are you. You become your own unique version. I think that everybody is supposed to read and study and ponder the scriptures for themselves as much as their leaders do and come to their own conclusions, rather than the conclusion of others. Why do you think that God made everybody unique?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#180517 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you quote Deuteronomy 18:15?
Deuteronomy 18:15
New International Version (NIV)

15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180518 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now you remember the PBUH. Phony.
Hey nutcase MPD:
BJ is NOT pbuh.
Get it?
Now shut up.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180519 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
1. "I am God in flesh"
John 14:8-9. But I have also explained that my interpretation of this is that he is God in the flesh because everything he did was God doing it through him and he had no will of his own and therefore everything that he did was God doing it in the flesh form of Jesus. You already saw my longer explanation of this.
2. "I am God!"
John 8:58-59
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
John 10:33-36
4. "I am God in person"
This is a repeat of question 1
John 14:8-9
5. "I am God Incarnate"
This is a repeat of question 1 and 4
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"
Does not say that, and I have explained how Jesus can be God on earth, the Son of God also, and also how no one is greater than the Father. I have explained how all three statements can be seen as true from my angle.
7. "I am made of sin"
It says that Jesus became sin, not I am made of sin, which is not to be taken literally. He took all of the past sins and offered himself up as sin itself so that sins can be redeemed. It is symbolic, but also true.
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
I have explained many many many times before that the word "Trinity" is a term that was invented to describe a relationship that people saw between God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Some verses would say this is right, others may not, but my theory on this whole thing, which I have explained, allows for this and can explain this, even if the "exact" word was never used. The "exact" word "Christian" was never mentioned either. It is a word that non Christians people made up for followers of Christ. Nothing wrong with giving a group of people a title and nothing wrong with someone calling themselves that. Everything needs a word if you want to group people into titles.
Then there is Matthew 28:18 and Corinthians2 13:14. Nobody seemed to ask what the heck Paul was talking about when he said that, so the idea was around right from the beginning. He wouldn't have said what he said if his readers were totally unfamiliar with the idea. The only thing that Nicea did was to formalize what was already there for hundreds of years.
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
He said that in pieces in different places. That was very silly for you to ask for one long, run on sentence like that.
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
John 10:28 14:6 and other verses in those chapters. Jesus did not make long, run on sentences like you are asking that he should.
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
He did not say the cross, that is merely a symbol of something that Christians believe happened and the cross itself is NOT worshiped any more than Muslims worship merely ink on paper copies of the Quran. I see nothing wrong with it. Jesus didn't recommend any symbols at all and left that up to followers to do. He did not recommend against them either as long as the symbol itself is not worshiped.
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
Not specifically said, it is a conclusion drawn from many verses. Are people not allowed to draw conclusions? But it is actually not an iron clad requirement for one to believe that to be a Christian. They merely need to believe that Jesus was a physical form of God on earth and died for sins. Christians themselves debate the concept and all still remain Christians. Could be true, might not be. I have made no final decisions on that, nor do I need to.
Hello Lying coward MPD.
Do you know what synoptic Gospels mean?
I asked you to start with Mark, remember?
Your brain is like a sieve.
Now go back and get me Mark first...then Matt....then Luke .ok?
Get on with it, MORON.

Location hidden

#180520 Jun 20, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is interesting Susan. Arabic haya/t..and over to hawwa..although not mentioned by name in Quran.
It is interesting what KJV Genesis 3, says as man accuses the woman:
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.(MAN BLAMES THE WOMAN)
14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life (Why blame the serpent instead of the "creature" who took on the form of a serpent?):
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.(Woman the woman gets it in the neck!)
Written by male chauvinists?
The male chauvinist bible writers send a sinless man to die for the alleged sins caused by sinful woman!
Well done man, the great scape goat (sacrificial lamb) on behalf of sinful women!
Quran:7:23
They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost."
They take joint responsibility.
Quran often addresses men and woman.
Will be interesting to see similar recognition of women in "bible"
Jesus is the Son of God.
Root and Offspring
Jesus Christ is both the "root" and "offspring" of David:

“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”(Revelation 22:16).

"Offspring" as born in the flesh, "Root" as pre-existing.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180521 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you quote Deuteronomy 18:15?
Hey lying coward MPD schizo.

Try this for size instead of ducking and diving.
This is what we have been asking for ..
Did Jesus say any of these?
1. "I am God in flesh"
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
7. "I am made of sin"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)"

HEY LYING COWARD.....
If you can't find these exact words, why don't you find words giving the EXACT (remember "EXACT" challenge to rabbee?lol) meanings in the SYNOPTIC gospels starting with Mark.

We are all waiting you liar.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#180522 Jun 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Deuteronomy 18:15
New International Version (NIV)
15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.
If you want to show the Messiah in above, please correct the verse and re-write it as:

The Lord your God will raise up for you a messiah like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

And please correct this too: "The LORD said, I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him."

TO

"I will raise up for them a messiah like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him."

There is no talk about any Messiah in the Torah and God did not promise any messiah.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#180523 Jun 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Son of God.
Root and Offspring
Jesus Christ is both the "root" and "offspring" of David:
Thanks for telling us that David was the Father and God.

So, Jesus came from David's frozen semen?

Good night.

Location hidden

#180524 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you at least link where you are getting all of these long copy and pastes from? Thank you. Seems like all you do is long copy and paste and then short insults of your own with blanket statements like "you are wrong" and "you are going to hell". Do you have any real thoughts of your own on these issues besides "Muslims are going to hell"?
Have you ever thought any thoughts of your own that aren't actually from your Mom and Dad, your favorite teacher, your favorite preacher etc....? I'll bet if I could research what these people have told you or how they think, we can find that almost all of what are supposed to be your own thoughts, are actually THEIR thoughts, not yours. That's a pretty astounding revelation when one finally sees that. It was astounding to me when I first realized that this thing that I think is me, is actually nothing but a combination of the thoughts of OTHERS that I respect or follow for whatever reason. It wasn't until I realized this that I was actually able to think and create my OWN thoughts. I think that everybody has the spirit hidden inside of them, and everybody is supposed to awaken this spirit and become their own unique version of Jesus, given their own unique abilities and circumstances. You don't copy Jesus. Jesus was Jesus, you are you. You become your own unique version. I think that everybody is supposed to read and study and ponder the scriptures for themselves as much as their leaders do and come to their own conclusions, rather than the conclusion of others. Why do you think that God made everybody unique?
My post are my own thoughts expressed in a better way than I could explain from my own mind.
http://thriceholy.net/eternalson.html#Womb
source.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180525 Jun 20, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Lying coward MPD.
Do you know what synoptic Gospels mean?
I asked you to start with Mark, remember?
Your brain is like a sieve.
Now go back and get me Mark first...then Matt....then Luke .ok?
Get on with it, MORON.
If John was just people making up whatever they wanted to, don't you think they would have said things clearly the way YOU demand? So why didn't they, since they were just making all of this up to make Jesus look Divine? They could have easily just made up an instance where Jesus says "I am God in the flesh" to make their story convincing. So why didn't they? You don't think very much. If you want to get into Archeological aspects of John, then talk to Shamma. I think he did a really good job defending the legitimacy of John.

Anyway, your question did not specifically state which Gospels that you demand you answers from. But then again, they are all corrupted anyway, so why ask for anything from any of them? If a verse says what you want it to say, then that's the authentic verse, if a verse later in the chapter doesn't say what you want it to say, that's the unauthentic part. So you merely use the Gospels in a self serving way with no objectivity at all.

A few weeks ago, you asked where it said that they were supposed to preach to everyone rather than just the Jews. So I quoted to you from Mark where it said preach to all nations and you jumped all over Mark 9-20, but I also quoted the following from Luke and you had nothing to say about it.

Luke 24
45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them,“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

So you just pay attention to whatever you think suits your argument and ignore or call corrupted whatever doesn't. So there's no point in having any "objective" conversation with someone such as this. The objective thing would be to not even ask about scriptures when you think they are all corrupted anyway. So the entire discussion is nothing but nonsense. Here is the definition for objective, because I know you are not even familiar with that word, let alone practice it in analysis.

ob·jec·tive
/&#601;b&#712;jektiv/
Adjective
(of a person or their judgment) Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180526 Jun 20, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is interesting Susan. Arabic haya/t..and over to hawwa..although not mentioned by name in Quran.
It is interesting what KJV Genesis 3, says as man accuses the woman:
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.(MAN BLAMES THE WOMAN)
14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life (Why blame the serpent instead of the "creature" who took on the form of a serpent?):
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.(Woman the woman gets it in the neck!)
Written by male chauvinists?
The male chauvinist bible writers send a sinless man to die for the alleged sins caused by sinful woman!
Well done man, the great scape goat (sacrificial lamb) on behalf of sinful women!
Quran:7:23
They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost."
They take joint responsibility.
Quran often addresses men and woman.
Will be interesting to see similar recognition of women in "bible"
Adam was the serpent. It was a part of his anatomy. What they did was a sexual act (oral sodomy) Adam talked her into it. The curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Her "desire" was in part a sexual desire. We blame the victim.

Location hidden

#180527 Jun 20, 2013
Answering Islam.
Source
http://thriceholy.net/islamf.html
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180528 Jun 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to show the Messiah in above, please correct the verse and re-write it as:
The Lord your God will raise up for you a messiah like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.
And please correct this too: "The LORD said, I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him."
TO
"I will raise up for them a messiah like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him."
There is no talk about any Messiah in the Torah and God did not promise any messiah.
And add reference Deuteronomy 17:15 so that we get a better idea of who "among your brothers" means.
14 When thou art come unto the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me; 15 thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the Lord thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.

15 The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180529 Jun 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Adam was the serpent. It was a part of his anatomy. What they did was a sexual act (oral sodomy) Adam talked her into it. The curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Her "desire" was in part a sexual desire. We blame the victim.
Verses please? Your bedroom when you were younger is not the Garden of Eden.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180530 Jun 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
TO
Actually bmz, the Messiah is promised in the Torah as early as Genesis 3:15. The seed of Eve would literally crush the head of the serpent (Adam). There are a lot of scriptures saying that God will come in the latter days and live on earth. That is the purpose of the Temple. It has always been Gods intent to live amongst us.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180531 Jun 20, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
The Arabic pedophile terrorist called Mohammed,(Curse be upon him), was right about two things:
#1. Allah's name is "The Great Deceiver"!
#2. The Kabah was built over a talking snake!
We Christians KNOW who that snake is and who the "Great Deceiver" is!
Who is the snake and the great deceiver?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180532 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Verses please? Your bedroom when you were younger is not the Garden of Eden.
Genesis 3:12-19.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180533 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
If John was just people making up whatever they wanted to, don't you think they would have said things clearly the way YOU demand? So why didn't they, since they were just making all of this up to make Jesus look Divine? They could have easily just made up an instance where Jesus says "I am God in the flesh" to make their story convincing. So why didn't they? You don't think very much. If you want to get into Archeological aspects of John, then talk to Shamma. I think he did a really good job defending the legitimacy of John.
Anyway, your question did not specifically state which Gospels that you demand you answers from. But then again, they are all corrupted anyway, so why ask for anything from any of them? If a verse says what you want it to say, then that's the authentic verse, if a verse later in the chapter doesn't say what you want it to say, that's the unauthentic part. So you merely use the Gospels in a self serving way with no objectivity at all.
A few weeks ago, you asked where it said that they were supposed to preach to everyone rather than just the Jews. So I quoted to you from Mark where it said preach to all nations and you jumped all over Mark 9-20, but I also quoted the following from Luke and you had nothing to say about it.
Luke 24
45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them,“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
So you just pay attention to whatever you think suits your argument and ignore or call corrupted whatever doesn't. So there's no point in having any "objective" conversation with someone such as this. The objective thing would be to not even ask about scriptures when you think they are all corrupted anyway. So the entire discussion is nothing but nonsense. Here is the definition for objective, because I know you are not even familiar with that word, let alone practice it in analysis.
ob·jec·tive
/&#601;b&#712;jektiv/
Adjective
(of a person or their judgment) Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
Hey slipppery customer!
We know you have MPD and you only believe in your own reality/delusion.
NOW TRY AGAIN...
Answer EACH question using the synoptic gospels STARTING with MARK

This is what we have been asking for ..
Did Jesus say any of these?
1. "I am God in flesh"
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
7. "I am made of sin"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)"

HEY LYING COWARD.....
If you can't find these exact words, why don't you find words giving the EXACT (remember "EXACT" challenge to rabbee?lol) meanings in the SYNOPTIC gospels STARTING with MARK.

We are all waiting you liar.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180534 Jun 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Adam was the serpent. It was a part of his anatomy. What they did was a sexual act (oral sodomy) Adam talked her into it. The curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Her "desire" was in part a sexual desire. We blame the victim.
The Serpent and the two apples seem to represent sex organs.
Similarly the NT has living tadpole water offer to a lonely woman's mouth by BJ the latter day Adam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr thetruth 14,610
Coincidence or some kind of sign? Fri ChristySoy 1
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr 3 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr 1 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar '15 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
News Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb '15 Hammer 4
More from around the web