Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256018 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#180527 Jun 20, 2013
Answering Islam.
Source
http://thriceholy.net/islamf.html
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180528 Jun 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to show the Messiah in above, please correct the verse and re-write it as:
The Lord your God will raise up for you a messiah like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.
And please correct this too: "The LORD said, I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him."
TO
"I will raise up for them a messiah like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him."
There is no talk about any Messiah in the Torah and God did not promise any messiah.
And add reference Deuteronomy 17:15 so that we get a better idea of who "among your brothers" means.
14 When thou art come unto the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me; 15 thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the Lord thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.

15 The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180529 Jun 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Adam was the serpent. It was a part of his anatomy. What they did was a sexual act (oral sodomy) Adam talked her into it. The curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Her "desire" was in part a sexual desire. We blame the victim.
Verses please? Your bedroom when you were younger is not the Garden of Eden.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180530 Jun 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to show the Messiah in above, please correct the verse and re-write it as:
The Lord your God will raise up for you a messiah like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.
And please correct this too: "The LORD said, I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him."
TO
"I will raise up for them a messiah like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him."
There is no talk about any Messiah in the Torah and God did not promise any messiah.
Actually bmz, the Messiah is promised in the Torah as early as Genesis 3:15. The seed of Eve would literally crush the head of the serpent (Adam). There are a lot of scriptures saying that God will come in the latter days and live on earth. That is the purpose of the Temple. It has always been Gods intent to live amongst us.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180531 Jun 20, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
The Arabic pedophile terrorist called Mohammed,(Curse be upon him), was right about two things:
#1. Allah's name is "The Great Deceiver"!
#2. The Kabah was built over a talking snake!
We Christians KNOW who that snake is and who the "Great Deceiver" is!
Who is the snake and the great deceiver?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180532 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 3:12-19.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180533 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
If John was just people making up whatever they wanted to, don't you think they would have said things clearly the way YOU demand? So why didn't they, since they were just making all of this up to make Jesus look Divine? They could have easily just made up an instance where Jesus says "I am God in the flesh" to make their story convincing. So why didn't they? You don't think very much. If you want to get into Archeological aspects of John, then talk to Shamma. I think he did a really good job defending the legitimacy of John.
Anyway, your question did not specifically state which Gospels that you demand you answers from. But then again, they are all corrupted anyway, so why ask for anything from any of them? If a verse says what you want it to say, then that's the authentic verse, if a verse later in the chapter doesn't say what you want it to say, that's the unauthentic part. So you merely use the Gospels in a self serving way with no objectivity at all.
A few weeks ago, you asked where it said that they were supposed to preach to everyone rather than just the Jews. So I quoted to you from Mark where it said preach to all nations and you jumped all over Mark 9-20, but I also quoted the following from Luke and you had nothing to say about it.
Luke 24
45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them,“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
So you just pay attention to whatever you think suits your argument and ignore or call corrupted whatever doesn't. So there's no point in having any "objective" conversation with someone such as this. The objective thing would be to not even ask about scriptures when you think they are all corrupted anyway. So the entire discussion is nothing but nonsense. Here is the definition for objective, because I know you are not even familiar with that word, let alone practice it in analysis.
ob·jec·tive
/&#601;b&#712;jektiv/
Adjective
(of a person or their judgment) Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
Hey slipppery customer!
We know you have MPD and you only believe in your own reality/delusion.
NOW TRY AGAIN...
Answer EACH question using the synoptic gospels STARTING with MARK

This is what we have been asking for ..
Did Jesus say any of these?
1. "I am God in flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"
7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)"

HEY LYING COWARD.....
If you can't find these exact words, why don't you find words giving the EXACT (remember "EXACT" challenge to rabbee?lol) meanings in the SYNOPTIC gospels STARTING with MARK.

We are all waiting you liar.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180534 Jun 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Adam was the serpent. It was a part of his anatomy. What they did was a sexual act (oral sodomy) Adam talked her into it. The curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Her "desire" was in part a sexual desire. We blame the victim.
The Serpent and the two apples seem to represent sex organs.
Similarly the NT has living tadpole water offer to a lonely woman's mouth by BJ the latter day Adam.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180535 Jun 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, you should not remain in hiding, Rabbee. When will you reveal yourself to the world, Rabbee?
rabbee: already have been revealed, these message boards only reveals. the world does not, want to hear of it.

because i am not saying, what their alleged innocent virgin self-screwed ears want to hear. do you really think, this whole world wants to know how all wrong they still are?

do you really think they all want peace on earth, and good will to all men? when they have already proved, for about 5700 years they don't this time either. because that would involve, being true to G-D instead of the devils.

when all the religions that even began as true to G-D, can't wait to run away. and all those that began never true to G-D, just run further away. come on! this world is not interested, in TheTruth or TheWord of G-D. they are only interested, their lies as the only truth.

a while back, not sure if it was seeker, shamma, or someone like that. i even offered a debate in person, with their alleged jewish friend, and even told them to bring their rabbeem the more the merrier.

well where are they? when they all avoid, any such arrangement. i even offered and audience with the pope, when i knew the pope was not really interested.

how many people have even told, anyone else about me? hey! come look at the weird things, this guy is saying. even when i was, glowing like an arc-lamp with TheShecheenah? when they all lust for their being a lying devil to much, to be really interested in G-D.

all this world has ever proved, is that they don't care about G-D. and for a lot more than, just 2000 years. how can they love G-D, when they rather worship themselves, as jews, muslems, christians, russians, French, scientists?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180536 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
If John was just people making up whatever they wanted to, don't you think they would have said things clearly the way YOU demand? So why didn't they, since they were just making all of this up to make Jesus look Divine? They could have easily just made up an instance where Jesus says "I am God in the flesh" to make their story convincing. So why didn't they? You don't think very much. If you want to get into Archeological aspects of John, then talk to Shamma. I think he did a really good job defending the legitimacy of John......
The synoptics were written before John.
Let's stick to them.
I am not interested in John, for now, that was written by many Johns long after Jesus AND Paul the real "god".
If you know the sort of idiots who were around at that time yopu will also know that they tried hard to play with the books without trying to make it too obvious.
They were stupid and they failed.

About legitimacy of John, can you produce one piece of its original? If not why not?

Good lord, you don't even know why they did not write Jesus saying "I am God incarnate/in the flesh"?

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180537 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Anyway, your question did not specifically state which Gospels that you demand you answers from..........
dear deranged MPD LIAR!
I have repeatedly asked you to quote from the Synoptic gospels starting with MARK...MARK...MARK!!
Duh..........

1. "I am God in flesh"
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
7. "I am made of sin"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”

HEY LYING COWARD.....
If you can't find these exact words, why don't you find words giving the EXACT (remember "EXACT" challenge to rabbee?lol) meanings in the SYNOPTIC gospels starting with Mark.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180538 Jun 20, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Serpent and the two apples seem to represent sex organs.
Similarly the NT has living tadpole water offer to a lonely woman's mouth by BJ the latter day Adam.
Correct, the serpent is a sex organ and the apple symbolizes its' fruit. Jesus is also called the second or seed of Adam but he's not Satan. He's the spiritual son of Satan.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180539 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't. I'm finished asking you questions only to watch you tap dance around them and seemingly do everything BUT answer the actual questions you are asked.
<quoted text>
I do not recall you ever giving this to ME. And I requested it multiple times. If you have a better version, then I wanted to see it to see the differences between my version and yours. And I never even asked that the verses say certain exact words, I merely asked for them so that I could get some sort of idea as to where you could possibly be getting these ideas from, because I simply can't find all or most of what you claim in the Torah at all. I don't care about details of every little word or translation, I was merely looking for a general basis from the Torah for many of your ideas because I cannot find them at all. And I said before, if you merely want to say that this is what God is telling you, then fine. But don't represent these things as coming from the Torah scriptures when they are not. Adam and Eve had no mother, biological or not, and not even a surrogate mother that I can find anywhere even remotely mentioned in the Torah. Noah and his wife DID have a biological mother. Adam was the first human, and his wife was created from his side and she was the second human. And Noah was not the first human.
But don't worry about it anymore. I withdraw my requests and no longer care about the issue of whether you are a fraud or not. I am merely wasting my time with you at this point. One has to be smart enough to realize when they are wasting their time and simply walk away and forget about the issue.
If you want to convince someone that your claims are legitimate, go to this thread and this page and read post 1618.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TC3...
This guy thinks he is special, just like you do. So go set HIM straight and tell HIM you are the real deal and he is not. Who says there can't be three gods? Looks like there are. We have you, Susan, and this other guy Jake on that other thread. And all three claim to be the only person that knows the real truth and has a special connection to God. So who says there can't be three gods? We have them right here on this very forum. It's a miracle!!! Right here on Topix itself!!!
rabbee: well i am watching you tap dance, around what i have already given. but you are not my G-D, and i shall give to you, what you need to hear. not what you demand to hear, from your alleged as messiah.

your alleged as jesus, did not give what others demanded to hear. He did not appease, the fancy of the hypocrites, nor tickle their ears. He did now waste time, on those who refused to listen. nor did He repeat over and over, the same things they were deaf or blind to.

i have told you, there is a correct version available. and it is your assignment, to seek it. since you have already, rejected it from me. so if you did not have eyes nor ears, it is no longer my responsibility to give it to any of you.

you don't make demands of G-D or TheHisSon, to dance to your religious tunes. and even if i gave to you exact quotes as you asked, you can't read tetragrammen eevreet.

and you can make all, the fantasy claims you want to be true. but it is still not the way, it is happening, or has happened here in TheTorah again.

when the san hedreen demanded, a miracle from jesus what did He say or do? did they even demand of Him, to quote the exact scripture for everything THEY said? why not?

and i keep telling you, none of this is my version. and you insist, that you know your grandfather adam's life story better than he actually does. while i am the one, living it again. when you have never walked, in adam's sandals for even a real instant.

G-D does not bow, to your every request and neither does TheHisSon. no matter how much you only think, your subtle beast is my boss. it is not for anyone who is expected to bow to G-D, to expect G-D to bow to their demands.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180540 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have explained many many many times before that the word "Trinity" is a term that was invented to describe a relationship that people saw between God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Some verses would say this is right, others may not, but my theory on this whole thing, which I have explained, allows for this and can explain this, even if the "exact" word was never used. The "exact" word "Christian" was never mentioned either. It is a word that non Christians people made up for followers of Christ. Nothing wrong with giving a group of people a title and nothing wrong with someone calling themselves that. Everything needs a word if you want to group people into titles.
Then there is Matthew 28:18..
8. You have mentioned Matt 28:18 or did you mean 19?

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

And you should know that the Christian Bible commentary cross references it to Mark 16:14-18 or even 16:9-20...chicken or egg,eh? Matt copied from Mark or Mark copied form Matt? My money is on Matt copying from Mark.

This is what is accepted by way of commentary to Mark 16:9-20
The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Verse 8 ends with the women fleeing from the empty tomb, and saying "nothing to anyone, because they were afraid." Many scholars take 16:8 as the original ending and believe the longer ending (16:9-20) was written later by someone else as a summary of Jesus' resurrection appearances and several miracles performed by Christians. In this 12-verse passage, the author refers to Jesus' appearances to Mary Magdalene, two disciples, and then the Eleven (the Twelve Apostles minus Judas). The text concludes with the Great Commission, declaring that believers that have been baptized will be saved while nonbelievers will be condemned, and pictures Jesus taken to Heaven and sitting at the Right Hand of God.

Most scholars, following the approach of the textual critic Bruce Metzger, hold the view that verses 9-20 were not part of the original text. Textual critics have identified two distinct endings—the "Longer Ending" (vv. 9-20) and the "Shorter Ending," which appear together in six Greek manuscripts, and in dozens of Ethiopic copies.

In one Latin manuscript from c. 430, the "Shorter Ending" appears without the "Longer Ending." In this Latin copy (Codex Bobbiensis, "k"), the text of Mark 16 is anomalous: it contains an interpolation between 16:3 and 16:4 which appears to present Christ's ascension occurring at that point; it omits the last part of 16:8, and it contains some strange errors in its presentation of the "Shorter Ending." Other irregularities in Codex Bobbiensis lead to the conclusion that it was produced by a copyist (probably in Egypt) who was unfamiliar with the material he was copying.
Alex123 WMi

London, UK

#180541 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not say the cross, that is merely a symbol of something that Christians believe happened and the cross itself is NOT worshiped any more than Muslims worship merely ink on paper copies of the Quran. I see nothing wrong with it. Jesus didn't recommend any symbols at all and left that up to followers to do. He did not recommend against them either as long as the symbol itself is not worshiped.

Not specifically said, it is a conclusion drawn from many verses. Are people not allowed to draw conclusions? But it is actually not an iron clad requirement for one to believe that to be a Christian. They merely need to believe that Jesus was a physical form of God on earth and died for sins. Christians themselves debate the concept and all still remain Christians. Could be true, might not be. I have made no final decisions on that, nor do I need to.
11. Muslims worship ink on paper? What are you on?
We do NOT worship the Quran you nutcase.
Jesus did NOT leave anything up to the followers as you suggest. BJ abandoned everything so that liars could make up stories.
Jesus PBUH, would NEVER have told his disciples to worship objects.
Just bear in mind..Jesus PBUH was just a man of God and NOT God of man.

12. You can draw any conclusion. Based on what rabbee writes, in the absence of real evidence to the contrary, even he can be "god"!

Jesus did not say that he was physical form of God when he has given ample verses in the synoptic gospels that make it clear that God is above Jesus and everything else created.
Jesus did not make it clear at all that he died for the sins of gentiles. BJ avoided the gentiles and saw them as beneath him.
How can you make 3 things equal when sonnie god died while the ghostie god and daddie god cannot die?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180542 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Oh and rabbee, I missed telling you about what Jake wrote on post 1619 of that page.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TC3...
"You will not need a book to follow my ways and I can perform miracles all day every day once your faith and trust is in me and not with my enemies. I have written many things but none of which do any of you preach or teach."
So go tell HIM why YOU are the real deal, don't tell ME. I make no such claims about myself. Apparently he thinks that HE is the REAL deal, so you can't be the real deal if he is. So one of you must be wrong. But maybe even both of you are wrong, but both of you CANNOT be right because you claims conflict each other.
rabbee: i do not go to anyone, that is expected to come to me. you do not get it, you are still not my boss. you do not, make demands of me. nor do i perform, miracles on demand.

miracles do not happen, around me on demand. they happen when they, are not expected or demanded. i do not conflict with anyone, who conflicts with me. but my bets would be in this instance, more with david copperfield rather than the fake jake.

but one thing for sure, you nor jake have been right yet according to G-D. and if my being here, in TheTorah is not enough of a miracle for you. then may i suggest, that no amount of other miracles shall suffice.

i know that none of you, were expecting the return of adam and your grandmother. because you don't believe, your all still here in TheTorah from G-D. and that the future of your grandchildren, look pretty ominously bleak at this moment. when the flood of disbelief, finally meets the physical flood for your disbelief.
Alex123 WMi

London, UK

#180543 Jun 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello MPD, while you slip and slide with johnnie...let's analyse what you have done so far against my questions:

I repeatedly asked you to quote from the Synoptic gospels starting with MARK...MARK...MARK!!

1. "I am God in flesh"
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
7. "I am made of sin"

NOTHING CONVINCING FROM MARK SO FAR.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180544 Jun 20, 2013
don't know where, any of you get the false delusional idea from. that adam can do anything that is not here in The-His-Life Story as told by G-D here in TheTorah.

i am always adam, doing what G-D has already commanded of me, in this world again forever untrue to THEM. there is no way, i cannot do as commanded by G-D.

it is not my story, it's G-D'S The-Story. what i do is based on what, the woman does, or does not do.

and what she does, is based on what all of you, do or do not do. you are all involved, in helping to deceive your grandmother. otherwise, it would not keep on, happening to us this exact same precise way again.
Alex123 WMi

London, UK

#180545 Jun 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Answering Islam.
Source
http://thricehilly.net/islamf.html
Where is daughter of God in this male dominated NT world of bull?

Where is John 3.16-18b?
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only daughter, that whoever believes in her shall not perish but have eternal life.

17 For God did not send his daughter into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through her.

18 Whoever believes in her is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Daughter.
Alex123 WMi

London, UK

#180546 Jun 20, 2013
“And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.”(Matthew 23:9)
(shhhh...I am the father in heaven who is playing tricks with you!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
Need info Oct '16 Fraidy Cat 2
More from around the web