Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252950 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#180113 Jun 16, 2013
@ Shamma

Hello, Son of Man

If you have any further questions, please ask and yours truly, the Son of Man will surely answer.

In the above sentence, I am the Son of Man.
bmz

Singapore

#180114 Jun 16, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Which proves that you are incapable of deep thought.
Please think hard and deep. I gave very good reasons.
bmz

Singapore

#180115 Jun 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
In Christian theology it describes the relationship of two persons of the triune God.
It expresses an intimate relationship between two persons: God the Father, and God the Son - Jesus the Messiah.
Here are several scriptures illustrating this facet of their relationship:
John 17:5 - "And now Father, glorify me in Your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."
Here Jesus stated that He was with the Father before the world began.
Colossians 1:13-20 "For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead so that in everything He might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him and through him to reconcile to himself all things whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."
Here, we see the term "Son of God", brought to light: "the image of the invisible God".
Hebrews 1:1-3 "In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son whom He appointed heir of all things and through whom He made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."
Again, we see the relationship between the Father and the Son disclosed, "the exact representation of His being".
John 1:1-3, 10, 14, 18 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him, nothing was made that has been made......(10) He was in the world and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him....(14) The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father full of grace and truth......(18) No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side has made Him known."
John 14:8, 10 "Don't you know me Phillip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?"
Jesus plainly told Phillip, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father".
From these verses we see that in Christ, the invisible God is revealed. Jesus was with the Father before the world began. Christ, as God the Son, is the Creator of all things.
Edited your useless junk and stuff a little for brevity.

We have already dismissed "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." as a 15th Century forgery, which has now become a fasle truth in Christendom.

And we have also quoted from John Wycliffe's first translation in English in the later part of the 14th Century, which can be read here:

"CAP 1

1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.

2 This was in the bigynnyng at God.

3 Alle thingis weren maad bi hym, and withouten hym was maad no thing, that thing that was maad.

4 In hym was lijf, and the lijf was the liyt of men; and the liyt schyneth in derknessis,

5 and derknessis comprehendiden not it. "

It is all about God. No Jesus and no Word in there.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#180116 Jun 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are dumb like your prophet Muhammad.
All Beings have the Spirit substance of God in them.
It is the Spirit of God that gives life to the spirit and soul of man.
We are made in the Spirit image of God by the Spirit of God.
We all have the spirit substance of God in us that sustains our human life.
You Muslims are dumb bells.
You all deserve to go to hell for being so stupid.
Every human has a soul and no one knows exactly what it is.

In Quran it is said "Soul (or spirit) is a command of God and you have been given little knowledge about it".

Holy Spirit on the other hand is a very specific identity, which has been told in Quran to perform certain commands from God.

So do not be confused and put your own logic into it.

That is where you bring Paul's logic into Quran.

You are confused as usual and try to muddle the clear Quranic message also.

No creation of God has any "part" of God into them. Creator and Creations are separate from each other.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#180117 Jun 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
This is nothing but a pile of loose horse shit. Insane and deranged men came up with all that nonsense and incoherence.
Look at the bullshit you wrote: "and so Christ was before Abraham was in being, the everlasting I am, the eternal God,"
If Jesus were the everlasting God, then there was no need for a stupid Son. I can't accept the above hocus pocus. It is bull shit.
Tell me how any sensible person can accept all the rubbish and garbage written about Jesus?
You need to wake up Muslim!
Your pagan jinn devil moon god is not a real God.
Jesus before the world existed was concerned in the creation of the world and knew you even before Adam was created out of the dust of the earth.

God the Father choose to reveal him self to us through His eternal Spirit Son Jesus Christ.

You are without reason of the mind.
If God only wanted worship of Him He would have just continued to create angels,
But God wanted to have a relationship with man along with worship of Him by out of mans own love for God.

You are an Muslim intellectual moron.
You keep trying to shove Muhammad's non-existence pagan moon god bull-shit.

You have the mind Muslim of a wolf savage dog.

God never said to anyone not to not take Jews and Christians as friends.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180118 Jun 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
In Quran it is said "Soul (or spirit) is a command of God and you have been given little knowledge about it".
Holy Spirit on the other hand is a very specific identity, which has been told in Quran to perform certain commands from God.
No creation of God has any "part" of God into them. Creator and Creations are separate from each other.
rabbee: well the quran is not, the word of G-D. only TheTorah, is TheWord of G-D. everything else is the words of fallible men, or from subtle talking critters of the fields. and i do not trust Paools editor, any more than i don't trust yours.

Location hidden

#180119 Jun 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another pile of Horse Shit covered with Bull Shit!
Jesus never called himself the Son of God. How dare you lie?
Every time it was suggested to him if he were the Son of God, he did not acknowledge. The best testimony comes from Satan.
Satan asked him twice, "if you are the son of God........." but Jesus never said, "Yes, my dear Satan, I am!"
When the high priest was alleged to have asked, "Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.",
he did not confirm that he was the Son of God. Instead he used the term 'Son of Man", which simply means man. In other words he was telling them that tehy will see the man coming back.
You are the Son of man. I am the Son of Man. Son of Man does NOT mean Son of God.
And that silly question "Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.", is so absurd that no one can believe a high priest to add "the son of God" to the word Messiah.
That is why we keep asking you questions such as "Where and when did Jesus say that he was this and that.
You have the mind set Muslim of a wild savage dog.
You are blind to the teachings of Jesus Christ.

John 10:30-33, What made the Jews want to kill Jesus?

"I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
32Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?"
33The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God," (John 10:30-33)

What was it that Jesus had said or done that caused the Jews to say that He was claiming to be God? Was it "I and the Father are one"?

If so, why would that cause the Jews to want to kill Jesus? Perhaps it was something else. Maybe it was something Jesus said elsewhere that made them so angry.

There are only two places in John where the Jews wanted to kill Jesus with stones. Both of these occur after Jesus spoke and made a claim about Himself. The first was in John 8:58-59 and the second was in John 10:30-33.

Here is the context of both verses:
1.John 8:56-59 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." 57The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" 58Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." 59Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple."

2.John 10:27-36, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.

29"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30"I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him.

32Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." 34Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law,'I said, you are gods'?

35"If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world,'You are blaspheming,' because I said,'I am the Son of God'?"
bmz

Singapore

#180120 Jun 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus before the world existed was concerned in the creation of the world and knew you even before Adam was created out of the dust of the earth.
God the Father choose to reveal him self to us through His eternal Spirit Son Jesus Christ.
If God only wanted worship of Him He would have just continued to create angels,
But God wanted to have a relationship with man along with worship of Him by out of mans own love for God.
Off-topic again. The problem with a Christian polemicist and a presbyter is that he can never refute what we present. You did that again.

Now, can you please address what I wrote? Here, I go again:

Shamma,

This is nothing but a pile of loose horse shit. Insane and deranged men came up with all that nonsense and incoherence.

Look at the bullshit you wrote: "and so Christ was before Abraham was in being, the everlasting I am, the eternal God,"

If Jesus were the everlasting God, then there was no need for a stupid Son. I can't accept the above hocus pocus. It is bull shit.

Tell me how any sensible person can accept all the rubbish and garbage written about Jesus?
bmz

Singapore

#180121 Jun 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text> You have the mind set Muslim of a wild savage dog.
You are blind to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
John 10:30-33, What made the Jews want to kill Jesus?
"I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
32Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?"
33The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God," (John 10:30-33)
What was it that Jesus had said or done that caused the Jews to say that He was claiming to be God? Was it "I and the Father are one"?
If so, why would that cause the Jews to want to kill Jesus? Perhaps it was something else. Maybe it was something Jesus said elsewhere that made them so angry.
There are only two places in John where the Jews wanted to kill Jesus with stones. Both of these occur after Jesus spoke and made a claim about Himself. The first was in John 8:58-59 and the second was in John 10:30-33.
Here is the context of both verses:
1.John 8:56-59 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." 57The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" 58Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." 59Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple."
2.John 10:27-36, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.
29"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30"I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
32Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." 34Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law,'I said, you are gods'?
35"If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world,'You are blaspheming,' because I said,'I am the Son of God'?"
Please do not quote us irrelevant junk and stuff written by many Johns. The Jews are shown in the gospels as stupid and stone throwers by the Church, which directed the forgeries.

I and the Father are one what? OR the Father and I are one what?

Did he say, "The Father and I are one God"?
bmz

Singapore

#180122 Jun 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Shamma,

That Jesus before the world existed was concerned in the creation of the world and knew you even before Adam was created out of the dust of the earth, is really bull shit.

Jesus was nothing before he was born.

Yes, God told the Prophet through Qur'aan not to trust the Jews and Christians of that time.

The Jews and Christians of Mecca and Medinah, despite being believers in God, were sincere only to the pagans and they could not be trusted. Both were trouble-makers and hypocrites.

That was a good advice from God. It still works. You can see that Iw ill never trust a Christian like you because you can never be sincere to any Muslim.

You are a God-damn bigot. How to trust you?
bmz

Singapore

#180123 Jun 16, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The twelve sheep abandoned Jesus, fled, went into hiding, died and perished. They died in vain waiting for him to coem back within their life time.

Paul snatched Peter. Satan snatched Judas, Thomas and Philip.
JOEL

India

#180124 Jun 16, 2013
RELIGION with its nonsensical teachings of extra-cosmic god, creation from nothing and fanaticism and mindl.ess rituals has been debunked by 3 fundamental scientific discoveries:

1) The principle of conservation of energy/matter.

2) The law of causation.

3) The science of genetics.

Add consciousness as an inherent factor in the energy-matter field and you get a complete and self-existent picture of the reality that explains the question of origins and every facet of universal and individual existence.

Religion is for retards.
JOEL

India

#180125 Jun 16, 2013
The prophets can fu-ck themselves. Filthy, braindead, fanatical bastards. LOL.
bmz

Singapore

#180126 Jun 16, 2013
JOEL wrote:
RELIGION with its nonsensical teachings of extra-cosmic god, creation from nothing and fanaticism and mindl.ess rituals has been debunked by 3 fundamental scientific discoveries:
1) The principle of conservation of energy/matter.
2) The law of causation.
3) The science of genetics.
Add consciousness as an inherent factor in the energy-matter field and you get a complete and self-existent picture of the reality that explains the question of origins and every facet of universal and individual existence.
Religion is for retards.
Welcome back, Bozo

Where have you been?

Location hidden

#180127 Jun 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant MUQ because you worship a false god that is void of knowledge of what it is , as being the pagan moon god called Allah by Muhammad.

God explains in scripture that the substance of God is Spirit.

Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, will you worship the Father. You worship that which you don't know. We worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews. But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to be his worshippers. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:21-24 (WEB)

Thus, Jesus answer to the question in what place God should be worshipped was not a physical place at all (1). Rather, it was a spiritual place or condition - in spirit and in truth. Further, the reason God seeks to be worshipped not in a physical temple but in spirit is that God is spirit. This defines God's substance.

Genesis 2:7 &#9658;

New International Version (©2011)
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

John 6:63 &#9658;

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

You have to think with your brain instead of letting Muhammad think for you.

1. The substance of God is Spirit.
2. The Spirit of God gives life to all creation.
3. God breathed into Adam the breath of life.
4. The breath of life is the spirit substance of God that gives life to all creation.
5. Man is both a spirit substance of God [our spirit] that lives on eternally, and flesh and bones that return to dust.

Since our spirit is of the same substance of the the Spirit of God we are required by God to be holy unto God.
JOEL

India

#180128 Jun 16, 2013
I've been polishing my balls, BMZ. LOL.
JOEL

India

#180129 Jun 16, 2013
MUQ, the retard and fanatic, says that no one knows what soul is and ironically he still believes in this entity called soul simply because the quran says so. Anything that cannot be defined does not exist. Anything definable should be defined in terms of consciousness, energy and matter besides which nothing else exists. Words liike spirit, life-force, mind, supermind and so on should be defined in terms of the various strata and interactions of consciousness, energy and matter.
JOEL

India

#180130 Jun 16, 2013
Busy studying. Bye.

Location hidden

#180131 Jun 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
Because of Muhammad's misunderstanding, Islam places limits on God's power.
In view of this, a Christian writer commented that "to assert that God has no Son because He has no wife is like saying that God is not living because He does not draw breath." Daniel, "Islam and the West, p.182.

It is not that Muhammad didn't understand how Jesus is Gods Son, Its that Muhammad was a power seeker.
He wanted his own kingdom and sought an empire of his own.

To the ignorant pagan Arabs that followed Muhammad money and wealth meant more to them then God could visibly offer to them by prayer and worship.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#180132 Jun 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are ignorant MUQ because you worship a false god that is void of knowledge of what it is , as being the pagan moon god called Allah by Muhammad.
God explains in scripture that the substance of God is Spirit.
Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, will you worship the Father. You worship that which you don't know. We worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews. But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to be his worshippers. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:21-24 (WEB)
Thus, Jesus answer to the question in what place God should be worshipped was not a physical place at all (1). Rather, it was a spiritual place or condition - in spirit and in truth. Further, the reason God seeks to be worshipped not in a physical temple but in spirit is that God is spirit. This defines God's substance.
Genesis 2:7 &#9658;
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
John 6:63 &#9658;
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.
You have to think with your brain instead of letting Muhammad think for you.
1. The substance of God is Spirit.
2. The Spirit of God gives life to all creation.
3. God breathed into Adam the breath of life.
4. The breath of life is the spirit substance of God that gives life to all creation.
5. Man is both a spirit substance of God [our spirit] that lives on eternally, and flesh and bones that return to dust.
Since our spirit is of the same substance of the the Spirit of God we are required by God to be holy unto God.
So according to you, every human has Spirit of God inside him or her?

Then why only Trinity? Why not Billionity?

Do you not realize what are consequences of your idiotic reasoning?

Using Bible literally is causing havoc in Christianity.

May be that was reason, very few prophets came into Western countries!! Because these people take every thing literally.

Now you have made every human into God!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr NightSerf 4,491
Astrology and Paganism 9 hr Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
More from around the web