Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,471)

Showing posts 169,401 - 169,420 of193,588
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The fire is very literal and is a symbol of holiness. The Messiah will set the world on fire. Judgment on humankind will be characterized by spontaneous combustion and will happen 3 times. First Gods' enemies, then the wicked and lastly the unbelievers. The last judgment is described by Zechariah 14:12 "Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth". Most people equate this with nuclear warfare but it refers to consumption by fire. Jesus will also burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18 "...I will bring you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold you".
How are you sure that this Zekaroya and these Ezekiel are really from God?

Just your assumptions or have you any proofs also?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of Miracles did you?
Does it not mentions By Allah's permission?
You are sure mad, by missing this in Quranic text.
You are just creating your hypothetical doubts and insinuate that Quran confirms them.
Trying to prove falsehood from Quran?
One of its feature is "No falsehood can approach it from front or from back"!!
Explain this verse:
SHAKIR: When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, ywhen I strengthened ou I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.

ywhen I strengthened ou I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission,

First of all MUQ. The text states: When I strengthened you I with the holy Spirit.

In that text Allah is saying that Allah is in partnership with the holy Spirit.
The word spirit is capitalized with a capital "S"
signifying two persons are involved in strengthening Jesus to speak from the cradle.
The baby Jesus could not talk on his own, so who did the talking?
Allah or the holy Spirit?

And secondly who is the holy spirit?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Believe me, I am not Adams' savior, I am his nemesis. Adam is my father and I am the second Eve. Not only was Eve Adams' wife, she was also his daughter. When Adam died and went to heaven, his name was changed to Satan. He is 78 years old and he knows he has but a short time, it's always darkest before the dawn. He will do anything in his power to stop the bible from being fulfilled. The only thing is, all he does is fulfill it.
rabbee: well the take a number and get in line, because i already have about 7billion of those. and i am not your father, i do not even have a daughter named susan.

and how the hell, can you be a second eve? when adam has not even dated, any woman by that name mythologically or susan other wise. and my first wife, has always been my our mother Merream. because sarah willingly ran off. and the woman chaooah, has always been one of my alleged chosen granddaughters. the woman chaooah has never been, one of my three daughters with our Mother Mereeam. so her name has ever been the myth name, lilith either.

nothing you say, can be validated, in either The-Written or Living Torah actually here in IT again. as if muslems, christian and jews, making their own not here in TheTorah stuff up is not enough.

i do not care what you're or anyone else's statistics say. the chances of any one of seven billion liars, being right even once is still zero.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Explain this verse:
SHAKIR: When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, ywhen I strengthened ou I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment."

First of all MUQ. The text states: When I strengthened you I with the holy Spirit.

signifying two persons are involved in strengthening Jesus to speak from the cradle.

Edited the verse for brevity.

THIS WAS ALREADY DONE. Here it is once again. No need to keep on asking.

Anyway, I write again to explain but please keep in mind that there is NO place for the so-called Holy Spirit of Christianity.

5:110 is talking about a future event, when Jesus and his mother will be raised along with all on the Day of Resurrection.

He will be told by God that God had blessed him, shown him favors by giving him knowledge and wisdom and made him perform miracles, which were carried out by the power or the force of God.

On his own he could do nothing. So, when he healed someone, it was God, who had healed that person, not Jesus himself.

Short and sweet, the message is: "I, the LORD, gave you knowledge and wisdom and without My power and force behind you, you could do nothing!"

To us, the words holy spirit simply means one granted with a noble spirit. So, the prophets and messengers of God were men, who were noble or holy. They were not spirits.

Bonus Note:

The Holy Spirit was created by the confused founding fathers of the Church and the Christianity in the later part of the 4th Century.

So, you can say that this Holy Spirit 'proceeded forth' from men.

The Arabic text does not refer to the Holy Spirit of Christianity. It simply means a holy spirit or a spirit of holiness.

Capitalization of S in translations means nothing to us. For example, I have a noble spirit or a holy spirit or a spirit of holiness. You do not have one. Jesus had a noble spirit or a a spirit of holiness.

Read translation by Georeg Sale, a Christian:

"When God will say,'O Jesus son of Mary, remember My favour upon thee and upon thy mother; When I strengthened thee with the spirit of holiness so that thou didst speak to the people in the cradle and when of middle age; and when I taught thee the Book and the wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and when thou didst fashion a creation out of clay, in the likeness of a bird, by My command; then thou didst breathe into it a new spirit and it became a soaring being by My command; and thou didst heal the night-blind and the leprous by My command; and when thou didst raise the dead by My command; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from putting thee to death when thou didst come to them with clear Signs; and those who disbelieved from among them said,'This is nothing but clear deception.' "

Now, to your question:

"The baby Jesus could not talk on his own, so who did the talking?"

Good question and the answer is the baby Jesus did the talking.

In order to understand this, you must refer to the donkey of Balaam, who talked! God made that donkey talk. Right? So, why could not God make the baby Jesus talk?

And who spoke? The donkey or the Holy Spirit?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Christ is the head of all christian churches.
You need to read this to understand the Pope's role as the Vicar of Christ.

To understand the role of the Pope today, let us first examine the Biblical foundations and historical development of the papal ministry. From that basis, we will be able to explain the Pope's role in the government of the Church and his teaching office.

1. Biblical

a. The Twelve Apostles:

At the beginning of his public life, Jesus Christ chose twelve men as his Apostles. He gave them the mission to proclaim the Kingdom of God and to heal (Lk. 9:2). They were the foundation of His Church

The Church is apostolic in a triple sense: She was built and remains on the foundation of the Apostles (Eph 2:20; Acts 21:14) the witnesses chosen and sent by Christ;. Secondly, she preserves and transmits the teaching of the Apostles and finally she continues to be taught, sanctified and directed by the Apostles, until the return of Christ, through the ministry of bishops, those who succeeded the Apostles in their pastoral responsibility.

The role of the Apostles as the witnesses of the Resurrection of Jesus and the foundation of His Church is unique and is not transmitted. However, Jesus promised to be with His Church until the end of time (Mt 28:20). The spread of the Gospel until the end of time was the divine mission entrusted to the Church. To ensure the faithful transmission of the apostolic witness, the Apostles instituted successors. These successors, the order of bishops, are the continuing presence of the pastoral ministry of the Apostles in the Church.

b. Peter:

Among the Twelve Apostles, Simon Peter holds the first place. Among the disciples of Christ, Peter is given the greatest prominence in the New Testament accounts of the Church's origins. Jesus gave to Peter a unique mission. Based on a revelation of God to Peter, Peter proclaimed that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Jesus then declared that Simon was Peter, the "Rock", and on this rock Jesus would build His Church which would prevail over the powers of Hell (Mt. 16:18). Peter received the mission to guard the integrity and purity of the faith in Jesus Christ, and to strengthen his brothers and sisters in that faith.

The authority conferred by Jesus on Peter is known as the "power of the keys" (Mt. 16:19). The government of the Church - that is, authority to absolve sins, to make doctrinal judgements and to make disciplinary decisions - was given to the Apostles in general. Peter alone was given the "power of the keys". Jesus also gave to Peter a specific pastoral ministry - "feed my sheep" (Jn 21:15-17). Thus, Peter was given a unique responsibility in church government and in pastoral ministry.

2. Dogmatic Development

a. Bishops:

Jesus Christ, in calling the Twelve, gave them the form of a "college", that is a stable group, and chose Peter from among them as their head. Just as Peter and the other Apostles form, by Christ's initiative, one apostolic college, so the Pope, as successor of Peter and Bishop of Rome, and the other bishops form one episcopal college. The pastoral ministry of Peter and the other Apostles is continued by the bishops under the primacy of the Pope.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The fire is very literal and is a symbol of holiness. The Messiah will set the world on fire. Judgment on humankind will be characterized by spontaneous combustion and will happen 3 times. First Gods' enemies, then the wicked and lastly the unbelievers. The last judgment is described by Zechariah 14:12 "Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth". Most people equate this with nuclear warfare but it refers to consumption by fire. Jesus will also burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18 "...I will bring you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold you".
If baptize meant something that believers do, then why are you equating it with something that happens to unbelievers? Ezekiel 28:18 was part of a a prophecy against the King of Tyre. Read the whole chapter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

The Pope's Role as Vicar of Christ.
Continued:
To understand the role of the Pope today, let us first examine the Biblical foundations and historical development of the papal ministry. From that basis, we will be able to explain the Pope's role in the government of the Church and his teaching office.
b. Pope:

By virtue of his wide-ranging ministry evident in the New Testament and preserved in tradition, Peter is considered to be pastor of the Universal Church.

History reveals that the single most notable representative of this ministry of Peter toward the Universal Church has been the Bishop of Rome, the city whose church was founded by Peter and where Peter and Paul are buried. The Pope, as Bishop of Rome and successor of Peter, is the visible and perpetual foundation of unity among the bishops and among Christ's faithful. The Bishop of Rome has, by virtue of his role as the Vicar of Christ and as Pastor of the entire Church, a full, supreme and universal authority. The college of bishops, when united to the Pope, has a similar authority.

3. Church Government and Papal Primacy
The beginning of the Church was a unique and creative act of Christ. The Church was and is both a spiritual and visible society, a communion of persons, which needs constant guidance to realize its mission. Thus, Christ perceived the need that someone should govern, have a primacy over, His Church. Therefore, He conferred that authority on Peter. As the Church was to endure through time until the return of Jesus, that authority or office conferred on Peter necessarily provided for succession. In fact, there has been an unbroken succession of popes from Peter to Benedict XV1, the 265th successor.

The primacy of the Pope, the recognition that he is the universal Pastor with full authority over the entire Church, preserves the oneness of the church by being a sign of unity, and by being a centre of communication, correction and assistance in the Church's mission. The Pope's primacy is one of service, in service of unity.

4. Teaching Office
a. Nature:
In order to maintain the Church in the purity of the faith transmitted by the Apostles, Jesus conferred on Her a participation in His own infallibility.

"Infallibility" means "immunity from error". It is a gift of the Holy Spirit which protects the Church from error when the Church solemnly defines a matter of faith or morals.

By a supernatural sense of the faith, the People of God under the leadership of the living Magisterium (the teaching office of the bishops) attach themselves indefectibly to the apostolic faith. The pastoral ministry of the Magisterium is ordered, therefore, to safeguard the People of God in the truth. This teaching office is not above the word of God, but serves it.

b. Infallibility:

To fulfil the teaching office of their pastoral ministry, the Apostles and their successors, the bishops, are given a gift of infallibility in matters of faith and morals. The Pope, as head of the college of bishops, enjoys this gift of infallibility in a unique sense. As pastor and supreme teacher of all the faithful, and charged with the responsibility to confirm his brothers and sisters in the faith, the Pope may proclaim as definitive a point of doctrine touching faith and morals.

When the Church, by her Magisterium, proposes something to be believed as being revealed by God in Jesus Christ, a Catholic is obliged to adhere to the definition with the obedience of faith. When the Magisterium proposes something not in a definitive way but so as to help the faithful in a better understanding of God's Revelation, a Catholic is obliged to give to such teaching the religious assent of his spirit.

It is, therefore, the Pope's role, as it was that of Peter, to guide the community of Christ's faithful, to safeguard them in the truth, and to confirm his brothers and sisters in the faith made possible in Jesus Christ.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus fulfilled no messianic prophecy but is the modern day idol of Israel.
Jesus is the modern day idol of Israel? That's a pretty weird, kind of contradictory statement.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: nah that is more like, two napoleons in a mental institution - arguing which one is the real napoleon.
I make no special claims about myself, but you do. So who thinks they are Napoleon and who does not?
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do a bit of reasearch you will find the holes you have been digging.
Keep searching.
(I have NOT made a mistake...YOU have....not one, but many)
Just quote what Exodus 3:14 really says if you think the version that I quoted is wrong. No need for stupid games.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
"pagan" arabs probably worshipped each others bottoms!
Who cares.
Because Muhammad continued the same practice of honoring the black stone. This tradition came from the pagan religion of the Meccans, as well as honoring the kaaba as well as the idea of the jinn. Why would Muhammad continue any practices from the pagans that he grew up with and incorporate them into Islam?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Explain this verse:
SHAKIR: When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, ywhen I strengthened ou I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.
ywhen I strengthened ou I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission,
I told you, you are out of your mind.

You use your confused logic and create questions which have no place in Quranic texts.

From where you got the idea, that Allah is in partnership with Holy Spirit?

And what is this nonsense about small S or Capital S?

In Arabic there are no small S and Capital S !!

You are surely out of your mind by asking such questions, which find no place in any one reading that verse in Arabic and translation in any language.

You need to get your head examined. Sooner the better for every one on this thread.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
"As Tranny jinny martini the MPD seeker walked by, Shamma looked at him and declared, "Look! There is the know all of all time!"
So what?
It means that you can't understand things said in the Gospels. you aren't equipped to do so.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Without John you are lost, eh?
Let's keep it simple, you fool.
Let us start with MARK because you will agree that Mark was the first
That's only as far as researchers can tell so far based on what they can find. Nobody knows for sure which is first. Some have begun to suggest Matthew was actually first based on additional evidence. It's always an ongoing debate because nobody has perfect historical knowledge about it.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and there really is no need for other books if Mark was inspired by "god"! One book would have been sufficient for you to make up your own religion.
Sure there is. The Gospels are merely people retelling which parts they recall. I don't think that the combination of all of them tell everything that happened but it doesn't matter, there is more than enough to get the message across.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you sure that this Zekaroya and these Ezekiel are really from God?
Just your assumptions or have you any proofs also?
Zechariah and Ezekiel have passed the test of being a prophet. What they have said has come to pass throughout history. Zechariah is probably my favorite minor prophet. Ch. 5-the flying roll, Ch. 6-the 4 horsemen, and Ch. 11-the "betrayal" have all already happened.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well the take a number and get in line, because i already have about 7billion of those. and i am not your father, i do not even have a daughter named susan.
and how the hell, can you be a second eve? when adam has not even dated, any woman by that name mythologically or susan other wise. and my first wife, has always been my our mother Merream. because sarah willingly ran off. and the woman chaooah, has always been one of my alleged chosen granddaughters. the woman chaooah has never been, one of my three daughters with our Mother Mereeam. so her name has ever been the myth name, lilith either.
nothing you say, can be validated, in either The-Written or Living Torah actually here in IT again. as if muslems, christian and jews, making their own not here in TheTorah stuff up is not enough.
i do not care what you're or anyone else's statistics say. the chances of any one of seven billion liars, being right even once is still zero.
Jimmie, you need to be exorcised because you have been visited by demon spirits and you are delusional. Spirits cause mental illness, and you have a demon spirit on you. I know for a fact that you are not Adam or Jesus. Have you ever asked a Rabbi for their opinion? When was the last time you were hospitalized and does your psychiatrist believe in you? You know Jesus was also visited by Satan, not God?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Edited the verse for brevity.
THIS WAS ALREADY DONE. Here it is once again. No need to keep on asking.
To us, the words holy spirit simply means one granted with a noble spirit. So, the prophets and messengers of God were men, who were noble or holy. They were not spirits.

Now, to your question:
"The baby Jesus could not talk on his own, so who did the talking?"
Good question and the answer is the baby Jesus did the talking.
In order to understand this, you must refer to the donkey of Balaam, who talked! God made that donkey talk. Right? So, why could not God make the baby Jesus talk?
And who spoke? The donkey or the Holy Spirit?
God performed a miracle and the Donkey spoke.
You changed my question.
I didn't mention the Chtistian Holy Spirit.
"I ask who is the holy Spirit that Allah is talking about in that text?

You are giving a false interpretation of the meaning of the holy Spirit in that text.

The Holy Spirit, al-Ruh al-Quds, in the Quran[edit]

The phrase al-Ruh al-Quds is used twice in the Quran:

"Say, the Holy Spirit has brought the Revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims.

— Qur'an, sura 16 (An-Nahl), ayat 102 [1]

"Then will God say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: "This is nothing but evident magic."

— Qur'an, sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayat 110 [2]

The Spirit, al-Ruh, in the Quran[edit]

The Spirit of Allah is used in the Quran in two senses:

1 - Allah Almighty uses it to blow into our mothers' wombs our human-spirits(souls). Creation of life:

"But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His Spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!

— Qur'an, sura 32 (As-Sajda), ayat 9 [3]

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of 'My Spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."

— Qur'an, sura 15 (Al-Hijr), ayat 29 [4]

"And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our Spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples.

—" Qur'an, sura 21 (Al-Anbiya), ayat 91 [5]

"And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our Spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).

— Qur'an, sura 66 (At-Tahrim), ayat 12 [6]

2- It is used to provide Divine Guidance to the Believers, those whom Allah Almighty Loves and Favors. It is not just the Holy Spirit that gives Guidance. Angels too give it:

"Raised high above ranks (or degrees),(He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the Spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting,

— Qur'an, sura 40 (Ghafir), ayat 15 [7]

The holy spirit in that text was not used for guidance in making Jesus talk.

Guidance by an angel has no power to create miracles, and it took a miracle to have Jesus talk, and breath life into that bird.

So according to the Quran Allah does have a Spirit of Himself.

So Jesus in saying the Father and I are One was referring to the Spirit of Allah that dwelt inside of Jesus as Jesus performed miracles by Allah's permission.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting for last supper comments from Mark.
4 “This is my blood of the[a] covenant, which is poured out for many,” he said to them.

What does that mean to you? For what purpose is it poured out? for the heck of it?
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I asked...
17. "I, Jesus existed before Abraham".......Yes/No
Provide Chapter and Verse from Gospel of Mark...and later from other Gospels...
It doesn't say that in Mark, it says it in other Gospels. There are some missing portions of Mark where the chapter was never completed, which really means that from the earliest scrolls they have found so far, there were pieces missing. But these are only two copies found in the oldest manuscripts. It's not like they found 20 oldest manuscripts. So it is possible that the particular copies that they found were not complete, but that they might find a more complete copy as old or older that is complete. This is more of an issue of Archeology. But again, there is a reason why there are multiple Gospels with different author's names and why there never was any Gospel ever written that was called The Gospel According to Jesus, because he never brought a book, and the Gospels were merely retelling the portions of the story that each author recalled. That's why there are multiple Gospels. If Jesus brought a book, like Muhammad claimed, then we would expect only one Gospel and if there were forgeries, we would expect different versions of the same exact book with the same title. But there isn't one single copy, not even one, of any book called the Gospel According to Jesus. There never was. Muhammad made up the story of there being an "Injil" because he didn't understand what the Gospels actually were.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you, you are out of your mind.
You use your confused logic and create questions which have no place in Quranic texts.
From where you got the idea, that Allah is in partnership with Holy Spirit?
And what is this nonsense about small S or Capital S?
In Arabic there are no small S and Capital S !!
You are surely out of your mind by asking such questions, which find no place in any one reading that verse in Arabic and translation in any language.
You need to get your head examined. Sooner the better for every one on this thread.
You are giving a false interpretation of the meaning of the holy Spirit in that text.

The Holy Spirit, al-Ruh al-Quds, in the Quran[edit]

The phrase al-Ruh al-Quds is used twice in the Quran:

"Say, the Holy Spirit has brought the Revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims.

— Qur'an, sura 16 (An-Nahl), ayat 102 [1]

"Then will God say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: "This is nothing but evident magic."

— Qur'an, sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayat 110 [2]

The Spirit, al-Ruh, in the Quran[edit]

The Spirit of Allah is used in the Quran in two senses:

1 - Allah Almighty uses it to blow into our mothers' wombs our human-spirits(souls). Creation of life:

"But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His Spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!

— Qur'an, sura 32 (As-Sajda), ayat 9 [3]

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of 'My Spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."

— Qur'an, sura 15 (Al-Hijr), ayat 29 [4]

"And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our Spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples.

—" Qur'an, sura 21 (Al-Anbiya), ayat 91 [5]

"And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our Spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).

— Qur'an, sura 66 (At-Tahrim), ayat 12 [6]

2- It is used to provide Divine Guidance to the Believers, those whom Allah Almighty Loves and Favors. It is not just the Holy Spirit that gives Guidance. Angels too give it:

"Raised high above ranks (or degrees),(He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the Spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting,

— Qur'an, sura 40 (Ghafir), ayat 15 [7]

The holy spirit in that text was not used for guidance in making Jesus talk.

Guidance by an angel has no power to create miracles, and it took a miracle to have baby Jesus talk, and breath life into that bird.

So according to the Quran Allah does have a Spirit of Himself.

So Jesus in saying the Father and I are One was correct in referring to the Spirit of Allah that dwelt inside of Jesus as Jesus performed miracles by Allah's permission.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
If baptize meant something that believers do, then why are you equating it with something that happens to unbelievers? Ezekiel 28:18 was part of a a prophecy against the King of Tyre. Read the whole chapter.
I understand that Seeker but verses 18 and 19 were not fulfilled by the king of Tyre. Isaiah 14 is about Lucifer and Babylon. Babylon is a mysterious religious system and Lucifer was its king. But it has a broader dual meaning. The Christians got it right in the book of Revelation but don't understand that Babylon is Christianity. Jesus is a womanizing skirt chaser, v. 13 "You have been in Eden the garden of God (pleasure) v. 14-15 "You are the anointed cherub that covers...You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, till iniquity was found in you". These verses clearly do not refer to the king of Tyre, but they do fit Jesus.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the modern day idol of Israel? That's a pretty weird, kind of contradictory statement.
In the song of Moses Deut. 31:29 Moses says, "...evil will befall you in the latter days, because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands". Israel is the USA and we are joined to idols once again. An idol is a physical representation of a (dead) god. "Shall I fall down to the stock of a tree?" "The stock is a doctrine of vanities" "Their molten images are wind and confusion". Christianity is polytheistic and the man is dead. He went to heaven and that is the realm of the dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 169,401 - 169,420 of193,588
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pagan/Wiccan Forum right now

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 49 min Jumper The Wise 75
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 2 hr vicky laster 56
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... 3 hr Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) 12 hr Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Thu PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... Thu PINCH111 5
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated Thu PINCH111 8
•••
•••