Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177986 May 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can any one understand meaning of this statement?
God came down from heaven "In the form of human thru jesus"? Does it looks like to you English?
God changed His form, from God He became Human? And when He was on Earth as jesus, whom Jesus (God) was praying to? To Himself?
Or One Part of God came down to earth and Two Third was staying in Heavens?
Did not Jesus had constant contact with God, while he was moving on earth?
This is the confused state in which Trnitarian Christians are, they even do not understand what they are talking.
You are a sinner MUQ.
Your soul needs to be saved by God.
Only the blood of Jesus on the cross can save you from the fires of hell.
God did not send His Son to condemn the world. He did not send him to punish the sinners but to save the sinners. This is the age of grace.

This is the age where God has extended His hand to the whole world and says “please be reconciled with me”(2 Corinthians 5:20-21). Indeed a day will come in which God will judge the world and those to whom He extended His invitation but they rejected Him.

This is “the day of wrath”(Romans 2:5), the day in which God will judge those that denied the truth of the gospel and will be to them “tribulation and anguish”(Romans 2:9). This is the day in which those “that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ .. shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;”(2 Thessalonians 1:8-9).

But this day has not come yet MUQ!
Today is NOT the day of wrath and punishment but the age of grace; the age in which, God, by giving His Son, has extended a hand of friendship to all and wants all to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4).

It is the day of reconciliation and not the day of judgment and punishment.

Muslims are fooled by the false doctrines of Muhammad.

Location hidden

#177987 May 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Teachings of Paul Part-8
25. Subject Matter: Christ’ mystery
Eph. 3-4
What Paul Wrote?)
I understand the mystery of Christ, This mystery was not made known to past generations, but now thru revelations given to holy Apostles and prophets
Remarks (MUQ)
Self claimed
26. Subject Matter: Christ’ Power
Eph. 4-46
What Paul Wrote?)
From him comes the growth of the whole body to which a network of joints gives order and cohesion
Remarks (MUQ)
How did body work when Jesus was not there?
27. Subject Matter: Christ’s Gift
Eph. 4-7
What Paul Wrote?)
Therefore it is said “When he ascended to the heights, he brought captives and gave his gifts to people
Remarks (MUQ)
Jesus’ words? Not known
God is always presences at all times and in every place.
You cannot escape the presences of God.

The Ultimate Authority

Even though Paul had approval from the eyewitnesses of Jesus' life, nevertheless, Paul claimed that his ultimate authority did not come from humans, but directly from Christ's revelation to him:

"For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Gal. 1:11-12)."

Paul himself saw Jesus via revelation on his encounter on the road to Damascus (Acts 9, 22, 26) in which Christ revealed Himself to Paul . He was an eyewitness in the sense of having seen Jesus after his death (1 Cor. 9:1). Therefore, Paul certainly had the authority to teach and preach the Gospel.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#177988 May 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a sinner MUQ.
Your soul needs to be saved by God.
Only the blood of Jesus on the cross can save you from the fires of hell.
God did not send His Son to condemn the world. He did not send him to punish the sinners but to save the sinners. This is the age of grace.

This is the age where God has extended His hand to the whole world and says “please be reconciled with me”(2 Corinthians 5:20-21). Indeed a day will come in which God will judge the world and those to whom He extended His invitation but they rejected Him.

This is “the day of wrath”(Romans 2:5), the day in which God will judge those that denied the truth of the gospel and will be to them “tribulation and anguish”(Romans 2:9). This is the day in which those “that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ .. shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;”(2 Thessalonians 1:8-9).

But this day has not come yet MUQ!
Today is NOT the day of wrath and punishment but the age of grace; the age in which, God, by giving His Son, has extended a hand of friendship to all and wants all to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4).

It is the day of reconciliation and not the day of judgment and punishment.

Muslims are fooled by the false doctrines of Muhammad.
"I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name,(Mohamed) you will accept him." John 5:43

United States

#177989 May 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>God came down from heaven in the form of a human man through Jesus to die on the cross for our sins.
It happened.
That is a true fact.
It is beautiful to know that you can actually touch the grave of Ezekiel in Al Kifl, Iraq!

United States

#177990 May 28, 2013
God want Muslims out of Islam!

When a Muslim, risking his life, leaves Islam there is joy in heaven!

It is easy for a fat arm chair air conditioned American to accept Jesus and feel a happened rush, but for a sweaty Muslim who had nothing tangible to gain and everything to lose, accepting Christ is a real life or dead decision!

Muslim converts are the most sincere Christians. The real work of the Holy Spirit is at work!
Balderdash

Saint Albans, WV

#177991 May 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not believe Jesus said that.
The language is crude and was perhaps inserted by an overzealous pagan convert or scribe, who was copying Mark. Luke and Matthew copied Mark wholesale (about 90%), so they included it.
It is only found in the fools' manifesto. I mean in Mark, Luke and Matthew. Looks like John was not there, otherwise he would have also reported it.
Was this reported by John?
My interpretation:
Jesus was fed up of his disciples and perhaps in a fit of anger said, "Chew me up or eat me up and drink my blood!"
This style of delivery can be found in Persian, Indian and other Oriental languages. The Church might have found it obscene and gave it a new twist.
Matthew 26:26 appears to be a 5th Century forgery.
Your interpretation is part and parcel of your Pilate orchestrated stage play nonsensicality.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#177992 May 28, 2013
Balderdash wrote:
<quoted text>Your interpretation is part and parcel of your Pilate orchestrated stage play nonsensicality.
My interpretation is correct, Buford.

Matthew 26:26 is a dubious verse.

Please check out Mark 14:22-26 and Luke 22:17-20 and compare all the three.

Luke 22

"14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them,“I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.”

17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said,“Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”

19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying,“This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.[a] "

And look at the footnote [a]: "Luke 22:20 Some manuscripts do not have given for you … poured out for you."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Mark 14:22 "While they were eating, he took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to them, and said,‘Take; this is my body.’ 23 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, and all of them drank from it. 24 He said to them,‘This is my blood of the[a] covenant, which is poured out for many."

Not poured out for the sins of all!!! He just wanted them to remember him. That is all there is to it.

It is all there in simple English, not in Hebrew or Aramaic or Arabic or Greek.
bmz

Location hidden

#177993 May 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>God came down from heaven in the form of a human man through Jesus to die on the cross for our sins.
It happened.

That is a true fact.
That is truly a big lie. There is no proof of that silly and absurd belief. What is the need to write "human man"?
bmz

Location hidden

#177994 May 28, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
It is beautiful to know that you can actually touch the grave of Ezekiel in Al Kifl, Iraq!
You wrote the above line in response to to following silly lines from Shamma:

"God came down from heaven in the form of a human man through Jesus to die on the cross for our sins.
It happened.
That is a true fact."

It is beautiful to know that Ezekiel 18:4 teaches that no one's soul will be condemned for the sin of another and that sin is not inherited. Here is what the LORD God said through Ezekiel:

"4 For all people are mine to judge—both parents and children alike. And this is my rule: The person who sins is the one who will die."

This is quite touching, bursts Shamma's Christian bubble and shows that Jesus did not die for anyone's sins.

Location hidden

#177995 May 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is truly a big lie. There is no proof of that silly and absurd belief. What is the need to write "human man"?
Muslims are afraid to have the love of God in side of their hearts.
Muslims feel comfortable walking with Satan rather then walking with God.
God came to live among us to show us how to live and walk with him in the fruit of the spirit of God.
Galatians 5:22-23
New International Version (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Muhammad taught Muslims to live like wild savage dogs.
Muhammad's built a culture of death and destruction for Muslims to live by.
bmz

Location hidden

#177996 May 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
You are pissing in the wind rabbee.

The wind blew and the shit flew, and there stood rabbee all covered in his shit stew.
Spoke like a true polemic presbyter! Was that necessary? You write so much bull shit but Rabbee never wrote anything like you.
bmz

Location hidden

#177997 May 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody knows what Jesus really said. It's not like he kept a diary (flying roll, Zech. 5) and there wasn't any contemporaneous record of his sayings.

The NT was written long after Jesus died and it wasn't even written by witnesses. That's why the NT is full of errors and contradictions, the authors are simply ascribing to Jesus what their personal views were.

The promises of the NT are mythology, delusion and false hope.
Absolutely true. Well said.
bmz

Location hidden

#177998 May 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims are afraid to have the love of God in side of their hearts.
Muslims feel comfortable walking with Satan rather then walking with God.
God came to live among us to show us how to live and walk with him in the fruit of the spirit of God.
Galatians 5:22-23
New International Version (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Muhammad taught Muslims to live like wild savage dogs.
Muhammad's built a culture of death and destruction for Muslims to live by.
NWR

Ask me if you do not know what that means.

Location hidden

#177999 May 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 22
"14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them,“I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.”
17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said,“Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”
19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying,“This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”
20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.[a] "
And look at the footnote [a]: "Luke 22:20 Some manuscripts do not have given for you … poured out for you."
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Mark 14:22 "While they were eating, he took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to them, and said,‘Take; this is my body.’ 23 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, and all of them drank from it. 24 He said to them,‘This is my blood of the[a] covenant, which is poured out for many."
Not poured out for the sins of all!!! He just wanted them to remember him. That is all there is to it.
You give an example of the filth and savagery in the heart and mind of Muslims.
You are rebelling against the love and goodness of God.
In your heart you are filled with the want to murder those that reject your prophet Muhammad.
You don't see how your heart and mind is filled with evil.
God came to earth to rid the evil in mans heart, mind and soul, and Muslims reject God for showing us how to worship God in the spirit of Gods love.
Muslims choose the evil savagery of Muhammad's way of living over the way God taught us how to live and worship Him.

Location hidden

#178000 May 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
NWR
Ask me if you do not know what that means.
I don't need to know what NWR stands for.
Muslims are an example of the filth and evil savagery of Muhammad.
Muslims give honor and glory to the evilness of Muhammad.

Muslims reject God coming to earth to show us how yo live for Gods honor and glory.

Location hidden

#178001 May 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely true. Well said.
Susan rejects Gods love and so your are in agreement with the evil inside of Susan.
LOL!
bmz

Location hidden

#178002 May 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You give an example of the filth and savagery in the heart and mind of Muslims.
You are rebelling against the love and goodness of God.
In your heart you are filled with the want to murder those that reject your prophet Muhammad.
You don't see how your heart and mind is filled with evil.
God came to earth to rid the evil in mans heart, mind and soul, and Muslims reject God for showing us how to worship God in the spirit of Gods love.
Muslims choose the evil savagery of Muhammad's way of living over the way God taught us how to live and worship Him.
It is no use writing rubbish.

Address my post #177992, if you can.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
bmz

Location hidden

#178003 May 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to know what NWR stands for.
Muslims are an example of the filth and evil savagery of Muhammad.
Muslims give honor and glory to the evilness of Muhammad.
Muslims reject God coming to earth to show us how yo live for Gods honor and glory.
NWR

Location hidden

#178004 May 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no use writing rubbish.
Address my post #177992, if you can.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
Its not there from your link.
Your Muslim life is dedicated to Muhammad instead of God.
Muslims should be rejoicing that God loved us enough to come to earth and teach us how to live and worship Him.
But No! Muslims love the evil ways of Muhammad much more then they love God.
bmz

Location hidden

#178005 May 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its not there from your link.
Your Muslim life is dedicated to Muhammad instead of God.
Muslims should be rejoicing that God loved us enough to come to earth and teach us how to live and worship Him.
But No! Muslims love the evil ways of Muhammad much more then they love God.
Here it is and you, a litter-bug of the lying Church, did respond to it:

Luke 22

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midnight Man Madness 18 hr foreveralonexox143 1
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jun 24 John 4,952
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May '17 John 14,736
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) May '17 Tete Rouge 119
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr '17 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr '17 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
More from around the web