Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 250933 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#177931 May 27, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jesus mom a virgin?
Was Jesus born from a virgin?
Yes or not?
Yes.
bmz

Singapore

#177932 May 27, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because the trinity idea is wrong does not mean Islam is right!
Trinity idea is not only wrong but it is also extremely absurd and a lie against the LORD Almighty God and the servant Jesus.

Islam is right because it teaches the belief in one and only one God, the LORD.

Christianity is absolutely wrong! No doubt about it.

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#177933 May 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>Trinity idea is not only wrong but it is also extremely absurd and a lie against the LORD Almighty God and the servant Jesus.

Islam is right because it teaches the belief in one and only one God, the LORD.

Christianity is absolutely wrong! No doubt about it.
I have news for you: not all Christian churches believe in a three headed god, sorry!

What can you say about those Churches that know there is not such thing as the "trinity"?

You can not say anything about it cause they prove you wrong!

As long as there are Churches that reject the trinity your whole thesis is defeated!

Church of God International, Worldwide Church of God, Jehovah Witness, etc.

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#177934 May 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
So Jesus had 46 chromosomes or only 23?

If Jesus had 46 chromosomes, where did he get the other 23 since his mother Mary only had 23 to give out!

Can you answer that question?

Hint: I know the answer!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177935 May 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! My God! So much bull shit!
You guys can lie not only through your teeth but also through your arses to show the absurd Trinity, where it does not exist.
Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken to Me, O Jacob, and Israel, who was called by Me, I am He, I am first, yea I am last. "
It is not 'I am'.
You may now continue to amuse us with your fantastic lies.
God has also proven that she is the first and the last. There was a sign and wonder that was worked by the Messiah over 29 years ago. It was the re enactment of Adam and Eve in the garden eating the forbidden fruit. The Messiah cursed Adam, and instructed him, "If you do (sell the photos to the publicizers) you're dead". He sold them for $7.50 paid in quarters-30 pieces of silver, and then hung himself along with Matthew and Luke who were fraternity brothers. Zechariah 11.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177936 May 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I do not know what is your grudge against Jesus Christ.
You seem to go on a right path and argument and then take a "weird" turn and start saying strange things.
Read the words of Jesus as recorded in first three gospels. Is there any evidence on that that he was Satan's messenger?
What Paul wrote is his own reason and logic, If Paul wrote any thing wrong about Jesus, then it is Paul's mistake and not Jesus.
John's Gospel is written in allegorical language and we cannot take that as a standard to criticise Jesus.
This Antichrist will be an evil person and we say this based on sayings of our prophet, peace be on him.
But no one is identified and we do not know who he will be.
But your criticism of Jesus and saying that Anti Christ will be God, to my mind seems like an "exercise in Extremism".
Jesus at one time was a friend of mine but he turned out to be a thief and a liar. Satan appeared to Jesus in his previous life and offered him the world if he would serve him. Jesus took the offer and came out preaching the Kingdom of God which has yet to materialize. The real Messiah/God and Jesus/Lucifer are alive on the earth today. Everybody will have a choice who to follow, the light or the darkness.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#177937 May 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus at one time was a friend of mine but he turned out to be a thief and a liar. Satan appeared to Jesus in his previous life and offered him the world if he would serve him. Jesus took the offer and came out preaching the Kingdom of God which has yet to materialize. The real Messiah/God and Jesus/Lucifer are alive on the earth today. Everybody will have a choice who to follow, the light or the darkness.
Why are you purchasing Sin by this tirade against Jesus? It is not going to harm the position and reverence which is his due as a true prophet of God.

Jesus did not tell any lie, when he preached about "nearness" of kingdom of heaven. The disciples got it wrong when they assumed that nearness means a couple of decades. In lives of nations, centuries are counted as days.

What Jesus meant by "nearness of kingdom of heaven", he was speaking about the nearness of advent of Last and Final prophet of God that was to "Lead humanity into all truth".

You have right to accept or reject Jesus and his message, but please refrain from putting false allegation on him.

You would just to you bag of inequity, nothing more.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#177938 May 28, 2013
when public toilets did not have tissues and bidets, people brought in their own wipers
problem was, on shabbat transfer of objects is prohibited,
so "our rabbis taught that one may carry 3 stones into a public toilet; one nut-sized pebble, the second olive-sized and the third egg-sized...
...even if there are visible shitstains upon them, i.e. used stones" (talmud Shabbat 81a)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177939 May 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you purchasing Sin by this tirade against Jesus? It is not going to harm the position and reverence which is his due as a true prophet of God.
Jesus did not tell any lie, when he preached about "nearness" of kingdom of heaven. The disciples got it wrong when they assumed that nearness means a couple of decades. In lives of nations, centuries are counted as days.
What Jesus meant by "nearness of kingdom of heaven", he was speaking about the nearness of advent of Last and Final prophet of God that was to "Lead humanity into all truth".
You have right to accept or reject Jesus and his message, but please refrain from putting false allegation on him.
You would just to you bag of inequity, nothing more.
What did Jesus ever prophecy that was fulfilled? He was a false prophet and said the end of the age and the resurrection on the Mount of Olives would occur within a generation. Tell me in scripture where centuries are days, I know the day for a year principle. I call my mission The Ministry of Truth (from the novel 1984) and there is some truth in all religions including Christianity. My faith is an eclectic mix of the truth. Jesus was the emissary of Satan and has "strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life" Ezekiel 13:22.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#177940 May 28, 2013
medieaval Jewish incantation text found at Cairo genizah,

"I adjure You by Your name YH, which is one of Your seventy names Gabriel handed down to Joseph,
just like women used to run after Joseph, so may You make [woman's name here] run after this man [man's name here],
amen Yah, amen Yah, selah halleluyah."

(to be kept inside a 'magic' amulet)
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#177941 May 28, 2013
why was Jesus leaving in a hurry?
because he got scared and panicked,
"I have to go now. The anti-christ is coming as we speak!"

so without even saying goodbye to his grieving mother, he quickly ran away to the safety of his father's mansion
facing off the arch-enemy is out of the question for such a wimp ass
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#177942 May 28, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Dark spirit reveal in dark caves because they like darkness!
Out of the abyss of a cave rise Islam!
John also received his "Revelations" inside a daark cave (grotto) on Patmos island

Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed (Luke 5:16)

whose word came to Elijah while he was dwelling in a cave?(1Kings 19:9)
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177943 May 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dance at all. I am very blunt! And I do respond to posts that catch my attention.
An example:
Your post # 177687 on page 8379 and you wrote:
"Didn't Jesus say he would die so that sins may be forgiven?"
I replied in my post # 177698 on page 8380 and wrote:
"No, Jesus did not.
Where and when did he say that? Please quote the exact verse!"
It was a very important question and you did not reply. Why?
What sort of behavior is that? As far as I am concerned, I do reply.
Well said, brother.
I am waiting for his replies to these very simple questions?
- Are you a Christian?
(To which he says he is a follower of Christ or Jesus! Is he ashamed to be Christian? Then he goes on to talk about his own way of interpreting the gospels (or gossip-lies or gossip hell). He creates his own religion to suit him....!)
- Is Jesus your God?
(He then runs off)
- Do you worship Jesus?
(He runs off)
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177944 May 28, 2013
uhuh wrote:
why was Jesus leaving in a hurry?
because he got scared and panicked,
"I have to go now. The anti-christ is coming as we speak!"
so without even saying goodbye to his grieving mother, he quickly ran away to the safety of his father's mansion
facing off the arch-enemy is out of the question for such a wimp ass
What was this great suffering by BJ??
2 hours of being kiccked about a bit, stripped naked, going on a pole and quickly coming down before start of shabbat?
After hiding in a comfy "Joseph of A." tomb for one or two nights,...getting out naked to bang 7 "demons" off poor mary...run off to scare the crap out of his old mates, grab their food...and then run of to daddy's mansion to live in comfort forever??
He was a wimp who could not put up with a tiny bit of suffering like a real man!
He CRIES out to "daddy"..."dadd y".....and rus off.

Many human beings suffer a GREAT deal more than this malingering BJ, woh has been MARKETED by liars a a GREAt sufferer.

All a load of bull.
Balderdash

Saint Albans, WV

#177945 May 28, 2013
Al-EX and bmz,

Not that you believe that Jesus actually said the following, because it isn't recorded in Mohammad's Hate Manifesto:

Matthew 26:26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying,“Take and eat; this is my body.”

27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying,“Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
Balderdash

Saint Albans, WV

#177946 May 28, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
What was this great suffering by BJ??
2 hours of being kiccked about a bit, stripped naked, going on a pole and quickly coming down before start of shabbat?
After hiding in a comfy "Joseph of A." tomb for one or two nights,...getting out naked to bang 7 "demons" off poor mary...run off to scare the crap out of his old mates, grab their food...and then run of to daddy's mansion to live in comfort forever??
He was a wimp who could not put up with a tiny bit of suffering like a real man!
He CRIES out to "daddy"..."dadd y".....and rus off.
Many human beings suffer a GREAT deal more than this malingering BJ, woh has been MARKETED by liars a a GREAt sufferer.
All a load of bull.
Al-EX the Poo-Pooer

http://www.frugalsites.net/jesus/crucifixion....
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177947 May 28, 2013
Balderdash wrote:
Al-EX and bmz,
Not that you believe that Jesus actually said the following, because it isn't recorded in Mohammad's Hate Manifesto:
Matthew 26:26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying,“Take and eat; this is my body.”
27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying,“Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god; their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips".
bmz

Singapore

#177948 May 28, 2013
Balderdash wrote:
Al-EX and bmz,

We do not believe Jesus said that.

The language is crude and was perhaps inserted by an overzealous pagan convert or scribe, who was copying Mark. Luke and Matthew copied Mark wholesale (about 90%), so they included it.

It is only found in the fools' manifesto. I mean in Mark, Luke and Matthew. Looks like John was not there, otherwise he would have also reported it.

Was this reported by John?

My interpretation:

Jesus was fed up of his disciples and perhaps in a fit of anger said, "Chew me up or eat me up and drink my blood!"

This style of delivery can be found in Persian, Indian and other Oriental languages. The Church might have found it obscene and gave it a new twist.

Matthew 26:26 appears to be a 5th Century forgery.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177949 May 28, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
WHO IS AN ATHEIST?
While the standard definition of an atheist is one who does not believe in God - yes, the extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic, anthropopathic, creationist deity is pure fiction - from another perspective, an atheist is a crass materialist who believes or who assumes that sentience somehow arose from insentient matter. What a shocking paradox! How naive!
The standard definition of an atheist is one who doesn't believe in god, god meant in the most widest sense, and not only refered to the extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic, anthropopatic creationist deity.

There are atheists that are crass materialistic and others who are not. Being crass materialistic has nothing to do with being atheist, as naively believed by you.

Actually, if you knew the least of Science, matter that you deeply lack of, you would have known yet that life arose from insentient matter to sentience. The issue is on how? This thing has nothing to do with religion, but with one's knowledge of Science. For instance a religious person can answer to the question of the how, by saying "god did it", while an atheist, who rejects the belief of god, may be not interested in Science at all, and ignore the issue of how life arose and claim to not know. By your standard then I have to assume that the religious person is an atheist, because believe life arose from insentience to sentience while that atheist is not an atheist, because ignore that issue, hence doesn't believe it. What a colossal paradox! Until today is still UNKNOWN how life arose from insentient being to sentience.

Even today you have not lost the occassion to show how ignorant you are.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177950 May 28, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Religion from the Latin "religare" means to bind, to yoke or to unite. Unite with what?- With the unregenerate passions. So, religion is all about the consciousness getting immersed with the play of the lower emotions or the baser passions.
Aside the fact that is uncertain the etymology of the word religion, but assuming you are correct, then to bind or to unite means to unite man with god. What kind of stupid question is "unite with what?

You can't neither answer to the most basic question that even child can answer, and because of your deep ignorance, you due to invent that religion is about to unite consciusness with emotions. LOL

You and Susan are made for each others. Have you ever thought to live together with her in a mental hospital?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 20 hr thetruth 4,348
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May 24 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May 22 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May 19 Patrick 219
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist May 19 New Beginning 1
News Witches for Sanders? Democratic Candidate Finds... May 16 Truth 2
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) May 16 Eagle 12 770
More from around the web