Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256357 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177943 May 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dance at all. I am very blunt! And I do respond to posts that catch my attention.
An example:
Your post # 177687 on page 8379 and you wrote:
"Didn't Jesus say he would die so that sins may be forgiven?"
I replied in my post # 177698 on page 8380 and wrote:
"No, Jesus did not.
Where and when did he say that? Please quote the exact verse!"
It was a very important question and you did not reply. Why?
What sort of behavior is that? As far as I am concerned, I do reply.
Well said, brother.
I am waiting for his replies to these very simple questions?
- Are you a Christian?
(To which he says he is a follower of Christ or Jesus! Is he ashamed to be Christian? Then he goes on to talk about his own way of interpreting the gospels (or gossip-lies or gossip hell). He creates his own religion to suit him....!)
- Is Jesus your God?
(He then runs off)
- Do you worship Jesus?
(He runs off)
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177944 May 28, 2013
uhuh wrote:
why was Jesus leaving in a hurry?
because he got scared and panicked,
"I have to go now. The anti-christ is coming as we speak!"
so without even saying goodbye to his grieving mother, he quickly ran away to the safety of his father's mansion
facing off the arch-enemy is out of the question for such a wimp ass
What was this great suffering by BJ??
2 hours of being kiccked about a bit, stripped naked, going on a pole and quickly coming down before start of shabbat?
After hiding in a comfy "Joseph of A." tomb for one or two nights,...getting out naked to bang 7 "demons" off poor mary...run off to scare the crap out of his old mates, grab their food...and then run of to daddy's mansion to live in comfort forever??
He was a wimp who could not put up with a tiny bit of suffering like a real man!
He CRIES out to "daddy"..."dadd y".....and rus off.

Many human beings suffer a GREAT deal more than this malingering BJ, woh has been MARKETED by liars a a GREAt sufferer.

All a load of bull.
Balderdash

Saint Albans, WV

#177945 May 28, 2013
Al-EX and bmz,

Not that you believe that Jesus actually said the following, because it isn't recorded in Mohammad's Hate Manifesto:

Matthew 26:26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying,“Take and eat; this is my body.”

27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying,“Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
Balderdash

Saint Albans, WV

#177946 May 28, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
2 hours of being kiccked about a bit, stripped naked, going on a pole and quickly coming down before start of shabbat?
After hiding in a comfy "Joseph of A." tomb for one or two nights,...getting out naked to bang 7 "demons" off poor mary...run off to scare the crap out of his old mates, grab their food...and then run of to daddy's mansion to live in comfort forever??
He was a wimp who could not put up with a tiny bit of suffering like a real man!
He CRIES out to "daddy"..."dadd y".....and rus off.
Many human beings suffer a GREAT deal more than this malingering BJ, woh has been MARKETED by liars a a GREAt sufferer.
All a load of bull.
Al-EX the Poo-Pooer

http://www.frugalsites.net/jesus/crucifixion....
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177947 May 28, 2013
Balderdash wrote:
Al-EX and bmz,
Not that you believe that Jesus actually said the following, because it isn't recorded in Mohammad's Hate Manifesto:
Matthew 26:26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying,“Take and eat; this is my body.”
27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying,“Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god; their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips".
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#177948 May 28, 2013
Balderdash wrote:
Al-EX and bmz,

We do not believe Jesus said that.

The language is crude and was perhaps inserted by an overzealous pagan convert or scribe, who was copying Mark. Luke and Matthew copied Mark wholesale (about 90%), so they included it.

It is only found in the fools' manifesto. I mean in Mark, Luke and Matthew. Looks like John was not there, otherwise he would have also reported it.

Was this reported by John?

My interpretation:

Jesus was fed up of his disciples and perhaps in a fit of anger said, "Chew me up or eat me up and drink my blood!"

This style of delivery can be found in Persian, Indian and other Oriental languages. The Church might have found it obscene and gave it a new twist.

Matthew 26:26 appears to be a 5th Century forgery.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177949 May 28, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
WHO IS AN ATHEIST?
While the standard definition of an atheist is one who does not believe in God - yes, the extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic, anthropopathic, creationist deity is pure fiction - from another perspective, an atheist is a crass materialist who believes or who assumes that sentience somehow arose from insentient matter. What a shocking paradox! How naive!
The standard definition of an atheist is one who doesn't believe in god, god meant in the most widest sense, and not only refered to the extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic, anthropopatic creationist deity.

There are atheists that are crass materialistic and others who are not. Being crass materialistic has nothing to do with being atheist, as naively believed by you.

Actually, if you knew the least of Science, matter that you deeply lack of, you would have known yet that life arose from insentient matter to sentience. The issue is on how? This thing has nothing to do with religion, but with one's knowledge of Science. For instance a religious person can answer to the question of the how, by saying "god did it", while an atheist, who rejects the belief of god, may be not interested in Science at all, and ignore the issue of how life arose and claim to not know. By your standard then I have to assume that the religious person is an atheist, because believe life arose from insentience to sentience while that atheist is not an atheist, because ignore that issue, hence doesn't believe it. What a colossal paradox! Until today is still UNKNOWN how life arose from insentient being to sentience.

Even today you have not lost the occassion to show how ignorant you are.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177950 May 28, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Religion from the Latin "religare" means to bind, to yoke or to unite. Unite with what?- With the unregenerate passions. So, religion is all about the consciousness getting immersed with the play of the lower emotions or the baser passions.
Aside the fact that is uncertain the etymology of the word religion, but assuming you are correct, then to bind or to unite means to unite man with god. What kind of stupid question is "unite with what?

You can't neither answer to the most basic question that even child can answer, and because of your deep ignorance, you due to invent that religion is about to unite consciusness with emotions. LOL

You and Susan are made for each others. Have you ever thought to live together with her in a mental hospital?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177951 May 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's doesn't say the sky will fall it says the stars will fall. Didn't the God that talks to you impart his wisdom on you and tell you this? And as far as the heavens being rolled up like a scroll, I don't think it literally can and John of revelations said so many symbolic things that we can't take anything he says literally. Do we really take the whore of Babylon on a horse with blasphemies literally? Do we take the beast with 10 heads literally? do we take a lamb with blood on it opening the scrolls literally? How does a lamb open scrolls? Have you read it?
But 69:16 in the Quran is quite literal and I can prove it. Right next to statements like this are the oceans swelling up and the mountains being crushed. Are those statement not to be taken literally as well? Of course they are literal. How come God doesn't guide you on such matters to know the clear difference between symbolic language and literal language?
rabbee: well you were not there, when it actually happened - were you?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177952 May 28, 2013
Balderdash wrote:
Al-EX and bmz,
Hello dear fellow human but a nutcase christian...
Why would ANY man say such a load of rubbish?
This is clearly a pagan/cannibalsitic approach?
Why would a decent man of god tell his close friends/relatives to EAT his raw/baked/cooked flesh and DRINK his fresh/fermented blood?
ONLY SATAN can say such things.

BJ was fed up...he knew he was in trouble...his mates were clueless after days/nights/years/hours of teaching...so he threw in the towel..AND SAID.hey morons,...just eat me up, drink my blood and be done with it..as am a spent force..i am finished..(unless God saves me from you lot and the jewish/roman mob!!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177953 May 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are stinking The Torah all up rabbee.
You need to stop pissing in The Torah
You need to come out and piss in the toilet rabbee.
rabbee: feeling guilty over a post, to someone else - are you?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177954 May 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And I've got news for you. Neither do you, no matter how much the voices in your head tell you that you do. Son of Sam believed voices too.
rabbee: do you have voices, in your head? since i never, made this claim. your not paying attention, when i have said, i have only had three visits with G-D so far.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177955 May 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not believe Jesus said that.
The language is crude and was perhaps inserted by an overzealous pagan convert or scribe, who was copying Mark. Luke and Matthew copied Mark wholesale (about 90%), so they included it.
It is only found in the fools' manifesto. I mean in Mark, Luke and Matthew. Looks like John was not there, otherwise he would have also reported it.
Was this reported by John?
My interpretation:
Jesus was fed up of his disciples and perhaps in a fit of anger said, "Chew me up or eat me up and drink my blood!"
This style of delivery can be found in Persian, Indian and other Oriental languages. The Church might have found it obscene and gave it a new twist.
Matthew 26:26 appears to be a 5th Century forgery.
Well Muslims should believe that what Jesus said.
For with out belief in The Lords Table Muslims are not written in Gods book of life.

You are dumb Muslin.
Muslims think that rejecting the words of Jesus that they are rejecting Christianity, well that too, but they are also rejecting God.

Islam has been slain from the foundation of the earth.
God for knew the evil of Islam and ordained it to the fires of hell.

Jesus warned about the false teaching of Islam in the Gospels.
Muslims unbelief is a sign and verifies the truth Jesus spoke.
Glory to God in the highest.
Heaven and earth are full of your glories.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177956 May 28, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: feeling guilty over a post, to someone else - are you?
You are pissing in the wind rabbee.
The wind blew and the shit flew, and there stood rabbee all covered in his shit stew.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177957 May 28, 2013
Balderdash wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Poo-Pooer
http://www.frugalsites.net/jesus/crucifixion....
Hello buford the name changer...
2 hours of being kicked about a bit, stripped naked, going on a pole and quickly coming down before start of shabbat?
After hiding in a comfy "Joseph of A." tomb for one or two nights,...getting out naked to bang 7 "demons" off poor Mary magda the oil&spice girl...run off to scare the crap out of his old mates, grab their food...and then run of to daddy's mansion to live in comfort forever??
He CRIES out to "daddy"..."dadd y".....and runs off.

Many human beings suffer a GREAT deal more than this malingering BJ, who has been MARKETED by liars a GREAT sufferer.

If you think that BJ is the creator of universe that is nearly 15billion years old, why can’t BJ suffer on earth for a few billion years??? LOLOLOL…

Look like its all a load of bull?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177959 May 28, 2013
Balderdash wrote:
<quoted text>I've been posting here for years. You haven't.
Okay, fine. I told you that I haven't read you other posts, so just reading that one post, it was difficult to figure out you were sarcastic when many Muslims say the same exact thing you said. I'm not blaming you at all or telling you what you should or shouldn't post, I am merely explaining why I didn't see the sarcasm. Shees. So now I know who you are, in spades. Nice first meeting.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177960 May 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Link please? You make up stories and then count on people not being able to go out and find it. I never lost ANYTHING to such an idiot as yourself. That's like losing a maze race in the Special Olympics. Now stop lying. You lie about being an ex priest and you even lie about winning anything. We know that you have no character and will lie about anything if you think it is convenient for you. You have a complete absence of any character at all within you.
<quoted text>
Gee then why don't you just raise the same issue again and let's see how badly I lose, you pathetic and desperate liar. Do you mean that me explaining the origin of the trinity and saying that some verses support it and some may not, but it's not like they invented it out of nowhere, is a loss? How? In what universe? What retarded universe do you actually live in?
It's downright depressing to think that people born with a brain can manage to be so stupid as you are. But it's the outright lying and vulgarity of you that make you such a despicable cockroach. not your stupidity.
hey vomit-worthy!
I have no time to play with you.
You are the lying git who tried the trinity challenge on muslims and got your nose put out of joint.
All you do is change your name and return to get punished.
Your posts are not clever...you stink and your posts are stinky and very girlie.
Stop squealing...
(btw...have you forgotten your comments about Jews that was corrected..and you finally admitted you were wrong?)
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177961 May 28, 2013
Hey, super freak is back.

He's a very stupid boy,
doo doo, doo doo

The kind you don't take home to mother
doo doo, doo doo

He will never let your laughter down
doo doo, doo doo

Once you peel him off the street
doo do, doo doo

He likes the girls in the burqa
doo doo, doo doo

He says Ayisha is his favorite
doo doo, doo doo

When he make's his move to her room it's the right time
doo doo, doo doo

And then she's gets his fleas
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177962 May 28, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
(btw...have you forgotten your comments about Jews that was corrected..and you finally admitted you were wrong?)
Well if I WAS wrong, I'll admit it. But you never can. So what does that say about you right there? Stupor Freak. You have no honesty nor character. You are nothing but a stupid, desperate, vulgar little boy who will lie at the drop of a hat without even the slightest problem. And the worst part is that you think it's clever rather than shameful.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177963 May 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Hey, super freak is back.
He's a very stupid boy,
doo doo, doo doo
The kind you don't take home to mother
doo doo, doo doo
He will never let your laughter down
doo doo, doo doo
Once you peel him off the street
doo do, doo doo
..doo doo, doo doo
..doo doo, doo doo
..doo doo, doo doo
.. gets his fleas
Yes, we can see that the "freak"..and loser ..jinny martini.. arnold.. jeffey wright..POT god seer..profit..bemused (demented) conservative..TV..girlie boy... is back for more punishment!

He lacks insight..and his posts are a waste of time because nobody takes his "girlie freakie talk" seriously.

Carry on freak...we are laughing - not with you but, at you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr 18 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr 6 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb '17 stalk this 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '17 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb '17 Nicole Orsak 117
More from around the web