Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177730 May 26, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Why is Alex, the Sharia-parasite, grunting like an insane pig?
(smiles)
Hey Joel...You come up with a load of assumptions...and yet you are unhappy with all your lot..ok?
May be you really NEED God (not a goat..cow..naked pagan...)now.
Good luck.
(smiles)
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177731 May 26, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes i would like to hear, your other excuses? i would like to also hear, your excuses why you left one false religion for another false religion. in which neither, actually worship TheG-D of TheWhole Torah here in IT again. and even if you were to become a jew, in Judaism. you still would not be true to G-D, here in TheTorah still Today. and so would not make any difference, if you became a buddist monk not here in TheTorah today.
leaving one false establishment for another false establishment, does not make you true to G-D. you make only think, you made an exchange for the better. but i have some serious doubts, that you made an exchange for the better. in a whole world without one true church, mosque, or synagogue, today here in TheTorah. and as indicated in TheTorah for this period of time, actually here in IT again.
and the indication are, if i cannot even find one alleged as jew true to G-D here today in TheTorah. i am not about to find, any one anywhere else in this world true to G-D here in TheTorah again. for if i found even one jew, true to HaShem here in TheTorah today. i would find at least ten gentiles following him around. and if two, there would be a hundred followers etc..
What is your religion Rabbee?
How many people are like you?
Thank you.....

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177732 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok Shamma.
You seem to know the Sharia Law.
Show me where in Sharia Law it gives a wayward nutcase the right to kill a fellow human being just because he thinks the other person killed muslims?
I am sure you must have a tiny bit of brain to wrok that one out?
Where in Quran it prmises me 72 virgins if I kill a citizen of my own country while he was in civilian clothing and not planning on even threatening me?
The 72 Virgins are missing from Quran....I wonder why?
By the way, did you ever wonder how you enter heaven....do you enter as a virgin..or a seasoned AIDS victim with puss?
Think carefully!!..lol..
Quran (2:191-193)- "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.

And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah." The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries.
In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did).

The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse).
The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.
Those verses Alex is what the Muslim that killed that UK soldier was referring to as why he killed that UK soldier.

Quran (2:244)- "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216)- "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.
From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Sharia law does nor abrogate the Quran and Hadith Alex.
The Hadith is the engine that runs the Quran.

The peace passages in the Quran prior to Sura 9 were abrogated.
Muslims like to quote them from the Quran, but they are no longer valid.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177733 May 26, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
i have my instructions, directly from HaShem G-D. whether any of you like it or not, i shall not accept any of my alleged as grandchildren or their grandmother. who is not true to G-D, here in TheTorah today.
for i am not to be, the grandfather of any of you nobodies here in TheTorah today. for i am still only the grandfather of everybody here in TheTorah today.
and if you all only think, we are not all here in TheTorah from HaShem G-D. then you might just want to reconsider that original thought of sin.
oh boy!
There are many with direct instructions from HaShem G-D, Christ god, this god..and that god...and even from napoleon..
Most take medication.

Location hidden

#177734 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
***Are you follower of Jesus or Christ?
Do you know the difference...or even the subtle difference?
Why don't you follow the Messiah...and if you like you can use the Aramiac/Hebrew name for it?lol...
***You fail to understand why a person is EX..priest..EX christian....because he no longer beliieves in the BULL!!!
The MORE you quote the gospels..the STUPIDER you look, because I know ALL what is there to know about/in the NT!
You cannot still understand that?
No you do not know all there is in the OT or the NT.

You don't even know who the god in the Quran is.
All you know about the Muslim god Allah is that you were told it is the God of Abraham with out you ever knowing who the God of Abraham is.

And you don't know why Jesus manifested Himself in human form of God on earth.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177735 May 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No you do not know all there is in the OT or the NT.
You don't even know who the god in the Quran is.
All you know about the Muslim god Allah is that you were told it is the God of Abraham with out you ever knowing who the God of Abraham is.
And you don't know why Jesus manifested Himself in human form of God on earth.
Hello Shamma....
Why do you insist on dragging in the OT....?
By turning G-d into peeing pooing man, you invalidate the OT!
You don't need the OT for your lies...just use NT and the Church "rule books"...

..Jesus NEVER said that he manifested himself in human form of God on earth..LOLOLOLOL.....assuming you know what manifest means..lol

Yes,...even if I did not know anything...and if I am told Allah is G-d of Abraham and if Allah is given this description...I would be quite happy....

G-d is ONE
G-d is eternal
G-d is self subsisting
G-d is unique
G-d is not daddy of people or is sonny of people.
G-d is unlike ANY of G-d's creation...

Now that is a darn good start..!

Location hidden

#177736 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Shamma....
Why do you insist on dragging in the OT....?
By turning G-d into peeing pooing man, you invalidate the OT!
You don't need the OT for your lies...just use NT and the Church "rule books"...
..Jesus NEVER said that he manifested himself in human form of God on earth..LOLOLOLOL.....assuming you know what manifest means..lol
Yes,...even if I did not know anything...and if I am told Allah is G-d of Abraham and if Allah is given this description...I would be quite happy....
G-d is ONE
G-d is eternal
G-d is self subsisting
G-d is unique
G-d is not daddy of people or is sonny of people.
G-d is unlike ANY of G-d's creation...
Now that is a darn good start..!
The OT and NT are the unified Word of God.
In the OT god gave the His law to Moses as Gods law for mankind to obey.
Once you understand Gods law you will understand the NT.
Read carefully:
All people have sinned against God. But, God is infinitely holy and righteous.
He must punish the sinner, the Law- breaker. If He didn't, then His law is not Law for there is no law that is a law without a punishment.

The punishment for breaking the Law is death, separation from God. Therefore, we sinners need a way to escape the righteous judgment of God.
Since we are stained by sin and cannot keep the Law of God, then the only one who could do what we cannot is God Himself.

That is why Jesus is God in flesh. He is both divine and human.
He was made under the Law (Gal. 4:4) and He fulfilled it perfectly. Therefore, His sacrifice to God the Father on our behalf is of infinite value and is sufficient to cleanse all people from their sins and undo the offense to God.

If God would just forgive sin with out punishing anyone for sin against him, then giving the law to man was useless.

God could not then demand that we follow the law for when we broke the law all we had to do is ask for forgiveness, and god would be spending eternity forgiving man for his sins.
So lying, rape, robbery, and murder would continually be going on in heaven for there would be no punishment for sin.
That is not what God wanted.

The NT brings Gods plan for mans salvation to completion.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177737 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moron....
..There is NO need to dwell in its entirety when they can pick holes by quoting parts of it!!(i refer to your jerry-mire with errors!)
Oh there is, they purposefully skip parts that don't suit their argument. People do this all of the time. People can become very dishonest if they NEED to be right. It happens every day. Seems to be human nature.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
...you ask me to show the languages?? LOL...If you want us to believe you, it is your job to find the originals in the original language!
You made the claim, not me.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
...It is your responsibilty to PROVE to others that Jesus claimed divinity...that he said he was god/the only begotten son of god/god in human form..who has come to die for the sins of gentiles/world on a roman pagan cross....
I don't have to prove anything nor do I have to convince anybody of anything. I have my take on it, you have yours. All that I need to do is to use scriptures to substantiate my idea abnd explain why i think that my idea is right.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
(how can nailing a lamb to a pole be real sacrifice..i am sure you know the law on that i guess..lol)....when did Jesus say if you believe in his death/sacrifice...you shall be saved and hav eeternal life..?...Jesus NEVER made such claims...which means...demented people like are reading something into your pagan books....that crave for legitimacy by clinging on to the Jewish books...calling them "OT"!!
John 6:50-71
This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.” The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying,“How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day....
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177738 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
...Finally...
Are you pinning your hopes on Mark 16:9-20?
Well I quoted Luke as well and you ignored it.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know anything about Gospels....you can't exactly put your money on the horses known as Matt, luke and john....and the rest get even more comical..!
That's your understanding, not mine.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a clueless fool........
That's your opinion and you strike me as one of the stupidest people that have ever posted here.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no knowledge of the NT but you try to challenge me.
Sure because I have far more knowledge about it than you do.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep smacking your bottom
I don't see where you have done that even once, but I do see where you keep trying, and do a horrible job at it. You're a stupid little boy.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
but you don't even know IF/WHY you have been smacked while learned folks know what I am doing to a little novice like you!
READ Mark 16:9-20....How many hours did BJ have before educating them?
What is the point of your question? Makes no sense at all.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
How come he gave such a great task to the cowards/fools after rebuking them several times? Was he a bad teacher when he was alive AND dead!!?
Did you see the part that I quoted where he said he showed them the hidden meanings of what he said? I quoted it.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he expect them to take Jets to fly off to China?
That's a very stupid question that only a retarded little boy would ask.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't BJ show by example in his pre-Mark 16:8, existence, by going out to England, China, Japan and USA!!!LOL?
Because he said "first things first". First was to correct his people, then he sent people out to preach to others after he was gone. That's how he decided to do it.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
When did BJ say in Mark 1-16:8 that he came for the non Jews and that he came to create a new covenant?
I quoted the verses where he told them to go out and preach to others. Where did he say that they must never preach to the Gentiles?
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
When did BJ say he wanted to create a new religion?
New Covenant.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember...BJ was NOT interested in Gentiles..
No, he said first things first. Doesn't mean that was all. you know, I have no idea why I answer such a thick person like yourself. It's absolutely pointless, and I even knew that, but i thought I would give it one more try. My mistake.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177739 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok Shamma.
You seem to know the Sharia Law.
Show me where in Sharia Law it gives a wayward nutcase the right to kill a fellow human being just because he thinks the other person killed muslims?
I quoted verses from the Quran and you never answered them. Who needs the hadiths? The killers themselves even referred to one of the verses that I quoted.
Redneck Reb

United States

#177740 May 26, 2013
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus ....Let us Praise His Holy Name!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177741 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your religion Rabbee?
How many people are like you?
Thank you.....
rabbee: my religion is just being religiously true, to G-D here in TheTorah in TheHappening. so it is not like, any of your religions in the world. i can't be true to G-D, being a follower of any worldly religions.

and according to TheTorah for this end of the sixth day, their ain't anyone like me again. i am all alone with nobody, here in TheTorah again. same as all the other Torot times, before this time again. were not in any different story, it's the very same one again from G-D.

and all i have is TheTorah Scroll, as my measuring stick. for i use no new testaments, of alleged as men. for they are the works, of fallible alleged as men.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177742 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mentally unstable..because you lack insight..you think you know everything..and yet you know little...
There are two issues here....
1) Battle instructions....
US Army instructions to soldiers...
Will it be..."So when you meet in battle the Nazis, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them".....
The Quran is an instruction for all times and these two were taking the battle to the UK. Makes perfect sense.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
"And kill them wherever you find them,"....even if there is a wedding party of old men, young children and women.,..."
They didn't kill old men and children and they even apologized to women for them having to see this. They were being good Muslims right to the letter of the law.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
2) The idiot who killed the soldier had no authority whatsoever...and ALL Sharia courts agree on that.
Sure he did, fight those who fight you. The soldier fought in Muslim lands against Muslims. He didn't think they were fighting in Afghanistan, he only knew there were Muslims there. There is no such thing as countries in Islam, there are only lands with Muslims in them. And no matter what that country's situation is, if you are fighting against Muslims in that land, that's all that matters. He understood Islam very well. And he even said all of this and explained it very well. His authority was the Quran itself and he even explained it and I recognized what he was saying right away because I know the Quran.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177743 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
oh boy!
There are many with direct instructions from HaShem G-D, Christ god, this god..and that god...and even from napoleon..
Most take medication.
Ever try some? Maybe Ritalin? It might help your concentration and intelligence.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177744 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
oh boy!
Most take medication.
rabbee: yes but - i was actually standing there. when G-D gave them to me, as a small child. and so i am also here, according to scripture. at the exact same time, same place and same happenings, as always before, according to scripture.

and i take, meditation instead. and still can't find napoleons name, in scripture or in HEAVEN of Heavens. and even yours, ain't in there. maybe you, need to work on that a bit more. lying won't get your name in scripture, that only telling the truth can.
JOEL THUMBS DOWN

Saint Albans, WV

#177745 May 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
Now, you may ask why do I believe in the God of Abraham, Moses, the Hebrews and the Jews?
Answer: Because the Qur'aan said so.
And if you had been raised in a Mormon household, and I had questioned your beliefs, you'd have replied that you believe X, Y, and Z, "Because the Book of Mormon said so."

Check brain at door. Repeat what you are told as though you believe it, and eventually you WILL believe it! It's THAT simple!
JOEL THUMBS DOWN

Saint Albans, WV

#177746 May 26, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
"This is the judgment of Allah and His apostle for such cases" - Muaz ibn Jabal, at Yemen
it's no more than his personal opinion
What? You, being a Jew, are an Islam apologist?

THE PUNISHMENT FOR APOSTASY FROM ISLAM
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/apostasy...

Read it, if you dare.
JOEL THUMBS DOWN

Saint Albans, WV

#177747 May 26, 2013
Rep. Franks:“Protecting pain-capable unborn babies is not a Republican issue or a Democratic issue. It is rather a test of our basic humanity”

http://www.nationalrighttolifenews.org/news/2...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#177748 May 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Idolatry is simply making a physical representation of a god, you don't have to actually worship the image. It can be a graven (carved) image or a molten (molded) image or in these modern days, a photograph. This would also seem to include a painting. I never said that an idol is not a historical figure. Catholics are especially guilty of idolatry, you've all seen the pope walk around with the image of Jesus on the cross but they are so ignorant, they can't see what they're doing.
You are very right in your analysis.

teachings of Bible is so clear, I wonder how these people fell into the error of making "imaginary" photos, statues and images of Jesus and Mary and disciples of jesus and bowing before these figures and statues.

It is violation of First and Second of the Ten Commandments.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#177749 May 26, 2013
Teachings of Paul Part-6

18. Subject Matter: Charity

2Cor. 9-7

What Paul Wrote?)

God loves a cheerful giver

Remarks (MUQ)

Universal Truth!!

19. Subject Matter: Christ

Col. 2-19

What Paul Wrote?)

Christ, It is he who nourishes and gives unity to the whole body by a complex system of nerves and ligaments, making it grow according to the plan of God

Remarks (MUQ)

No proof needed for such a claim, Own Logic of Paul and so strange and he does not need any Proofs from Jesus' lips.

20. Subject Matter: Christ as God

Roman 9-5

What Paul Wrote?)

He who as God is above all distinctions< blessed be He forever and ever

Remarks (MUQ)

Paul says for jesus, who did not say about himself.

21. Subject Matter: Christ as God’ image

2Cor. 4-4

What Paul Wrote?)

The god of this world has blinded the minds of these unbelievers lest they see the radiance of Christ, who is God’s image.

Remarks (MUQ)

Own Logic of Paul and so strange and he does not need any Proofs from Jesus' lips.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct 30 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct 30 Scarlet Hernandez 7
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Oct 26 RationalChick 11
News Out of the Broom Closet: DC Witches in Their Ow... Oct 25 Hajinon 1
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) Oct 25 GiveUpUDummies 8
Loner wiccan Oct '17 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep '17 de_sheets 3
More from around the web