Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177279 May 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex---HughBe is a decent soul with a darn good sense of humour..and he is ALL man!
HughBe--- Amen and Amen. I like the sound of that "ALL man"
Amen to that HughBe!
Yes, you are ALL man, as it takes one to recognise one!!
Peace my friend.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177280 May 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
\
Alex---I am sorry I have offended your feelings in some ways, but Frijoles has made some very valid comments defending Monotheism
HughBe--- There is no need for apology, Alex. I was not offended in any way. I saw an opportunity to express my thoughts and I took it.
Thank you, HughBe and your thoughts are well noted and received.
All the best, Alex.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177281 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean you have given up lying about you being one in the past?
You shall continue to be "employed" as that proverbial "faith healer's blindman"!!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177282 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean you have given up lying about you being one in the past?
Answer the questions, dear jesu-phrenic...
Come on weasel...make and attempt to answer these...

- Is Jesus your God?
- Did Jesus say he was your God?
- What is the religion of Jesus? Did he ever deny Judaism and say "I am No longer a Jew by faith"? LOL

or are you ready for your "comfort" break again?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177283 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Having a little knowledge of some Hebrew words, which are quite similar to Arabic, Yahweh to me simply means, "He the one" or "The one who might be". It is definitely no proper noun.
Letting aside the fact you still don't know the meaning of the word YHVH.

If your Yahweh is not a proper noun because it means 'He the one' or 'The one who might be', then applying your infallible logic we can conclude that the word Daniel is definitely not a proper noun because it means 'god is my judge' or Joel is not a proper noun because it means 'The lord is god, and so on with Emanuel, David etc.

Are you realizing how hilarious and dumb you sound everyday?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177284 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we qualify that to make it clear and say, "We worship the God of Abraham, Ishmael, Issac, Jacob, Joseph, David and Moses." We even go to the extent of saying that we worship the God of the Hebrews and the Jews. We are saying that openly, so how can one deny that?
However, we do not believe in the Christian God.
What say ye now?
rabbee: well that is still not TheG-D of: Noach, Avraham, Yeerzak, Eeshmael, Yaachov, Yoseph, Moshe, Adam to adam and chaooah. and even the alleged as jews, do not all even worship the same g-ds today. all i see today, is the worship of hasatan, baal hamolech, and halooseefer cleverly disguised in some fairy tale versions.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177285 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
He is Mr. Nobody!
rabbee: i have not met, any one yet. who is not a nobody, here in TheTorah. your all not here in TheTorah, G-D is still giving. and neither are, they.

neither your reality show, nor their reality show are not the reality here in TheTorah.

TheTorah is TheProphecy of G-D given to us. that shall all happen, exactly as written. no matter what all your, new testament delusions from other g-ds say otherwise.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177286 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ishmael was the 2nd person to lose his foreskin.
Issac was not even born at that time. So, Ishmael was already covered under the Covenant of Giving Up the Foreskin. No one can deny this fact!
What do you mean by no one can deny this fact?

Is that a fact to begin with?

Has the biblical Abraham ever existed? Where are the evidences?

Has Abraham ever done whatever it's written in the Genesis? Where are the evidences?

Had Abraham applied the circumcision to his son? Where are the evidences

Had Abraham have zero, one, two, seven sons? Where are the evidences?

Was the Genesis, at least the part concering Abraham, written by himself or by at least an eyewitness? Where are the evidences?

Is the Torah of today as old as Abraham? Where are the evidences?

If you don't have any sort of evidence to answer to these questions, how dare to call a mere story a fact?

BTW, the Torah of today was composed around 450 BC by taking 5 different sources together, whose the most ancient one dated 900 BC and the younger one dated 500 BC.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177287 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I find Jesus' sayings very easy to understand and one does not have to be a Guru or mystic to understand what he said and meant.
For example, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head", does need the help of a Guru or mystic to understand that. In short, he meant, "I have no home". However, that line shows that Jesus definitely sat in the company of Indian Gurus or Persian learned men.
The problem is that the men who sat in the company of Jesus, were not wise and learned.
rabbee: well so what, i have seen 1st graders, who sat in the company of teachers. who still to this day truly, haven't learned anything yet. no matter how much your illogical logic, is logic to you.

don't throw, grenades at each other. because sooner or later somebody, is going to pull the pin and throw it back.

and don't throw rocks, at anyone who can throw .357 or 9mm rocks back. so don't tell me, we still don't stone each other to death for unrepented sinning.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177288 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
My sentiment exactly, bro.
Frijoles' posts have been a breath of fresh air.
Salaams, bro. Alex.
rabbee: bad air in agreement with bad air, does not make for good fresh air.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177289 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing changes because he will always remain one.
rabbee: well G-D could care less what all you, morons call each other. as you all lower yourselves, into the moronic pit deeper. have you not heard, of judge not least you be samely judged?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177290 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realise what Shamma had done by saying...Jesus is God Alex!!!
He has given me divinity!!
In other words...the name for God Alex is Jesus!!!!
God Alex...I like that name...as why not be a Pagan god than a human Christian..lol...
rabbee: well i hope some of you, live long enough. to find out Who G-D appoints, as your Hoo VHee G-d for the final day. as i am sure it won't be, Who you all think is not TheOUR Baby as G-D.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#177291 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you only quoted the first part of my post. Weasel.
Because the other part was not worth addressing.
bmz

Location hidden

#177292 May 23, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well G-D could care less what all you, morons call each other. as you all lower yourselves, into the moronic pit deeper. have you not heard, of judge not least you be samely judged?
Rabbee,

This Jesus, who is not in your theTorah, was actually judging everyone and was commenting on everything others did and he himself was judged. He had it. However, he was wise and guru-like.

But our in-house Moron Shamma keeps judging every one foolishly, not knowing that we are judging him better.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177293 May 23, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177294 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing you freak. I offend you because you are a deluded fool who thinks who knows everything..and yet you know notihng.
I do not post like a "priest" as I have given up on that particularly "veritable" profssion!
You are a "foreign body" here...need some red cells to get rid of you..lol
Please move on...
rabbee: i fail to see, how anyone being more freaky is going to help any other freak. if i owned this planet, i'd rather rent it out, and live in a kinder gentler hell. as i do not think, any of your other g-ds, are able to fix the problems with more idol problems.

Location hidden

#177295 May 23, 2013
http://christianthinktank.com/messiah.html

Jewish Apocrypha [NWNTI:18]

2 Esdr 7.26-30: "For indeed the time will come, when the signs that I have foretold to you will come to pass, that the city that now is not seen shall appear, and the land that now is hidden shall be disclosed. Everyone who has been delivered from the evils that I have foretold shall see my wonders. For my son the Messiah shall be revealed with those who are with him, and those who remain shall rejoice four hundred years. After those years my son the Messiah shall die, and all who draw human breath. Then the world shall be turned back to primeval silence for seven days, as it was at the first beginnings, so that no one shall be left."

2 Esdr 12.31-34: "as for the lion whom you saw rousing up out of the forest and roaring and speaking up to the eagle and reproving him for his unrighteousness, and as for all his words that you have heard, this is the Messiah whom the Most High has kept until the end of days, who will arise from the offspring of David, and will come and speak with them. He will denounce them for their ungodliness and for their wickedness, and will display before them their contemptuous dealings. For first he will bring them alive before his judgment seat, and when he has reproved them, then he will destroy them. But in mercy he will set free the remnant of my people, those who have been saved..."

2 Esdr 13.3: the vision--"As I kept looking the wind made something like the figure of a man come up out of the heart of the sea. And I saw that this man flew with the clouds of heaven" with the explanation in 13.25--"This is the interpretation of the vision: As for your seeing a man come up from the heart of the sea, this is he whom the Most High has been keeping for many ages, who will himself deliver his creation;" and in 13.32: "When these things take place and the signs occur that I showed you before, then my Son will be revealed, whom you saw as a man coming up from the sea."

2 Esdr 13.36-37: "But he shall stand on the top of Mount Zion. And Zion shall come and be made manifest to all people, prepared and built, as you saw the mountain carved out without hands. Then he, my Son, will reprove the assembled nations for their ungodliness..."

2 Esdr 13.52: "He said to me,'Just as no one can explore or know what is in the depths of the sea, so no one on earth can see my Son or those who are with him, except in the time of his day."

2 Esdr 14.9: "for you shall be taken up from among humankind, and henceforth you shall live with my Son and with those who are like you, until the times are ended."

[Note: 2 Esdr 3-14, from which the above passages are taken, is also known in the literature as 4 Ezra, and strictly speaking, is part of the Pseudepigrapha (NWNTI:22). It dates 1st century AD.]

From the introduction in CASA: "The messianic figure in chs 11-12 is described as of Davidic origin, pre-existent, Son of Man (in the Dan 7 tradition), the Elect One (as in 1 Enoch), and a Second Moses." (CASA: xxxi).

1st Maccabees, generally considered the LEAST messianic (maybe even anti-messianic) of the OT Apoc, still has mild statements recognizing the need for, and expected appearance of, the 'trustworthy prophet' of Deut 18.15. Compare:

1 Macc 4.46: "and stored the stones (sacred altar stones) in a convenient place on the temple hill until a prophet should come to tell what to do with them."
1 Macc 9.27: "So there was great distress in Israel, such as had not been since the time that prophets ceased to appear among them."
1 Macc 14.41: "The Jews and their priests have resolved that Simon should be their leader and high priest forever, until a trustworthy prophet should arise."
bmz

Location hidden

#177296 May 23, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
ROFL.
You're stupid!
Why do you ROFL and lol so much for nothing, silly young fool?

Location hidden

#177297 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I will address your junk and stuff later but first, let me have the link to the Jerusalem Post, where I can read that Horse shit.
And may I ask why do you worship Jesus, who sent woes after woes upon the Jews and cursed them?
Qur'aan warned us not take folks like you as sincere friends. A good advice indeed! You can never be our sincere friend.
If you meet me one day and introduce yourself to me by saying, "Hi, dear BMZ, I am Shamma!"
I will say, "Away from me you, Bigot!"
You Bull-shit.
Your Allah god is not the God of the Jews.
Jerusalem Times:
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/are-god-and-al...
turk_power

Elazig, Turkey

#177298 May 23, 2013
kandoor wrote:
Why did allah create shaytan?
because of we are in a big exam.end of this exam we will win heaven or hell.if you choose shaytan's way you will go to hell.if you choose ALLAH's way you will go heaven.ALLAH gives the decision to us.This is the exam.Make your choose!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loner wiccan Oct 1 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep 25 de_sheets 3
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep '17 dirt reynolds 121
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep '17 ABBB 54
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep '17 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
More from around the web