Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 247615 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#177224 May 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
And what business do you OR I have to tell someone of another religious path that their path is wrong?(ok - I admit - I did imply something about Christianity - but that was in the context of a defense of Islam)
Thank you, Frijoles.

bmz

Singapore

#177225 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Frijoles,
Let me explain why I now believe the New Testament or at least most of it. After all, it consists of people merely retelling a story, so there are bound to be discrepancies as that's how any retold story goes, but the heart of the matter is still there.
I found the New Testament as confusing as most. I was taught this in the first 8 years of Catholic school that I went to. And after that, I slowly started to think it was all nonsense. Then I turned to reading gurus, philosophers and mystics. Past ones like Buddha and Lao Tzu, and even present ones like Osho, who I respect the least, and Jiddhu Krishnamurti, who I respect a lot and my favorite, Anthony de Mello.
When I understood what they were saying, and then I read the Gospels again, I had a totally different understanding of what Jesus was saying.
Forget about whether he was actually the Son of God or not, and forget about his miracles because anybody can claim that these were merely false stories.
What struck me was the wisdom that I now saw behind his statements. This guy was a mystic, to say the least. But what struck me the most was that if it was merely people inventing these things that he said, from that culture at that time, I thought, how did anybody know this sort of wisdom from that time and culture? They didn't know anything like this in their culture and these were completely foreign ideas to the Jewish culture.
So who would have the wisdom and knowledge to make these saying up? Especially when people of that culture still never understood what his words were talking about even after they were written? And they still don't even understand it today.
But gurus and mystics have no problem understanding what he was saying, whether they believe he was the Son of God or not. The ironic part is that I could find a well trained Buddhist or Toaist that can understand his words better than 99% of Christians do. So this is what I found to be extremely odd, and made me start to take a second look at it. But one has to understand concepts of gurus or mystics to understand what Jesus was supposedly really saying.
Again, I prove nothing, nor could I ever. I can only use reason to make my case. That's all that anybody but the deluded person can do.
I find Jesus' sayings very easy to understand and one does not have to be a Guru or mystic to understand what he said and meant.

For example, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head", does need the help of a Guru or mystic to understand that. In short, he meant, "I have no home". However, that line shows that Jesus definitely sat in the company of Indian Gurus or Persian learned men.

The problem is that the men who sat in the company of Jesus, were not wise and learned.

bmz

Singapore

#177226 May 23, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ ProFiTSeeKeR. A little known fact about your beloved Jesus(pbuh).He,as a carpenter, was produceing amoung other things, crosses for the romans to crucify His fellow jews upon!LOL! A little known fact stripped from the scriptures of the blessed Jesus(pbuh)! CheerZ
lol!

It is quite possible that he was producing defective/collapsible crosses, saving a few, who were put on the weak crosses and that might have pissed off the Romans.

By the way, Junior, only one heel with a spike, has been found in the entire Israel during excavation.

You will e surprised to know that they have not found even one skull at Golgotha.

bmz

Singapore

#177227 May 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
"When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no-one who believes in me should stay in darkness."
—John 12:44-46
Thanks for confirming that he was not the one, who had sent him.

And that is why he said the least quoted verse: "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

It was great to see you bursting the bubble that Jesus was God.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177228 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Frjoles
Christianity is pagan. Just filled in the blank.
My sentiment exactly, bro.
Frijoles' posts have been a breath of fresh air.
Salaams, bro. Alex.

bmz

Singapore

#177229 May 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
and you are still a moron

does anything change?
Nothing changes because he will always remain one.

bmz

Singapore

#177230 May 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is God Alex and you are too ignorant to comprehend that.
Not that Horse Shit again, Shamma.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177231 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that Horse Shit again, Shamma.
Do you realise what Shamma had done by saying...Jesus is God Alex!!!
He has given me divinity!!

In other words...the name for God Alex is Jesus!!!!
God Alex...I like that name...as why not be a Pagan god than a human Christian..lol...

bmz

Singapore

#177233 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Salaams, bro. Alex.
Indeed! I was touched.

I have been on Christian forums, bro and forums, where members of the Jewish faith have been refuting Christianity and not a single Jewish person wrote against Islam or the Muslims. In fact, they supported our beliefs, which are similar to theirs.

Leaving politics aside, each declared Islam as a monotheistic religion.

Both the Jews and the Muslims are fiercely monotheistic and the Jews know very well that Muslims worship only the God of Abraham.

Salaams
BMZ
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177234 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I find Jesus' sayings very easy to understand and one does not have to be a Guru or mystic to understand what he said and meant.
LOL!!! So you think. You are one of the most shallow thinkers in this place.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
For example, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head", does need the help of a Guru or mystic to understand that. In short, he meant, "I have no home".
LOL!!!
http://k33st3r.tumblr.com/post/589040005/the-...
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
However, that line shows that Jesus definitely sat in the company of Indian Gurus or Persian learned men.
Why would you say that when you don't even understand it?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the men who sat in the company of Jesus, were not wise and learned.
Says the wise man who is as deep as a baby pool with a baby turd in it.. LOL!!!

You might just be one of the more stupid people I have ever met, but I'll admit, that Alex 123 WM far exceeds you, and he's even proud of it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177235 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realise what Shamma had done by saying...Jesus is God Alex!!!
He has given me divinity!!
In other words...the name for God Alex is Jesus!!!!
God Alex...I like that name...as why not be a Pagan god than a human Christian..lol...
WOW!!! You REALLY ARE this stupid, aren't you. Amazing!!!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177236 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing changes because he will always remain one.
Here is the nest questions to Shamma and that coward jesus freak "sick seeker"....

- Is Jesus your God?
- What is the religion of Jesus? Did he ever deny Judaism and say "I am No longer a Jew by faith"? LOL

...Now that gets them running to the toilet.....

I love the fact that our fellow monotheist Jewish cousins survived many atrocities and are living to tell the tale, while sincerely apologising for any atrocities committed against them by ignorant Muslims over the past 1400 years although these pale into insignificance compared with "Christian" atrocities. But an atrocity is an atrocity...irrespective of numbers.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177237 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trinity is a post-Jesus confusion developed by foreigners.
Funny how you only quoted the first part of my post. Weasel.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177238 May 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are still a moron
does anything change?
Jerusalem Times:

Judaism and Christianity share much in common. For example, both Christians and Jews believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Yet, some Jews think Judaism has more in common with Islam than with Christianity. Why? Allah is a singular deity, and not part of a triune, therefore they view both religions as monotheistic. This is a naively oversimplified view.

When one looks into the theology of the three religions there are clear distinctions which do not support the ‘same god’ view. For example, a foundational tenet which is shared by Judaism and Christianity is the Ten Commandments. The first commandment says “I am the Lord your God.” Commandment #2 says “you are to have no other gods before me.” In contrast, the Shadahah [Islamic statement of faith] says “There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is his messenger.” If “God” and “Allah” are one and the same why does Islam identify him distinctly, and say his [only] messenger is Mohammed, rather than including Moses or Jesus?

What the Quran Says

The dissimilarities become clearer as reflected in these quotes from the Quran-
•“Allah turned Sabbath breaking Jews into apes”[2:65-66]
•“Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities.”[4:51]
•”Jews and Christians are evil-livers.”[5:59]
•“Don’t take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do Allah will consider you to be one of them.”[5:51]

To those who say God and Allah are the same, by virtue of the aforementioned quotes from the Quran does it make sense that Jews and Christians should worship a god who curses them? Another quote from the Quran which Christians should pay special attention to is “no son did Allah beget”[23:91] Given this, one has to wonder why any Jew or Christian would suggest we all pray to the same god.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177239 May 23, 2013
Note:

Here is the next set of questions to Shamma nd that coward jesus freak "sick seeker"....

- Is Jesus your God?
- What is the religion of Jesus? Did he ever deny Judaism and say "I am No longer a Jew by faith"? LOL

...Now that gets them running to the toilet.....

I love the fact that our fellow monotheist Jewish cousins survived many atrocities and are living to tell the tale, while sincerely apologising for any atrocities committed against them by ignorant Muslims over the past 1400 years although these pale into insignificance compared with "Christian" atrocities. But an atrocity is an atrocity...irrespective of numbers.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177240 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You get VERy excited by tiny things...awww...girlie boy.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177241 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop hiding...and face a few simple question, weasel.
"....

- Is Jesus your God?
- What is the religion of Jesus? Did he ever deny Judaism and say "I am No longer a Jew by faith"?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177242 May 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerusalem Times:
Judaism and Christianity share much in common. For example, both Christians and Jews believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Yet, some Jews think Judaism has more in common with Islam than with Christianity. Why? Allah is a singular deity, and not part of a triune, therefore they view both religions as monotheistic. This is a naively oversimplified view.
When one looks into the theology of the three religions there are clear distinctions which do not support the ‘same god’ view. For example, a foundational tenet which is shared by Judaism and Christianity is the Ten Commandments. The first commandment says “I am the Lord your God.” Commandment #2 says “you are to have no other gods before me.” In contrast, the Shadahah [Islamic statement of faith] says “There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is his messenger.” If “God” and “Allah” are one and the same why does Islam identify him distinctly, and say his [only] messenger is Mohammed, rather than including Moses or Jesus?
What the Quran Says
The dissimilarities become clearer as reflected in these quotes from the Quran-
•“Allah turned Sabbath breaking Jews into apes”[2:65-66]
•“Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities.”[4:51]
•”Jews and Christians are evil-livers.”[5:59]
•“Don’t take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do Allah will consider you to be one of them.”[5:51]
To those who say God and Allah are the same, by virtue of the aforementioned quotes from the Quran does it make sense that Jews and Christians should worship a god who curses them? Another quote from the Quran which Christians should pay special attention to is “no son did Allah beget”[23:91] Given this, one has to wonder why any Jew or Christian would suggest we all pray to the same god.
LOL!!!
God of Abraham is NOT a WHITE naked paganm SATAN oozing off a phallus seducing women to bite his meat and drink his bodily juices including blood.

While you are at it..please answer this...

- Did Jesus say he was your God?

Thanmk you Shamma. I must give you credit for atleast replying.
Thanks.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#177243 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, bro. Alex.
bmz--Thank you, Frjoles
Christianity is pagan. Just filled in the blank.

Alex---My sentiment exactly, bro.
Frijoles' posts have been a breath of FRESH AIR.
Salaams, bro. Alex.

HughBe--- Dear Alex, upon reading your post doubts descended upon me and my judgment of you. Prior to now I thought that you knew how FRESH AIR smells.

Regards.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177244 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! So you think. You are one of the most shallow thinkers in this place.
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
http://k33st3r.tumblr.com/post/589040005/the-...
<quoted text>
Why would you say that when you don't even understand it?
<quoted text>
Says the wise man who is as deep as a baby pool with a baby turd in it.. LOL!!!
You might just be one of the more stupid people I have ever met, but I'll admit, that Alex 123 WM far exceeds you, and he's even proud of it.
Bmz is shallow...frijoles is stupid, the "GREAT Alex God" is a freak....and you are the bees kneed b*ll*cks!!!!
Pathetic little sh*t.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Patrick 4,259
Interesting Satanic site Tue Believer 3
Beltane Celebrations in Wv, Ky, or Oh (Feb '09) Apr 25 Donna 22
News The Return of the Invisible World Apr 24 Amberhawk 1
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Apr 23 Seo1 12
Sex and sexuality in paganism (Aug '07) Apr 16 proudpaganwitch 14
Strange smell lingering Apr 7 Celeste 1
More from around the web