Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256424 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177241 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! You REALLY ARE this stupid, aren't you. Amazing!!!
Stop hiding...and face a few simple question, weasel.
"....

- Is Jesus your God?
- What is the religion of Jesus? Did he ever deny Judaism and say "I am No longer a Jew by faith"?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177242 May 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerusalem Times:
Judaism and Christianity share much in common. For example, both Christians and Jews believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Yet, some Jews think Judaism has more in common with Islam than with Christianity. Why? Allah is a singular deity, and not part of a triune, therefore they view both religions as monotheistic. This is a naively oversimplified view.
When one looks into the theology of the three religions there are clear distinctions which do not support the ‘same god’ view. For example, a foundational tenet which is shared by Judaism and Christianity is the Ten Commandments. The first commandment says “I am the Lord your God.” Commandment #2 says “you are to have no other gods before me.” In contrast, the Shadahah [Islamic statement of faith] says “There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is his messenger.” If “God” and “Allah” are one and the same why does Islam identify him distinctly, and say his [only] messenger is Mohammed, rather than including Moses or Jesus?
What the Quran Says
The dissimilarities become clearer as reflected in these quotes from the Quran-
•“Allah turned Sabbath breaking Jews into apes”[2:65-66]
•“Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities.”[4:51]
•”Jews and Christians are evil-livers.”[5:59]
•“Don’t take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do Allah will consider you to be one of them.”[5:51]
To those who say God and Allah are the same, by virtue of the aforementioned quotes from the Quran does it make sense that Jews and Christians should worship a god who curses them? Another quote from the Quran which Christians should pay special attention to is “no son did Allah beget”[23:91] Given this, one has to wonder why any Jew or Christian would suggest we all pray to the same god.
LOL!!!
God of Abraham is NOT a WHITE naked paganm SATAN oozing off a phallus seducing women to bite his meat and drink his bodily juices including blood.

While you are at it..please answer this...

- Did Jesus say he was your God?
- What is the religion of Jesus? Did he ever deny Judaism and say "I am No longer a Jew by faith"? LOL

Thanmk you Shamma. I must give you credit for atleast replying.
Thanks.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#177243 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
My sentiment exactly, bro.
Frijoles' posts have been a breath of fresh air.
Salaams, bro. Alex.
bmz--Thank you, Frjoles
Christianity is pagan. Just filled in the blank.

Alex---My sentiment exactly, bro.
Frijoles' posts have been a breath of FRESH AIR.
Salaams, bro. Alex.

HughBe--- Dear Alex, upon reading your post doubts descended upon me and my judgment of you. Prior to now I thought that you knew how FRESH AIR smells.

Regards.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177244 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! So you think. You are one of the most shallow thinkers in this place.
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
http://k33st3r.tumblr.com/post/589040005/the-...
<quoted text>
Why would you say that when you don't even understand it?
<quoted text>
Says the wise man who is as deep as a baby pool with a baby turd in it.. LOL!!!
You might just be one of the more stupid people I have ever met, but I'll admit, that Alex 123 WM far exceeds you, and he's even proud of it.
Bmz is shallow...frijoles is stupid, the "GREAT Alex God" is a freak....and you are the bees kneed b*ll*cks!!!!
Pathetic little sh*t.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177245 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! I was touched.
I have been on Christian forums, bro and forums, where members of the Jewish faith have been refuting Christianity and not a single Jewish person wrote against Islam or the Muslims. In fact, they supported our beliefs, which are similar to theirs.
Leaving politics aside, each declared Islam as a monotheistic religion.
Both the Jews and the Muslims are fiercely monotheistic and the Jews know very well that Muslims worship only the God of Abraham.
Salaams
BMZ
Jews in Jerusalem say the Muslim Allah god is not the God of Israel.
Jerusalem Times:

Judaism and Christianity share much in common. For example, both Christians and Jews believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Yet, some Jews think Judaism has more in common with Islam than with Christianity. Why? Allah is a singular deity, and not part of a triune, therefore they view both religions as monotheistic. This is a naively oversimplified view.

When one looks into the theology of the three religions there are clear distinctions which do not support the ‘same god’ view. For example, a foundational tenet which is shared by Judaism and Christianity is the Ten Commandments. The first commandment says “I am the Lord your God.” Commandment #2 says “you are to have no other gods before me.” In contrast, the Shadahah [Islamic statement of faith] says “There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is his messenger.” If “God” and “Allah” are one and the same why does Islam identify him distinctly, and say his [only] messenger is Mohammed, rather than including Moses or Jesus?

What the Quran Says

•“Don’t take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do Allah will consider you to be one of them.”[5:51]

To those who say God and Allah are the same, by virtue of the aforementioned quotes from the Quran does it make sense that Jews and Christians should worship a god who curses them? Another quote from the Quran which Christians should pay special attention to is “no son did Allah beget”[23:91] Given this, one has to wonder why any Jew or Christian would suggest we all pray to the same god.

Location hidden

#177246 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
God of Abraham is NOT a WHITE naked paganm SATAN oozing off a phallus seducing women to bite his meat and drink his bodily juices including blood.
While you are at it..please answer this...
- What is the religion of Jesus? Did he ever deny Judaism and say "I am No longer a Jew by faith"? LOL
Thanmk you Shamma. I must give you credit for atleast replying.
Thanks.
Jerusalem Times:

What the Quran Says

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177247 May 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
bmz--Thank you, Frjoles
Christianity is pagan. Just filled in the blank.
Alex---My sentiment exactly, bro.
Frijoles' posts have been a breath of FRESH AIR.
Salaams, bro. Alex.
HughBe--- Dear Alex, upon reading your post doubts descended upon me and my judgment of you. Prior to now I thought that you knew how FRESH AIR smells.
Regards.
Dear HughBe....Hope you are well.
I am sorry I have offended your feelings in some ways, but Frijoles has made some very valid comments defending Monotheism.

Yes we have our differences in our approach to our respective religions but we are united in worshipping only ONE God - the God of Abraham, Noah and Adam without assigning partners of equals.

I am not commenting here about how the religion is being practised or your valid comments about "man made" changes to some of the scriptures, but addressing our common denominatora and the simple and overarching belief....
There can only be ONE God, not two three or four.

Thanks HughBe.
Peace.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177248 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
Note:
Here is the next set of questions to Shamma nd that coward jesus freak "sick seeker"....
I don't answer any of your posts anyway, except to ridicule you. You are too stupid to have any serious conversation with.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#177249 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! So you think. You are one of the most shallow thinkers in this place.
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
http://k33st3r.tumblr.com/post/589040005/the-...
<quoted text>
Why would you say that when you don't even understand it?
<quoted text>
Says the wise man who is as deep as a baby pool with a baby turd in it.. LOL!!!
You might just be one of the more stupid people I have ever met, but I'll admit, that Alex 123 WM far exceeds you, and he's even proud of it.
Cop Out and that was a criminal waste of the precious bandwidth, Seeker.

Location hidden

#177250 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing changes because he will always remain one.
The Jews in Jerusalem would view Frijolie as an Jew idiot.

Jerusalem Times:

What the Quran Says

bmz

Location hidden

#177251 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realise what Shamma had done by saying...Jesus is God Alex!!!

He has given me divinity!!

In other words...the name for God Alex is Jesus!!!!

God Alex...I like that name...as why not be a Pagan god than a human Christian..lol...
Oh, yes! Thanks for bring that up, God Alex. lol!

That is how divinity of Jesus came through confused ignorant fools, who never sat in the company of the learned and the wise.

Location hidden

#177252 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming that he was not the one, who had sent him.
And that is why he said the least quoted verse: "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
It was great to see you bursting the bubble that Jesus was God.
Jesus is God.
There is only One God.

Jerusalem Times:

What the Quran Says

Location hidden

#177253 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes! Thanks for bring that up, God Alex. lol!
That is how divinity of Jesus came through confused ignorant fools, who never sat in the company of the learned and the wise.
Jesus is God.
There is only One God.

Jerusalem Times:

What the Quran Says

bmz

Location hidden

#177254 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the nest questions to Shamma and that coward jesus freak "sick seeker"....

- Is Jesus your God?

...Now that gets them running to the toilet.....

I love the fact that our fellow monotheist Jewish cousins survived many atrocities and are living to tell the tale, while sincerely apologising for any atrocities committed against them by ignorant Muslims over the past 1400 years although these pale into insignificance compared with "Christian" atrocities. But an atrocity is an atrocity...irrespective of numbers.
Those are tough questions for Christians but for us, no.

In fact, Jesus never renounced his religion and affirmed that salvation of his people would come only through Judaism.

Remember what he told the Samaritan woman at the well?

"Jesus replied,“Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem.

You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews.

But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.

For God is spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.” "
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177255 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't answer any of your posts anyway, except to ridicule you. You are too stupid to have any serious conversation with.
You are incapable of answering anything because you suffer from jesu-phrenia!

Who is he...man or god? god or man..? half man... half god? LOL...

Come on weasel...make and attempt to answer these...

- Is Jesus your God?

or are you ready for your "comfort" break again?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177256 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear HughBe....Hope you are well.
I am sorry I have offended your feelings in some ways,
Oh shut up. You don't care about offending anyone, even yourself, although you have no idea that you even do that.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#177257 May 23, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

There can only be ONE God, not two three or four.
Why not?

What's the hard logic behind this claim of there being only one God?

I can understand solid reasoning referring to the ultimate reality being singular with the universe being a graduated manifestation of it but where this G-d or God business is concerned why should there be just one G-d or God and why should there not be many competing beings each calling itself G-d or God - a fact which is also mentioned in scriptures claiming to be monotheistic.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#177258 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

For God is spirit.
What do you mean by the term "spirit"?

How does it relate to consciousness, energy and matter?

(smiles)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#177259 May 23, 2013
I'm surprised that Hugh considers/considered Alex sane. Well, both are sailing in the same creaky boat, a case of birds of a feather fu-ck together. LOL.
bmz

Location hidden

#177260 May 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews in Jerusalem would view Frijolie as an Jew idiot.
Jerusalem Times:
What the Quran Says
To those who say God and Allah are the same, by virtue of the aforementioned quotes from the Quran does it make sense that Jews and Christians should worship a god who curses them?

Another quote from the Quran which Christians should pay special attention to is “no son did Allah beget”[23:91] Given this, one has to wonder why any Jew or Christian would suggest we all pray to the same god.
I will address your junk and stuff later but first, let me have the link to the Jerusalem Post, where I can read that Horse shit.

And may I ask why do you worship Jesus, who sent woes after woes upon the Jews and cursed them?

Qur'aan warned us not take folks like you as sincere friends. A good advice indeed! You can never be our sincere friend.

If you meet me one day and introduce yourself to me by saying, "Hi, dear BMZ, I am Shamma!"

I will say, "Away from me you, Bigot!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) May 6 Largosmokey 9
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) May 5 Grami 9
An Occult site i just published, would love fee... (Jun '06) May 5 Grami 6
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) May 4 Eagle 12 - 856
News Transgender inmate sues prison over witchcraft ... Apr '18 TerriB1 1
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Apr '18 helpful links 22
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Mar '18 Apittman010 480