Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,554

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177102 May 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not defending the belief system of Islam, I am defending their right to believe what they want as long as it doesnt infringe on me. In real life I get along with all peoples, but I dont get the sense others here do the same.
I am also stating its not my role to evaluate the logical consistency of another religion.
Though sometimes I do that here if pushed - as in the case of THUNK/THINK/SEPTIC/SKEPTIC/SHA MMA who I find just so dumb that at times that a little push back is in order. I have done the same to the occasional Muslim poster here as well. But mainly my criticism at that point is more along the lines that people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones....
You are confused Frijolie.
You won't take responsibility of your own words.
You defend Islams false notion that it has a right to murder non-Muslims that reject their religion of Islam.

Every one has a right to worship as they please, but you make an exception for Muslims defending their false right to murder those that reject Islam.

You do not make that distinction.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177103 May 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not going round and round. You made things up by writing the hebrew deity as YHWH, inventing that the letter v h etc didnt exist in Hebrew and you were corrected.
<quoted text>
But Muhammad since childhood tripped with his uncle in different places, and let's not forget that Waraqa was a Christian and maybe a priest from Makkah, and he was the one who told to Muhammad that the angel that supposedly visited him is Gabriel.
Anyway keep lying.
It's interesting, although Muslims seem to consistently be the stupidest people on the planet, they can at least be honest about regular things in life. I can trust a Muslim not to steal. But as soon as religion comes up, they turn into the biggest liars on the planet, and they consistently do this. Between the lying and outright stupidity, rational conversation becomes impossible with them.

I can't figure out exactly what it is about Islam that makes them so stupid and dishonest, but there is a definite pattern. Maybe they are just following Muhammad's example, and it's his fault, not theirs. That's all that I can figure.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177104 May 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Under ordinary circumstances, we come into contact with the universal force fields through the ovoid - shaped circumconscient that radiates from the body up to a few feet with an array of fast-moving colors that reflect the dynamics of the different states of being...When the yoga takes off with the reversal of the consciousness and its subsequent opening up then we contact the various universal force fields via the activated psychic that comes to the forefront from its station behind the human equivalents of the mind, vital and physical force fields...
Would you mind terrible if I ask you WTF this has to do with the topic? Seems like we always see your "unconscious" mind rather than your "conscious" one. I'm surprised that your unconscious or non existent mind knows how to type.

Location hidden

#177105 May 22, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a little liar Shamma.
You keep referring to "God"....but in your mind that "God" is a white naked pagan satan who is oozing from a phallus begging women to bite his meat and drink his bodily juices and blood.
That is NOT God, shamma
Your own words show you are an idiot.

Location hidden

#177106 May 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
The being in each one of us has several aspects - inconscient, subconscient, circumconscient, frontal, subliminal, superconscient, transcendental and absolute.
Where does all of what you say come from Joe?
If we have all of those qualities, where did they come from?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#177107 May 22, 2013
GABRIEL, WARAQA & MUHAMMAD:

This so-called angel who supposedly appeared to Muhammad never claimed to be Gabriel! This came later on. His uncle Waraqa said it was Gabriel, not Muhammad. Why didn't Gabriel mention his name to Muhammad? Again, how come Gabriel told Muhammad to read when he was illiterate? Waraqa, a so-called Christian, is wrong too, because Gabriel never appeared to Moses. Even the Quran says that Allah appeared to Moses. LOL.

Location hidden

#177108 May 22, 2013
MUHAMMAD'S REVELATIONS ACCOMPANIED BY ADVERSE MANIFESTATIONS:

1) After a spell of shivering and shutting his eyes, there used to come over Muhammad what resembled a swoon, HIS MOUTH WOULD FOAM, AND HE WOULD ROAR LIKE A YOUNG CAMEL.

2) Umar ibnu'l Khattab says: "When inspiration descended on the Apostle of Allah, there used to be heard near his face as it were the buzzing of bees."

("Mizanu'l Haqq" by C.G. Pfander D.D., pp. 345-356)

COMMENTS: Signs of a malevolent (demonic) vital being (El or Allah) possessing Muhammad. The basis of Islam is evil. Same for Judaism.

Location hidden

#177109 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot judge people by Jesus' model.
To die and let the work unfinished might be great for individual level but there is no message for the public.
To stand for truth and fight evil and subdue it and establish the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is much more worthy that show a few miracles, give some good speeches and let yourself be killed like a petty criminal.
And then there is no ground work to protect your teaching as an "outsider" poses as Super Apostle and hijacks your entire teachings and replaces it with his own philosophy?
To subdue forces of evil and leave a truthful following of more than 100,000 followers that stick to your message is much harder job.
So there is no comparison between Jesus and our prophet. You are comparing an apple against an orange!!
PS:
What i wrote about jesus was just to counter your argument.
In Islam we are not allowed to pit one prophet against another.
Every prophet is equally honorable to us. Each one was given a specific mission and they fulfilled their mission to perfection.
Jesus was the Last Prophet from Isaac's lineage sent to jews. He was to deliver a Final Warning to jews and give Good News of approaching Kingdom of Heavens.
His life and his mission was short. God took him to heavens before his enemies could take him.
We revere and we respect jesus much more than you can even imagine. But he was not the last prophet of God and jesus himself testified to this many times during his short ministry.
I seek Allah's Pardon if I have inadvertently said anything which is not befitting the exalted position of jesus, a prophet of Islam
God placed His laws in the heart and mind of those that have faith in God.
Muhammad is not needed because Gods way is the best way.
God is Spirit and we must worship God in the Spirit of God.
Did Muhammad explain that to Muslims?
NO!

What is James Saying?

James is simply saying that if you ‘say' you are a Christian, then there had better be some appropriate works manifested or your faith is false. This sentiment is echoed in 1 John 2:4 which says, "If you say you have come to know Him, yet you do not keep His commandments, then the truth is not in you and you are a liar."

Apparently, there were people who were saying they were Christians, but were not manifesting any of the fruit of Christianity. Can this faith justify? Can the dead ‘faith' that someone has which produces no change in a person and no good works before men and God be a faith that justifies? Absolutely not. It is not merely enough to say you believe in Jesus. You must actually believe and trust in Him. If you actually do, then you will demonstrate that faith by a changed and godly life. If not, then your profession is of no more value than the same profession of demons: "We believe Jesus lived."

Notice that James actually quotes the same verse that Paul uses to support the teaching of justification by faith in Rom. 4:3. James 2:23 says, "and the Scripture was fulfilled which says,‘and Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.'" If James was trying to teach a contradictory doctrine of faith and works than the other New Testament writers, then he would not have used Abraham as an example.

Therefore, we are justified by faith. That is, we are made righteous in the eyes of God by faith as is amply demonstrated by Romans. However, that faith, if it is true, will result in deeds appropriate to salvation. After all, didn't God say in Eph. 2:8-10, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177110 May 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
GABRIEL, WARAQA & MUHAMMAD:
This so-called angel who supposedly appeared to Muhammad never claimed to be Gabriel! This came later on. His uncle Waraqa said it was Gabriel, not Muhammad. Why didn't Gabriel mention his name to Muhammad? Again, how come Gabriel told Muhammad to read when he was illiterate? Waraqa, a so-called Christian, is wrong too, because Gabriel never appeared to Moses. Even the Quran says that Allah appeared to Moses. LOL.
Gabriel would make the first announcement to the Jews that the Messiah had arrived. Their conversation would be identified by a physical sign, mispronouncing words, pointing to his left to a garden and mixing up the plural. This occurred 31 years ago and Gabriel is a woman and her name is Gabrielle. She then informed Rabbi Snitzer and he and the Messiah then also had a conversation which is also foretold. Gabrielle was a friend of John, the Messisahs' next door neighbor who also witnessed the drummer boy.

Location hidden

#177111 May 22, 2013
"When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no-one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

—John 12:44-46

Jesus often spoke in parables and used allegories. Here he speaks of himself as a gate and a shepherd, and his followers as sheep.

"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

—John 10:10

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

—John 10:11

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep."

—John 10:4

This ‘laying down’ of his life was a voluntary act based on his own authority.

"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No-one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again."

—John 10:17

The ‘life in full’ that Jesus came to provide includes the assurance here and now of the life to come:

Location hidden

#177112 May 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Where does all of what you say come from Joe?

If we have all of those qualities, where did they come from?
From where did the inconscient, subconscient, circumconscient, frontal, subliminal, superconscient, transcendental and absolute come from?

They are aspects of the unified field of consciousness-energy.

Location hidden

#177113 May 22, 2013
Chengiz Khan transmuted the shamanic messages from his god Il-Tengri into a trail of battlefield victories founding a far-flung empire, which disintegrated a few generations later.

Location hidden

#177114 May 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
From where did the inconscient, subconscient, circumconscient, frontal, subliminal, superconscient, transcendental and absolute come from?
They are aspects of the unified field of consciousness-energy.
The unified field of consciousness-energy is the light of God.
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

—John 8:12

"When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no-one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

—John 12:44-46

Location hidden

#177115 May 22, 2013
BRAIN DEFECTS OF MUHAMMAD:

Of Mohammed's physical traits, one which draws the attention is that he suffered chronic headaches, which he tried to remedy by bleeding himself in two veins in his neck.

- Dr. Somers in his book Een Andere Mohammed.

COMMENT: Brain defect - headaches, foaming at the mouth and tremors.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177116 May 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are coping out Rabbe.
You didn't have the integrity to refuse the forbidden fruit from Eve, now you are coping out again rabbee.
You put yourself to death rabbee.
Now you are blaming God.
You are a loser rabbee.
rabbee: well i have existed, for tens of billions of years longer than you. because you all, think i am stupid. and why would i blame G-D, for what all you did to your grandmother again.

and if you think the forbidden fruit, is all that bad. then why are you all, still eating it? man i stopped eating, that crap in 1994.

and so what if i a the loser in your own mind, that has survived more Torot times than any of you. cause you all think, i am sooo stupid for repenting to TheG-D of TheTorah here in IT.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#177117 May 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the Quran, and the Bible and I have the right to express my opinion. Most people who have read those books agree with me that Muhammad have plagiarized the Biblical god, and at the same time added different things. But then you have no read the Quran...
<quoted text>
Huh? Is there such thing as acting italian? Do all Italians act in the same way? Not just your sentence makes no sense, but even as example is totally clueless.
<quoted text>
It would be helpful if you learn what arrogant means, first. Also even if I was arrogant, what does it matter if what I said is correct?
Re: acting Italian - thats EXACTLY my point. Its absurd as you telling a Muslim or me what he or I is worshipping. Connect the dots

Arrogance: Obviously you were not brought up with manners. cant help you there.

re:Koran - You go beyond expressing your opinion. You are telling people what they think.

Location hidden

#177118 May 22, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i have existed, for tens of billions of years longer than you. because you all, think i am stupid. and why would i blame G-D, for what all you did to your grandmother again.
and if you think the forbidden fruit, is all that bad. then why are you all, still eating it? man i stopped eating, that crap in 1994.
and so what if i a the loser in your own mind, that has survived more Torot times than any of you. cause you all think, i am sooo stupid for repenting to TheG-D of TheTorah here in IT.
Bul-shit rabbee, you are just a punk that wants attention.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177120 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting, although Muslims seem to consistently be the stupidest people on the planet, they can at least be honest about regular things in life. I can trust a Muslim not to steal. But as soon as religion comes up, they turn into the biggest liars on the planet, and they consistently do this. Between the lying and outright stupidity, rational conversation becomes impossible with them.
I can't figure out exactly what it is about Islam that makes them so stupid and dishonest, but there is a definite pattern. Maybe they are just following Muhammad's example, and it's his fault, not theirs. That's all that I can figure.
I bet Freud would have hard time to figure out the roots or causes of their behaviours.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177121 May 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: acting Italian - thats EXACTLY my point. Its absurd as you telling a Muslim or me what he or I is worshipping. Connect the dots
Arrogance: Obviously you were not brought up with manners. cant help you there.
re:Koran - You go beyond expressing your opinion. You are telling people what they think.
Yawn
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177122 May 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Bul-shit rabbee, you are just a punk that wants attention.
rabbee: na! if i wanted, attention that bad. i would not be with TheG-D you all pay, no attention to. but i just do not want to be, with all the other g-ds you all are actually paying attention to.

i am not about to worship, even the other g-ds of your unholy high priest obama, or any of your other unholy elected high priest of your washington san-hedreen. i do not see a whole hell of a lot difference, between them and the one two thousand years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Dec 22 thefinestallmoved... 18
torn sash Dec 21 Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov '14 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
More from around the web