Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,340

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#177081 May 22, 2013
Aiyesha wrote:
01. I doubt your claim because of the FACTS as recorded by MUSLIM historians.

THEY MAKE THE CASE QUITE CONVINCINGLY that YOUR "prophet" was no COMFORTER to his contemporaries that he despoiled of their properties because they rejected him as false, or the ones that he killed, enslaved, and expelled from Arabia, with malice and aforethought, and all with "Allah's" approval, or so he said.

02. You, being willfully blind, JUSTIFY such conduct that TODAY would be prosecuted as unjustified and criminal, and for no other reason than that Mohammad CLAIMED to be a prophet, while his Quran, which he also CLAIMED was the very word of "Allah," is a cobbled together hack job of "borrowed" source material -Hebrew, Christian, Arabian- that is at the same time replete with contradictions of logic, fact, and history, as any OBJECTIVE reader of the Quran would note.

Put another way, MUQ, you'd rather not think at all about what it is that you actually believe.

After all, Mohammad knows best.
Ans.

01. You got the wrong meaning of the word "Comforter". It was not our prophet who started the persecution.

He and his followers were persecuted for more than thirteen years and even when he fled to Madina there were both open and veiled threats from Makkah people.

So he had to take up sword to defend his faith and his followers.

And the fights which followed were the "most peaceful" the world has ever seen. With a loss of life less than 1000 (on both side) in 10 years the whole of Arabia was transformed from Paganism to Islam and the change was for ever.

What else Comforter means?

02. US occupation of Iraq and its bombings on Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and everywhere else is 'Legal and justified" and our prophet's actions against Pagan Arabs are not justified?

I do not know by which standard you judge the conduct of our prophet?

03. Any "objective" reader of Quran would learn True concept of God and His attributes and start preparation for the Hereafter.

I do not know what are your "objectives" in reading Quran?

You just 'gloss over" the most important portions it seems!!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177082 May 22, 2013
*** How many shepherds lay down their life for sheep? It makes no sense! What is the job description of shepherds?

*** Just because a nutcase called BJ created by writers of John, tells you he has authority does not mean he has authority...he was just a nutcase who was got rid of.

*** Cant you see that BJ is a depressive, suicidal mainac?

*** Is BJ the lamb? How can "lamb" become the suicidal shepherd?

***Do you believe that "st" paul knew anything about Gospel of John?

Would he approve gossip of john written after his death?

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.”(Ephesians 5:22)

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”(1 Peter 2:18)
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177083 May 22, 2013
BJ as worshipped today is the "epitome" of sexism, oppression and slavery...

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”(1 Peter 2:18)

SEXISM....the christian god sends his "son"(MAN) to save all humans because a "daughter" (WOMAN) is bad news especially when she played with Satan's "serpent"...(or "adam's apple or was it banana?)

SLAVERY... what is the bottom line?
The "born sinners" such as BLACKS..BROWNS..YELLOWS..MIXED .. and other races are being blackmailed into worhipping a WHITE naked pagan satan on a phallus who is supposed to "save" these inferior races.

Makes sense? You tell me.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#177084 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why would you ever defend Islam? Why would you defend something that is such a clearly provable lie? Anytime science discovers something new that contradicts the Quran, you watch Muslims scramble around reinterpreting the Quran to MAKE it fit the new discovery.
Then, they have the nerve to give the Quran credit for saying this new truth or fact long ago. That really takes a LOT of nerve, but they don't care. They will lie, if need be, to defend the Quran and it doesn't seem to bother their conscience in the least. But they are so stupid in their desperate need to defend the Quran, no matter what, that they don't even understand that what they are really saying is that one needs scientific discovery in order to understand what the Quran really means.
Yes, they ARE that stupid and this never occurs to them because nobody has ever taught them the concepts of basic reasoning and objective thought, they only taught them the Quran. But I have to admit that occasionally and very rarely I have run into a few intelligent Muslims who are at least smart enough to correct them about this, but they never seem to be willing to do this right in front of the kaffir. Muslims always have to make their fellow Muslim right in public, no matter how wrong they know they are.
So it actually shouldn't be any surprise at all. What surprises me more is the behavior of some Christians here. They should know better, but they don't. But if I think they are wrong, there is nothing is Christianity that says I should protect or hide their error, unlike what Islam teaches. And who knows? I could be wrong instead and they can tell me that, but there is nothing to stop me from commenting if I think that they are wrong. This is real truth. This is real honesty. This is real discussion.
I am not defending the belief system of Islam, I am defending their right to believe what they want as long as it doesnt infringe on me. In real life I get along with all peoples, but I dont get the sense others here do the same.

I am also stating its not my role to evaluate the logical consistency of another religion.

Though sometimes I do that here if pushed - as in the case of THUNK/THINK/SEPTIC/SKEPTIC/SHA MMA who I find just so dumb that at times that a little push back is in order. I have done the same to the occasional Muslim poster here as well. But mainly my criticism at that point is more along the lines that people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones....

Location hidden

#177085 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Frijoles,
Let me explain why I now believe the New Testament or at least most of it. After all, it consists of people merely retelling a story, so there are bound to be discrepancies as that's how any retold story goes, but the heart of the matter is still there.
I found the New Testament as confusing as most. I was taught this in the first 8 years of Catholic school that I went to. And after that, I slowly started to think it was all nonsense. Then I turned to reading gurus, philosophers and mystics. Past ones like Buddha and Lao Tzu, and even present ones like Osho, who I respect the least, and Jiddhu Krishnamurti, who I respect a lot and my favorite, Anthony de Mello.
When I understood what they were saying, and then I read the Gospels again, I had a totally different understanding of what Jesus was saying.
Forget about whether he was actually the Son of God or not, and forget about his miracles because anybody can claim that these were merely false stories.
What struck me was the wisdom that I now saw behind his statements. This guy was a mystic, to say the least. But what struck me the most was that if it was merely people inventing these things that he said, from that culture at that time, I thought, how did anybody know this sort of wisdom from that time and culture? They didn't know anything like this in their culture and these were completely foreign ideas to the Jewish culture.
So who would have the wisdom and knowledge to make these saying up? Especially when people of that culture still never understood what his words were talking about even after they were written? And they still don't even understand it today.
But gurus and mystics have no problem understanding what he was saying, whether they believe he was the Son of God or not. The ironic part is that I could find a well trained Buddhist or Toaist that can understand his words better than 99% of Christians do. So this is what I found to be extremely odd, and made me start to take a second look at it. But one has to understand concepts of gurus or mystics to understand what Jesus was supposedly really saying.
Again, I prove nothing, nor could I ever. I can only use reason to make my case. That's all that anybody but the deluded person can do.
"The ironic part is that I could find a well trained Buddhist or Toaist that can understand his words better than 99% of Christians do..."

Thats true with a lot of religious texts and commentaries. Thats probably more a reason why they survive over time than because of a bunch of babbling zealots.

Its widely known and accepted among Jews that there are multiple ways to interpret our own scripture, and whats interesting about it is that it is also accepted that these multiple ways are not considered exclusive but complimentary.

I spent a considerable amount of time in my 20s living with native-Americans on or near a reservation in the southwest. Most white people in my track would of become wannabee "Indian". Instead, I have enough grounding and exposure to my own traditions that I was able to translate a lot of what I learned back into my own religion. It was all there, I just needed some life and variety to help me find it.
Lady Gaga Maggot

Hurricane, WV

#177086 May 22, 2013
uhuh wrote:
"And he shall see a chariot with a pair of riders; one riding an ass, one riding a camel" (Isa 21:7)
saviors of Israel,
the ass-rider (Messiah) will come after the camel-rider (Umar)- Maimonides
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/ pt/pt1021.htm

7 And when he seeth a troop, horsemen by pairs, a troop of asses, a troop of camels, he shall hearken diligently with much heed.

It's multiple Messiahs and Umars, evidently.
Weights and Measures

Hurricane, WV

#177087 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I do not know by which standard you judge the conduct of our prophet?
I judge Mohammad's conduct by the Jesus standard, as spelled out in the Gospel records. In case you've forgotten, Jesus was also opposed by many, but he didn't "get even" with his opponents by ordering their executions. Nor did he seize their property, or enslave their surviving women and children and distribute them as "booty" to his disciples.
Tamerlane

Hurricane, WV

#177088 May 22, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
BJ as worshipped today is the "epitome" of sexism, oppression and slavery...
SEXISM....the christian god sends his "son"(MAN) to save all humans because a "daughter" (WOMAN) is bad news especially when she played with Satan's "serpent"...(or "adam's apple or was it banana?)
SLAVERY... what is the bottom line?
The "born sinners" such as BLACKS..BROWNS..YELLOWS..MIXED .. and other races are being blackmailed into worhipping a WHITE naked pagan satan on a phallus who is supposed to "save" these inferior races.
Makes sense? You tell me.
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

There are only two possible skin colors: WHITE, and OFF-WHITE.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#177089 May 22, 2013
Weights and Measures wrote:
<quoted text>
I judge Mohammad's conduct by the Jesus standard, as spelled out in the Gospel records. In case you've forgotten, Jesus was also opposed by many, but he didn't "get even" with his opponents by ordering their executions. Nor did he seize their property, or enslave their surviving women and children and distribute them as "booty" to his disciples.
You cannot judge people by Jesus' model.

To die and let the work unfinished might be great for individual level but there is no message for the public.

To stand for truth and fight evil and subdue it and establish the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is much more worthy that show a few miracles, give some good speeches and let yourself be killed like a petty criminal.

And then there is no ground work to protect your teaching as an "outsider" poses as Super Apostle and hijacks your entire teachings and replaces it with his own philosophy?

To subdue forces of evil and leave a truthful following of more than 100,000 followers that stick to your message is much harder job.

So there is no comparison between Jesus and our prophet. You are comparing an apple against an orange!!

PS:

What i wrote about jesus was just to counter your argument.

In Islam we are not allowed to pit one prophet against another.

Every prophet is equally honorable to us. Each one was given a specific mission and they fulfilled their mission to perfection.

Jesus was the Last Prophet from Isaac's lineage sent to jews. He was to deliver a Final Warning to jews and give Good News of approaching Kingdom of Heavens.

His life and his mission was short. God took him to heavens before his enemies could take him.

We revere and we respect jesus much more than you can even imagine. But he was not the last prophet of God and jesus himself testified to this many times during his short ministry.

I seek Allah's Pardon if I have inadvertently said anything which is not befitting the exalted position of jesus, a prophet of Islam

Location hidden

#177090 May 22, 2013
Lady Gaga Maggot wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1021.htm
7 And when he seeth a troop, horsemen by pairs, a troop of asses, a troop of camels, he shall hearken diligently with much heed.
It's multiple Messiahs and Umars, evidently.
The actual Hebrew is slightly more complicated - The reference point of the term horsemen (pharasim) is not so straightforward.

More like 2 troops (rochav), each comprised by a pair of horseman. One donkey troop and one camel troop.

I guess back then this would of been impressive.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177092 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Teachings of Paul Part-3
7. Subject Matter: Authority
Roman 13- 1
What Paul Wrote?)
Let every one be subject to authority….who fears authority? Not those who do good, but those who do evil.
Remarks (MUQ)
What is authority without any responsibility? They should go hand in hand.
Who said they don't?
MUQ wrote:
8. Subject Matter: Avoiding Jews
Roman 15-20
What Paul Wrote?)
I have been very careful, however, and I am proud of this, not to preach in places where Christ is already known
Remarks (MUQ)
To get followers who know nothing about Jewish laws!!
Or to not waste his time in places where they already know what he preaches and instead spend time with people who don't know this yet?? How are people this stupid?
MUQ wrote:
9. Subject Matter: Bad words
Eph. 4-29
What Paul Wrote?)
Do not let even one bad word come from your mouth, but only good words that will encourage when necessary and be helpful to those who hear.
Remarks (MUQ)
No Comment
Well then why did you post it? Honestly, how can people be this stupid? It's alarming.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177093 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So there is no comparison between Jesus and our prophet. You are comparing an apple against an orange!!
And yet you are supposed to believe that all prophets are equal. Isn't that what your religion teaches? Anyway, you are correct. Muhammad was a very uneducated murderer with no philosophical depth at all, and Jesus had an amazing knowledge of human nature. Muhammad and/or the Quran was as deep as a baby pool with a baby turd in it. But you know knowing about depth of thought. Things like that are never taught to you, you are only taught the Quran, so anything of any depth just completely flies over your head. That's okay, it clearly flew over Muhammad's head as well.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#177094 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you are supposed to believe that all prophets are equal. Isn't that what your religion teaches? Anyway, you are correct. Muhammad was a very uneducated murderer with no philosophical depth at all, and Jesus had an amazing knowledge of human nature. Muhammad and/or the Quran was as deep as a baby pool with a baby turd in it. But you know knowing about depth of thought. Things like that are never taught to you, you are only taught the Quran, so anything of any depth just completely flies over your head. That's okay, it clearly flew over Muhammad's head as well.
SalaamZ ProFiTSeeKeR. A little known fact about your beloved Jesus(pbuh).He,as a carpenter, was produceing amoung other things, crosses for the romans to crucify His fellow jews upon!LOL! A little known fact stripped from the scriptures of the blessed Jesus(pbuh)! CheerZ

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177095 May 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But who are you, as neither a Muslim, or a Jew, to tell someone who they are, or arent worshiping?
I have read the Quran, and the Bible and I have the right to express my opinion. Most people who have read those books agree with me that Muhammad have plagiarized the Biblical god, and at the same time added different things. But then you have no read the Quran...
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Thats like me dictating to you whether or not you are acting Italian.
Huh? Is there such thing as acting italian? Do all Italians act in the same way? Not just your sentence makes no sense, but even as example is totally clueless.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Isnt that a little arrogant (fully taking into account this is your opinion)??
It would be helpful if you learn what arrogant means, first. Also even if I was arrogant, what does it matter if what I said is correct?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#177096 May 22, 2013
The being in each one of us has several aspects - inconscient, subconscient, circumconscient, frontal, subliminal, superconscient, transcendental and absolute.

Location hidden

#177097 May 22, 2013
In the average human being who lives fully centered in the exteriorized consciousness, only the inconscient, subconscient, circumconscient and frontal aspects of being are operational, while the higher aspects (subliminal, superconscient, transcendental and absolute) are very faintly active or non-operational.

Location hidden

#177098 May 22, 2013
Under ordinary circumstances, we come into contact with the universal force fields through the ovoid - shaped circumconscient that radiates from the body up to a few feet with an array of fast-moving colors that reflect the dynamics of the different states of being...When the yoga takes off with the reversal of the consciousness and its subsequent opening up then we contact the various universal force fields via the activated psychic that comes to the forefront from its station behind the human equivalents of the mind, vital and physical force fields...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177099 May 22, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ ProFiTSeeKeR. A little known fact about your beloved Jesus(pbuh).He,as a carpenter, was produceing amoung other things, crosses for the romans to crucify His fellow jews upon!LOL! A little known fact stripped from the scriptures of the blessed Jesus(pbuh)! CheerZ
Every Christian knows that Jesus helped his earthly Father Joseph who was a carpenter, so what could you possibly be talking about?

Matthew 13:55
"Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?

Couldn't you at least google this before you mention it? It would take you about a minute. And he didn't build crosses, he built homes and boats. Others say that the word carpenter actually meant handy man.

Honestly, how could you be this stupid and how could you think that anything involving crosses is funny while you say PBUH after his name? What is the matter with you?

And don't call him blessed Jesus. You have no right to. Muhammad gives him a few compliments, then denies the most important part of his mission, to be crucified and resurrected, and then he proceeds to try to bury Jesus' teachings forever and replace them with his own. Muhammad never mentioned one single teaching of Jesus. Not even one. Muhammad was an enemy of Jesus, no matter how he tries to portray that he honors him with phony compliments. The guy tried to bury his teachings and that's even worse than denying them.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177100 May 22, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ ProFiTSeeKeR. A little known fact about your beloved Jesus(pbuh).He,as a carpenter, was produceing amoung other things, crosses for the romans to crucify His fellow jews upon!
You don't need a carpenter to build a cross. You nail two pieces of wood together. I've treated you with respect before, and I don't know why. You are nothing but a blithering idiot. Why are Muslims so consistently stupid? What is it about Islam that seems to make them this way? It's not just a few Muslims that seem so stupid, it's almost all of them. There's a definite pattern. No ability to reason properly, no sense of logic or rational, and no understanding of any concepts of any depth at all.

Maybe Islam is the perfect religion for people that are stupid and need their minds to be caged.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177101 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I think we are just going round and round in circles and there is no solution.
We are not going round and round. You made things up by writing the hebrew deity as YHWH, inventing that the letter v h etc didnt exist in Hebrew and you were corrected.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>02. It is again wrong to say that our prophet "plagiarize" the jewish deity.
There were no jews or Christians in Makkah and more than two third of Quran was revealed during Makkah period, so your claim is just based on assumption and without any proof.
And similarity between Allah and YHWH is natural since they speak of the same deity and both originate from the same source.
There is no Plagirisation of any kind!!
But Muhammad since childhood tripped with his uncle in different places, and let's not forget that Waraqa was a Christian and maybe a priest from Makkah, and he was the one who told to Muhammad that the angel that supposedly visited him is Gabriel.

Anyway keep lying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 9 hr Big Log 17
torn sash 18 hr Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
More from around the web