Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,314)

Showing posts 166,261 - 166,280 of198,674
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where Christian teachings say the Old Testament is corrupted?
Christianity claims Jeremiah as the New Testament Covenant prophesied in the Old Testament.
So it is obvious that you are ignorant.
You don't read posts very well. Go back to my answer and look at the last sentence of your post that I was replying to and see if you can figure out what I was really saying. If you can't, then that's fine, I'll spell it out for you if need be.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: there is no point, in debating someone who has never even read TheTorah Scroll. and i already gave to you the scripture yesterday, that describes both distinct events.
No you didn't, but that's okay, we're done. I have my answer.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
and i would like to know, how i can give scripture of adam and eve?
when there ain't no woman by that name, mentioned in TheTorah. now matter where you got that delusion from, when it ain't even in TheTorah.
and the last time i checked, any dictionary. the word eve, don't even mean all birth, wide birth, or broad birth. so it ain't even logical, for adam to call sarah faye ann carney that.
and doesn't even explain, how i could confuse the carney gal as a circus performer. like i need, some bearded lady in my life.
when i try to avoid women, who have everything a man could want. like a beard, mustache, and mussels.
What are you reading? The scripture says, "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20. That was after eating from the tree. "Eve" means life or living. Prior to this, she was called "Woman" Genesis 2:23.
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G ospel_in_Islam
"Many Western scholars believe that the Injil was written by Jesus' hand.*
*Historical Dictionary of Prophets in Islam and Judaism, B.M. Wheeler"
lol funniest wiki quote ever

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't read posts very well. Go back to my answer and look at the last sentence of your post that I was replying to and see if you can figure out what I was really saying. If you can't, then that's fine, I'll spell it out for you if need be.
No problem, what you posted from the Quran now forces BMZ to prove the Quran scripture is not corrupted.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
Took him away to where? Allah taking him away sure seems like it means that Allah took him to him. So I think the translator did a good job.
Took him to safety. Where else?
Seeker wrote:
to the Gospels, that happened after he was resurrected.
You can't trust the gospels. Do all gospels say that he was lifted into heavens bodily? John left him on the road.
Seeker wrote:
him away means he was granted a high status? They have words for high status in Arabic.

Did I write status? Do you think only unscriptural Greek and English have that word?
Seeker wrote:
, it's highly unlikely that took him away means granted him high status. As I said, there are words in Arabic for high status, but we don't find those words in the verse.
You don't find the words for a high stature in the Arabic verse or some translations? Amazing!
What does "Exalted" mean to you?
Seeker wrote:
actually says both the Jews and Christians believe that the Jews crucified him.
No, it says what I wrote. Jesus will deny the Christians, who die believing the lie that he was killed, on the Day of Resurrection. That is what it means.

He will be a witness AGAINST Christians, who died believing that he was killed.
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
7:157
"Those who follow the unlettered prophet, whom they find maktuban with them in the Taurat and the Injil"
"maktuban" can mean either "written" or "decreed"
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't waste your time on Shamma. Neither does he read and understand well nor does he write well.
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

interesting that Quran mentions the "unrolled parchment" (52:3) on which the Torah was written (mastur)
but nowhere it mentions any parchment on which the Injil was written
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Susan, you are making up your own interpretation contrary to Gods teaching of what is meant to die.
After Adam disobeyed God the gates of heaven were closed to man.
The consequence of disobeying God and his commandments is separation from God.
That is the meaning of what God meant when he told Adam you will surely die.
The penalty for sin is being separated from God, meaning a spiritual death, to die.
That is Gods own commandment given to us.
So it is obvious you are on the wrong side of Scripture.
If what you're saying is true then for the approximately 4000 years before Jesus people who died went to hell. I have to disagree. Abel went to heaven when he was murdered and Enoch was taken by God into heaven because he "walked with God". Genesis 5:24. Your belief that Jesus is the only way to heaven is just wrong. Only the righteous who keep the covenant of life go to heaven. You believe only Christians go to heaven and that is a dangerous belief.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

susanblange wrote:
You believe only Christians go to heaven and that is a dangerous belief.
It is not dangerous, Susan. It is a ridiculous and absurd belief.

Thanks for the note.

Good night

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If what you're saying is true then for the approximately 4000 years before Jesus people who died went to hell. I have to disagree. Abel went to heaven when he was murdered and Enoch was taken by God into heaven because he "walked with God". Genesis 5:24. Your belief that Jesus is the only way to heaven is just wrong. Only the righteous who keep the covenant of life go to heaven. You believe only Christians go to heaven and that is a dangerous belief.
You are wrong Susan.
The Old Testament teaches life after death, and that all people went to a place of conscious existence called Sheol. The wicked were there (Psalm 9:17; 31:17; 49:14; Isaiah 5:14), and so were the righteous (Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13; Psalm 6:5; 16:10; 88:3; Isaiah 38:10).

The New Testament equivalent of Sheol is Hades. Prior to Christ’s resurrection, Luke 16:19-31 shows Hades to be divided into two realms: a place of comfort where Lazarus was and a place of torment where the rich man was. The word hell in verse 23 is not “Gehenna”(place of eternal torment) but “Hades”(place of the dead). Lazarus’s place of comfort is elsewhere called Paradise (Luke 23:43). Between these two districts of Hades is “a great gulf fixed”(Luke 16:26).

Jesus is described as having descended into Hades after His death (Acts 2:27, 31; cf. Ephesians 4:9). At the resurrection of Jesus Christ, it seems that the believers in Hades (i.e., the occupants of Paradise) were moved to another location. Now, Paradise is above rather than below (2 Corinthians 12:2-4).

Today, when a believer dies, he is “present with the Lord”(2 Corinthians 5:6-9). When an unbeliever dies, he follows the Old Testament unbelievers to Hades. At the final judgment, Hades will be emptied before the Great White Throne, where its occupants will be judged prior to entering the lake of fire (Revelation 20:13-15).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't waste your time on Shamma. Neither does he read and understand well nor does he write well.
Run Muslim run.
You have run away Muslim.
Where is your proof that the Quran "fully supports the God of the Israelite's and Moses?

Where is your proof that God commands all other religions to be destroyed by the sword of Muhammad and his Muslim followers?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What are you reading? The scripture says, "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20. That was after eating from the tree. "Eve" means life or living. Prior to this, she was called "Woman" Genesis 2:23.
rabbee: i am reading from, TheTorah Scroll in eevreet. i got it, right here. i am not even using, the fraudulent alleged jewish bible or tanach. that has all the suspiciously sounding, christian names and titles in it. somebody took advantage, of your ignorance of TheTorah Scroll.

and not it does not say, that adam called his wife eve. it says that adam, called his wife chaooah because she is the mother of all living. and you know isn't it a funny coincidence, that the word chaooah actually means, all birth, wide birth or broad birth.

how do you get eve from the eevreet letters from chet vav(with the special oo vowel mark) hey? eve can't be a translation, cause it does not mean all birth. it cannot be, a transliteration either. and there is no v sound, with the vav with the special oo vowel mark. and please note that the word chaooah is syllable balanced, with one consonant for every phonetic vowel sound.

and their ain't no chapter and verse numbers in TheTorah Scroll. that is one of first of many things, indicating something is wrong with IT. and you can even explain how to get moses, out of mem sheen. more or less, noah out of noon chet.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't, but that's okay, we're done. I have my answer.
rabbee: anyone can go back to yesterdays posts, and see that i did too. which has no effect on your ability, to bear false witness about it. they can even check out, where i prophesized that you wouldn't see or recognize it. see you are blind in one eye, and can't even see out of the other.

i am even willing to bet, that your jewish friend. uses what is known as a jewish bible. which is just a christian old testament, with a jewish cover. with all the suspicious christian sounding fake names, in it. also know as a fraud, to relieve you of your cash ignorantly. so it does not make any difference whether it is an old sack, or new sack full of beans.

and you apparently had the programed answer, before you ever met me on this message thread. not just stuck up, but already convinced.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Jesus is imperfect!
What is the worst thing that Jesus did while on earth?
HughBe---The sum total of ALL of the goodness of HUMANITY is less than the worst thing that Jesus ever did.

Joel--So, Jesus is imperfect!

HughBe--- I take it that in India imperfect means flawless, so YES.

Joel---What is the worst thing that Jesus did while on earth?

HughBe--- Allowed his disciples to eat with unwashed hands.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know?
HughBe --Jesus, the Christ, the ONLY true Jewish Messiah.

Keep these words in mind because there shall NEVER be another messiah apart from FRAUDS. I am guaranteeing you this.

Joel---How do you know?

HughBe--- A better question is, how is it possible that YOU and the Judahites do not know?

I stand by my previous words, Joel. In your lifetime and beyond only FRAUDS shall emerge. As it happens you shall know that I am correct.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent questions, HughBe.
Have a nice weekend, dear friend.
BMZ
HughBe--- Tell me Christian, is LYING lips an ABOMINATION to God?

Has your Christianity FREED you from the obligation to be TRUTHFUL?

Just asking, are the laws of God still applicable today in your Christian world?

BMZ---Excellent questions, HughBe.

HughBe-- Thanks, BMZ

BMZ---Have a nice weekend, dear friend.

HughBe--- Ditto
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong Susan.
The Old Testament teaches life after death, and that all people went to a place of conscious existence called Sheol. The wicked were there (Psalm 9:17; 31:17; 49:14; Isaiah 5:14), and so were the righteous (Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13; Psalm 6:5; 16:10; 88:3; Isaiah 38:10).
The New Testament equivalent of Sheol is Hades. Prior to Christ’s resurrection, Luke 16:19-31 shows Hades to be divided into two realms: a place of comfort where Lazarus was and a place of torment where the rich man was. The word hell in verse 23 is not “Gehenna”(place of eternal torment) but “Hades”(place of the dead). Lazarus’s place of comfort is elsewhere called Paradise (Luke 23:43). Between these two districts of Hades is “a great gulf fixed”(Luke 16:26).
Jesus is described as having descended into Hades after His death (Acts 2:27, 31; cf. Ephesians 4:9). At the resurrection of Jesus Christ, it seems that the believers in Hades (i.e., the occupants of Paradise) were moved to another location. Now, Paradise is above rather than below (2 Corinthians 12:2-4).
Today, when a believer dies, he is “present with the Lord”(2 Corinthians 5:6-9). When an unbeliever dies, he follows the Old Testament unbelievers to Hades. At the final judgment, Hades will be emptied before the Great White Throne, where its occupants will be judged prior to entering the lake of fire (Revelation 20:13-15).
The word sheol means pit and it is both the grave and hell. They are two separate places. I don't know how you can keep your doctrine straight in your head, it is totally against the scriptures. The NT says, it is appointed to man once to die, and after that the judgment, and that is the truth. You need to take out your trash. Your understanding of death and the afterlife is convoluted and twisted by your teachers who have no understanding in them to begin with. Isaiah 56:11. The NT also talks about this.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe --Jesus, the Christ, the ONLY true Jewish Messiah.
Keep these words in mind because there shall NEVER be another messiah apart from FRAUDS. I am guaranteeing you this.
Joel---How do you know?
HughBe--- A better question is, how is it possible that YOU and the Judahites do not know?
I stand by my previous words, Joel. In your lifetime and beyond only FRAUDS shall emerge. As it happens you shall know that I am correct.
Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah HughBe, he has been rejected by the Jews for 2000 years. But he is in the bible, not as the Messiah but instead as the modern day idol of Israel. Is Jesus coming back? Will you call him a fraud? God said to Moses, "and evil will befall you in the latter days; because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands". Deuteronomy 31:29. Israel is the USA and we're basically a Christian nation and God is going to judge us for it. The real Messiah will do this, who you call Antichrist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 166,261 - 166,280 of198,674
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••