“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”
From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.
Jubail, Saudi Arabia
#176665 May 17, 2013
Proofs that Gospel of Barnabas is 15th Century forgery- Part-6
We find it highly suspicious and wrong to read that the Torah was written by an Ismaelite (Chapter 192).
1. Nowhere is Chapter 192 of GOB it is written that an Ishmaelite wrote the Boom of Torah. I am surprised from where you got this baseless allegation.
2. And by the way, how does it prove that GOB is 15th Century Forgery?
Most suspicious of course, is any mentioning of the name of Mohammed.(In Chapters 44, 54, 112, 97 and 163, etc.) It is particularly suspicious, since all the other evidence points to the fact that the whole of the G.O.B is a Medieval forgery.
1. The mention of name Mohammad in GOB is really strange, whereas in Quran it says that Jesus mentioned the name Ahmad and not Mohammad. However the name Ahmad is not found in GOB.
2. This could be the work of translator, who seeing so much similarities in GOB description of Messenger of God, matching so much with Prophet Mohammad put his name.
3. It is certain that Barnabas did not use the Arabic word Mohammad in his original manuscript. Translators later added the word while translating. Such examples are also many in both OT and NT books where the names have also been translated when translating manuscripts form one to another language. Pericyltos of John became Comforter and now Counselor in English Bibles. John might never heard of words like Comforter or Counselor in his life time!!
In Chapter 39 Adam sees bright writing and the content is none other than the Kalimah. There is only one God" and "Mohammed is the Messenger of God."
1. These are also the work of copyists and translators.
2. Instances where the words on margins have been added into the texts by copyists are not that rare.
3. It shows that copies of GOB we have today was edited somewhere id Spain where Muslims ruled for 700 odd years and some one added those explanatory notes in the margin which were inserted into main text by some one.
4. Both Jews and Christians use such words to explain similar problems found in their own books, then why should we single it out GOB as forgery and not other books?
#176666 May 17, 2013
oh yes there were prophets AFTER Jesus,
Paul: "God has set in the church: first apostles, second prophets..."
Acts: "In the church of Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon, Lucius, Manaen and SAUL"
#176667 May 17, 2013
I did not consult with any human being (Gal 1:16) I was brought up to the 3rd Heaven (2Cor 12:2)
I did not receive from man but through revelation (Gal 1:12) which in other generations was not made known as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets (Eph 3:5)
here Paul was claiming prophethood for himself
a better prophet than Moses, to whom the revelation "was not made known"
Since: Mar 08
#176668 May 17, 2013
Excellent! Glad you informed the clueless fool.
If you had not clarified, he would have said, "Jesus left behind Mark, Matthew, Luke and John."
Since: Mar 08
#176669 May 17, 2013
Excellent questions, HughBe.
Have a nice weekend, dear friend.
#176670 May 18, 2013
Quran chapter 53. Surah An-Najm (The Star)
1. By the star when it goes down,(or vanishes).
2. Your companion (Muhammad ) has neither gone astray nor has erred.
3. Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.
4. It is only an Inspiration that is inspired.
5. He has been taught (this Qur'an) by one mighty in power [Jibrael (Gabriel)].
6. Dhu Mirrah (free from any defect in body and mind), Fastawa [then he (Jibrael - Gabriel) rose and became stable].[Tafsir At-Tabari].
7. While he [Jibrael (Gabriel)] was in the highest part of the horizon,
8. Then he [Jibrael (Gabriel)] approached and came closer,
9. And was at a distance of two bows' length or (even) nearer,
10. So did (Allah) convey the Inspiration to His slave [Muhammad through Jibrael (Gabriel)].
11. The (Prophet's) heart lied not (in seeing) what he (Muhammad ) saw.
12. Will you then dispute with him (Muhammad ) about what he saw [during the Mi'raj:(Ascent of the Prophet over the seven heavens)].
13. And indeed he (Muhammad ) saw him [Jibrael (Gabriel)] at a second descent (i.e. another time).
14. Near Sidrat-ul-Muntaha [lote-tree of the utmost boundary (beyond which none can pass)],
15. Near it is the Paradise of Abode.
16. When that covered the lote-tree which did cover it!
17. The sight (of Prophet Muhammad ) turned not aside (right or left), nor it transgressed beyond (the) limit (ordained for it).
18. Indeed he (Muhammad ) did see, of the Greatest Signs, of his Lord (Allah).
19. Have you then considered Al-Lat, and Al-'Uzza (two idols of the pagan Arabs)
20. And Manat (another idol of the pagan Arabs), the other third?
21. Is it for you the males and for Him the females?
22. That indeed is a division most unfair!
23. They are but names which you have named, you and your fathers, for which Allah has sent down no authority. They follow but a guess and that which they themselves desire, whereas there has surely come to them the Guidance from their Lord!
24. Or shall man have what he wishes?
25. But to Allah belongs the last (Hereafter) and the first (the world).
26. And there are many angels in the heavens, whose intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom He wills and pleases.
27. Verily, those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names.
28. While they have no knowledge thereof. They follow but a guess, and verily, guess is no substitute for the truth.
29. Therefore withdraw (O Muhammad ) from him who turns away from Our Reminder (this Qur'an) and desires nothing but the life of this world.
30. That is what they could reach of knowledge. Verily, your Lord it is He Who knows best him who goes astray from His Path, and He knows best him who receives guidance.
31. And to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, that He may requite those who do evil with that which they have done (i.e. punish them in Hell), and reward those who do good,with what is best (i.e. Paradise).
32.Those who avoid great sins (see the Qur'an, Verses: 6:152,153) and Al-Fawahish (illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) except the small faults, verily, your Lord is of vast forgiveness. He knows you well when He created you from the earth (Adam), and when you were fetuses in your mothers' wombs. So ascribe not purity to yourselves. He knows best him who fears Allah and keep his duty to Him [i.e. those who are Al-Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2)].
33.Did you (O Muhammad ) observe him who turned away (from Islam).
34.And gave a little, then stopped (giving)?
35.Is with him the knowledge of the unseen so that he sees?
36.Or is he not informed with what is in the Pages (Scripture) of Musa (Moses),
37. And of Ibrahim (Abraham) who fulfilled (or conveyed) all that (what Allah ordered him to do or convey),
38.That no burdened person (with sins) shall bear the burden (sins) of another.
39.And that man can have nothing but what he does (good or bad),
40.And that his deeds will be seen,
#176671 May 18, 2013
Cont. From Top
Quran Chapter 53 Surah An-Najm (The Star)
41. Then he will be recompensed with a full and the best recompense
42. And that to your Lord (Allah) is the End (Return of everything).
43. And that it is He (Allah) Who makes (whom He wills) laugh, and makes (whom He wills) weep;
44. And that it is He (Allah) Who causes death and gives life;
45. And that He (Allah) creates the pairs, male and female,
46. From Nutfah (drops of semen male and female discharges) when it is emitted;
47. And that upon Him (Allah) is another bringing forth (Resurrection);
48. And that it is He (Allah) Who gives much or a little (or gives wealth and contentment),
49. And that He (Allah) is the Lord of Sirius (the star which the pagan Arabs used to worship);
50. And that it is He (Allah) Who destroyed the former 'Ad (people),
51. And Thamud (people). He spared none of them.
52. And the people of Nuh (Noah) aforetime, verily, they were more unjust and more rebellious and transgressing [in disobeying Allah and His Messenger Nuh (Noah)].
53. And He destroyed the overthrown cities [of Sodom to which Prophet Lout (Lot) was sent].
54. So there covered them that which did cover (i.e. torment with stones).
55. Then which of the Graces of your Lord (O man!) will you doubt.
56. This (Muhammad ) is a warner (Messenger) of the (series of) warners (Messengers) of old .
57. The Day of Resurrection draws near,
58. None besides Allah can avert it,(or advance it, or delay it).
59. Do you then wonder at this recital (the Qur'an)?
60. And you laugh at it and weep not,
61. Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing, etc.).
62. So fall you down in prostration to Allah, and worship Him (Alone).
Since: Apr 11
#176672 May 18, 2013
Jesus laid it out in Scripture.
Read this carefully because it condemns Muslims to hell.
11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
This is exactly what Muslims are guilty of doing to Christians every day
12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Christians live their life for Jesus and are persecuted and murdered by Muslims because of their belief in the Divine Son ship of Jesus
relationship with God the Father.
Having laid the foundation of the message in the summary statements of the Beatitudes, Jesus now proceeds to show the superiority of His message to that of the law of Moses.
He makes it clear that He had not ... come to destroy the law. That is, the New Testament gospel is not contradictory to the Old Testament law; rather it is the ultimate fulfillment of the spiritual intention of the law.
Where the law had degenerated into legalism by the Pharisees, Jesus now takes the law beyond mere outward observance to the inner spiritual intention of God.
For He had come to fulfill the law and its fullest implications.
In his earthly life Jesus accomplished this by meeting its strictest demands and going beyond its mere outward requirements. As our Saviour, Jesus not only bore our sins, but He has also established a perfect righteousness given to us as a gift of God. Our sin was thus imputed to Him and His righteousness was imputed to us (cf. J. Murray, The Imputation of Adam's Sin).
Verily I say is a unique form used by Jesus throughout His preaching to draw attention to the authority of His message.
Verily means truly, certainly, or amen. It is used as a designation of authoritative teaching.
#176673 May 18, 2013
Because you CAN'T produce the verses, otherwise you easily would.
#176674 May 18, 2013
The star goes down? Do the stars revolve around the earth every day or does the earth spin?
#176675 May 18, 2013
But doesn't Islam claim that Jesus DID bring a book but it got lost or corrupted? Of course he never brought a book, this was a lie made up by Muhammad to make it look like Jesus had the same kind of mission he claimed to have. And, the Gospels really didn't sit very well with his story, so he had to say there was an original book that got lost or corrupted, and that original book agrees with hi claims.
#176676 May 18, 2013
But doesn't Islam claim that Jesus DID bring a book but it got lost or corrupted? Of course he never brought a book, this was a lie made up by Muhammad to make it look like Jesus had the same kind of mission he claimed to have. And, the Gospels really didn't sit very well with his story, so he had to say there was an original book that got lost or corrupted, and that original book agrees with his claims.
Since: Mar 08
#176677 May 18, 2013
That is the problem. Christians live their lives for a man, who was created Sin and that is shameful.
Muslims live their lives for God Almighty.
"Verily, verily" was used by every prophet and Messenger of God. it was not Jesus' patent.
I do not wish to comment on the rest of your junk and stuff.
Since: Mar 08
#176678 May 18, 2013
Jesus came with no book and gave no book. The word 'Book' in Qur'aan means revelation given to the messengers of God.
Injeel was the wisdom and knowledge that was given to Jesus. Jesus was not given any scripture.
I am sure you do not see Jesus saying such things as "It has been revealed to me..." or "The word of God has reached me..."
Gospels were written by men long after Jesus was gone, Seeker and the corruption and forgeries in the gospels can be easily spotted by any reader.
Jesus' mission was limited to Israelites and to reform Judaism. Muhammad's mission was to introduce the religion of God to all.
Since: Mar 08
#176679 May 18, 2013
Where does the verse 53:1 say that stars revolve around the earth?
Since: Apr 11
#176680 May 18, 2013
What good is a God if we can not know him?
Who is Allah?
Muslims say he is God.
But what proof is there that your Allah is God?
Show me proof?
#176681 May 18, 2013
11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. 13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when God, who set me apart from my mothers womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.
Corinthians 2 12
12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not knowGod knows. 3 And I know that this manwhether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me,My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christs power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christs sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
#176682 May 18, 2013
Well, stars don't go down, the earth spins to cause the "appearance" that the stars go down. But 7th century Bedouin Arabs did believe that the stars and sun and moon all revolved or orbited around the earth, when the only thing that actually revolves around the earth is the moon. They all looked like they revolved around the earth, but in actuality, only the moon does. Just yet another verse from someone with a 7th century understanding of the real truth of the cosmos. There are many like this in the Quran and when anybody puts them all together, a clear pattern forms, and it becomes quite clear who was creating these verses. God does not misunderstand the cosmos he created in the same exact way we would expect a 7th century Bedouin Arab to.
#176683 May 18, 2013
Well, I'm pretty sure that I remember that Islam claims there was actually a book or Injeel that got corrupted and/or lost. I don't think it was just talking about wisdom Jesus said. I'll see if I can find the verses if you can't, but you are the scholar, right? So you should be able to find them. Otherwise, it would be one more instance where I had to remind the Islamic scholar what is actually in the Quran.
#176684 May 18, 2013
Ahhh, here it is.
157. Those who follow the Apostle-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel
Muhammad claimed he was written about in the Injeel, but of course, no Gospels speak of him at all, so the charge of corruption had to be leveled against them so that Muhammad could claim the Injeel DID write about him, but the true Injeel book got lost or corrupted.
But like even you and Alex the freak even said, Jesus never brought a book. So you, the Islamic scholar, contradicts the Quran once again.
Add your comments below
|The war on Christmas (Dec '10)||19 min||Patrick n Angela||4,001|
|Interesting Satanic site||Sun||dGo mnDDae lyHo i...||2|
|Harrogate mother says foster families are relig...||Jan 29||Wrong problem||45|
|Satellite images confirm: Iraq's oldest monaste...||Jan 23||PATRIOT_TEXAN||4|
|5Ted Cruz: Evangelical darling or a pagan bruta...||Jan 16||Elise In Seattle||1|
|Annual crops protection ritual held at Hartley ...||Jan 16||Elise In Seattle||1|
|7 Things Mindful People Do Before 9 A.M.||Jan 16||Elise In Seattle||1|
Find what you want!
Search Pagan/Wiccan Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC