Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 224980 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176530 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
Before Jesus was born, I am. And you dare ask me silly and idiotic questions?
Then the Jews said to Him,‘You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?’ Jesus said to them,‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.’ Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John 8:57-59)

This is part of the discussion Jesus had with the religious leaders of His day. He was telling them He is God. He used the same term that God used when He appeared to Moses in the burning bush (Exodus 3:14). The religious leaders knew what He was claiming, and that is why they picked up stones to stone Him, but it was neither the time nor the way Jesus was to die.

This claim of Jesus to be eternal was a claim to be divine. Thus, in the eyes of the Jews He was guilty of blasphemy, a sin punishable by stoning. This and related passages in this Gospel are devastatingly powerful in refuting the presumptuous notions of skeptics who say Jesus never claimed to be very God incarnate [in the flesh].

"God identifies Himself as I AM WHO I AM. Revealing His divine name declares His character and attributes, reinforcing that the issue is not who Moses is, but who is with him. This name is related to the Hebrew verb meaning "to be," and so implies the absolute existence of God. The Hebrew here is also the source of the English,‘Yahweh,’‘Jehovah,’ or ‘LORD.’" (New Spirit Filled Life Bible)

"And God said to Moses,‘I AM WHO I AM.’ And He said,‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel,‘I AM has sent me to you.’ Moreover God said to Moses,‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel:‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’" (Exodus 3:14-15)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176531 May 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Spirit of God himself lives within me, I received it in August 1983, 1984 was the "acceptable year of the Lord" Isaiah 61:1-2. And you're right, I'm not righteous, I'm holy and it's taken over 25 years to become holy. I am perfect in the law and I will die rejecting Jesus, idolatry is sin and that is what you practice. I can almost guarantee you that you'll be the one who will burst into flames.
You are an ignorant fool.
You cannot obey the law with out violating the law.
That is why God sent Jesus so that your soul can be righteous through the righteousness of Jesus.
We are all sinners and do not deserve to be forgiven of our sins.
Jesus was sinless and was made sin so that our sins are upon him so that by the righteousness of Jesus we are acceptable to God.

God resurrected Jesus because Jesus was sinless and paid the price of death for sin, being separated from God on the cross.

You don't get!
Our spirit is of God and belongs to God, yet God clothed our spirit with human flesh.

So if God can do that with our spirit is there any reason God can not cloth His own Spirit with flesh and come among us and die for our sins?
No!
And that is exactly what God did for us to save our spirit from the fires of hell.

You don't get! by you forgiving your father does not mean your father is saved from the fires of hell.
But your unforgiven towards him leaves you in a state of hate and bitterness which is unacceptable to God.

You need to pray for your father that he may be enlightened to the wrong he committed towards you, so that he too may come to you and ask forgiveness from you, and confess his sins to God, and ask for forgiveness from God.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176532 May 17, 2013
MUQ has stated on more than one occasion that Muhammad killed not more than 1000 people but BMZ repeatedly keeps saying that Muhammad did not kill a single person. So, why this divergence of opinion between MUQ and BMZ? Besides, the Quran is chock-full of instances of Muhammad exhorting his followers to kill the polytheists, idolaters, abusers of Allah-Muhammad and those who refuse to pay Jizziya/Zakat.

Location hidden

#176533 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
Before Jesus was born, I am. And you dare ask me silly and idiotic questions?
I am happy for you and happy for all Muslims that you and all Muslims are going to the fires of hell.

You don't get it.
Our human spirit is of God from God.
Our human spirit belongs to God.
Yet God clothed our human spirit from God being of God.
Is there any reason why God cannot clothed His own Spirit of Himself and reveal Himself to us in the form of a human being?
NO!
That is exactly what God did for us when He came and died on the cross to restore us back to Himself.

You don't get it. A sin against God can not be removed from our spirit. For sin is the wages of death, meaning separation from God.
Jesus died in our place for our sins.
We are made righteous in the eyes of the Father by the righteousness of Jesus being sinless.
We are reborn into the Spirit of God through baptism by the Holy Spirit of Jesus who comes and dwells on our heart and mind giving witness to the Father that our spirit has been cleansed by the righteousness of Jesus.

So I am happy for you that you are heading for the fires of hell, for all those that reject Gods love deserve the fires of hell.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#176534 May 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the Jews said to Him,‘You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?’ Jesus said to them,‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.’ Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John 8:57-59)
This is part of the discussion Jesus had with the religious leaders of His day. He was telling them He is God. He used the same term that God used when He appeared to Moses in the burning bush (Exodus 3:14). The religious leaders knew what He was claiming, and that is why they picked up stones to stone Him, but it was neither the time nor the way Jesus was to die.
This claim of Jesus to be eternal was a claim to be divine. Thus, in the eyes of the Jews He was guilty of blasphemy, a sin punishable by stoning. This and related passages in this Gospel are devastatingly powerful in refuting the presumptuous notions of skeptics who say Jesus never claimed to be very God incarnate [in the flesh].
"God identifies Himself as I AM WHO I AM. Revealing His divine name declares His character and attributes, reinforcing that the issue is not who Moses is, but who is with him. This name is related to the Hebrew verb meaning "to be," and so implies the absolute existence of God. The Hebrew here is also the source of the English,‘Yahweh,’‘Jehovah,’ or ‘LORD.’" (New Spirit Filled Life Bible)
"And God said to Moses,‘I AM WHO I AM.’ And He said,‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel,‘I AM has sent me to you.’ Moreover God said to Moses,‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel:‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’" (Exodus 3:14-15)
I have already thrown plenty of light on "I am that I am". It is no name.

And Jesus never claimed to be God.

Now, what is Jesus claiming to be in John 17:3 here?

"Now this is eternal life:

that they know you, the only true God,

and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
bmz

Singapore

#176535 May 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I am happy for you and happy for all Muslims that you and all Muslims are going to the fires of hell.
You don't get it.
Is there any reason why God cannot clothed His own Spirit of Himself and reveal Himself to us in the form of a human being?
NO!
That is exactly what God did for us when He came and died on the cross to restore us back to Himself.
You don't get it. A sin against God can not be removed from our spirit. For sin is the wages of death, meaning separation from God.
We are made righteous in the eyes of the Father by the righteousness of Jesus being sinless.
We are reborn into the Spirit of God through baptism by the Holy Spirit of Jesus who comes and dwells on our heart and mind giving witness to the Father that our spirit has been cleansed by the righteousness of Jesus.
So I am happy for you that you are heading for the fires of hell, for all those that reject Gods love deserve the fires of hell.
Please DO NOT talk about sins against God.

Your God is himself a Sinner, who created Jesus a Sin and had him killed.

The moral of this absurd revulsive doctrine of sin story is: The sinner destroyed sin! Great!

End of the story!!!
bmz

Singapore

#176536 May 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I am happy for you and happy for all Muslims that you and all Muslims are going to the fires of hell.

You don't get it.

NO!

We are not amused! Hell? No worries. We want you to be happy.

Now, I have a very serious question to ask and the question is:

Do you ever read the Horse Shit that you copy and paste here? For example the Horse Shit above for God, Jesus, sin and other junk and stuff?
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#176537 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not amused! Hell? No worries. We want you to be happy.
Now, I have a very serious question to ask and the question is:
Do you ever read the Horse Shit that you copy and paste here? For example the Horse Shit above for God, Jesus, sin and other junk and stuff?
SalaamZ & LOL! you just caused him to have a brain-Fart! Great posts Most venerable One! CheerZ
bmz

Singapore

#176538 May 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
MUQ has stated on more than one occasion that Muhammad killed not more than 1000 people but BMZ repeatedly keeps saying that Muhammad did not kill a single person. So, why this divergence of opinion between MUQ and BMZ?

Besides, the Quran is chock-full of instances of Muhammad exhorting his followers to kill the polytheists, idolaters, abusers of Allah-Muhammad and those who refuse to pay Jizziya/Zakat.
First off, I have not read what MUQ wrote, so I cannot comment on that. May be you quoted MUQ out of context and this quoting out of context, is quite obvious in the second part of your post, which was foolish and tells me that you have not really read Qur'aan.

Why don't you quote the so-called chock-full of instances in Qur'aan?
bmz

Singapore

#176539 May 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are an ignorant fool.
You cannot obey the law with out violating the law.
That is why God sent Jesus so that your soul can be righteous through the righteousness of Jesus.
We are all sinners and do not deserve to be forgiven of our sins.
Jesus was sinless and was made sin so that our sins are upon him so that by the righteousness of Jesus we are acceptable to God.
God resurrected Jesus because Jesus was sinless and paid the price of death for sin, being separated from God on the cross.
You don't get!
Our spirit is of God and belongs to God, yet God clothed our spirit with human flesh.
So if God can do that with our spirit is there any reason God can not cloth His own Spirit with flesh and come among us and die for our sins?
No!
And that is exactly what God did for us to save our spirit from the fires of hell.
What a Bull Shit! When did Jesus explain that rubbish? Was it whispered to te disciples? 
bmz

Singapore

#176540 May 17, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ & LOL! you just caused him to have a brain-Fart! Great posts Most venerable One! CheerZ
lol!

The Chinese call it Wind.

Salaams
BMZ
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176541 May 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you don't understand anything that I am saying. That's fine. But I still never saw you answer my challenge of providing specific verses for the things you claim. But you can say whatever you want. No skin off of my back. It's got nothing to do with me, only to do with you and Ted Bundy.
And BTW, if you want anybody to take you seriously, couldn't you at least learn to put together coherent and well structured sentences? There are foreign Muslims here who speak English as a second or third language that blow you away. So what's YOUR excuse?
rabbee: i know more about what you are saying, from the same old devil than you do. you do not even understand, what you have been given with to say. no matter how much, you only think you do.

and are you really serious, that i must learn to write like the devil taught you. so the we could come into the same agreement with the ways of the devil. do you really expect, an Angel of G-D, to talk or write the way the devil wants? when even i refuse to be, coherent according to the normal standards of demonism.

i gave a whole chapter, from out of Bereesheees. and you don't even recognize it, or understand what is being said, from out of TheTorah. you do not even seem to know, what the first of the twelve little books of Bereesheeet is.

i am not about to waste, a whole lot of time. to those who denounce HaTorah or any of the little books inclusive to IT. and TheTorah shall happen, exactly as specified for all seven days, for the world refusing to be here in IT.

you all helped fail, to make it to GanEden again. because you weren't paying attention, to HaShem G-D here in TheTorah here in TheHappening. now is this the last chance, that G-D is going to give, all of you and your grandmother. because G-D, is now most certainly give it all just again. so you can all forget, about going to HEAVEN of Heavens right now.

Location hidden

#176542 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The moral of this absurd revulsive doctrine of sin story is: The sinner destroyed sin! Great!
End of the story!!!
Ha, ha, Satan is coming out of you,
You don't want to discuss sin.
I am happy you that you are on your way to the fores of hell.
You deserve to fires of hell for rejecting Gods love.

You do well being an Satan apologist on these threads.
Muslims are sinners on their way to hell BMZ.
Muhammad sold his soul to the devil.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176543 May 17, 2013
those who bear false witness, that adam and his mate, are the first to arrive here in TheTorah. are never going to be true to G-D, that Noach HisFamily, and the talking critters are always first here in TheTorah.

adam and his mate, are the only ones. to be given with TheOUR IMAGE of G-D on earth as Adam. the image than none of you, were ever given with.

Location hidden

#176544 May 17, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i know more about what you are saying, from the same old devil than you do. you do not even understand, what you have been given with to say. no matter how much, you only think you do.
and are you really serious, that i must learn to write like the devil taught you. so the we could come into the same agreement with the ways of the devil. do you really expect, an Angel of G-D, to talk or write the way the devil wants? when even i refuse to be, coherent according to the normal standards of demonism.
i gave a whole chapter, from out of Bereesheees. and you don't even recognize it, or understand what is being said, from out of TheTorah. you do not even seem to know, what the first of the twelve little books of Bereesheeet is.
i am not about to waste, a whole lot of time. to those who denounce HaTorah or any of the little books inclusive to IT. and TheTorah shall happen, exactly as specified for all seven days, for the world refusing to be here in IT.
you all helped fail, to make it to GanEden again. because you weren't paying attention, to HaShem G-D here in TheTorah here in TheHappening. now is this the last chance, that G-D is going to give, all of you and your grandmother. because G-D, is now most certainly give it all just again. so you can all forget, about going to HEAVEN of Heavens right now.
You don't understand The Torah rabbee.
You preach your own bull-shit.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176545 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already thrown plenty of light on "I am that I am". It is no name.
And Jesus never claimed to be God.
He said the same thing that God said to Moses, and the teachers who were listening understood exactly what he was trying to say which is why they attempted to stone him. Just keep paying attention to what you want and keep ignoring what you want.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, what is Jesus claiming to be in John 17:3 here?
"Now this is eternal life:
Funny how you immediately dismiss all of John whenever someone quotes something from it that contradicts your claims, but then you try to pull John out any time you think it might suit your argument. Very, very, very dishonest and self serving of you.
Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
that they know you, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

He is claiming to be the Son of God, but if the Son of God can do nothing but the will of God, then he becomes a physical manifestation of God when God does things THROUGH him. He is a physical manifestation of God's will, and God does things THROUGH him. I have explained this concept of mine to you before and you always ignore it. Either you can't understand it, or you just don't like it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176546 May 17, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
those who bear false witness, that adam and his mate, are the first to arrive here in TheTorah. are never going to be true to G-D, that Noach HisFamily, and the talking critters are always first here in TheTorah.
adam and his mate, are the only ones. to be given with TheOUR IMAGE of G-D on earth as Adam. the image than none of you, were ever given with.
Weren't you supposed to be providing those verses that talk of the SECOND coming of Adam and Eve?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176547 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet even the Quran speaks of the pure nature of Jesus, so you contradict the Quran.

So I guess you think that Jesus never wanted to be crucified and never thought he would be, and that God or Jesus played a deceptive little party trick that lead so many people to believe in Christianity.

21From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day.22Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying,“God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You.”23But He turned and said to Peter,“Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but man’s.”

You constantly contradict yourself, and that's what happens when people try to weave false explanations.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#176548 May 17, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
biblical Jesus showed no respect at all to his parents,
12-yr old Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem while his parents went home to Nazareth,
when they traced him back,
Mary: Child, why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been grieving looking for you
Jesus: Why did you look for me? Didn't you know that I have to be with my father?(Luke 2:48-49)
iow he was saying: Lay off me, he's NOT my real father!
Hi Uhuh, how are you?
May I suggest the following to you, use your energies in a far better way than to expend it in your futile campaign against Jesus, the Christ the ONLY true Jewish Messiah.

Keep these words in mind because there shall NEVER be another messiah apart from FRAUDS. I am guaranteeing you this.

ALL of your utterances in respect of Jesus are a waste, of time.
The sum total of ALL of the goodness of HUMANITY is less than the worst thing that Jesus every did.

Your well-wisher, HughBe.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#176549 May 17, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus could've explained the parables to the crowdf people, not just to his disciples
but no.. he purposely didn't want the people to understand
he didn't want their sins to be forgiven
Uhuh---he(Jesus) purposely didn't want the people to understand
he didn't want their sins to be forgiven

HughBe--- Excellent point, Uhuh. Now please explain the text that follows.

"The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles:

4 Yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day" Deuteronomy 29:3-4

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun 23 Drake_Burrwood 1
News Illogical Religious Positions? Jun 15 Looney Tunes 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 14 Davglix 107
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Jun 12 MakesUBeGone 2
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Jun 5 Son of man 1
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Jun 4 isis 63
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Jun 2 Reason Personified 14,660
More from around the web