Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256361 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176512 May 17, 2013
uhuh wrote:
a wedding feast ran out of wine, so Mary informed her son: "They have no more wine"
just because of that, Jesus snapped back at her: "Woman, what have I to do with you?" (John 2:3-4)
that insolent bastard
LMAO!
You are a good Muslim on your way to the fires of hell.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#176513 May 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! Nice comment Jesus. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. As Gandhi once said, "if it wasn't for Christians, I would be one". How true sometimes. Can anybody blame him for saying that? Of course there are plenty of good Christians, but some might not be very good at all. But that's not Jesus' fault.
You don't have a velvet picture of Elvis in your house, do you? I have to be honest with you, I never particularly cared for your tone, Christian or not. Sure I can be insulting, but usually there is at least a little bit of humor behind it, and I would NEVER, EVER wish hell on ANYONE, EVER. And you can say any nasty thing you want to say back to me, and that will be fine and expected.
He's projecting Seeker. He's the one that is mean and hateful, he's just proving it. "The Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all" Isaiah 53:6.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#176514 May 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are ignorant.
The parables was a way for Jesus to test the human spirit of the Jews, as whether there spirit was in union with the spirit of God or in union with the spirit of Satan.

Jesus found the Hews human spirit was in union with Satan, rather then in union with the Spirit of God.

Those Jews that followed Jesus understood what Jesus was telling them
for their human spirit was in union with Gods Spirit.

The Father revealed to Peter that Jesus is the living Son of God for Peter's human spirit so loved and trusted God, and was in union with the Spirit of God, that the Father revealed to Peter who Jesus really is.

If your human spirit is in union with the Spirit of God you will understand what I am saying, if your spirit is not in union with Gods Spirit you will not understand.

God is a Trinity.
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

We are created in the image of God.

What does that mean?
That is all Horse Shit. Nothing from Jesus. So, please stop bull shitting. Trinity does not exist and it is garbage.

At the end of your unwanted meaningless rant, you wrote: "What does that mean?"

Answer: it means that I am also your God.

This is what I wrote and I am actually having a serious discussion with Seeker. I am waiting for his comments and answers. I count you among the unschooled and the unwise.

"I don't think so and I don't think the Jews were stupid. They had learned and wise men among them.

I can understand what he said and meant so easily, so why could they not understand? The gospels were written to show that the Jews were dumb and that is not true and also to show what the Church establish centuries later, believed.

See, Seeker, Oriental folks can easily understand what the message meant, when conveyed through the translations of Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, Persian, Hindi/Urdu, Turkish, Chinese and other oriental languages.

When Jesus said that one had to be born again, can one believe that the Jews were so stupid and dumb to ask, "How can I get back into my mother's womb?"

Another example: The Father and I are one. One what? Did he say, "The Father and I are the same person"?

The problem is that Scriptures were never revealed in a foreign language to the natives. Greek is a unscriptural language and totally unfit for Scriptures. If Paul had not gone North and West, Jesus' way would have been different.

Imagine how hilarious would it have been if Jesus had said to the Jews, "A bad workman quarrels with his tools." The Jews would have surely asked, "How can a bad workman quarrel with his tools?"

it is reported that Jesus spent his late teens in Persia and India. I don't know if it is true or not but the style of his language clearly shows that he sat in the company of wise and scholarly sages in Persia and India. The phrases and his language is extremely close to theirs.

He was a wise man and wanted to make people's lives easy in the matters of religion, which was made a burden for the Jews by their Rabbis and priests. He was just a reformer and a teacher. "
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176515 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
First, a correction. That is not what Gandhi said.
Gandhi actually said: " I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Christianity is not Jesus' fault. It is the fault generated by the Church, which was founded by a pagan Constantine.
It's funny how you say it has to do with the church, but all of the killings in Islam where they even specifically yell Allahu Akbar before they kill, and all of the terrorist organizations with clearly Islamic names and Islam as their cause, have nothing at all to do with Islam. You are a one sided hypocrite. You can't find where anything Jesus said can be interpreted to cause Christians to do bad things, but I can find you PLENTY of verses in the Quran that can be interpreted to justify their violence that they specifically do in the name of Islam. PLENTY. Would you like me to quote them? You quote Jesus' verses and I'll quote verses from the Quran, and let's see which ones would incite people to do bad or violent things the most. Deal?

Location hidden

#176516 May 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You defend and accept the wicked because they are Christians. You are no different than an apostate Jew who accepts another Jew regardless of their character but only because they're Jewish. Only the righteous will go to heaven, I don't care what race or religion you are. It's a matter of the heart.
That is what I just told you.
You are on your way to the fires of hell.
You are an unrighteous person.
LAMAO!
Your spirit is not in union with the Spirit of God.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176517 May 17, 2013
Islam doesn't need a church to cause people to do bad things, it has the Quran itself to tell people to do these things. Muhammad himself tells them to do things like they do.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176518 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas, you are really a hate-bag. Stop defending the lies of the Church against Jesus and God Almighty, please. Dump Jesus and consider him a man of God and you will be saved.
Only the LORD Almighty God can save. Jesus CANNOT!
You are a tremendous hypocrite. You think you are allowed to wish for the demise of all churches, but as soon as anybody wishes for the demise of Islam, they are very bad people. Islam is clearly a very aggressive religion and it's embedded right into it's scriptures themselves. And as soon as someone accuses Islam of being bent ion domination, Muslims stand up and scream no fair. Yeah, it's not fair when someone identifies Islam properly. You guys are also playing a sneaky little game, and you think that's good because that's the way Muhammad played as well. Some example. If there is one man that ever existed that is the biggest cause of the problems in the world today, it is most certainly Muhammad.

I don't hate Muslims at all. They are merely hypnotized and their minds are completely trapped. I can't hate people like that, I have to feel pity for them. I blame Muhammad for everything, and I most certainly DO hate him and I consider myself an enemy of his. No question about it. If I wasn't a little lazy, I would gladly type PUBH every single time I type his name. Piss be upon him. I earlier said that I would never wish hell upon anybody, but maybe in his case, I could make an exception. Every time I see a stupid brainwashed Muslim yell Allahu Akbar before he commits violence, I put the blame directly where it belongs. Squarely on Muhammad's shoulders. It's his teachings that give people the excuse to do the things they do.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#176519 May 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is what I just told you.
LAMAO!
The Spirit of God himself lives within me, I received it in August 1983, 1984 was the "acceptable year of the Lord" Isaiah 61:1-2. And you're right, I'm not righteous, I'm holy and it's taken over 25 years to become holy. I am perfect in the law and I will die rejecting Jesus, idolatry is sin and that is what you practice. I can almost guarantee you that you'll be the one who will burst into flames.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176520 May 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is what I just told you.
LAMAO!
Don't be surprised if you end up right behind her, mister righteous. It's quite possible, so I wouldn't be so confident, arrogant and hateful if I were you. I already know that no matter how good I am, it will never measure up and I will be begging for forgiveness, and my only hope is that I have always forgiven others and so hopefully, God will do the same with me.

Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

"13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Matthew 5
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176521 May 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Spirit of God himself lives within me, I received it in August 1983, 1984 was the "acceptable year of the Lord" Isaiah 61:1-2. And you're right, I'm not righteous, I'm holy and it's taken over 25 years to become holy. I am perfect in the law and I will die rejecting Jesus, idolatry is sin and that is what you practice. I can almost guarantee you that you'll be the one who will burst into flames.
You shouldn't let personal actions of one person effect your beliefs. You made sure that you mentioned your Father was Christian. So what? I certainly wouldn't consider him one, and I have no idea why you blame Jesus for any of his actions. But you DO. You hate Jesus because you hate you Father.

Location hidden

#176522 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all Horse Shit. Nothing from Jesus. So, please stop bull shitting. Trinity does not exist and it is garbage.
At the end of your unwanted meaningless rant, you wrote: "What does that mean?"
Answer: it means that I am also your God.
This is what I wrote and I am actually having a serious discussion with Seeker. I am waiting for his comments and answers. I count you among the unschooled and the unwise.
"I don't think so and I don't think the Jews were stupid. They had learned and wise men among them.
I can understand what he said and meant so easily, so why could they not understand? The gospels were written to show that the Jews were dumb and that is not true and also to show what the Church establish centuries later, believed.
See, Seeker, Oriental folks can easily understand what the message meant, when conveyed through the translations of Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, Persian, Hindi/Urdu, Turkish, Chinese and other oriental languages.
When Jesus said that one had to be born again, can one believe that the Jews were so stupid and dumb to ask, "How can I get back into my mother's womb?"
Another example: The Father and I are one. One what? Did he say, "The Father and I are the same person"?
The problem is that Scriptures were never revealed in a foreign language to the natives. Greek is a unscriptural language and totally unfit for Scriptures. If Paul had not gone North and West, Jesus' way would have been different.
Imagine how hilarious would it have been if Jesus had said to the Jews, "A bad workman quarrels with his tools." The Jews would have surely asked, "How can a bad workman quarrel with his tools?"
it is reported that Jesus spent his late teens in Persia and India. I don't know if it is true or not but the style of his language clearly shows that he sat in the company of wise and scholarly sages in Persia and India. The phrases and his language is extremely close to theirs.
He was a wise man and wanted to make people's lives easy in the matters of religion, which was made a burden for the Jews by their Rabbis and priests. He was just a reformer and a teacher. "
Those Jews that rejected Jesus were dumb bells just like you.
Jesus came to save the Jews from the fires of hell, and the dumb ass Those Jews turned down Jesus offer to save them.
Just like all Muslims have turned down Jesus offer to save them.

Did God create Adam?
What is Adam?
What gives life to Adam?
Did Adam have a free will to choose or not to choose God?
Did Adam die?
Is Adam in the grave still waiting for the resurrection?
What is the soul of man?

In your reasoning and logic you are by-passing all these questions that relate to the final destination of mans soul.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#176524 May 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't let personal actions of one person effect your beliefs. You made sure that you mentioned your Father was Christian. So what? I certainly wouldn't consider him one, and I have no idea why you blame Jesus for any of his actions. But you DO. You hate Jesus because you hate you Father.
I don't hate Jesus because I hate my father. I'm actually jealous of Jesus to a certain extent and I hate him for the person he is today. He's a thief and a liar (false witness even). He's been reincarnated and his new name is Bill. We're going to go at it toe to toe, it's either him or me. The victor will be the one who returns on the Mount of Olives.
bmz

Location hidden

#176525 May 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how you say it has to do with the church, but all of the killings in Islam where they even specifically yell Allahu Akbar before they kill, and all of the terrorist organizations with clearly Islamic names and Islam as their cause, have nothing at all to do with Islam. You are a one sided hypocrite. You can't find where anything Jesus said can be interpreted to cause Christians to do bad things, but I can find you PLENTY of verses in the Quran that can be interpreted to justify their violence that they specifically do in the name of Islam. PLENTY. Would you like me to quote them? You quote Jesus' verses and I'll quote verses from the Quran, and let's see which ones would incite people to do bad or violent things the most. Deal?
Seeker,

The problem with you guys is that you keep religion and the State separate but when you talk about Islam and the Muslims, you mix Islam and world politics.

That is extreme bigotry displayed. For example, when Bush, Cheney, Blair and their men, mostly Christians, invaded Iraq under deceit and lies, you would not consider them Christians. I have seen videos, which show an ugly and disgusting behavior from those men.

Those groups are fighting their own political battles, which has nothing to do with Islam. They are killing each other in Syria. For what? For Islam? The West and the Arab despots want a weak Syria. They could not settle the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for more than sixty years. They want political problems to remain in the affected regions in theri own interest.

The same Allaho-Akbar people are also providing the West with air and naval bases. The same people are dying along with Americans and more in numbers than Americans.

Jesus was a nobody in Israel. He was a good man with no leadership and authority. He was not giving the message of God to pagans. He would have lost his head on day one, if he had gone to pagan Arabs. He was in a very weak position.

The gospels and Acts are the culprits, who generated so much hate against the Jews that the Church went on the killing spree. It is the same Christian Scripture that craeted men like Martin Luther and other ugly and horrible Popes. And the Christian scripture still is generating more hate but this time against Muslims.

Name any Islamic terrorist organization, that existed 120 years ago! None!

What you see now is the result of what the British sowed, passed the baby to foolish American leaders, who did not handle any situation properly and made a mess.
bmz

Location hidden

#176526 May 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Those Jews that rejected Jesus were dumb bells just like you.
Jesus came to save the Jews from the fires of hell, and the dumb ass Those Jews turned down Jesus offer to save them.
Just like all Muslims have turned down Jesus offer to save them.
Did God create Adam?
What is Adam?
What gives life to Adam?
Did Adam have a free will to choose or not to choose God?
Did Adam die?
Is Adam in the grave still waiting for the resurrection?
What is the soul of man?
In your reasoning and logic you are by-passing all these questions that relate to the final destination of mans soul.
Shamma,

Before Jesus was born, I am. And you dare ask me silly and idiotic questions?

Location hidden

#176527 May 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be surprised if you end up right behind her, mister righteous. It's quite possible, so I wouldn't be so confident, arrogant and hateful if I were you. I already know that no matter how good I am, it will never measure up and I will be begging for forgiveness, and my only hope is that I have always forgiven others and so hopefully, God will do the same with me.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
"13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
Matthew 5
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
That is exactly what I am saying.
We cannot earn our way to heaven.
It is a free gift from God to those who believe and trust in Jesus.
Instead of Susan wasting her time in blaming Jesus, she needs to pray to Jesus and ask Jesus to enlighten her mind and heart to the goodness and love Jesus has for her
And allow Jesus to purify her mind and spirit.

We are made in the image of God.
Our human spirit is from God and is of God and returns to God upon our death to be judged by God.

That simple truth is ignored by many including the Muslims.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176528 May 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate Jesus because I hate my father. I'm actually jealous of Jesus to a certain extent and I hate him for the person he is today. He's a thief and a liar (false witness even). He's been reincarnated and his new name is Bill. We're going to go at it toe to toe, it's either him or me. The victor will be the one who returns on the Mount of Olives.
Well, that's enough of any attempt at serious conversation with you by me. Good luck. I'm sorry your therapists were of no help.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176529 May 17, 2013
One last suggestion susan. Believe whatever you choose, but regardless of which belief you choose, do not go to the grave with hate on your heart. That's the best suggestion that I know how to give.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176530 May 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
Before Jesus was born, I am. And you dare ask me silly and idiotic questions?
Then the Jews said to Him,‘You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?’ Jesus said to them,‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.’ Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John 8:57-59)

This is part of the discussion Jesus had with the religious leaders of His day. He was telling them He is God. He used the same term that God used when He appeared to Moses in the burning bush (Exodus 3:14). The religious leaders knew what He was claiming, and that is why they picked up stones to stone Him, but it was neither the time nor the way Jesus was to die.

This claim of Jesus to be eternal was a claim to be divine. Thus, in the eyes of the Jews He was guilty of blasphemy, a sin punishable by stoning. This and related passages in this Gospel are devastatingly powerful in refuting the presumptuous notions of skeptics who say Jesus never claimed to be very God incarnate [in the flesh].

"God identifies Himself as I AM WHO I AM. Revealing His divine name declares His character and attributes, reinforcing that the issue is not who Moses is, but who is with him. This name is related to the Hebrew verb meaning "to be," and so implies the absolute existence of God. The Hebrew here is also the source of the English,‘Yahweh,’‘Jehovah,’ or ‘LORD.’" (New Spirit Filled Life Bible)

"And God said to Moses,‘I AM WHO I AM.’ And He said,‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel,‘I AM has sent me to you.’ Moreover God said to Moses,‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel:‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’" (Exodus 3:14-15)

Location hidden

#176531 May 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Spirit of God himself lives within me, I received it in August 1983, 1984 was the "acceptable year of the Lord" Isaiah 61:1-2. And you're right, I'm not righteous, I'm holy and it's taken over 25 years to become holy. I am perfect in the law and I will die rejecting Jesus, idolatry is sin and that is what you practice. I can almost guarantee you that you'll be the one who will burst into flames.
You are an ignorant fool.
You cannot obey the law with out violating the law.
That is why God sent Jesus so that your soul can be righteous through the righteousness of Jesus.
We are all sinners and do not deserve to be forgiven of our sins.
Jesus was sinless and was made sin so that our sins are upon him so that by the righteousness of Jesus we are acceptable to God.

God resurrected Jesus because Jesus was sinless and paid the price of death for sin, being separated from God on the cross.

You don't get!
Our spirit is of God and belongs to God, yet God clothed our spirit with human flesh.

So if God can do that with our spirit is there any reason God can not cloth His own Spirit with flesh and come among us and die for our sins?
No!
And that is exactly what God did for us to save our spirit from the fires of hell.

You don't get! by you forgiving your father does not mean your father is saved from the fires of hell.
But your unforgiven towards him leaves you in a state of hate and bitterness which is unacceptable to God.

You need to pray for your father that he may be enlightened to the wrong he committed towards you, so that he too may come to you and ask forgiveness from you, and confess his sins to God, and ask for forgiveness from God.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176532 May 17, 2013
MUQ has stated on more than one occasion that Muhammad killed not more than 1000 people but BMZ repeatedly keeps saying that Muhammad did not kill a single person. So, why this divergence of opinion between MUQ and BMZ? Besides, the Quran is chock-full of instances of Muhammad exhorting his followers to kill the polytheists, idolaters, abusers of Allah-Muhammad and those who refuse to pay Jizziya/Zakat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) May 10 Xmas 118
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr '17 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr '17 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb '17 stalk this 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '17 Eagle 12 4,947
More from around the web