Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256389 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#176263 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read carefully. You said this. "Me and the profit already pointed out it's not Muhammad by analizing the text,"
I was elaborating and telling you that Muhammad did claim that past books mentioned him, but that he never said where so that nobody could scrutinize his claim. You haven't read the Quran, I have, so I'm giving you additional info.
The me and the profit thing... etc belong to another post of mine.

Here is the post you should have picked, post #176174:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...

In the post #176174 is where you said: "Muhammad never even said this about himself."

If you look at that post the my part, you should read: "WTF Muhammad has to do with Deut 18:15-18 is a mystery. But then a Muslim has not choice but to obey to Allah aka Muhammad SAID about ABOUT HIMSELF"

When I said, what Muhammad has to do with Deut 18:15-18 doesn't mean at all that Muhammad said he found on Deut 18:15-18

When I said, a Muslim obey to what Muhammad said about himself, it doesn't imply at all that Muhammad said he is Deut 18:15-18, I was referring, in general, to the fact if he (Muhammad) say something stupid, false etc, a muslim has not choice but to obey.

Thanks for the addictional infos you gave me, but sincerely I already knew that Muhammad never gave any biblical reference about himself, but has only give vague reference about it. I know this because I have read the Quran too. Don't think you are the only one.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176264 May 15, 2013
Mengal wrote:
who="the profit"]Can we stop with the Physics now and get back to religion? Geez, Joel, you really got hurt by my comment, didn't you. If it makes you happy, you know "some" things about Physics. Does that make you happy now? I'm not the one who claimed to know all about it in the first place, you were and you didn't even name Newton's first law of motion and that is something that anybody with a Physics 101 education recognizes and can name right away.
Snow wrote:
The snowflakes falling on us, millions and millions, causing fun for some and trouble for others!
Did you notice the shape of the snow crystals?
They are fantastic in form and all are different even when the main structure is similar. Just look it up for pictures. What forms these crystals?
It is just the vapor in the air, low temperature and the atomic structures of water. This is how things just happen by itself under the laws of nature!
It is a picture on how even life just happened as a result of some accidental structure
Snow.
Sure, that's "possible", but when you get into deeper questions as to how any of this happens at all, it becomes much more uncertain.
Mengal wrote:
Mengal
Dear Snow, You are right, that is what I am saying, that structure and material is same than why different result. Snow in the beginning was water and in the end also finish as water, But what about the structure of other material or chemicals they why in different shapes in different characteristics exists and further plays different roles Just look towards the suns heat its generating it self so as blasts atoms explosions, a living entity.
Not necessarily, it could be a mechanism started by a greater idea.
Mengal wrote:
Consider the sea what wonderful law applicable to it, or how living like an intelligent entity.
Or it has no intelligence at all but follows the intelligent rules that set it up.
Mengal wrote:
Where it rolled it in the mornings, and how perfectly in the same hours colliding to the shore unrest? From where you brought the word Nature and what is it, Alas-where your mind sticks. Please raise your self above of the same and do think a role of creator. Take a copy of Quran particularly of Islamic university of Pakistan. I have seen translation of Quran by pickthal who I think have not come near the original meaning of Quran.
Can you give a good example where he totally changed the meaning? And what about other translators? Did they ALL get it completely wrong? I doubt it.
Mengal wrote:
Though he has honestly tried and he himself latter on accepted Islam. But real meaning only appear you when you find a correct English translation. Actually I am of opinion that English language is unable to bring the original hidden meaning, it only possible when you know some Arabic.
But tell us all great examples of what they are missing and tell us the significance of what they are missing. Does it change the Quran's meaning in some true way? If so, why isn't any true Arabic speaking and English speaking person bringing these clear differences to light?

This seems to me to be a well worn out excuse to hide things when they are potentially embarrassing. I talked with a former Muslim who knows Arabic very well, and he even says the Quran is a little bit watered down by the translations. Do you know what parts he said were watered down? The VIOLENT parts because translators are trying to make the Quran more acceptable to western sensibilities, so it's always the problematic verses that never seem to be translated correctly.

If you can prove him wrong, please do so and give examples and tell us of the true significance on how it changes the message of the Quran.

Is that a fair request?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#176265 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
I am sure of the meaning in the correct context pertaining to Jihad ......is a... reality that non-Muslims are confronted with.
Shamma wrote:

As Christians we do not practice the Old Testament but the teachings of the New Testament, by Christ and the apostles. so any arguments to try and castigate Christians for doing the same fail miserably.....
Hello worshipper of naked pagan on phallus, how are you?

Is the pope planning to give you sainthood as you must be a good candidate with your level of ignorance and insincerity?

My humble question to you:
If you don't practicve the Old Testament WHY DO YOU CARRY IT WITH YOU LIKE A MULE?
Ditch it!

Then your "NT" will collapse instantly with all it's lies made up after the departure of Jesus.

You know that NT is dead without the Jewish books, I am sure!
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176266 May 15, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The me and the profit thing... etc belong to another post of mine.
Here is the post you should have picked, post #176174:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
In the post #176174 is where you said: "Muhammad never even said this about himself."
If you look at that post the my part, you should read: "WTF Muhammad has to do with Deut 18:15-18 is a mystery. But then a Muslim has not choice but to obey to Allah aka Muhammad SAID about ABOUT HIMSELF"
I already explained this, but I don't care anyway. It really has little to do with the issues at hand, so I'm not going to go off on a side road just to prove I'm right or wrong. I added what I added.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176267 May 15, 2013
polo wrote:
In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.
Quran 4:171
They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers. Quran 5:72
They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the third of three." And there is no god except one God. And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment. Quran 5:73
So will they not repent to Allah and seek His forgiveness? And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. Quran 5:74
The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food. Look how We make clear to them the signs; then look how they are deluded. Quran 5:75
Say, "Do you worship besides Allah that which holds for you no [power of] harm or benefit while it is Allah who is the Hearing, the Knowing?" Quran 5:76
Say, "O People of the Scripture, do not exceed limits in your religion beyond the truth and do not follow the inclinations of a people who had gone astray before and misled many and have strayed from the soundness of the way." Quran 5:77
Cursed were those who disbelieved among the Children of Israel by the tongue of David and of Jesus, the son of Mary. That was because they disobeyed and [habitually] transgressed. Quran 5:78
Read The Last & Final Testament Of God On Line With An Open Mind
http://www.dar-us-salam.com/T ...
Islam is a disgrace to the humanity of the human race.
It is a religion without a moral conscience.

Where ever Muslims migrate too, death and destruction follows.
Lying, rape, robbery, and murder are the laws of Muslims that is written in their mind and heart.

In the mind of Muslims only a Muslim can boast that they are not guilty of sin against their god they call Allah.

All non-Muslims in the mind of a Muslim are guilty of transgressing against their god Allah, and must convert to their religion of Muhammad, or pay a tax to Muslims to live as an inferior low class person. or be killed by Muslims.

Muslims give their loyalty to Muhammad by living their life of Jihad against all non-Muslims.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176268 May 15, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is the pope planning to give you sainthood as you must be a good candidate with your level of ignorance and insincerity?
If you don't practicve the Old Testament WHY DO YOU CARRY IT WITH YOU LIKE A MULE?
Ditch it!
Then your "NT" will collapse instantly with all it's lies made up after the departure of Jesus.
Read Jeremiah 31
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176269 May 15, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ditch it!
BTW folks, this is a guy who claimed he was a former priest. Now while it could be believed that a former priest could convert to Islam, does this actually sound like a former priest? Muslims love to falsely claim that they used to be Christians because they think that if they say this, their words will hold more water. Why do you think they want a parade when a western person converts? It's all part of their childish mind set and they don't even know enough to realize how childish it looks.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176270 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Islam is a disgrace to the humanity of the human race.
It is a religion without a moral conscience.
Where ever Muslims migrate too, death and destruction follows.
Lying, rape, robbery, and murder are the laws of Muslims that is written in their mind and heart.
In the mind of Muslims only a Muslim can boast that they are not guilty of sin against their god they call Allah.
All non-Muslims in the mind of a Muslim are guilty of transgressing against their god Allah, and must convert to their religion of Muhammad, or pay a tax to Muslims to live as an inferior low class person. or be killed by Muslims.
Muslims give their loyalty to Muhammad by living their life of Jihad against all non-Muslims.
You need to quote more verses from the Quran to confirm what you say, even those were enough for me.

Location hidden

#176271 May 15, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ditch it!
You are ignorant of God in the Jews Scripture Alex.

God made a New and more perfect Covenant with the Jews and Gentiles through Jesus Christ in the NT Gospels of Jesus.

Jeremiah 31:31-35
New International Version (NIV)
31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[a] them,[b]”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another,‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
Jesus death and resurrection on the cross brought the New Covenant to all peoples of the earth Alex.

Gods grace and mercy for the forgiveness of sin is covered under the New Covenant of the cross of Jesus Alex.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#176272 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW folks, this is a guy who claimed he was a former priest. Now while it could be believed that a former priest could convert to Islam, does this actually sound like a former priest? Muslims love to falsely claim that they used to be Christians because they think that if they say this, their words will hold more water. Why do you think they want a parade when a western person converts? It's all part of their childish mind set and they don't even know enough to realize how childish it looks.
hey jeffrey wright, sound doc, jinny martini, arnold and many others!
Who cares what you think because you are a weirdo.
Here is the question....answer it properly...
Ditch it!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#176273 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant of God in the Jews Scripture Alex.
God made a New and more perfect Covenant with the Jews and Gentiles through Jesus Christ in the NT Gospels of Jesus.
Jeremiah 31:31-35
New International Version (NIV)
31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[a] them,[b]”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another,‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
Jesus death and resurrection on the cross brought the New Covenant to all peoples of the earth Alex.
Gods grace and mercy for the forgiveness of sin is covered under the New Covenant of the cross of Jesus Alex.
Apparently I am not the only ignorant one.
Jesus who told you to worship G-d alone is ignorant?
The Jews who worship G-d and NOT Jesus are ignorant?
Billions of humans who don't worship a naked pagan ooziong off a phallus are ignorant?
If you twist and accept Jeremiah 31, then accept the rest of the Jewish books.
Why do you cherry pick, dear mangod worshipping pagan?
Did Jesus tell you to ignore the Jewish books?
You are a pagan who is destined to end up in hell for insulting Jesus.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#176274 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey folks? how many people take you seriously dear jinny martini the TV?

Do you think that Christianity is growing or shrinking.
Answer carefully..ok?

Do you still see demons and spirits?
Have you seen a doctor about this condition?

Location hidden

#176275 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to quote more verses from the Quran to confirm what you say, even those were enough for me.
Muslims preach that sermon to non-Muslims every day to non-Muslims.
Where have you been?

The the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) sent a letter to the ruler of Egypt with the message:

To Muqawqis, Vicegerent of Egypt

In the name of Allah the most beneficent the most merciful

Peace be on him who has taken the right course. Thereafter, I invite you to accept Islam. Therefore, if you want security, accept Islam. If you accept Islam, God, the Sublime, shall reward you doubly. But if you refuse to do so, responsibility for the transgression of the entire nation shall be yours.

O people of the Book! Leaving aside all matters of difference and dispute, agree on a matter which is equally consistent between you and us and it is that we should not worship anyone except God and that we should neither associate anyone with Him, nor make anyone else as our god.

If you refuse it, you must know that we, in all circumstances, believe in Oneness of God.

Seal: MUHAMMAD THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH

Al-Muqawqis ordered that the letter should be placed in an ivory casket, to be kept safely in the government treasury, and he sent the following reply:

From Muqawqis I read your letter and understood what you have written. I know that the coming of a Prophet is still due. But I thought, he would be born in Syria – I have treated your messenger with respect and honor. I am sending two maids for you as presents. These maids belong to a very respectable family amongst us. In addition I send for you clothes and a Duldul (steed) for riding. May God bestow security on you.

The two maids mentioned are Maria al-Qibtiyya and her sister Sirin.

the prophet gave her sister Sirin to Hassan bin Thabit.
Maria embraced Islam and from her, his son Ibrahim was born.

Maria was beautiful and she caused jealousy to the wife of the prophet the mother of the believers Aisha .

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/islam/1804505-...

Location hidden

#176276 May 15, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently I am not the only ignorant one.
Jesus who told you to worship G-d alone is ignorant?
The Jews who worship G-d and NOT Jesus are ignorant?
Billions of humans who don't worship a naked pagan ooziong off a phallus are ignorant?
If you twist and accept Jeremiah 31, then accept the rest of the Jewish books.
Why do you cherry pick, dear mangod worshipping pagan?
Did Jesus tell you to ignore the Jewish books?
You are a pagan who is destined to end up in hell for insulting Jesus.
The the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) sent a letter to the ruler of Egypt with the message:

Peace be on him who has taken the right course. Thereafter, I invite you to accept Islam. Therefore, if you want security, accept Islam. If you accept Islam, God, the Sublime, shall reward you doubly. But if you refuse to do so, responsibility for the transgression of the entire nation shall be yours.

O people of the Book! Leaving aside all matters of difference and dispute, agree on a matter which is equally consistent between you and us and it is that we should not worship anyone except God and that we should neither associate anyone with Him, nor make anyone else as our god.

If you refuse it, you must know that we, in all circumstances, believe in Oneness of God.

Al-Muqawqis ordered that the letter should be placed in an ivory casket, to be kept safely in the government treasury, and he sent the following reply:

From Muqawqis I read your letter and understood what you have written. I know that the coming of a Prophet is still due. But I thought, he would be born in Syria – I have treated your messenger with respect and honor. I am sending two maids for you as presents. These maids belong to a very respectable family amongst us. In addition I send for you clothes and a Duldul (steed) for riding. May God bestow security on you.

Maria was beautiful and she caused jealousy to the wife of the prophet the mother of the believers Aisha .

Muhammad got rich offering protection against his army of Muslims that slay those that reject Muhammad's religion of Islam.
Babar

Hurricane, WV

#176277 May 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Isa is already dead, dust and bones. Let him rip.
I believe if he tries to come again, he will be killed by a missile fired at him by IDF and will be blown into pieces.
Thus saith the LORD!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176278 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Embarrassing is not the word you should be using rabbee.
the word you should be using rabbe is "Disgrace"
For all that God created was good rabbe, but you chose to disgrace God by your own free will and disobey Gods command not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
It is you rabbee that has cursed all mankind by your disobedience to God.
rabbee: nah i know now, it was all you talking grandcritters idea given to your grandmother again. and so your disgrace, is my and your grandmother's embarrassment to bare. so don't give with any delusions of your being sooo innocent. since your also the reason, all our grandchildren are G-D ugly talking critters too.
Babar

Hurricane, WV

#176279 May 15, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ditch it!
Al-EX the PHALLOCENTRIC,

What HAVEN'T you fantasized about?
Babar

Hurricane, WV

#176280 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad got rich offering protection against his army of Muslims that slay those that reject Muhammad's religion of Islam.
Mohammad believed in his calling. It made him a murderer.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176281 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims preach that sermon to non-Muslims every day to non-Muslims.
Where have you been?
Right here and there's nothing that you can tell me either about Christianity nor Islam. I don't even read you posts anymore. They get in my way.
Babar

Hurricane, WV

#176282 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Al-EX the PHALLOCENTRIC may actually have been a Christian priest of some sort, but he's definitely not much of a Muslim, because his defenses of Mohammad and the Qur'an have been pathetically lame, to the point of non-existent, IMO. Al would much rather attack Christianity, because that's what he thinks he knows...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Apr 5 helpful links 22
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Mar '18 Apittman010 480
I'm searching for answers Feb '18 You and everyone 3
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '18 superwilly 5,154
News How to Cast a Spell to Levitate Objects (Jun '10) Feb '18 Arturo 6
News "Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Feb '18 Boogie man 50
Journalism Diorama(s): Pluralism Theocracy Jan '18 Abishai100 1