Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#176151 May 14, 2013
Did you notice "all that babbling from our friend Shamma".

He / She has touched "every point" except the proofs that God spoke to Moses and Abraham!!

That is the level on which these people play.

And they expect that I would engage in an "pointless and endless debates / discussions with them?

No Chance!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#176152 May 14, 2013
Proofs that Gospel of Barnabas is 15th Century forgery- Part-5

Bryant- 24

“Eve is said to have eaten an "apple" in Paradise (Chapters 40 and 41). We are well aware that Eve ate an unspecified fruit, but the belief that this was an apple dates from a very much later date.“

MUQ:

1. This is again a strange accusation, and how does it prove GOB to be a 15th century forgery?

2. IF OT books said that Eves ate Orange and GOB said that she ate Apple, it would not make it a forgery, only a contradiction.

Bryant- 25

Another proof of the Gospel of Barnabas being Medieval in origin, is that we have a report (Chapter 99) of a duel between two rival lovers. This type of chivalry was a creation of Medieval society “

MUQ:

1. This is another example of “Doubt Manufacturing Factory”. They use every imaginative approach to prove their point.

2, Fight between rivals for damsel is as old as Human history, we see one such duel between Abel and Cain the two sons of Adam

3. But our Geniuses believe that rivalry between suitor sonly started in Medieval centuries!!

4. How can one reason with such people?

Bryant- 26

In Chapter 80 of the Gospel of Barnabas we find a story about Daniel, which has it that he was taken captive by Nebuchadnezzar while he was yet two years old.…., Daniel was only three years old (Gairdner, page 26). Daniel was in fact born in 621 B.C. and the captivity began in 605 B.C., so he was 16 years old when taken prisoner.

MUQ:

1. How come this proves GOB to be a 15th century forgery? At most this could be taken as error and mistake in this Gospel and tell me which of OT and NT book is free from such mistakes?

2. On the face of it, Daniel being a small child is more reasonable, seeing that he was freed after 70 years of captivity, then took Jewish missions to Persian King, his son Darius and even his grandson..

3. If he was an adult at the time of deportation, then he would be of such an advanced age at the time of release that these acts are not very feasible from such an old person.

Bryant- 27

We read that Ishmael was offered on the altar by Abraham (Chapter 44). This is clearly an Islamic concept.

MUQ:

1. That is not an Islamic concept, that is a statement to correct the ancient mistake and bias of Jews.

2. It can be proven from OT books that Isaac could never have been the child of sacrifice. There are a lots of contradiction in the Biblical version.

3. Jesus in GOB corrects that “original mistake” of Jews.

4,. But how come it makes GOB a 15th century forgery?

Bryant- 28

“God is said to be the God of Abraham, ISHMAEL and Isaac in Chapter 212. It should read, according to the O.T. the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.“

MUQ:

1. Is God of Ishmael different from God of Isaac and Jacob?

2. The statement of GOB is perfectly true and corrects the bias of Jews who some how try to remove Ishmael from the progeny of Abraham.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#176153 May 14, 2013
Babar wrote:
BTW, Zipperhead,

QUR'AANIC Jesus didn't order anyone's execution.

That must be why you really do hold him in contempt. He wasn't the MANLY MAN thst Mohammad the MURDERER was, right?
I have already addressed this before, Buford.

You must remember that Jesus was born and brought up as a Jew. The Jews were fiercely monotheistic, religion of God was in place and people already had the scripture. They worshipped only one God and were not pagans. And people were not fighting with each other. So, Jesus was a nobody in that sense. And always keep in mind that Jesus and his followers were never attacked and never tortured.

He brought nothing new and came with nothing new and left nothing new.

He did not introduce a new religion and a new God. Had he done that, he would have lost his head or would have been stoned to death the minute he spoke any nonsense.

However, looking at the way he lived under the Roman occupation, the biblical Jesus was sissy and a wimp. He did not stand up for his people, did nothing and instead, appeased the Romans.

Muhammad, on the other hand, boldly declared to the fierce Meccan pagans/idolaters "There is only one God and there is no other God besides God Almighty" and this was something totally new to the pagan Meccans and that is when people became his enemies. He and his followers were persecuted and attacked. Jesus did not go through all that.

If Jesus had gone to Mecca, he would have lost his head within minutes of opening his mouth.

Hope this helped a lot.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#176154 May 14, 2013
SC wrote:
Hello MUQ,

Here some food for thought, you need. What you have given is just a little part of the similarity between Dante's work and GOB, although there are things that Dante have invented about Hell and curiosly GOB reported as they are truth. So now I'll give a larger part of it.

"The Italian poet Dante lived about the time of the composition of the G.o.B.(1265-1321) and it is interesting to notice a number of quotations from .., not to be tortured, but to see the unbelievers in their torments, recalls to mind Dante's picture of the same. The differentiation between degrees of glory, and the absence of all feuds and jealousies in heaven, are ..

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-judas-gospel -...

Dante copied from GOB.

Good job at deceiving yourself.
Ans.

This is a beauty of human mind, they can "prove" anything to be true.

Do we not have "idol worshippers", "those who worship many gods", those who worship a Triune God , and those who worship Only One God?

Each proving that he is speaking the truth and has "proofs" for it.

Have not you people "proven" that Quran is just a "imperfect copy" of Biblical tales?

So if you can "prove" that GOB is copied from Dante, what can I say about it.

You need more than this info to "prove" that GOB copied from Dante.

Since GOB is much older in time than Dante. If any one "copied" from GOB, it would be Dante.

Can we say that Bible Copied from Quran?

Why you people become so "dumb" when you try proving the impossible?

It has something to do with the state of your minds.

You "decide first" what you are going to prove and then gather bits and pieces from here and there to prove your "already decided conclusion"

This is a common trait which I see in "committed people", and I am sorry that you also have taken the same position.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#176155 May 14, 2013
SC wrote:
CORRECTION POST #176028

1) Can you tell me WHO, WHERE and WHEN set all the criterion from which we can establish who is the true prophet of god and who is not?

You know, according to any MUM his or her son is the most beautiful one ever born in this world. No matter which son you show to them, they won't never accept another as more beautiful of their own son. You Muslims are the same, no matter that out there, there are books better off than Quran you still BELIEVE Quran is the best book ever.
Ans.

01. Search your own scripture and find out "all the qualities" of True prophets of God that are mentioned there.

Combine then and make a list, and check and verify as to how many qualities and criterion whom you "believe" to be True prophets fulfill.

This is a time consuming and slow process and needs thorough study of your own scripture.

Some time back I started this discussion with some one on this very thread, but after a couple of exchanges, my correspondent lost interest in the discussion, because he did not study his scripture well.

If you think, you have patience and time for doing it with me, I will be very happy.

But it has to be done is a slow process, one point at a time, not a free for all, moving around the circle type of endless arguments, which are trade marks of these threads,

02. It is not as simple as that , You should have criterion for which book is greatest also.

Fix those criterion and then let us analyze, which is the Greatest book in the world.

Let us be logical and objective and do not deal in hyperbole, should we?

bmz

Singapore

#176156 May 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Did you notice "all that babbling from our friend Shamma".

He / She has touched "every point" except the proofs that God spoke to Moses and Abraham!!

That is the level on which these people play.

And they expect that I would engage in an "pointless and endless debates / discussions with them?
No Chance!!
Better, keep hammering that point. Usually, she shies away from discussing.

Salaams
BMZ

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176157 May 15, 2013
Power of prophecy and demonstration of paranormal phenomena are the signs of prophethood as well as of demonic possession. Besides, the prophecies invariably fail and the paranormal powers brought into manifestation are too evanescent and feeble to engineer a transformation of the unregenerate earth nature and so the world conditions remain as perverse as before or in many cases they get worse. One look at the sadistic and ignorant teachings of these so-called prophets and a cursory analysis of the mess their teachings have created in those societies where they have a mass following are sufficient to label such prophets as madmen or evil hate-mongers.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176158 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand prophet (I think that's what you mean)
No, it's a joke. Get it? Get it?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
that the snake was a part of Adams anatomy[/QUOTER]

Quote it from the Torah. You can't. You are merely making things up.

[QUOTE who="susanblange"] <quoted text>
and what Adam and Eve did was sodomy.
The word sodomy was used in the Torah, but not in Genesis 2 or 3.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam was the first and your typical male and in that sense all men have inherited original sin.
All HUMANS have.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan (Adam) would be punished and executed with a sword mainly for the "crucifixion" which was actually something totally different and unique. Isaiah 27:1. Not only was Eve Adams wife, she was also his daughter and the seed of or second Eve (the Messiah) will conquer both Lucifer (Jesus) and Satan (Adam)
None of this is supported in the scriptures at all, you are merely making all of this up. And once again, you completely ignored Jeremiah 31. So you're no even a person that can have a serious, reasonable discussion. Thanks for your time.

Location hidden

#176160 May 15, 2013
SUSAN: "The snake was a part of Adams anatomy."

Snake refers to the peristaltic upsurge of the subtle force coiled in the force center at the base of Adam's spine that got aroused and snaked its way to the emotional force center in the middle of the chest region. This means that Adam was fully involved in vital emotions of the baser kind and that the mind element in him was hardly awakened. Yes, the entire scripture is based on the lower vital consciousness-force that's figuratively depicted in the book as the breath/wind of life or the vital airs.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176161 May 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
SUSAN: "The snake was a part of Adams anatomy."
Snake refers to the peristaltic upsurge of the subtle force coiled in the force center at the base of Adam's spine that got aroused and snaked its way to the emotional force center in the middle of the chest region. This means that Adam was fully involved in vital emotions of the baser kind and that the mind element in him was hardly awakened. Yes, the entire scripture is based on the lower vital consciousness-force that's figuratively depicted in the book as the breath/wind of life or the vital airs.
Verses please? The snake was a symbol of evil, nothing more. I didn't read were they had sex as soon as they ate the fruit or were Adam got horny and decided to convince Eve to eat the fruit. All I read was that they were embarrassed about being naked after eating the fruit. Both you and susan are just making up whatever you feel like.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176162 May 15, 2013
BTW, I hope people realize that the story of Adam and Eve has Sumerian roots.

Location hidden

#176163 May 15, 2013
Eating the fruit symbolizes perceiving the world through the sensual faculties that as a result awakened in them the baser emotions.
bmz

Singapore

#176164 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Verses please? The snake was a symbol of evil, nothing more. I didn't read were they had sex as soon as they ate the fruit or were Adam got horny and decided to convince Eve to eat the fruit. All I read was that they were embarrassed about being naked after eating the fruit. Both you and susan are just making up whatever you feel like.
I am with you on this. They did not have sex in the Garden.

It might have gone like this:

Said Eve, "You look funny! Something dangling down there."

Said Adam, "You also look funny with some extra things on top and nothing dangling."

Joel believes in the same but puts in a longer way.
bmz

Singapore

#176165 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
Quite possible. They might have had a prophet, who told them long, long before Abraham. And things changed over centuries.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#176166 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
A mere 20 or so verses from deut show us clearly what was meant by brothers in 18:18
Deuteronomy 17
14 When thou art come unto the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me;
15 Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the Lord thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.
Deuteronomy 18
15 The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
17 And the Lord said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
It's impossible to think that God would tell the Jews to appoint Arabs, who were pagan at that time, to be kings over them rather than fellow Israelites. Brothers or fellow bretheren meant fellow Israelites.
20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Muhammad clearly DID die and Muslims merely ignore this. One can argue whether Jesus actually died or not, but I don't think it's about him either. But it's CLEARLY not about Muhammad.
Well, that was my point. It's clear from the Deut 18:15-18 that YHVH promised to raise up a prophet among the people Moses freed that will heir the promise land. Muhammad was an arab of Yemeni origin and he didn't come for the people of the promise land.

WTF Muhammad has to do with Deut 18:15-18 is a mystery. But then a Muslim has not choice but to obey to Allah aka Muhammad said about himself, so you have their nonsense. There is no way you cant change their minds.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#176168 May 15, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that was my point. It's clear from the Deut 18:15-18 that YHVH promised to raise up a prophet among the people Moses freed that will heir the promise land. Muhammad was an arab of Yemeni origin and he didn't come for the people of the promise land.
WTF Muhammad has to do with Deut 18:15-18 is a mystery. But then a Muslim has not choice but to obey to Allah aka Muhammad said about himself, so you have their nonsense. There is no way you cant change their minds.
Instead of getting biased and raising foolish exception, did our prophet "started his mission" saying Bible mentions me as a Prophet?

Who were his first audiences? Pagans of Makkah. What did they know of Bible and its prophesies?

And our prophet had not read Bible, neither OT nor NT, he was not able to read and write, and he had no human teacher or tutor.

The Question as to he being prophesized in Jewish and Christian scriptures rose when he fled to Medina and had dealings with Jews and Christians.

It was there that Quran told that He was prophesized by Moses and Jesus. And when we see the OT and NT, we find him being mentioned there!!

So your argument is basically wrong, our prophet did not claim prophethood because he was aware of these "prophesies" in OT and NT.

That was one side of the argument, now you analyze Deut. 18:18 and tell me which prophet God raised that matches the criterion of that verse.

Hint:

That prophet had not come into the word by the time Time of John the Baptist, as Gospel of John chapter 1 verses 1-27 confirm.

This is a good subject and let us hear your views on it.

Location hidden

#176169 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop musing about what you are not educated about. Thank you.
LOL

I'm afriad he won't stop it. For some arcane reason he thinks to know Science arts better than anyone else but at the same he's not aware of the crap he writes, and keep himself in high esteem.

Well, let him go on with this writing, at least we can have a good laugh.

Location hidden

#176170 May 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.

So if you can "prove" that GOB is copied from Dante, what can I say about it.
You need more than this info to "prove" that GOB copied from Dante.
Since GOB is much older in time than Dante. If any one "copied" from GOB, it would be Dante.
Divine Comedy was composed between 1308-1321

The two manuscripts of GOB were composed 16th century AD.

What is the oldest? Besides I gave you the entire version of the similarity between the two books, there are things in there about hell that no found any confirmation from the Bible. Where did GOB got that? Meantime make your Math.

Location hidden

#176171 May 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Search your own scripture and find out "all the qualities" of True prophets of God that are mentioned there.
Combine then and make a list, and check and verify as to how many qualities and criterion whom you "believe" to be True prophets fulfill.
This is a time consuming and slow process and needs thorough study of your own scripture.
Some time back I started this discussion with some one on this very thread, but after a couple of exchanges, my correspondent lost interest in the discussion, because he did not study his scripture well.
If you think, you have patience and time for doing it with me, I will be very happy.
But it has to be done is a slow process, one point at a time, not a free for all, moving around the circle type of endless arguments, which are trade marks of these threads,
02. It is not as simple as that , You should have criterion for which book is greatest also.
Fix those criterion and then let us analyze, which is the Greatest book in the world.
Let us be logical and objective and do not deal in hyperbole, should we?
I don't have any scripture so I don't know what you are talking about? Just answer to simple questions, who, where, and when was set the criterion to establish whether or not someone is a true prophet of god.

Location hidden

#176172 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
Like the deluge story.

No, people here won't realize that as they are not free thinkers nor do they have made some research about the book they are putting faith in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Sat thetruth 14,656
Dreams Apr 28 ChannieB 1
Coincidence or some kind of sign? Apr 24 ChristySoy 1
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr 3 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr '15 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar '15 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
More from around the web