Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176223 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect anything from you and I didn't even read the rest of your post.
rabbee: oh really! really now. then why do you expect that i should believe you, rather than TheG-D WHO BOTH came to speak to me?

and the third time, i had to go to THEM in Heaven. which was not! my idea either. i did not expect, a three and a half day trip to HEAVEN in Heavens. or i would have, packed a suitcase.

so apparently, it was a sudden come as you are invitation. all i knew was, i was going to see G-D again. and to go to, the top of a mountain. and as usual, the rest was all unexpected.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176224 May 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us love Rabbee. Please be nice to him. He has his own style.
Yeah, I guess. But I'm not wasting any time with him so I won't be mean to him at all unless he thinks that no attention is mean.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176225 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect anything from you and I didn't even read the rest of your post.
rabbee: yes and you don't, actually read TheTorah either. why are G-D and i, not surprised?
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176226 May 15, 2013
Ok, Joel, that enough of the Physics. All I asked about was Newton's first law of motion.

An object at rest remains at rest unless acted upon by a force. An object in motion remains in motion, and at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.

Keynesian Physics took that a step further and his principles are used for Satellites, where the proper speed prevents it's inertia from going out into outer space or from crashing into the earth due to gravitational forces, and it just keeps orbiting.

I'm not even a Physicist as you can tell by my blunt, simple language. But I could even talk about Heisenberg's Principle and the very speculative many worlds theories in QM if you would like.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176227 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>

Can you be more specific?
I simply asked you to define motion, the kind of motion and the frame.

As for the pendulum question -

State at least 2 reasons to account for the slowing down of an oscillating pendulum tied to a rigid support with the setup kept in an evacuated chamber.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176228 May 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Assume the pendulum is set into oscillation inside the evacuated chamber.
rabbee: yes joel, we all agree. your swinging back and fourth, in your own vacuum at 29 torr.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176229 May 15, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes and you don't, actually read TheTorah either. why are G-D and i, not surprised?
I can only say why you might not be surprised, and God help you for pretending to speak for God. That is very, very bad.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176230 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>

that's just Keynesian Physics.
Can an "isolated" proton decay to a neutron emitting a positron and a neutrino as suggested by the equation, p = n +(e^+)+ v ?
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176231 May 15, 2013
rabbee, was your son saved from a fatal car accident and he claimed that he only saw a huge white hand scoop him up? If so, did he ever become a Rabbi? He should have been one by now.

Did you ever sell a brilliant idea of yours to the government way back when?
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176232 May 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply asked you to define motion, the kind of motion and the frame.
I didn't see that question but you can repeat it if you wish and I'll try to answer.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the pendulum question -
State at least 2 reasons to account for the slowing down of an oscillating pendulum tied to a rigid support with the setup kept in an evacuated chamber.
See post 176226 above yours.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176233 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
Ok, Joel, that enough of the Physics. All I asked about was Newton's first law of motion.

An object at rest remains at rest unless acted upon by a force. An object in motion remains in motion, and at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.
Incomplete definitions.

Newton's first law is not that simple....

So, you know nothing about inertial and non-inertial frames.

LOL.

QUESTION:

As the earth rotates about its axis, a person living at the equator goes in a circular orbit of radius equal to the radius of the earth. Why does the man not feel weightless as a satellite passenger does?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176234 May 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
How come you're still an ordinary mortal subject to all the natural laws and bodily needs?
I thought that a great man of G-d like you would have become a superhuman being by now.
(smiles)
rabbee: well i have done this story, for thousands and thousands of third or fourth Torot times. what gives you, the false impression i am a mortal like you?

and just because i have, a GREAT G-D as BOTH my Parent. but not so sure about the great man part, after finding out about my missing a rib part. since a man according to G-D, is a most particular male female unit.

and as for the superhuman part, sorry you'll all have to wait. until G-D, goes on TheDay of Vacation again. and THEY give to Us all that power, and vengeance is Ours to get even with.

and being immortal, is no insurance that G-D can't have some mortal kick your butt either. even if you are an immortal, currently in the mortal flesh.

come on joel, where is that alleged great mind of yours? that you cannot think, of what G-D has already done and could still do.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176235 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>

I didn't see that question but you can repeat it if you wish and I'll try to answer.
Shut up, dunce.

You know nothing.

Go debate rabbi.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176236 May 15, 2013
MATH:

For how many positive integral values of n does n! end with precisely 25 zeroes?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176237 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>

rabbee: well i have done this story, for thousands and thousands of third or fourth Torot times. what gives you, the false impression i am a mortal like you?

and just because i have, a GREAT G-D as BOTH my Parent. but not so sure about the great man part, after finding out about my missing a rib part. since a man according to G-D, is a most particular male female unit.

and as for the superhuman part, sorry you'll all have to wait. until G-D, goes on TheDay of Vacation again. and THEY give to Us all that power, and vengeance is Ours to get even with.

and being immortal, is no insurance that G-D can't have some mortal kick your butt either. even if you are an immortal, currently in the mortal flesh.

come on joel, where is that alleged great mind of yours? that you cannot think, of what G-D has already done and could still do.
Please keep quiet.

BTW, this is the first time I'm saying this to you - I have come to like you.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176238 May 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Can an "isolated" proton decay to a neutron emitting a positron and a neutrino as suggested by the equation, p = n +(e^+)+ v ?
I don't know the exact answer to this and I'm not even going to bother to google it, but it looks like it has to do with Einstein's space time unification theory because it has p,n,e,v in it which are the four building blocks of everything that we see according to him. Quantum Physicists of today may beg to differ.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176239 May 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
MORE PHYSICS:
SOUND WAVES DIFFRACT, NOT LIGHT WAVES:
1) Sound waves have large wavelengths of the order of a meter, while the wavelength of a light wave is of the order of a micrometer.
2) The longer the wavelength, the greater is the ability of the wave to bend around obstacles in its path - this phenomenon is known as diffraction.
3) So, sound waves, having large wavelengths, easily bend around big obstacles like buildings, while light waves, having small wavelengths, are unable to diffract around even small objects like a narrow screen.
(wink wink wink)
rabbee: well i have more than a few prisms here, that all says your wrong. it is also known in physics, for light to diffract around the sun and other highly dense objects. even the starbust you see, here on earth or from earth orbit in space just prior to sunrise is evidence of that.

and i don't care how loud, you shout on the opposite side of earth as the space station. they won't, hear you.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176240 May 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
MATH:
For how many positive integral values of n does n! end with precisely 25 zeroes?
Why are you now asking about Math? Math and Physics are two different things although Physics needs math. All I asked you was a simple question of the first law of motion of Newton, and you should have identified what that very easy question was right away and should have even named it. I made it very simple for you. You can find things that you don't even know on Google, but you should have immediately recognized that I was merely asking Newton's first law of motion. Again, I made it easy for you and you should have even named that very simple, Physics 101 law. And it doesn't necessarily have to happen in a vacuum but your first answer suggested that it did.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176241 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i have more than a few prisms here, that all says your wrong. it is also known in physics, for light to diffract around the sun and other highly dense objects.
If I remember correctly, you are correct. In fact, they are inventing suits now that allow light to bend in a certain way to allow a person to appear invisible, kind of like the Predator movie.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176242 May 15, 2013
Can we stop with the Physics now and get back to religion? Geez, Joel, you really got hurt by my comment, didn't you. If it makes you happy, you know "some" things about Physics. Does that make you happy now? I'm not the one who claimed to know all about it in the first place, you were and you didn't even name Newton's first law of motion and that is something that anybody with a Physics 101 education recognizes and can name right away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
Journalism Diorama(s): Pluralism Theocracy Jan 10 Abishai100 1
I'm searching for answers Jan 9 Anonymous 1
Journaling Questions for Deeper Exploration Dec 31 Raavyncloud 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Dec '17 kaleb 18
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct '17 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct '17 Scarlet Hernandez 7
More from around the web