Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#176117 May 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the compliment, dear HughBe.
Once Joel starts having sex, his ex-Master will consider him unclean and will surely stay away.
And Joel must not slack in sex. He will have to do it almost 1-2 times every day for at least six months.
Sex will rid him of that monster. Also the company of a beautiful girl will keep Joel hyper and active.
I am sure Joel will consider getting into the act and surely he will feel better.
Well said, BMZ.
polo

London, UK

#176118 May 14, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he was agitating in Mecca and trashing their beliefs and this is why Muslims, even today, agitate everywhere they go. He was lucky they didn't just kill him, and if you look at what happened later to them, if I were them, I would have thought "we should have killed him when we had the chance but instead we let him go". They were probably thinking this when mister no compulsion in religion was smashing all of their idols after they surrendered without a fight.
They were stupid. They entered into a treaty with him and gave him time to get stronger, and the moment he got strong enough, out comes a conspiracy theory that allowed him to break his 10 year treaty after a mere two years. You didn't honestly think he had any intention of keeping that treaty any longer than he had to, did you? Allah's apostle has to stay away from the Kabba one moment longer than necessary just because he made a treaty? Are you kidding me? The Meccans were complete fools, so in that respect, they got what they deserved.
Your Reply Tells Me You Do Not Have A Clue About Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him)life
And do not follow (blindly) any information of which you have no (direct) knowledge.(Using your faculties of perception and conception, you must verify it for yourself.(In the Court of your Lord,) you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning. "(Quran17:36)
The Life Of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)is Well Documented.And Look For A reliable Source. But also it Depends on your intention.
thehassanabdi

Bolton, UK

#176119 May 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'aan does not confirm that Jesus will return. Stop lying, please.
Some people think that the verse points to his second coming but the verses do not say that
he will be coming back.
What for will he come? That Jesus will come back, is absurd and rubbish and that Jesus is the son of God, is also rubbish, absurd and preposterous.
The HOLY QUR'AN clearly confirms the return of ISA [jesus pbuh].Since ISA [jesus pbuh] ascended to heaven without dying, he will be coming back to finish his mission and meet his death; "And there is none of the people of the book, but must believe in him (i.e. Jesus as an apostle of Allah and a human being), before his death, and on the Day of Judgment, he will be a witness against them." Quran 4/159

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#176120 May 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I dont know why simple things confuse you as so
HughBe--- projection being displayed.
Frijoles---If a nation unilaterally threatens another nation with nukes, then common sense would be that the first nation is not to be trusted with them
HughBe--- what if a nation has a NASTY habit of threatening and executing conflict with other nations but not with nukes, can it be trusted with nukes?
Do you suppose that it is impossible that one day such a nation will threaten with nukes given its warlike nature?
Frijoles---I cant say this any clearer
HughBe--- I KNOW, given your limitations.
Getting back to points not addressed---
HughBe---Tell me dear, what qualifies the US to be TRUSTED as a nuclear power?
Frijoles---Because we USUALLY don't make statements like the one below::
Rajoub: Israel should beware, we are enemies
Palestinian official, interviewed on Lebanese television network, breaks from moderate tone of most PA leaders, states,‘Palestinians are enemies of Israel; if we had nuclear weapons, we would use them against Israel’
HughBe--- Am I to understand that the US must be trusted as a nuclear power because it has not declared itself to be the enemy of ISRAEL?
In other words as long as a country is pro Israel it is trustworthy?
I note your USUALLY and it means that the US makes such statements and must NOT be TRUSTED.
Tell me about the INVASION and the murder of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis by the US?
Where are the WMDs?
The UN said that there was NONE but the US said otherwise.
Do you know that I once heard that almost a MILLION Iraqis died in the war that was first called operation OIL?
Finally and new, a part of your quote reads, "if we had nuclear weapons, we would use them against Israel" and I am now asking you Dr. Flocker to answer the following 3 questions.
1. Does Israel have nuclear weapons for ornamental purposes?
2. Would Israel use them against its enemies?
3. Are the Palestinians regarded as enemies of Israel by the Israelis?
You waste much time on issues that are tangential to my original comment. As such, I shall not entertain them.

I posted a simple comment - basically as a response to an earlier exchange with you about nuclear parity.

My position was stated very clearly.

You need to move on with your life and quit the jihad.
polo

London, UK

#176121 May 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
‘"... there is no historical evidence for the assertion that Abraham or Ishmael was ever in Mecca, and if there had been such a tradition it would have to be explained how all memory of the Old Semitic name Ishmael (which was not in its true Arabian form in Arabian inscriptions and written correctly with an initial consonant Y) came to be lost. The form in the Quran is taken either from Greek or Syriac sources." (Alfred Guillaume, Islam [Penguin Books Inc., Baltimore, 1956], pp. 61-62).
Do Your Own Research
There are Plenty even in your own Bible
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#176122 May 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You waste much time on issues that are tangential to my original comment. As such, I shall not entertain them.
I posted a simple comment - basically as a response to an earlier exchange with you about nuclear parity.
My position was stated very clearly.
You need to move on with your life and quit the jihad.
Frijoles---I posted a simple comment - basically as a response to an earlier exchange with you about nuclear parity.

HughBe--- my comments were even simpler.

FRijoles---You need to move on with your life and quit the jihad

HughBe--- Please indicate the "jihad" in my words which follow.

1.what if a nation has a NASTY habit of threatening and executing conflict with other nations but not with nukes, can it be trusted with nukes?

2.Do you suppose that it is impossible that one day such a nation will threaten with nukes given its warlike nature?

3. what qualifies the US to be TRUSTED as a nuclear power?

4. Am I to understand that the US must be trusted as a nuclear power because it has not declared itself to be the enemy of ISRAEL?

5.In other words as long as a country is pro Israel it is trustworthy?

6.I note your USUALLY and it means that the US makes such statements and must NOT be TRUSTED.

7.Tell me about the INVASION and the murder of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis by the US?

8.Where are the WMDs?

9.The UN said that there was NONE but the US said otherwise.

10.Do you know that I once heard that almost a MILLION Iraqis died in the war that was first called operation OIL?

11.Finally and NEW, a part of your quote reads, "if we had nuclear weapons, we would use them against Israel" and I am now asking you Dr. Flocker to answer the following 3 questions.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#176123 May 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Flocker to answer the following 3 questions.
None of that is relevant to me to the question of nuclear parity, for the reason I already clearly stated.

You appear to have difficulty accepting different opinions.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176124 May 14, 2013
polo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Your Own Research
There are Plenty even in your own Bible
O ready did.
There is tons ans tons of information About Abraham, and none say that He went to mecca.
http://www.historyofmecca.com/archaeology_mec...

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176125 May 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- profound wisdom.
You're obsessed with sex.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176126 May 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

And Joel must not slack in sex. He will have to do it almost 1-2 times every day for at least six months.
LOL.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176127 May 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles---I posted a simple comment - basically as a response to an earlier exchange with you about nuclear parity.

HughBe--- my comments were even simpler.

FRijoles---You need to move on with your life and quit the jihad
HughBe--- Please indicate the "jihad" in my words which follow.

1.what if a nation has a NASTY habit of threatening and executing conflict with other nations but not with nukes, can it be trusted with nukes?

2.Do you suppose that it is impossible that one day such a nation will threaten with nukes given its warlike nature?

3. what qualifies the US to be TRUSTED as a nuclear power?

4. Am I to understand that the US must be trusted as a nuclear power because it has not declared itself to be the enemy of ISRAEL?

5.In other words as long as a country is pro Israel it is trustworthy?

6.I note your USUALLY and it means that the US makes such statements and must NOT be TRUSTED.

7.Tell me about the INVASION and the murder of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis by the US?

8.Where are the WMDs?

9.The UN said that there was NONE but the US said otherwise.
10.Do you know that I once heard that almost a MILLION Iraqis died in the war that was first called operation OIL?

11.Finally and NEW, a part of your quote reads, "if we had nuclear weapons, we would use them against Israel" and I am now asking you Dr. Flocker to answer the following 3 questions.

Why're you bothered about the nuclear question and the infantile Israeli-Palestinian issue that will never be solved and which is appearing more a staged show with each passing day.

Please leave all this nonsense alone and begin posting intelligent stuff for a change.

For starters,

1) What would constitute the ideal educational system?

2) How would you rate the educational system in Jamaica in math, science and tech?

3) Who do you think are the smartest students in the world? Why?

4) Which topic would you like research to be conducted in? Why?

5) Do you like Math?

6) Do you think cold fusion will make a reappearance despite the hype being centered on hot fusion?

7) What does causation mean to you?
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176128 May 14, 2013
To susanblange
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Jeremiah considered an authentic Hebrew book? If it is, why do you ignore it?
I didn't remember discussing this with you. How come?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176129 May 14, 2013
MUSINGS ON PHYSICS:

1) The center of mass of a body can be considered to be that point at which the reaction by the body acts when an external unbalanced force acts on it.

2) The center of gravity of a body placed in a gravitational field is that point through which the net gravitational force by the field acts.

3) The two centers - center of mass and center of gravity - coincide if the gravitational field is uniform and as such the body will possess only a translational acceleration in the direction of the field.

4) The 2 centers - center of mass and center of gravity - do not coincide if the gravitational field surrounding the entire body is not uniform. In such a case, the body will not only have a translational acceleration in the direction of the resultant gravitational force but the body will also have an angular acceleration about its center of mass due to the torque exerted by the gravitational force about the center of mass.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176130 May 14, 2013
It's 2:30 am here. Bye.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#176131 May 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the compliment, dear HughBe.
Once Joel starts having sex, his ex-Master will consider him unclean and will surely stay away.
Sex will rid him of that monster. Also the company of a beautiful girl will keep Joel hyper and active.
I am sure Joel will consider getting into the act and surely he will feel better.
Greetings! and peace to you, bmz. Don't have too much time right now, just checking and was thinking of Joel.
Now, my question is for Joel - as I said, not too much time right now, and since your post came up with mention of Joel, I was just reading about a man from India, I believe, who is said to have not eaten or drunk anything in well over 70 years now -- and he amazingly is still alive. So the reports go. I wouldn't want to be with him, cause he looks awful funny in the weird sense, because I can go for humor, but just wondering if Joel has reached that point yet. Not suggesting he tries it, although I know he was working on it some time back - just wondering.

I hope to be back later.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#176132 May 14, 2013
Must have just missed him.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176133 May 14, 2013
So how come everyone ignores everything that
I have said?

The things I said were clear enough and the questions I asked were clear enough. But its like I never posted them. Should I repeat the same posts?
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176134 May 14, 2013
polo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Reply Tells Me You Do Not Have A Clue About Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him)life
And do not follow (blindly) any information of which you have no (direct) knowledge.(Using your faculties of perception and conception, you must verify it for yourself.(In the Court of your Lord,) you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning. "(Quran17:36)
The Life Of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)is Well Documented.And Look For A reliable Source. But also it Depends on your intention.
I did look for a reliable source, it's called the Quran, hadiths, sunnah and tafsir. Would you like for me to quote them? Would you like for me to quote from what you have never read? If you actually were well read about these, you would never ask me this question.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176135 May 14, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
MUSINGS ON PHYSICS:
1) The center of mass of a body can be considered to be that point at which the reaction by the body acts when an external unbalanced force acts on it.
2) The center of gravity of a body placed in a gravitational field is that point through which the net gravitational force by the field acts.
3) The two centers - center of mass and center of gravity - coincide if the gravitational field is uniform and as such the body will possess only a translational acceleration in the direction of the field.
4) The 2 centers - center of mass and center of gravity - do not coincide if the gravitational field surrounding the entire body is not uniform. In such a case, the body will not only have a translational acceleration in the direction of the resultant gravitational force but the body will also have an angular acceleration about its center of mass due to the torque exerted by the gravitational force about the center of mass.
Please stop musing about what you are not educated about. Thank you.
Babar

Hurricane, WV

#176136 May 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Muslim pudding is blood pudding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep 15 CDDD 55
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep 12 dirt reynolds 121
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep 5 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
More from around the web