Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 220435 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex 123 WM

Ilford, UK

#176006 May 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'aan does not say that those people were turned into animals such as apes and pigs.
it does

Salaams
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176007 May 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You heard it wrong! The G-d of Muhammad was the G-d of Abraham. Is Abraham still in your theTorah or not, Rabbee? May be you kicked him out from theGanEden.
rabbee: does the angel of muhammed, indicate being represented by G-D? does the angel of Paool, indicate that Paool represented G-D?

and if you worship, TheG-D of Avraham, Yeetzak, Yachov, and Moshe. why are you using a new, testament quan? since G-D gave TheWritten Torah to Moshe. i do not see any need, for your quran false accounting history book from the fallible alleged as men.

no i do not think, that G-D came lied to me about this same story THEY gave to Moshe. your the one calling TheG-D of Only TheTorah, a liar with your new testament quran. TheWord of G-D, is not the quran, it is TheTorah given to Moshe.

muslems only think, it is ok to lie to their enemies. even when that enemy is G-D, here in TheTorah. but i shall not bear, false wittness against G-D, whether you do or not.

i am not about to lie, just because the dictators of this world. are against TheTruth and TheWord of G-D here in TheTorah. yell crucify Him all you want, in this second coming. i would rather go to my death of the flesh, than to denounce TheG-D of TheTorah here in IT.

We did not denouce G-D, two thousand years ago. and i shall not today. We who were put to death, were loyal to G-D unto the death of TheOur OneFlesh. no matter what their or your lies are about TheTwice coming of Adam here in always TheTorah from HaShem.

and lies shall forever keep you all out, of TheGarden with G-D.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#176008 May 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You left out the commentary.
The Quran contains very negative and insulting myths about Jews and Christians.
Three of the Quranic verses that reflect these myths are-
2:63 - 65, 5:60, and 7:166.
2:63 - 65 And (O Children of Israel, remember) when We took your covenant and We raised above you the Mount (saying): "Hold fast to that which We have given you, and remember that which is therein so that you may become Al-Muttaqun. Then after that you turned away. Had it not been for the Grace and Mercy of Allah upon you, indeed you would have been among the losers. And indeed you knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath. We said to them: "Be you monkeys, despised and rejected."
#79 The punishment for breach of the Sabbath under the Mosaic law was death. "Every one that defieth it (the Sabbath) shall surely be put to death; for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people." (Exod. xxxi. 14). There must have been a Jewish tradition about a whole fishing community in a seaside town, which persisted in breaking the Sabbath and were turned into apes; cf. vii. 163-166. Or should we translate in both these passages. "Be as apes", instead of "Be apes"? This is the suggestion of Maulvi Muhammad Ali on this passage, on the authority of Mujabid and Ibn Jarir Tabari. The punishment would be, not for the breach of the Sabbath in itself, but for their contumacious defiance of the Law#
*** For once, the interpreter is CORRECT.
Yet once again does Muhammad Plagiarise and Pervert a traditional Jewish story and inserts it in his Quran to make it look original.
The above story is a different version of a Rabbinic original - one among many to be found in Ginzburg's: Legends of the Jews, Vol. 6, p85 - in which ONE Shabbath breaker was turned into an ape by Moses - not Allah ***
5:60 Say (O Muhammad to the people of the Scripture): "Shall I inform you of something worse than that, regarding the recompense from Allah: those (Jews) who incurred the Curse of Allah and His Wrath, those of whom (some) He transformed into monkeys and swines, those who worshipped Taghut (false deities); such are worse in rank (on the Day of Resurrection in the Hellfire), and far more astray from the Right Path."
7:166 So when they exceeded the limits of what they were prohibited, We said to them: "Be you monkeys, despised and rejected." (It is a severe warning to the mankind that they should not disobey what Allah commands them to do, and be far away from what He prohibits them).
*** In the case of 5.60 mentioned above, Allah turned ONLY those who worshipped Taghut into monkeys and swine and no one else.
In the cases 2.63-66 & 7.166, Allah only SAID "Be you monkeys, despised and rejected" and ONLY to those who broke the Sabbath Rule.
No where in all these verses is there either an assertion or an implication that ALL JEWS are Descended from Apes and Swine.
These false and anti Jewish insults were deliberately and mendaciously made by Muhammadan exegetes over the centuries of calumny and insults towards All JEWS, because of the Hatemongering and Warmongering Quranic and Hadiths verses against them ***
I don't go into commentaries because most of the commentaries are absurd. Commentaries by ignorant and confused fools led the Church to come up with the New Testament.

I already gave you an example that if you behave like an ape or a pig, I will say, "Ok, be despised as apes and pigs! However, you will not turn into a snorting pig or an ape.

There is nothing more anti-Jewish than the gospels and the book of Acts.

When Jesus was calling the Jews 'Brood of vipers and snakes', did the Jews become vipers or snakes or was he addressing a gathering of vipers and snakes.

The maximum anti-Jewish filth is in your own gospels.

I am referring to "Jesus said this and the Jews said that" kind of shit!
bmz

Singapore

#176009 May 13, 2013
Alex 123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
it does
Salaams
No, it doesn't, fake bro.

Salaams

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176010 May 13, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma---God takes no consulting from man.
HughBe---Did Frijoles state or imply such a thing?
No.
Just ask if I believed what I posted.
And I replied Absolutely.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176011 May 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't go into commentaries because most of the commentaries are absurd. Commentaries by ignorant and confused fools led the Church to come up with the New Testament.
I already gave you an example that if you behave like an ape or a pig, I will say, "Ok, be despised as apes and pigs! However, you will not turn into a snorting pig or an ape.
There is nothing more anti-Jewish than the gospels and the book of Acts.
When Jesus was calling the Jews 'Brood of vipers and snakes', did the Jews become vipers or snakes or was he addressing a gathering of vipers and snakes.
The maximum anti-Jewish filth is in your own gospels.
I am referring to "Jesus said this and the Jews said that" kind of shit!
LMAO!
No. The Jews remained human beings.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176012 May 13, 2013
do not give me with your, purely mental contrivances. of you or muhammeds, not being here in TheTorah.

when i only accept proof from G-D, about us all here in TheTorah.

G-D already gave to you all, the history of this world against HIM for seven days. and still you all, make up your own alleged as legal history without or against HIM.

your making all the same mistakes as the last two previous Torot times. is not going to convice G-D to change any of it. making all the same mistakes, is not going to get any of us TheGanEden Story ending. your lying, only enables more to lie evenn more.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176013 May 13, 2013
christian lies, jewish lies, agnostic lies, athiest lies, and muslem lies, shall never be in agreement of peace. muslems, christians, and jews, are not even at peace with themselves against G-D. the only things, lying not true to G-D does. is create hell and death differences, between groups of liars. because none of you, are really ONE Flesh with G-D. do not be prould of your being different, than G-D is HOLY. and i have been told, by the totally undevine. that i have no divinity, according their their own mental image in undevine magic.
Round And Round It Goes

Hurricane, WV

#176014 May 13, 2013
Q. How do you know that Mohammad is a true prophet?
A. It says so in the Qur'an.
Q. How do you know that the Qur'an is true?
A. Mohammad said it is.
Q. Where did Mohammad say that the Qur'an is true?
A. In the Qur'an.
Q. What does this prove?
A. It proves that you're a blaspheming infidel.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176015 May 13, 2013
there is got to be, somthing wrong. when even all the birds of the same feather, are not all squawking together.
bmz

Singapore

#176016 May 13, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
there is got to be, somthing wrong. when even all the birds of the same feather, are not all squawking together.
May be busy, Rabbee. Buford just squawked.

Salaams
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#176017 May 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
God already decided for Himself.
What man must do to enter in Gods Kingdom.
Read this carefully MUQ.
Because its your choice to go to heaven or hell.
And up till now MUQ you have chosen to go to hell.
God is Almighty, ruler and judge of all things.
God gave His command and that command must be obeyed.
God put man in the garden to tend to it.
We can discuss all this, but what about your proof that God spoke with Abraham and Moses?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#176018 May 13, 2013
Proofs that Gospel of Barnabas is 15th Century forgery- Part-4

Bryant- 21

The Italian poet Dante lived about the time of the composition of the Gospel of Barnabas (1265-1321) and it is interesting to notice a number of quotations from Dante's works in the Gospel of Barnabas There are many and they can hardly be regarded as coincidences. The Gospel of Barnabas quotes Jesus as saying to Peter: "Know ye therefore, that hell is one, yet hath seven centres one below another. Hence, even as sin is of seven kinds, for as seven gates of hell has Satan generated it: So are seven punishments therein." (Chapter 135a).

This is exactly what Dante says in Cantos V, VI, etc. of his "Inferno".…These few indications are sufficient evidence that the writer of the Gospel of Barnabas must have been acquainted with the writings of Dante and consequently must have I lived after Dante, or else been a contemporary of his.

MUQ:

1. This is another of the strange accusation that has been manufactured in your brain.

2. Why is it not possible for Dante to have taken this idea from GOB and used it in his works?

3, How are you SURE that GOB copied it form Dante and not Vice Versa?

4. Then some one adding some notes and explanation while translating or copying cannot be ruled out.

5. My point is that, have you used the same standard to judge other OT and NT books also? Why use one standard for GOB and another for other Gospels and Biblical books?

6. If you use same standards for all books, all of them would turn out to be forgeries!!

7. Do you know what is a forgery? It does not mean writing a new document, it also means unauthorized editing , adding or removing some words etc.

Bryant- 22

“In Chapter 145 of the Gospel of Barnabas Pharisees date back as far as the time of Elijah and there were supposed to have been 17,000. In fact, history first knows about Pharisees seven centuries later, in the period between 135-104 B.C.

MUQ:

1. How does it proves that GOB is 15th century forgery?

Bryant- 23

“In Chapter 82 mention is made of the "Years of the Jubilee, which now cometh every 100 years." The Year of Jubilee, according to the Old Testament, was every 50th year (after seven times seven years). The origin of this faulty information is as follows: In the year A.D. 1300 Pope Boniface the VIII instituted the Jubilee as a centenary event. Owing to its financial success, however, Pope Clement VI reversed Boniface's decision and celebrated the next Jubilee in 1350. This was thus the only time that the Year of Jubilee was intended as a centenary occasion - it never was in practice.(Gairdner, page 19).“

MUQ:

1. This is the “most important proof” which you have mentioned for accusing GOB to be a 15th Century forgery!!

2. Is it not possible that some one while editing this book had added that explanatory note? There are numerous such examples of editing, explanatory notes in almost all books of OT and NT.

3. If I start giving examples, it will become a long list, not suitable for this thread.

4. If you want we can have a separate discussion on each types of mistakes and interpolations in OT and NT books.
bmzipperhead

Hurricane, WV

#176019 May 13, 2013
I'm a genius! I mean, it isn't just that all of my ass-kissing employees say that I am. I have other, better PROOF! I mean, it says so in the Qur'aan.
bmz

Singapore

#176020 May 13, 2013
bmzipperhead wrote:
I'm a genius! I mean, it isn't just that all of my ass-kissing employees say that I am. I have other, better PROOF! I mean, it says so in the Qur'aan.
I like this frequent change of nick. Very nice.

The proof is in the pudding, Buford. You can't find it in the NTpudding.

No prophet or messenger of God came with a letter of appointment. They managed to convince people with the message given by God and a few of them worked wonders, only when God's power was working behind them.
bmz

Singapore

#176021 May 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We can discuss all this, but what about your proof that God spoke with Abraham and Moses?
Shamma will never answer. Good approach, MUQ

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Singapore

#176022 May 13, 2013
@ Shamma

Please read this and don't miss it:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Thanks
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176023 May 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
May be busy, Rabbee. Buford just squawked.
Salaams
rabbee: the danger of paying too much attention, to that which is not true to G-D. squaking at the birds of a different feather. shall only help, keep you away from what is true to G-D.
PRAKASH MISHRA

Ashburn, VA

#176024 May 13, 2013
MERA SABSE BEST AND BEUTIFULL GOD/BHAGWAN JO HAI VO HAI "BANKE BIHARI" IN BHAGWAN KE YUGAL CHARNO KA DHYAAN KARTE HUYE. HAM SABHI INKE CHARNO ME PURN SAMRPIT HO JAYE...YAHI DUWA HAM SABHI KARTE HUYE...PLZ CALL ME:-08863896747. THANK YOU.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#176025 May 14, 2013
Round wrote:
Q. How do you know that Mohammad is a true prophet?

A. It says so in the Quran.

Q. How do you know that the Quran is true?

A. Mohammad said it is.

Q. Where did Mohammad say that the Quran is true?

A. In the Quran.

Q. What does this prove?

A. It proves that you're a blaspheming infidel.
Ans.

It is not good to ask the Question and then answer yourself and then draw your own conclusion.

It is "etiquette" to ask question and then wait for answer and then comment if something is not clear.

So I will answer in short your questions and wait for your queries.

Q1. How do you know that Mohammad is a true prophet?

A. Because he fulfills "all the criterion" that are required in a True Prophet of God..

Q2. How do you know that the Quran is true?

A. Because Quran challenges whole human kind to produce a book like it, or at least 10 chapter like it and even one chapter like it.

And past 1400 years, no one is able to do any of these things.

And the info present in Quran, was not possible for any human to know 1400 years back, so its source if not any human, but the Creator of this Universe.

Q3. Where did Mohammad say that the Quran is true?

A. This is spurious question in light of the answer given there.

Q4. What does this prove?

A. It proves that our prophet is a True Prophet of God and Quran is a Revelation from Lord, Master and Creator of this Universe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) 17 hr Kathwynn 503
Pagans gather for elaborate Wiccan funeral of c... 18 hr shell 1
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
News Carl Sagan as prophet of neo-Pagan Atheism May 12 geezerjock 1
More from around the web