Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256353 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL PASTAKIA

Kansas City, MO

#175928 May 12, 2013
Buddha was a reknown pedophile who used to sodomize children during his sermons under the Bodhi tree.
He is also famous for having blown stray dogs to ejaculation.
This site is compromised

Hurricane, WV

#175929 May 12, 2013
Why is a "Flash" Update prompt here, which has NOTHING to do with Macromedia?
Vicarious Atonement

Hurricane, WV

#175930 May 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If Jesus is alive, how did he pay the penalty of death? Nobody can die for your sin except yourself. How does the cross destroy the wicked, according to you it gives them eternal life. God does not approve of human sacrifice. You don't understand what glory is. The ultimate and final glory of God will be the resurrection. They will execute God and she will come back and kill those that killed her. That will be the glory of God.
Mad Max,

Jesus paid the penalty of sin by DYING. God can do whatever it pleases God to do, including PAYING THE PENALTY for the sins of humans. God does not approve of humans offering human sacrifice because their sacrifices aren't and can never be PERFECT. God, on the other hand, CAN and DID offer a PERFECT in every way sacrifice in the person of the God/man, Jesus.

You need to learn how to think outside of your Goddess box.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#175931 May 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>

God does not approve of human sacrifice.
This sadistic creature of the tanakh calling itself God relishes the vibes of pain, suffering and blood through genocides, human sacrifices, slavery, animal sacrifices, bashing babies against rocks, stoning to death disobedient sons and other evils.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#175932 May 12, 2013
The so-called death of Jesus reveals his weakness.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175934 May 12, 2013
Vicarious Atonement wrote:
<quoted text>Mad Max,
Jesus paid the penalty of sin by DYING. God can do whatever it pleases God to do, including PAYING THE PENALTY for the sins of humans. God does not approve of humans offering human sacrifice because their sacrifices aren't and can never be PERFECT. God, on the other hand, CAN and DID offer a PERFECT in every way sacrifice in the person of the God/man, Jesus.
You need to learn how to think outside of your Goddess box.
If God would die for the sin of men, why even give the Law in the first place? God would die because of, no for, the sin of man. Israel was to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. I would not want to live in your sinful world. My God will cut off her enemies and the wicked. You know Satan is a Christian, and he thinks he'll go to heaven because he's a Christian. Hell was created for Satan, for the enemies of God and for the wicked. The scripture says, "the righteous have hope in their death".

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175935 May 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If Jesus is alive, how did he pay the penalty of death? Nobody can die for your sin except yourself. How does the cross destroy the wicked, according to you it gives them eternal life. God does not approve of human sacrifice. You don't understand what glory is. The ultimate and final glory of God will be the resurrection. They will execute God and she will come back and kill those that killed her. That will be the glory of God.
Jesus Christ was God incarnate. Jesus Christ died on the cross.
If we say that God died on the cross, and if by that we mean that the divine nature perished, we have stepped over the edge into serious heresy.

In fact, two such heresies related to this problem arose in the early centuries of the church: theopassianism and patripassianism. The first of these, theopassianism, teaches that God Himself suffered death on the cross.

Patripassianism indicates that the Father suffered vicariously through the suffering of His Son.
Both of these heresies were roundly rejected by the church for the very reason that they categorically deny the very character and nature of God, including His immutability.
There is no change in the substantive nature or character of God at any time.

God not only created the universe, He sustains it by the very power of His being. As Paul said,“In Him we live and move and have our being”(Acts 17:28).
If the being of God ceased for one second, the universe would disappear.
It would pass out of existence, because nothing can exist apart from the sustaining power of God.
If God dies, everything dies with Him. Obviously, then, God could not have perished on the cross.

Some say,“It was the second person of the Trinity Who died.” That would be a mutation within the very being of God, because when we look at the Trinity we say that the three are one in essence, and that though there are personal distinctions among the persons of the Godhead, those distinctions are not essential in the sense that they are differences in being.
Death is something that would involve a change in one’s being.

We should shrink in horror from the idea that God actually died on the cross.
The atonement was made by the human nature of Christ. Somehow people tend to think that this lessens the dignity or the value of the substitutionary act, as if we were somehow implicitly denying the deity of Christ. God forbid. It’s the God-man Who dies, but death is something that is experienced only by the human nature, because the divine nature isn’t capable of experiencing death.

Location hidden

#175936 May 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If God would die for the sin of men, why even give the Law in the first place? God would die because of, no for, the sin of man. Israel was to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. I would not want to live in your sinful world. My God will cut off her enemies and the wicked. You know Satan is a Christian, and he thinks he'll go to heaven because he's a Christian. Hell was created for Satan, for the enemies of God and for the wicked. The scripture says, "the righteous have hope in their death".
You are confused in the mind.
The wicked that don't repent and change their ways go to hell.

Location hidden

#175937 May 12, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
The so-called death of Jesus reveals his weakness.
Yes Joe.
Jesus was just like you and me, but He also had the Divine nature of God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#175938 May 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are too ignorant of the message God gave to the world.
The cross is Gods way of destroying the wicked.

Jesus defeated the penalty of death for sin, by His resurrection.

Those that repent their sins, and change away from their sinful ways can now be united back to God through Jesus.

That is the glory of Gods mercy and forgiveness.

Gods forgiveness prior to the death and resurrection, just covered the sin, but did not wash it away from the memory of God.

By the death and resurrection of Jesus on the cross repented sin is now no longer remembered by God, because Jesus paid the penalty of death for your sins.
What a fool and a clown!

The Cross destroyed all of your favorites and by that I mean, the Cross destroyed your God, The God in flesh, the Son of God and the Father in one go.

It would been something really great if Jesus had not died at all on the Dirty Cross. That the fellow died and was resurrected shows no real sacrifice.

Your God became the sinner by creating him a Sin and getting him killed not for any of his mistakes. Jesus paid no penalty but your God became a bigger sinner by getting him killed.

And you call that bull shit mercy and forgiveness?

This self-loathing sinners' concocted story is extremely absurd and a Horse Shit!
bmz

Location hidden

#175939 May 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Joe.
No one can have the Divinity. Jesus had ZERO divinity.

Shamma, can you tell me who started this bull shit? Jesus never said, "I am Divine!"

There is nothing direct from the Horse's mouth.
bmz

Location hidden

#175940 May 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ was God incarnate. Jesus Christ died on the cross.
If we say that God died on the cross, and if by that we mean that the divine nature perished, we have stepped over the edge into serious heresy.
In fact, two such heresies related to this problem arose in the early centuries of the church: theopassianism and patripassianism. The first of these, theopassianism, teaches that God Himself suffered death on the cross.
Patripassianism indicates that the Father suffered vicariously through the suffering of His Son.
Both of these heresies were roundly rejected by the church for the very reason that they categorically deny the very character and nature of God, including His immutability.
There is no change in the substantive nature or character of God at any time.
God not only created the universe, He sustains it by the very power of His being. As Paul said,“In Him we live and move and have our being”(Acts 17:28).
If the being of God ceased for one second, the universe would disappear.
It would pass out of existence, because nothing can exist apart from the sustaining power of God.
If God dies, everything dies with Him. Obviously, then, God could not have perished on the cross.
Some say,“It was the second person of the Trinity Who died.” That would be a mutation within the very being of God, because when we look at the Trinity we say that the three are one in essence, and that though there are personal distinctions among the persons of the Godhead, those distinctions are not essential in the sense that they are differences in being.
Death is something that would involve a change in one’s being.
We should shrink in horror from the idea that God actually died on the cross.
The atonement was made by the human nature of Christ. Somehow people tend to think that this lessens the dignity or the value of the substitutionary act, as if we were somehow implicitly denying the deity of Christ. God forbid. It’s the God-man Who dies, but death is something that is experienced only by the human nature, because the divine nature isn’t capable of experiencing death.
This is really a load of bull shit, Shamma. Don't you even laugh at yourself, when you write all the nonsense?

Jesus, according to was God and he died on the wretched Cross. Short and sweet, your God is DEAD!

End of the story! We don't see you shrink in horror. We see you getting bolder in coming up with massive absurdities.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175941 May 12, 2013
According to Christian theology, Jesus was God and he died on the cross. This belief contradicts your statement. You also believe he went to hell for 3 days. I guess your god is just a masochist. The Messiah was supposed to physically survive the "crucifixion", it was something different and unique. At the end of Psalm 22, it says "it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation". That is why Jesus said the second coming on the Mount of Olives would happen within a generation. The "crucifixion" is something that happened in the Messiahs' childhood.
bmz

Location hidden

#175942 May 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If God would die for the sin of men, why even give the Law in the first place? God would die because of, no for, the sin of man. Israel was to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. I would not want to live in your sinful world. My God will cut off her enemies and the wicked. You know Satan is a Christian, and he thinks he'll go to heaven because he's a Christian. Hell was created for Satan, for the enemies of God and for the wicked. The scripture says, "the righteous have hope in their death".
That was a good question.

Paul, the self-loathing sinner, was the pioneer of the absurd and the revulsive doctrine of sin. Jesus is not even on record for discussing or talking or mentioning about Adam and Eve and their encounter with Satan, etc.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175943 May 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are confused in the mind.
The wicked that don't repent and change their ways go to hell.
So you're saying that there are Christians that go to hell? I guess it's true that you can read anything into the NT that you want it to say. Doesn't the NT say, if you accept Jesus as your savior, you'll be saved? Isn't that what salvation is all about?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175944 May 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
According to Christian theology, Jesus was God and he died on the cross. This belief contradicts your statement. You also believe he went to hell for 3 days. I guess your god is just a masochist. The Messiah was supposed to physically survive the "crucifixion", it was something different and unique. At the end of Psalm 22, it says "it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation". That is why Jesus said the second coming on the Mount of Olives would happen within a generation. The "crucifixion" is something that happened in the Messiahs' childhood.
rabbee: well first of all, this is still the same generation in The
Torah. and secondly the only reason, Adam survives the death to return as adam and his mate. is because G-D, said it so in TheTorah. and i fear the report of my demise, has been greatly exaggerated as jesus in this second coming.

and your failure to be here in TheTorah, does not constitute my success from G-D to be here in IT again. and you can forget your false version, coaxing or conning G-D into giving a different version than already written?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175945 May 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can have the Divinity. Jesus had ZERO divinity.
Shamma, can you tell me who started this bull shit? Jesus never said, "I am Divine!"
There is nothing direct from the Horse's mouth.
rabbee: neither your version, nor their version constitutes the truth of G-D. and your pretending more divine, is highly over-rated.

and i am certain that G-D, has good reason. reason for sending me here, to talk the hell out of you all still here in IT.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#175946 May 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Joe.
pagan

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#175947 May 12, 2013
EYE-OPENER FOR A MUSLIM:

1) Yesterday, I made it a point to show a well-meaning but ill-informed Muslim all the hate verses in the Quran that he'd glossed over in the past due to lack of interest, disbelief or sheer laziness.

2) I sat down and showed him every verse dealing with murder, intolerance and hatred in his Quran and watched his reactions.

3) He was quite numb after reading every word and wanted to know if Muhammad was a decent man or a criminal.

4) I next pointed out to him the savagery of Moses (and other demented Hebrew prophets) and the insanity of Jesus - prophets revered by Islam.

5) By the end of the session, he muttered under his breath that if such were the deeds of Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, then, he and other ordinary law-abiding and conscientious citizens like him were far better than these so-called prophets who were incarnations of evil.

6) I ended the exercise by telling him that maintaining gene lines free of perversion and indulging in good karma - right thoughts, right words and right actions - were the key to leading a peaceful, happy and progressive life.

7) I later told him how that satanic ex-master of mine had destroyed me for years on end using a variety of mind control and occult means.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#175948 May 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes Joe.

You're ignorant, delusional and fanatical and as stupid as the Jewish and Muslim posters here when it comes to making excuses for your fiendish cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midnight Man Madness 19 hr foreveralonexox143 1
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jun 24 John 4,952
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May '17 John 14,736
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) May '17 Tete Rouge 119
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr '17 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr '17 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
More from around the web