Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#175817 May 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet I'm not interested in religions. Your assumptions are totally shallows as most of your posts, btw.
Make that a double dose of meds....

Location hidden

#175818 May 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I make myself secular? Secular is one of the English words that was taken from us.
In Italian secular is a person who belong to a religion but at the same time is not ecclesiastical.
Secular is the most of people in this thread, not me for sure.
and while you are at it, learn English.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175819 May 10, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Scripture was supposed to be fulfilled throughout the Messiahs' life. Everything in the NT happened in the last week of Jesus' ministry. You don't want to critically look at these prophecies because you know you will be defeated. You have effectively surrendered and conceded the match of wits.
There is nothing match.
You are a dumb bell trying to get some recognition of your stupidity, and I won't give you any recognition.
Your ignorant views are not worth the time even to consider.

Location hidden

#175821 May 10, 2013
And of course, the remark I said that triggered all of that
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Stefanno is a self styled secular, but really, his religion is arrogance.
The first point - secularism - is obvious

And the second point - arrogance - was just proven (for the thousandth time) by his last few remarks
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175823 May 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing match.
You are a dumb bell trying to get some recognition of your stupidity, and I won't give you any recognition.
Your ignorant views are not worth the time even to consider.
What? Projection. Join the club.
Kermit Gosnell

Hurricane, WV

#175824 May 10, 2013
I got away with murder at my filthy and UNREGULATED abortion clinic in West Philly for decades because abortion rights absolutists in the government and the media DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW HOW I ACTUALLY ENSURED "FETAL DEMISE."

Just ask former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge, who made it official government policy for health officials who should have shut me down to LOOK THE OTHER WAY!!!

Why? Because NOTHING should hinder a woman's "right to choose" abortion at any time and for any reason, or none at all, for the duration of a pregnancy, and oftentimes LONGER!

Yes, indeed! That's why I employed "snipping" as a way to ensure "FETAL DEMISE."

Of course, the more squeamish "pro-choicers" don't like the thought of me using scissors to "snip" the spinal cords of the FETUSES -they're not ACTUAL BABIES- that I forced to be born prematurely, but they forgive me anyway because they know that what I do is a NECESSARY EVIL.

The NAF missed its chance to approve my clinic. Fuck them.
Jane Doe

Hurricane, WV

#175825 May 10, 2013
The most important lesson that I have learned from abortion rights absolutists is that my life only has value if I am WANTED by someone else.

What this means is that as soon as I am no longer WANTED, say, when the cost of maintaining me in existence is too burdensome, then I will be jettisoned from life, that is, killed, to use a NON-EUPHEMISM to describe "ADULT DEMISE."
Peanuts

Hurricane, WV

#175826 May 10, 2013
Identify yourself.
Peanuts

Hurricane, WV

#175827 May 10, 2013
Coward.
Peanuts

Hurricane, WV

#175828 May 10, 2013
Thoughtless.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#175830 May 10, 2013
And your explanation about Pilate is unacceptable and idiotic.

Pilate did not have the skill to pull that off, and BESIDES the fact, it would not benefit him, since...

and here's the best part... once the Christians started growing, Pilate would not "confess" the trick.

Actually on another level is this:

Pilate gave the rebellious Jews then an upper hand.

that's what you are saying...

and Jesus himself... he goes into hiding right? and for the rest of his life he never comes out and straightens the story out.

So you are calling the Prophet Jesus (your religion, PBUH... RIGHT????) a deceiver and a part of the greatest con of blasphemy in history
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Jesus is God, is really Horse shit.
I have already explained that the alleged crucifixion of Jesus was a well-managed stage show conducted by Pilate. In Qur'aan's Arabic, it does not mean "made it appear".
It simply means that people thought he was being crucified when in fact he was not.
Qur'aan's point is that he was neither killed nor crucified. It means he was safe and went into hiding.
Let us put it this way:
If Jesus had been dead and ahd been resurrected, he would have come out in the open. That he did not. What was he scared of? A second crucifixion?

Location hidden

#175831 May 10, 2013
I also notice, that with Muslims

when you point out the contradiction in Quran
the response is always

"Oh the AAAAAAAAAAAARABIC is saying that it just 'seems' like it"

Muhammad saw the sun set in a muddy spring...

no it just

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMED like Muhammad saw...

As if Arabic is a magic language that only native Arabic speakers can "REEEALY" understand.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Jesus is God, is really Horse shit.
I have already explained that the alleged crucifixion of Jesus was a well-managed stage show conducted by Pilate. In Qur'aan's Arabic, it does not mean "made it appear".
It simply means that people thought he was being crucified when in fact he was not.
Qur'aan's point is that he was neither killed nor crucified. It means he was safe and went into hiding.
Let us put it this way:
If Jesus had been dead and ahd been resurrected, he would have come out in the open. That he did not. What was he scared of? A second crucifixion?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#175832 May 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No need to bother.
Your ignorance in believing that God is a women closes the case.
God is a spirit
John 4:24
New International Version (©2011)
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."
Bull Shit!

You must write:

"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

In other words: "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in true spirit".

You don't have God in the alleged Spirit.
bmz

Location hidden

#175833 May 10, 2013
osirica wrote:
I also notice, that with Muslims
when you point out the contradiction in Quran
the response is always
"Oh the AAAAAAAAAAAARABIC is saying that it just 'seems' like it"
Muhammad saw the sun set in a muddy spring...
no it just
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMED like Muhammad saw...
As if Arabic is a magic language that only native Arabic speakers can "REEEALY" understand.
<quoted text>
You should have asked me earlier. I have seen sun setting in abandoned and flooded tin mines.
bmz

Location hidden

#175834 May 10, 2013
susanblange wrote:
Shamma, I am in no way trying to glorify Jesus and you use the NT to prove the NT. It doesn't work that way. When the Messiah comes, there will be no book written about his life as an addition to the bible, it's already been written before the fact and sometimes in great detail. The bible is complete from birth to resurrection. "...and in your book all my members were written". I challenge you Shamma, to come up with at least one prophecy that Jesus supposedly fulfilled and we'll take a critical look at them, one by one. You'll probably want to start with the "crucifixion" since that is the whole basis of your theology.
That was an intelligent post. Please note that Shamma shies away from a challenge.

I liked this part: "When the Messiah comes, there will be no book written about his life as an addition to the bible, "

Location hidden

#175835 May 10, 2013
No...

you haven't. You've seen a "reflection" of the sun setting...

and that is my point.

Thank you
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have asked me earlier. I have seen sun setting in abandoned and flooded tin mines.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175836 May 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull Shit!
You must write:
"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
In other words: "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in true spirit".
You don't have God in the alleged Spirit.
Your god Allah is not the God of the Bible.
So you are barking up the wrong tree.
Allah - the Moon God

The Archaeology of the Middle East
The religion of Islam has as its focus of worship a deity by the name of "Allah." The Muslims claim that Allah in pre-Islamic times was the biblical God of the Patriarchs, prophets, and apostles. The issue is thus one of continuity. Was "Allah" the biblical God or a pagan god in Arabia during pre-Islamic times? The Muslim's claim of continuity is essential to their attempt to convert Jews and Christians for if "Allah" is part of the flow of divine revelation in Scripture, then it is the next step in biblical religion. Thus we should all become Muslims. But, on the other hand, if Allah was a pre-Islamic pagan deity, then its core claim is refuted. Religious claims often fall before the results of hard sciences such as archeology. We can endlessly speculate about the past or go and dig it up and see what the evidence reveals. This is the only way to find out the truth concerning the origins of Allah. As we shall see, the hard evidence demonstrates that the god Allah was a pagan deity. In fact, he was the Moon-god who was married to the sun goddess and the stars were his daughters.
Jesus is the Son of God, and the Son of God taught That God is "SPIRIT".
Allah - the Moon God
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#175837 May 10, 2013
Jane Doe wrote:
The most important lesson that I have learned from abortion rights absolutists is that my life only has value if I am WANTED by someone else.
What this means is that as soon as I am no longer WANTED, say, when the cost of maintaining me in existence is too burdensome, then I will be jettisoned from life, that is, killed, to use a NON-EUPHEMISM to describe "ADULT DEMISE."
Whom God has decreed to live shall live.

Those who murder unborn babies have to face the guilt of murder on the last day.

Killing your children for wont of sustenance is one of the major sins in Islam.

Allah says We will provide sustenance for them as well for you!!

Location hidden

#175838 May 10, 2013
This thread sucks.

Islam is a religion based on bashing Christianity by claiming it's a corruption of the real Gospel.

I see that as a cop out for Islam to avoid accountability for any inconsistencies.

Tired of discussing the matter with cowards who can't give an honest answer.
Theodosius

Hurricane, WV

#175839 May 10, 2013
List of Killings Ordered or Supported by Muhammad

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Killing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep 15 CDDD 55
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep 12 dirt reynolds 121
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep 5 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
More from around the web