Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
165,241 - 165,260 of 200,953 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan B---Isaiah 6:10 "Make the heart of THIS PEOPLE fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes and see with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert and be healed. Their is a veil spread over the eyes of the entire world and they cannot see.
HughBe--- I take it that your comment that goes , " Their is a veil spread over the eyes of the ENTIRE WORLD " was made because the scriptures said "THIS PEOPLE".
In my opinion THIS PEOPLE is a reference to the people being spoken about and NOT the ENTIRE WORLD.
See if there is any merit in my CORRECT understanding.
I would need the chapter and verse HughBe but it probably does refer to Israel which would include the USA. Isaiah 8:14 "And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling, and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel..." I heard you are the pastor of a church in Jamaica, is that true?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Basically what you're doing Shamma, is projecting but almost everybody does it, so join the club. What falsehood have I stated about Christianity? If it's regarding salvation, you can find verses in the NT to support wherever you stand on that issue. The NT is full of contradictions and hollow, shallow theology. If you really understood the OT, you wouldn't be a Christian. Jesus is prophecied in the OT, not as the Messiah but instead as the modern day idol of Israel.
All your post are crap.
Because you claim God is a women.
So all the rest of what you post is bull-crap.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are being mus-led by your own stupidity.
You are creating your own religion.
We get flakes like you on this thread all the time.
And what about you?

You are following a religion, which was founded by a pagan emperor. Christianity a runaway Cult and it blasphemes the true God Almighty.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are being mus-led by your own stupidity.
You are creating your own religion.
We get flakes like you on this thread all the time.
I've met quite a few of those flakes already Shamma and they probably don't take their meds, they are delusional. Medicine will clear that up. I am not delusional though, I take my meds and have not been hospitalized in over 27 years. And yes, you could say I've started my own religion, it's called the truth. Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground, and it practiced and prospered" 1984 was the "acceptable year of the Lord" Isaiah 61:2. If you've ever read the book, there was a Ministry of Truth. and within the first three or so pages of the book, it contains the date April 4, 1984. That is the exact date of J. L. Emanuels' birthday.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is Jesus.
You Muslims need to repent the falsehoods of Muhammad.
You are ignorant of Scripture.
http://bibleanswerstand.org/seed.htm
No, ignorant fool, Jesus was not the prophet foretold in Deut 18:18 at all.

You have to go and look for verses, if any, to find if a stupid son of God was promised.

Jesus does not fit the description in Deut 18:18 at all. Yes, I read the link and found it is nothing but full of bullshit.

Your New Testament is based on a sack full of lies. Now, where can we find a prophesy to show that God had promised another God?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never even read it. It contradicts the Quran by saying there are nine heavens, not seven. It also talks about rolling wine in wood caskets, which was a 13th century technique and was never used during Jesus time and area. It is thought to be a purposeful forgery from around the 13th or 14th century as a sort of revenge against the Spanish Inquisition.
<quoted text>
It's people retelling a story that is supposed to have happened. Nobody ever even attempted to write a Gospel According to Jesus and Jesus never brought any book at all, contrary to what Muhammad claimed. Read Jeremiah 31 where it predicted a new covenant where the law shall be written on the hearts and minds of men, not in a book. Muhammad might have been crafty, but other than that, he was a very stupid, uneducated man with no philosophical depth at all.
Since when Quran has become your criterion of accepting or rejecting any Past scripture?

Quran contradicts so many things in other Gospels too, so will you reject all these gospels and OT books as forgeries?

The only objection against GOB is that it has not reached to us in authenticity, but the same objection is valid against every book contained in NT or OT.

Why only single out GOB?

If Jesus did not bring any "book" then why you object about True Gospels and Forged Gospels?
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

A stone/gas is an it (neuter gender) and God is a He/She. LOL.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

The absolute is beyond he, she and it.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

The absolute consciousness with its inherent energy is simply THAT.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>All your post are crap.
Because you claim God is a women.
According to scripture, God has both breasts and a womb. You clearly do not know your OT and that's probably because you don't read it like you do the NT. You do know the OT is the basis for the NT? You should go straight to the horses mouth and make up your own mind. You must be a male or you wouldn't take such offense to the idea that God is a woman. I could give you multitudes of scripture that supports this. Eve was created as a "help meet" for Adam and was intended to rule over him. When the second and seed of Eve arrives, that purpose will be realized.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
pg 8249
Frijoles---Where you are confused is that there are not enough chaplains to go around. That is a man(people)power issue, not a question of freedom of religion
HughBe--- Clearly the conversation is ABOVE your head. Eric, your man is trying to justify banning chaplains because there are NOT enough of them. I am saying that such justification is BS.
The issues from the start are captured below and they were NOT manpower issues. Please read slowly.
"Michael L. "Mikey" Weinstein is an attorney, businessman, and former Air Force officer. He is the founder and president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation,(MRFF) and author of With God on Our Side: One Man's War AGAINST an Evangelical Coup in AMERICA'S Military and No Snowflake in an Avalanche, both of which describe his fight against alleged coercive Christian Fundamentalist practices by some members of the military"
"In 2006, Weinstein was named as one of Forward Magazine's "Forward 50", a list of the most influential Jews in America"
"A former Air Force officer and White House lawyer during the Reagan administration, Weinstein is today a one-issue whistle-blower who has driven real change in religious policy throughout the military.
Advocating for SECULARISM in the military through the Military Religious Freedom Foundation he founded in 2005, Weinstein has fought a campaign against public prayer and proselytizing by Air Force officers...."
Question, is there a need for SECULARISM in the Israeli army?
Would the "PRINCIPLES" that he is championing apply to Israel?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_L._Weins...
Israel is not a secular nation. Its a Jewish nation that also attempts to the best of its ability to guarantee the rights of the other minority religions within its midst. Secularism is not a recognized religion.

America is a secular nation.

So the answer is no.

Also, I dont think Weinstein has a beef with religion per se, in the military. His beef is with the rampant EVANGELISM of religion. His background is from the Air Force, where this is out of control.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Because you claim God is a woman.

So, if God is not a woman, then, is God a man?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>

God has been incarnated in the body of a woman.
Now, a logical question:

If this God that you speak of has incarnated on the gross physical plane on earth then is the incarnation of this God a direct projection of Power on to the plane of matter or is it an incarnation via some intervening plane of the cosmic hierarchy?

A direct incarnation would be impossible since the intervening planes are put forth from the origin (God) and as such they share a causal relationship with this God who is their source and so if this God chose to incarnate on the gross physical plane then it would have to do so by incarnating via or through the media of the intervening planes or through any one of them.

So?

BTW, have you met the Avatar of the Age - your incarnated God in the form of a woman?
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

osirica wrote:
Jesus is God, therefore it makes sense that it was Jesus who spoke to Moses.
Zechariah 12:10
"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son."
One, Two, Three
trinity (polytheism) in Zech 12:10!! lol

pour out a spirit -- Holy Spirit
Me whom they pierced -- Jesus
mourn for Him who lost a son -- Father

[Jews For Jesus alert]

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read and checked.
So, who was the prophet according to Deut 18:18? Was that Jesus?
We have passed through this so many times, what's the point to repeat myself, once again, to a stubborn?

My answer found agreement with the Jews here.

I have no just said who was the prophet according to Deut 18:18 but I also have explained why the Nazarene and Muhammad can't be that.

Both the religious groups are a bunch of deluded.
Papa Wrought Sea

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2312.htm

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication; and they shall look unto Me because they have thrust him through; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born.

See also: http://bible.cc/zechariah/12-10.htm
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

a christian who doesn't belong to any denomination says,
Seeker wrote:
Let's talk about the Catholic Church. They completely botched Jesus' teachings, aside from all of the violence they have committed. Jesus said do not call anybody Rabbi but they ask that you call their fallible priests FATHER. And then you have Confession.
The Trinity is an extrapolation from the things Jesus said. It's always an ongoing discussion.
just who is the god(s) christians worship is still under discussion...
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

a Canaanite woman on her knees begging Jesus: Please heal my daughter
Jesus: I don't heal dogs, sorry

a Jewish man also begging on his knees: Please heal my son
Jesus: How long shall I put up with you people? urgh (Matt 17:17)

then, a ROMAN centurion came: My slave is sick
Jesus: Shall I come and heal him?(Matt 8:7)

notice Jesus offered the Roman help without being asked, and even praised him
Jesus was an arrogant snob to his native people
but to the Romans, a good ass-kisser
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, a logical question:
If this God that you speak of has incarnated on the gross physical plane on earth then is the incarnation of this God a direct projection of Power on to the plane of matter or is it an incarnation via some intervening plane of the cosmic hierarchy?
A direct incarnation would be impossible since the intervening planes are put forth from the origin (God) and as such they share a causal relationship with this God who is their source and so if this God chose to incarnate on the gross physical plane then it would have to do so by incarnating via or through the media of the intervening planes or through any one of them.
So?
This God is on earth and will have supernatural power. She will "shew the lighting down of his arm" and be able to throw a lightning bolt. Her fruit shall be a "fiery, flying serpent" and she will kill her enemies. If you would like to be understood JOEL, I would advise speaking to people on an average level. I understand you're highly educated but most people have not attained that degree of learning. Can you tell me what a quark is? Isn't it the building block of atoms and nothing more than a field of energy?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
We have passed through this so many times, what's the point to repeat myself, once again, to a stubborn?
My answer found agreement with the Jews here.
I have no just said who was the prophet according to Deut 18:18 but I also have explained why the Nazarene and Muhammad can't be that.
Both the religious groups are a bunch of deluded.
That leaves Judaism Stef. Are you going to convert?]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••