Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
165,221 - 165,240 of 199,517 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Why aim at complete mastery of nature and self when the divisions, dualisms and vacillations of space-time-causation are sure to thwart the attempt of attaining to perfection? Is attaining to absolute perfection even possible?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Fame and anonymity...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Thats why they have their own legal system - their OWN LAWS
HughBe--- Let me accept what you are saying that the US armed forces have LAWS prohibiting public expression of religion. Keep in mind that is what my post was and is about.
Are you telling me that although such LAWS violate the US constitution they are acceptable and should be enforced.
You may NOT know what is in the quote below so read it, NOW.
"In the United States, FREEDOM of religion is a CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED right provided in the religion clauses of the First Amendment."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_relig...
In theory, nothing is keeping soldiers from exercising their freedom of religion. There have even been cases where Wiccans have held ceremonies.

Where you are confused is that there are not enough chaplains to go around. That is a man(people)power issue, not a question of freedom of religion. And when one is a soldier, it is tough luck if they cant get a chaplain for their unit that meets their religion. Thats the part where I mean that soldiers dont have the same rights as civilians. A civilian can relocate to find a church or synagogue, a soldier can not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
PART 1

"Weinstein is the guy who says that ANYONE (including CHAPLAINS!) sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military is guilty of TREASON, committing “spiritual rape” and is an ENEMY of the Constitution."
Not sure where you get your info from that if you want to here it from the source

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

editing alert!

Not sure where you get your info from, but if you want to hear it from the source

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/2013/...

EXAMINER – Deconstructing hysteria: how the ongoing misstatements of military policy began

– MAY 5, 2013
Selected Article Excerpt:

Each generation of blog and news stories seems to further embellish earlier misstatements of fact. The internet is awash with claims that the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) has allied with the Obama Administration to rid the military of any Christian influence. The MRFF is said to be an atheistic and anti-Christian organization. Its leader, Mikey Weinstein, is said to be an anti-Christian Jew who has been hired by the administration and given the unofficial title of ‘tolerance advisor.’ Allegedly, he and Obama will use this position to implement new policies of Christian persecution. The beginning of that process is the Pentagon’s recent “ban on religious proselytization.” Christians who profess their faith will be court-martialed, according to sites like Fox News, Breitbart.com , the Christian Post (since partially retracted) and countless blogs.

All of these claims are demonstrably untrue, but that makes no difference to those who continue to spread them as fact.

Is this just a misunderstanding? How have these bizarre claims come to be accepted as truth by so many thousands of enraged Christians? Given below is an analysis of where these false statements began and how they were spread.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God is a Spirit and procreation is of the flesh. That was the purpose of the creation of male and female, to propagate the species. If Spirits could procreate, she never would've created Adam and Eve or this earth. The Lord created the earth to be inhabited and you need a medical degree to understand how reproduction works.
rabbee: yes and your mommy and daddy, never had sex either.

Spirits give birth to Spirits, and flesh gives birth to flesh. Adam's birth, is by a surogate virgin mother. but TheSpirit, is still G-D'S Baby.

and you don't know, how procreation really works. and neither does, medical science.

and their ain't no woman, by name of eve anywhere in TheTorah Scroll. chet vav(with a center dot) hey does not spell eve.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if this being called God is female, does she have sexual organs and female emotions?
God has been incarnated in the body of a woman and the answer to your questions is yes. In Daniel 7:8 the Messiah is called a little horn. A horn is a phallic symbol of power, so a little horn is a woman.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Why're we born if only to die?
You ask an awful lot of questions JOEL. I would suggest you read your OT. As far as the question addressed, the purpose of life is life. God reproduced herself because she was lonely. It is Gods' intent for all of us to live past this earthly life and to go to heaven and live forever. When you get to be about my age, you realize how short this life is.
Ben Ghazi

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You ask an awful lot of questions JOEL. I would suggest you read your OT. As far as the question addressed, the purpose of life is life. God reproduced herself because she was lonely. It is Gods' intent for all of us to live past this earthly life and to go to heaven and live forever. When you get to be about my age, you realize how short this life is.
If God was lonely, then God is not perfect.

Suit yourself.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Ben Ghazi wrote:
<quoted text>If God was lonely, then God is not perfect.
Suit yourself.
What does loneliness have anything to do with perfection? God looked on her creation and saw that it was good, not perfect. I never said God was perfect. "I have seen an end of all perfection, but your commandment is exceedingly broad". God is only human.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What does loneliness have anything to do with perfection? God looked on her creation and saw that it was good, not perfect. I never said God was perfect. "I have seen an end of all perfection, but your commandment is exceedingly broad". God is only human.
You are ignorant.
Ben Ghazi

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What does loneliness have anything to do with perfection? God looked on her creation and saw that it was good, not perfect. I never said God was perfect. "I have seen an end of all perfection, but your commandment is exceedingly broad". God is only human.
Yeah, right.

Did I already post that you are crazy?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In theory, nothing is keeping soldiers from exercising their freedom of religion. There have even been cases where Wiccans have held ceremonies.
Where you are confused is that there are not enough chaplains to go around. That is a man(people)power issue, not a question of freedom of religion. And when one is a soldier, it is tough luck if they cant get a chaplain for their unit that meets their religion. Thats the part where I mean that soldiers dont have the same rights as civilians. A civilian can relocate to find a church or synagogue, a soldier can not.
pg 8249

Frijoles---Where you are confused is that there are not enough chaplains to go around. That is a man(people)power issue, not a question of freedom of religion

HughBe--- Clearly the conversation is ABOVE your head. Eric, your man is trying to justify banning chaplains because there are NOT enough of them. I am saying that such justification is BS.

The issues from the start are captured below and they were NOT manpower issues. Please read slowly.

"Michael L. "Mikey" Weinstein is an attorney, businessman, and former Air Force officer. He is the founder and president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation,(MRFF) and author of With God on Our Side: One Man's War AGAINST an Evangelical Coup in AMERICA'S Military and No Snowflake in an Avalanche, both of which describe his fight against alleged coercive Christian Fundamentalist practices by some members of the military"

"In 2006, Weinstein was named as one of Forward Magazine's "Forward 50", a list of the most influential Jews in America"

"A former Air Force officer and White House lawyer during the Reagan administration, Weinstein is today a one-issue whistle-blower who has driven real change in religious policy throughout the military.

Advocating for SECULARISM in the military through the Military Religious Freedom Foundation he founded in 2005, Weinstein has fought a campaign against public prayer and proselytizing by Air Force officers...."

Question, is there a need for SECULARISM in the Israeli army?

Would the "PRINCIPLES" that he is championing apply to Israel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_L._Weins...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Why have many of the prophets been criminals who indulged in unbridled intolerance, wars, infanticide, mass murders, enslaving people, incest and other evils which only indicate that they were neither omniscient nor omnipotent with their vile actions militating against the innate laws of being and becoming?
They were false prophets.
It is evident Joe, the light in your mind is getting dimmer.
The of laws of being and becoming are based on the laws of "will or will not"
You are stuck in the will not category in your brain.
You will not allow your self to accept truth.
So your ability to reason with a rational mind has a mental block blocking out the truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Why have the teachings of the prophets been proven juvenile and false?
You have a mental block in your mind.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God is a Spirit and procreation is of the flesh. That was the purpose of the creation of male and female, to propagate the species. If Spirits could procreate, she never would've created Adam and Eve or this earth. The Lord created the earth to be inhabited and you need a medical degree to understand how reproduction works.
Susan---God is a Spirit

HughBe--- Correct

Susan---and procreation is of the flesh.

HughBe--- prove

Susan--- If Spirits could procreate, she never would've created Adam and Eve or this earth.

HughBe--- In essence man can do something GOOD that your God cannot do. I thought she was omnipotent.

OUTSTANDING ---

Susan B---spirits do not inseminate

HughBe--- Prove it. Cite the EVIDENCE.
Am I correct that God can create the universe but He cannot "inseminate"?

God can SPEAK and it is done and yet He cannot "inseminate"?
Recall, "And God SAID(spoke), Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You resort to name calling because you have nothing valid to say about your religion. I was raised Christian and I have a major problem with a religion that automatically forgives without any repentance. You are too entrenched in your ways to be able to see the light and I hope God will open your eyes.
You have a mental problem period.
Your ability to reason with rational reasoning is gone from your mind.
You say things that are not true believing them to be true.
You are trying to put a large square block in a small round hole.
You just said a falsehood about the Christian religion.
You were not raised as a true Christian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Why do people of all religions/cults believe in the coming of a messianic figure who'll supposedly solve all the difficulties on earth when it's clear that the earth nature is evolutionary and that till date none of these so-called prophets and sages have been capable of solving a single problem facing humanity and of regenerating matter that by its very wear and tear, unplasticity and decomposition creates disease, fracture, death and suffering?
You are on the wrong track with your logic and reasoning.
The simple truth Joe, is that the truth will set you free, and you have not been able to accept truth.
You relieve your self of your own responsibility of acting upon the truth.
The simple truth is that evil is evil, and good is good.
But you have not been able to make that distinction with clarity.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Isaiah 6:10 "Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes and see with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert and be healed. Their is a veil spread over the eyes of the entire world and they cannot see. When VWD Day comes, the veil will be lifted.
Susan B---Isaiah 6:10 "Make the heart of THIS PEOPLE fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes and see with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert and be healed. Their is a veil spread over the eyes of the entire world and they cannot see.

HughBe--- I take it that your comment that goes , " Their is a veil spread over the eyes of the ENTIRE WORLD " was made because the scriptures said "THIS PEOPLE".

In my opinion THIS PEOPLE is a reference to the people being spoken about and NOT the ENTIRE WORLD.

See if there is any merit in my CORRECT understanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••