Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175484 May 8, 2013
The God of Israel, too, has a name, YHWH, now pronounced Jehovah but more anciently as Jahweh. Most Christians are unaware of God's name because the Old Testament substitutes Lord for YHWH. In Exodus 6:3 God says,''By my name YHWH was I not known to them"; and at the burning bush when Moses asked His name, God explained the meaning of it by saying I AM THAT I AM; thus YHWH means not just one who is, but the self-existent One who is in and of Himself (Ex. 3:13-14).

The God of the Bible is love, an impossibility for Allah. As a single entity, Allah was lonely and could not love or fellowship until other entities came into existence. Not so with YHWH (Jehovah). He is three persons in One: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, complete in Himself and in need of no others to love and fellowship with ("The Father loveth the Son" [John 3:35], there is communion within the Godhead, etc.). Only of this God could it be said that He is love in Himself.

Allah could never say, "Let us make man in our image" (Genesis 1:26) and the Muslim scholar has no explanation for this expression, which is even found in the Koran's paraphrase of this Bible verse. We could point out other reasons, but this should be enough to show that to use in the Hausa translation the name Allah for the God of the Bible is a great error! In fact Allah is a false god on a par with any other pagan deity.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175485 May 8, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy or get? LOL.
The dealer is not so gullible so as to make a loss by gifting away free sweets to one and sundry.
The cost of the extra-sweets is factored into the scheme and it's apparent that only after deducing the profit-loss factor did the dealer make the so-called generous offer.
None of that was ever explained in the question. The question asked how many someone could BUY, not how many they could GET nor had anything to do with maximum profit of the seller. The answer is 15 and I said it long ago. If you meant something different such as profit and loss, the question should have been worded that way.
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#175486 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Eric---Luckily that unlike Syria, Russia heeded the warning from Bustamante and other OAS leaders.
HughBe--- You have no idea of the BS that you are talking. Tell me about the OAS.
Eric---I guess it depends on where the missiles are aimed whether or not defensive first strikes are warranted.
HughBe--- STOP guessing. What is good for one is good for ALL. No country is SPECIAL and that includes Jamaica and Israel.
The warnings from the combined Western Hemisphere countries that were members of OAS were strong enough that Khrushchev turned the ships around and took the other missiles out of Cuba.

I don't know about you but I was 11 at the time and watched Dean Rusk on TV before the UN laying out the case against the Soviets and Cubans. I remembered being extremely frightened and had nightmares for weeks. And I wasn't 90 miles from the missiles like Key West and Jamaica.

Your country did what was right and offered a united front. There were problems internally at the time from the Henry insurgents. But your Prime Minister realized the place of Jamaica and the danger to Jamaica.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175487 May 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah hah hah, ah hah hah. So clever. Honestly what friggen grade are you in? The problem isn't even that you said this, the problem is that you actually think it's clever or funny. How could you, unless you were a little kid or a senile old man? Please take your meds and do us all a favor. Is that clear enough for you?
rabbee: hey i did not write, nor give that test. well sorry to hear that you believe in meds and not G-D, but i'll stick with belief in G-D.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175489 May 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The warnings from the combined Western Hemisphere countries that were members of OAS were strong enough that Khrushchev turned the ships around and took the other missiles out of Cuba.
I don't know about you but I was 11 at the time and watched Dean Rusk on TV before the UN laying out the case against the Soviets and Cubans. I remembered being extremely frightened and had nightmares for weeks. And I wasn't 90 miles from the missiles like Key West and Jamaica.
Your country did what was right and offered a united front. There were problems internally at the time from the Henry insurgents. But your Prime Minister realized the place of Jamaica and the danger to Jamaica.
I did NOT lose any sleep for whatever reason.

Israel like any other country has a RIGHT to defend itself.

I am comforted that Jamaica had powerful allies because I KNOW that slingshots and water guns were useless against the missiles in question.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175490 May 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that was ever explained in the question. The question asked how many someone could BUY, not how many they could GET nor had anything to do with maximum profit of the seller. The answer is 15 and I said it long ago. If you meant something different such as profit and loss, the question should have been worded that way.
In fact the joke wasn't meant as elephant boy is saying to look at the profit-loss factor, but to use logic.

The elephant boy gave a wrong answer to his own trick, since he can't figure out the difference between buy and take and pretend to be the smartest one.

As for profit and loss, well that person bought 15 sweets with $15 and got 7 more sweets. The delaer lost about 50% of profit.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175491 May 8, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect answer.
The last time you attempted this question that I'd posted months ago, you came up with 20 sweets as the answer. This, too, is wrong. I'd provided the detailed solution then.
So, once again, here goes.
The correct answer is worked out as follows:
QUESTION:
A dealer said he’d gift 1 sweet in exchange for 3 empty sweet wrappers provided the sweets were purchased from his shop.
You mentioned nothing about that in your original question. and whether they purchased it from his shop or not has nothing to do with math but rather an individual's maxiumum profit. What kind of a math question was this?

What bothers people here? Ive never seen so much illogical crap in my entire life from ALMOST everybody that posts here. Have I actually accidentally fallen into the Special Olympics of forums? Is the guy with the 400 IQ that can't even write complete coherent sentences the ring leader?

Yes rabies, I was specifically referring to you. Freak. You're the head psychopath in this mental ward. Others are just stupid.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175492 May 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you, at least you were able to pay attention to what the question actually asked as worded. Glad to see that your 400 IQ can do something practical.
rabbee: yeah kind of read the directions, saves a lot of additional grief. like there is no command, thou shalt worship in some bogus organization of the religion of the self admiration society of your own choice.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175493 May 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"My house shall be called a house of prayer for all people" This includes all people, Jews and Gentiles.
Quote the verse, the book, the chapter and the context.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175494 May 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Correction-According to the Holy Bible, God placed Muslims and Jews under the command of Jesus, and are subject to believe in Jesus as the Son of God their Savior or suffer the pains of hell.
God knows best.
Why would a loving merciful God send somebody to hell forever for something they believe? And what happens to all the people who have never heard of Jesus? My God has a concern with justice and only sends the wicked to hell. Also, no on rots forever in Hell except Satan, he's committed all seven of the deadly sins. What goes around comes around and we are all punished according to our sin.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175495 May 8, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: hey i did not write, nor give that test. well sorry to hear that you believe in meds and not G-D
Hey, look you should be taking them. What can I say? You are a nonsensical freak with a 400 IQ. You can't be very smart if you expect people to even think you have a 200 IQ like you seemed to say. If you would like to start to say some intelligent things, I will gladly reconsider my assessment. Fair enough? I should call the authorities in your mental ward and say "he's posting again". LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175496 May 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Why would a loving merciful God send somebody to hell forever for something they believe?
What happens to non Jews in the after life? Please quote the verses.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175497 May 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It says God is one and never says anything about three different people. Is the Holy Spirit a person? But I know that you're pretty retarded and simple, so nobody could ever explain abstract concepts to you.
The trinity is not an abstract concept, it is a lie. Can you tell me what your holy ghost is? You're the one who is simple, you swallow christian bull hook, line, and sinker. Which is appropriate because Hell is a sea with a whirlpool. "The simple believe every word..." You need to question your beliefs to see if they make sense and use your pea brain.
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#175498 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Israel like any other country has a RIGHT to defend itself.
Just remember that.

Now, let's talk about US Military Chaplains. US Military Chaplains come from almost every religion. The problem is that they don't have enough military chaplains to put one of each religion at every post and outpost. Therefore, there is often just one chaplain to serve the needs of all armed forces at the location. So, when the chaplain holds a service prior to an operation, the service has to be ecumenical.

For example, the location might have just one chaplain and that chaplain may be Muslim. Would you believe it proper for that chaplain to conduct a service in Arabic, speaking of Allah, and quoting the Quran verses that Shamma often bandies about?

The same goes for a Christian chaplain who is the only chaplain at the location. It is not proper for the Christian chaplain to conduct services from the Gospels.

This is based upon the law of the US. Each country has it's own law.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175499 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
Jesus is God, therefore it makes sense.
And it's horse shit when the Quran says Christians believe this because God played a trick on people to make it "look like" Jesus was crucified.
Remember, the Quran says God made it appear that Jesus was nailed to the cross.
THAT DOES NOT HELP God broadcast the truth... and even in your point of view, I'm right, because you can only blame God's deception for Christianity!
Not Constantine
Not Trinity
No... God himself, according to your book... is a liar and deceiver of billions.
<quoted text>
It doesn't even matter if Jesus was crucified because it fulfilled nothing. None of the signs of the Messiahs' spiritual rebirth were fulfilled either. Where in the NT is the fulfillment of the drummer boy? It's not in there because it never happened, but I guess everything was nailed to the cross, right? And he didn't even fulfill that. What shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and loses his soul? Jesus will be put away forever, what a waste.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175500 May 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Why would a loving merciful God send somebody to hell forever for something they believe? And what happens to all the people who have never heard of Jesus? My God has a concern with justice and only sends the wicked to hell. Also, no on rots forever in Hell except Satan, he's committed all seven of the deadly sins. What goes around comes around and we are all punished according to our sin.
rabbee: if G-D only sends the wicked to hell, then what are you all doing here in it. or did this just kind of like, go over your head?

what are the only choices, available here?

HEAVEN in Heavens: were obviously not there.

Heaven on Earth(GanEden): were obvioualy not there.

the grave: if your alive, your obviously not there.

oblivion: if you exist at all, in any way, shape or form. your obviously not there.

now can you figure out - the only senerio i left out of this? even if you and this whole world refuses, to admit to the truth.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175501 May 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Why would a loving merciful God send somebody to hell forever for something they believe? And what happens to all the people who have never heard of Jesus? My God has a concern with justice and only sends the wicked to hell. Also, no on rots forever in Hell except Satan, he's committed all seven of the deadly sins. What goes around comes around and we are all punished according to our sin.
Like you said, all are going to be judged by what they believe.
Do you deliberately commit sins?
Those that never heard of Jesus will be judged accordingly by Jesus.
How Jesus judges them is up to Him.

Apparently you create your own god and beliefs, and are ignorant of the love of God.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175502 May 8, 2013
shure G-D is merciful, but i do not see where any of you are merciful. sure G-D is Love, but i don't see where any of you are love. sure G-D is Truth, but i don't see where any of you are true.

or THEY would not of giving, you all this thrice again chance. thinking you are, merciful, truthfull, and loving. is not necessarily, being truly loving, truly merciful, or truly true.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175503 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
OLD Testament
Zechariah 12:10
"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.
Uno, Dos, Tres
<quoted text>
You're obviously implying future generations are responsible for their ancestors wrongdoing and that is a dangerous belief. It doesn't matter if they were Jews or Romans, their descendants are not culpable. And why would they grieve for somebody after their return? Isaiah 57:10 "You are wearied in the greatness of your way; yet you said not, there is no hope; you have found the life of your hand, therefore you were not grieved" The grieving process should have taken place 2000 years ago.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175504 May 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, look you should be taking them. What can I say? You are a nonsensical freak with a 400 IQ. You can't be very smart if you expect people to even think you have a 200 IQ like you seemed to say. If you would like to start to say some intelligent things, I will gladly reconsider my assessment. Fair enough? I should call the authorities in your mental ward and say "he's posting again". LOL!!!
rabbee: will you please show me, in TheTorah where medicine is anyones savior?

you can't even accept, how and when i got my high iq. that just happened to be, something G-D said to me. and is just more proof, you do not believe in G-D. sadly medical technology, won't save anyone. you can put all your faith, in medical technology. but as for me, it's all with G-D.

make up all the false wittness, stories about me you want. but i believe in G-D, not to bear false wittness. and if you cannot forgive me, for believing in G-D Only. then i shall never forgive you, for not believing in G-D Only.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug 14 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug 7 Trump Rules Zippy 9
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul '17 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul '17 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun '17 just sayin 3
More from around the web