Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#175463 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO truth in you.
what was that for? focus!
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#175464 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

In my mind Israel was lucky not to have been BOMBED by Iraq because of a CLEAR and STATED THREAT to its national security. Based on the argument of the poster Iraq could have used the argument of DETERRENCE and self-defence.
In April 2010, Israel warned Syria not to allow missiles destined for Hezbollah to cross through Syria. It threatened that it would destroy any such missiles. In January and May 2013 it did so because Syria did not heed the warning.

In 1962 Jamaican Prime Minister Sir Alexander Bustamante joined other OAS leaders in warning Russia that unless it withdrew missiles from Cuba and those coming to Cuba (a mere 90 miles from Jamaica) that the OAS would take defensive measures to destroy those missiles. "Jamaica, the statement said, was 'against the build-up of offensive weapons, which constitute a threat to peace and endorses the steps that have been announced by the USA ....'" Luckily that unlike Syria, Russia heeded the warning from Bustamante and other OAS leaders.

I guess it depends on where the missiles are aimed whether or not defensive first strikes are warranted.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175465 May 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not love, Drama Queen. God is loving.
To say God is love is idiotic as it may mean that Love is God, which is sooooo absurd.
And what love did your God show to Jesus, Love-Sick?
Now, let us have your garments but keep the loin cloth and get up the pole!
Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
----------
Luke 10:22 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."
----------
John 3:35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands.

According to the Holy Bible, God placed Muslims and Jews under the command of Jesus, and are subject to believe in Jesus as the Son of God their Savior or suffer the pains if hell.

God knows best.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175466 May 8, 2013
Correction-According to the Holy Bible, God placed Muslims and Jews under the command of Jesus, and are subject to believe in Jesus as the Son of God their Savior or suffer the pains of hell.

God knows best.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175467 May 8, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well it seems to be,
That you have rabies.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175468 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: yeah and a dog, can only run half way, into the woods. because then, he is running out.
Ah hah hah, ah hah hah. So clever. Honestly what friggen grade are you in? The problem isn't even that you said this, the problem is that you actually think it's clever or funny. How could you, unless you were a little kid or a senile old man? Please take your meds and do us all a favor. Is that clear enough for you?

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#175469 May 8, 2013
Wait... Did I hear that right?

Did you ACTUALLY say "why comment on issues that I know nothing about"

Well allow me to REPLY

Considering you swear that the Quran is a correction to MY faith Christianity,

and considering that the Quran, according to you is a revelation to GOD to direct people

WHY WOULDNT I COMMENT ON IT????

So again,

013 44/11:“These are settled portions (of inheritance*) ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise”. A claim that is thoroughly contradicted by the fact that the portions does not always add up. There f. ex. are cases where the inheritors according to the mentioned rules in the Quran, all together are to inherit 112,5% and even 125% of the total inheritance - and other cases where the sum is less than 100%

EXPLAIN IT
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So they go and "beg you" to loan extra money so they can act according to Quran's instructions?
why you comment on issues you have no knowledge about?
This is not a sign of scholarship, but only of stupidity?
PS:
Have you seen a "four footed fowl" as mentioned in the Bible in the list of "banned animals"?
May be it got extinct once the Bible was written down!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175470 May 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Anyway you cut it, Christians do believe in three gods. They are three separate entities and three separate people.p.QUOTE]

Who told you that? I'm not a Catholic anymore but I did go to Catholic school and they never taught me that.

[QUOTE who="susanblange"]
It doesn't matter if they believe they all comprise God. When God said "The Lord is one", it meant one person, not three.
It says God is one and never says anything about three different people. Is the Holy Spirit a person? But I know that you're pretty retarded and simple, so nobody could ever explain abstract concepts to you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175471 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: truth = love... as lies = hate... truth = good... lies = evil. none of the true prophets of G-D, would lie to even save their life.
it would appear as if Moshe, or Daneeel could of been squashed like a bug, for telling the truth. because they, refused to lie.
Would you please just shut up you mental midget? Please?

Location hidden

#175472 May 8, 2013
01 - then WE CHRISTIANS and WE JEWS are all set. Barnabas Gospel is a forgery because it was not WRITTEN by Barnabas. "forgery" is a different thing than "corrupted"

02 SHOW ME WHERE THE DIFFERENCES LEAD ANYONE TO WORSHIPPING MORE THAN ONE GOD. YOU CANT. GET OFF THE THREAD WITH YOUR DECEPTION.
Secondly there was no "and the word was God's"... in the MANUSCRIPT..> The phrase back then would be "the word was of God", as Greek did not have "'s". And the comforter is NOT muhammad. Muhammad did not send comfort to anyone, but only war. That's historical FACT.

04 - To "say' that it comes from god when it does not is in itself blasphemy. Mormons, your little blaspheming brothers, they use the same excuse. Yet their theology is not like yours. YOu cannot both be true. Thus "saying" it's from God is not sufficient to prove that it is from God.

05 You fail. I repeat: MUHAMMAD confused MARY (mother of Jesus) father with Mariam (brother of Moses) father. Because in Arabic, the name is spelled the same. YOU FAIL. QURAN IS FALSE.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. So if any manuscripts says that "there is one God" then it is not corrupted. So Gospel of Barnabas is also not a forgery because it also "speaks about one God only"?
02. Do not speak in hyperbole, talk in basic language. First of all "there are not so many Manuscripts from 3rd or 4th century CE" only single copies exist and they do not match exactly with each other.
Then numbers increase as we move into next centuries, but again no two manuscripts exist.
And we do not need "very big changes to totally change the message, some times a single word or comma or punctuation mark changes the total meaning of passage.
For example the famous opening verse of Gospel of John : "In the beginning there was Word and the Word was with God and verse was God".
Is also rendered as "In the beginning was the Word and Word was with God and the word was God's"
Periclytos and Paracletus (Comforter as mentioned in John) can change the total meaning of the word.
04. Where did Luke or John said 'We are writing from inspiration or tell the source of their knowledge"
It is claim which you people make on THEIR Behalf.
It is only your ASSUMPTION that Quran's 7 skies is "stolen from Bible", how can one say anything about what you assume and what you do not.
05. You even do not know that Mary's real name was indeed Miriam!! The same as sister of Aaron.
They name her Mary in Gospel to look like it is a Roman name!!
Her name was Miriam (in Arabic Maryam) and Quran did not get her name wrong.!!
PS:
I do not know what is the purpose of your post, what you are trying to prove?

Location hidden

#175473 May 8, 2013
Jesus is God, therefore it makes sense.

And it's horse shit when the Quran says Christians believe this because God played a trick on people to make it "look like" Jesus was crucified.

Remember, the Quran says God made it appear that Jesus was nailed to the cross.

THAT DOES NOT HELP God broadcast the truth... and even in your point of view, I'm right, because you can only blame God's deception for Christianity!

Not Constantine
Not Trinity

No... God himself, according to your book... is a liar and deceiver of billions.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, boy! That is a load of Horse Shit. Tell me who were the idiots, who lied not only through their teeth but also through their arses and said that it was Jesus, who spoke to Moses.
Such silly, stupid and absurd claims show how much fraud has entered Christianity.

Location hidden

#175474 May 8, 2013
OLD Testament

Zechariah 12:10
"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Uno, Dos, Tres
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It says God is one and never says anything about three different people. Is the Holy Spirit a person? But I know that you're pretty retarded and simple, so nobody could ever explain abstract concepts to you.

Location hidden

#175475 May 8, 2013
Hey PAGAN....

Pour yourself a glass...

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/How-Bout-a-Nice...
JOEL wrote:
I believe that Allah spoke to the idiot Muhammad via an invisible angel called Jibreel. I have no proof to support this Islamic belief. It's just a mere belief. LOL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175476 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Israel say? How can it be deterrence if they never issued a threat? What are you talking about? Fourth time.
The conversation is clearly above your head. I was NOT the one who introduced DETERRENCE.

Get off your lazy backside and reread the sequence and hopefully you will get an understanding of something.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175477 May 8, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Good night.
rest well, dear. Dream about papa.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175478 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
what was that for? focus!
HughBe---There is NO truth in you.

Frijoles---what was that for? focus!

HughBe--- It was for love otherwise I would have used a more FOCUSED expression. I softened it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175479 May 8, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect answer.
The last time you attempted this question that I'd posted months ago, you came up with 20 sweets as the answer. This, too, is wrong. I'd provided the detailed solution then.
So, once again, here goes.
The correct answer is worked out as follows:
QUESTION:
A dealer said he’d gift 1 sweet in exchange for 3 empty sweet wrappers provided the sweets were purchased from his shop. One sweet costs $ 1. If you have $ 15 with you, how many sweets can you get, in all?
SOLUTION:
Total amount available =$ 15
Cost price of 1 sweet =$ 1
Condition: 1 sweet in exchange for 3 empty sweet wrappers.
Now, with $ 15, you can outright buy 15 sweets @$ 1 per sweet.
With the 15 empty sweet wrappers, you can get in return 15/3 = 5 sweets.
Total sweets: 15 + 5 = 20 sweets.
Then, you proceed to eat the 5 extra sweets and get 5 empty sweet wrappers.
From these 5 empty sweet wrappers, you retain 2 empty sweet wrappers and hand over 3 empty sweet wrappers to the dealer and get 1 sweet in return.
Your explanation is completely flawed and wrong based on the question asked. Nothing was mentioned about how many you choose to buy at one time and retain and how many wrappers you choose to hand over. Nothing was mentioned about how many you buy at one time or how many wrappers you choose to retain at any given time and point. The question asked how many you can BUY, not how many you could get, and the answer is 15.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175480 May 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God does not love everybody. She loves the righteous who love her.
Yes, now the Jewess God is a woman, Freak.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175481 May 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
In April 2010, Israel warned Syria not to allow missiles destined for Hezbollah to cross through Syria. It threatened that it would destroy any such missiles. In January and May 2013 it did so because Syria did not heed the warning.
In 1962 Jamaican Prime Minister Sir Alexander Bustamante joined other OAS leaders in warning Russia that unless it withdrew missiles from Cuba and those coming to Cuba (a mere 90 miles from Jamaica) that the OAS would take defensive measures to destroy those missiles. "Jamaica, the statement said, was 'against the build-up of offensive weapons, which constitute a threat to peace and endorses the steps that have been announced by the USA ....'" Luckily that unlike Syria, Russia heeded the warning from Bustamante and other OAS leaders.
I guess it depends on where the missiles are aimed whether or not defensive first strikes are warranted.
HughBe---In my mind Israel was lucky not to have been BOMBED by Iraq because of a CLEAR and STATED THREAT to its national security. Based on the argument of the poster Iraq could have used the argument of DETERRENCE and self-defence.

Eric---In April 2010, Israel warned Syria not to allow missiles destined for Hezbollah to cross through Syria. It threatened that it would destroy any such missiles. In January and May 2013 it did so because Syria did not heed the warning.

HughBe--- So? Tell me the point that I am making and use quotes to support your understanding.

Link it to Iran and their construction of a nuclear plant for, as they have said, for energy purposes.

How many nuclear weapons are in Israel's possession?

How many more are needed for defence?

Are they acquiring more nuclear weapons?

Eric---In 1962 Jamaican Prime Minister Sir Alexander Bustamante joined other OAS leaders in warning Russia that unless it withdrew missiles from Cuba and those coming to Cuba (a mere 90 miles from Jamaica) that the OAS would take defensive measures to destroy those missiles. "Jamaica, the statement said, was 'against the build-up of offensive weapons, which constitute a threat to peace and endorses the steps that have been announced by the USA ....'"

HughBe--- Jamaica became independent in 1962 or 50 years ago. I am saying that I would have loved to see Jamaica attack the missiles in question. Based on the quote, it is clear to me that the newly elected Jamaican Government must have believed that water guns or pistols were a match for missiles.

The whole thing is a BAD joke.

Eric---Luckily that unlike Syria, Russia heeded the warning from Bustamante and other OAS leaders.

HughBe--- You have no idea of the BS that you are talking. Tell me about the OAS.

Eric---I guess it depends on where the missiles are aimed whether or not defensive first strikes are warranted.

HughBe--- STOP guessing. What is good for one is good for ALL. No country is SPECIAL and that includes Jamaica and Israel.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#175482 May 8, 2013
Learn the concept of KARMA. If you do something bad you got to pay for it. If you you something good, God rewards you for it in His own ways. It's not just this life
You have to pay for what you owed but your Karma sticks with you. You have earned it and you got to settle the account. You have this D V D within your body which records all your thoughts and actions and in the end you got to settle yur account.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed John 4,951
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May 27 John 14,736
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) May 26 Tete Rouge 119
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr '17 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr '17 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
More from around the web