Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
164,901 - 164,920 of 199,882 Comments Last updated 26 min ago
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Dragnet wrote:
01. B and C. You are also equally guilty of the thing which you accuse others of..

02. The problem with you Muslims is that everything has to start and end with religion....

03. Epics like Ramayan and Mahabharat are part of Indian folklore just like Greek epics Odyssey and Iliad were part of the pre-Christian Greek civilization.

04. Apart from that, in India it is only the Hindus who have got the emotional connect with the folklore of ancient India. of spiritual and moral failing.

05. It’s only Koran which places emphasis on waging religious wars and hence only Islamic religious warriors can rightly be depicted as holding the mirror for Islam. The character of Saad is a glaring example of the deficiency of Islam.

06. Victory of good over evil is a theme that is not solely confined to the realm of religion

07. Keeping with your wish I will skirt the Hindu Muslim issue in India. But before I finish I will make a few general remarks. Even if RSS is a bunch of troublemakers, at worst their troublemaking skills remains confined to fishing in troubled waters.
Ans.

01. There is nothing bad about discussing shortcomings of every one's religions when we discuss on religions with people.

There is no "guilt" involved in that. Provided we use proper language and do it in a civil manner.

How can you invite people to your religion without "proving" that your religion is "best of the best"?

02. It is not our "problem" but our strength that we keep our thoughts focused and keeps every thing in their proper places.

03 & 04.. Culture, folklore and customs all have their places in Islam. But our first and foremost duty is towards our Creator and His Messenger.

The problem with other "religions" is that they are "too much involved" in their local customs and folklore. For them their "Epics" score above their Scriptures, In Islam it is not like that.

And another things when you keep your local customs, folklore and epics above every thing is that, you loose on universality of your religion.

05. Why you say it is "Only Quran" which asks Muslims to wage wars on wrong doers and corruption on the land? What is Lord Krishna's message to Arjun in Gita?

You are again picking on Saad, without having any info or knowledge about the incident.

06. Victory of Good over evil is applicable in all fields of life, and religion is also applicable in all parts of our lives.

07. Coming to "troubled waters". I do not know how far we have to go back in the history to find out "who churned the waters first"?

Aryan invasion to India and their capture of Original inhabitants, Rise and Fall of Buddhism in India and internal wars between hundreds of kingdoms do not mean that "water was very still" when Muslims arrived in India.

We should discuss only the recent past and to my info it were the British who "churned the Water" after 1857 war to create bad blood between Hindus and Muslims.

And it were more Hindus who took the bait and some Muslims also took the bait.

And this is what caused partition of India and RSS is still taking that bait and results might be similar.

That is how far I will give to comment on Hindu Muslim debate.

PS:

You claim to be objective and broad minded.

But deep down for you, your local customs, habits and folklore are your real religion and you give them more importance than basic issues as to what is religion and which is the best religion in the world.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus spoke to Abraham.
Jesus identified Himself as "I AM WHO AM" the God that spoke to Moses.
13 Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me,‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?"
14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:‘I AM has sent me to you.’"
15 God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites,‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.
I can understand your difficulty and trying to shift focus from the real issue.

First you tried to use Bible itself as a proof.

Then you tried your hand with science and archeology and what nots.

Then you tried to involve Quran and our prophet

and now you are trying to use jesus as a proof.

But irrespective of whatever you try, you have not touched the real question:

"Where is your proof that God spoke to Abraham and Moses"?

When you make a Claim, you should also have proof for the claim.

Or be honest and say "we have no proofs, this is what we believe in"?

Speak truth at least "first time in your life"!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

osirica wrote:
01 - What in any manuscript have we found that teaches that god is not god, or that there is more than one god?

02 the logic by firstly the abundance of consistency among what remains... the logic by historical proof in archaeology... historical proof that you Muslims would not exist were it not for us Christians and Jews.

03 - see 02

04 - Gospel of Luke, Gospel of John

There is no forgery in the Bible. The forgeries come about from "restorations" that make up lies about God telling them to correct it.

At the very least, the corrections should match things.

For instance, in the Quran it is said 7 heavens. This was a catholic invention that came about long after the Bible was written, based on Talmud ideas of the planets passing in the sky at night.

009 3/35:”Imran’s wife said”. The Quran here is talking about the mother of Mary (see also 3/36 in the Quran:“I have named her Mary”).

But Mary's father was Joachim...
MARIAM... Moses sister... THEIR father was Amran.

And in Arabic "Mary" is also called "Mariam"
Ans.

01. So if any manuscripts says that "there is one God" then it is not corrupted. So Gospel of Barnabas is also not a forgery because it also "speaks about one God only"?

02. Do not speak in hyperbole, talk in basic language. First of all "there are not so many Manuscripts from 3rd or 4th century CE" only single copies exist and they do not match exactly with each other.

Then numbers increase as we move into next centuries, but again no two manuscripts exist.

And we do not need "very big changes to totally change the message, some times a single word or comma or punctuation mark changes the total meaning of passage.

For example the famous opening verse of Gospel of John : "In the beginning there was Word and the Word was with God and verse was God".

Is also rendered as "In the beginning was the Word and Word was with God and the word was God's"

Periclytos and Paracletus (Comforter as mentioned in John) can change the total meaning of the word.

04. Where did Luke or John said 'We are writing from inspiration or tell the source of their knowledge"

It is claim which you people make on THEIR Behalf.

It is only your ASSUMPTION that Quran's 7 skies is "stolen from Bible", how can one say anything about what you assume and what you do not.

05. You even do not know that Mary's real name was indeed Miriam!! The same as sister of Aaron.

They name her Mary in Gospel to look like it is a Roman name!!

Her name was Miriam (in Arabic Maryam) and Quran did not get her name wrong.!!

PS:

I do not know what is the purpose of your post, what you are trying to prove?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your difficulty and trying to shift focus from the real issue.
First you tried to use Bible itself as a proof.
Then you tried your hand with science and archeology and what nots.
Then you tried to involve Quran and our prophet
and now you are trying to use jesus as a proof.
But irrespective of whatever you try, you have not touched the real question:
"Where is your proof that God spoke to Abraham and Moses"?
When you make a Claim, you should also have proof for the claim.
Or be honest and say "we have no proofs, this is what we believe in"?
Speak truth at least "first time in your life"!!
Its in all that I posted MUQ.
You see MUQ, Jesus is God in the Human form, And Jesus proved that He is God incarnate.
Your problem your are ignoring the facts.
Your playing a game of hide and seek with your self MUQ.
Jesus is the factual evidence that God talked to Abraham and Moses.
Jesus is God in human form.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus spoke to Abraham.

Jesus identified Himself as "I AM WHO AM" the God that spoke to Moses.
Oh, boy! That is a load of Horse Shit. Tell me who were the idiots, who lied not only through their teeth but also through their arses and said that it was Jesus, who spoke to Moses.

Such silly, stupid and absurd claims show how much fraud has entered Christianity.

Now, revise all the text and write in the following manner:

13 Moses said to Jesus, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me,‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?"

14 Jesus said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:‘I AM has sent me to you.’"

15 Jesus also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites,‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

16 But Jesus, always good at hiding, hid his real name and never told Moses that his name was Jesus."

I added 16 to make the lie greater.

After Moses reached the Israelites in Egypt, they asked, "Who are you and who has sent you?"

Moses replied, "My name is Moses and I am has sent me to you."

The Israelites, upon hearing that rolled on the floor and laughed their asses out.

They said, "Moses, you don't even know how to talk proper Hebrew."

Moses said, "But he told me he was I am that I am."

The Israelites, upon hearing that rolled on the floor and laughed their asses out more.

They said, "Didn't he give you a name? What is that nonsense 'I am that I am'? How did he look like?"

Moses said, "Yes, he told me his name was Jesus and looked like a Roman kid to me."

The Israelites, upon hearing that kept rolling on the floor and kept laughing their asses out. It became a loud chorus.

If one wants to learn how to lie about God and prophets, one needs to go to the nearest Church or meet a presbyter aka Evangelist.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its in all that I posted MUQ.
You see MUQ, Jesus is God in the Human form, And Jesus proved that He is God incarnate.
You have been misinformed.

That Jesus is God in the Human form and that Jesus proved he is God incarnate, is nothing but lies upon lies and bull shit.

You have no evidence and you have nothing from Jesus on that bull shit. Stop believing in that nonsense and bull shit.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
3. I take it that others have the SAME right to strike Israel as a deterrent to a clear threat.
Yes, that is correct, HughBe. Good point.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its in all that I posted MUQ.
It is not what our discussion is about.

Our discussion is regarding you giving Proof that God spoke to Abraham and Moses.

Without that proof, there is no OT and there is no prophesies and no nothing.

We will discuss the status of Jesus when we will come to discuss Prophets of God Inshallah, if you will be present on this thread!!

Why not be honest and say "I have no proofs, I only believe that God spoke to Abraham and Moses"?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Seeker wrote:
But the current Jewish society let them get divorced for multiple reasons.
You did exactly what you were accusing us of. That was an off-topic response and you just blamed the current Jewish society.

Christians all over the world are doing the same, Muslims included. That was not my point.

Actually, I had written this:

In Matthew 5:31, one can see clearly that Jesus agrees on divorcing a wife for sexual immorality but not for domestic quarrels and the nitty gritty.

Jesus agreed that one can divorce one's wife for sexual immorality. So no one can say that Jesus did not allow divorce at all.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

susanblange wrote:
The God of Israel defines idolatry also as the worship of any heathen deity. This would include Allah. He has made himself God just like Jesus, and God is the one that is laughing. "The Lord shall laugh at them for he sees that his day is coming" "The idols he shall utterly abolish.
We worship the LORD God of Abraham and Jacob. Are we worshipping a heathen deity?

If you can accept the English word God, why can't you accept the Arabic word Allah?

The word Allah is very close to Ellah (El in Hebrew) and I am sure you know that El is not pronounced as the 'el' in 'Hell' or 'Bell' or 'Tell'.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Gospel of Barnabas, Part-107A (Conclusion - Contd.)
Prologue:(MUQ)
I'm glad this post got so many good reviews. Ready for the bad news people? The Gospel of Barnabas is an obvious fraud

http://islamnewsroom.com/news-we-need/730-gos...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, boy! That is a load of Horse Shit. Tell me who were the idiots, who lied not only through their teeth but also through their arses and said that it was Jesus, who spoke to Moses.
Such silly, stupid and absurd claims show how much fraud has entered Christianity.
Now, revise all the text and write in the following manner:
13 Moses said to Jesus, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me,‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?"
14 Jesus said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:‘I AM has sent me to you.’"
15 Jesus also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites,‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.
16 But Jesus, always good at hiding, hid his real name and never told Moses that his name was Jesus."
I added 16 to make the lie greater.
After Moses reached the Israelites in Egypt, they asked, "Who are you and who has sent you?"
Moses replied, "My name is Moses and I am has sent me to you."
The Israelites, upon hearing that rolled on the floor and laughed their asses out.
They said, "Moses, you don't even know how to talk proper Hebrew."
Moses said, "But he told me he was I am that I am."
The Israelites, upon hearing that rolled on the floor and laughed their asses out more.
They said, "Didn't he give you a name? What is that nonsense 'I am that I am'? How did he look like?"
Moses said, "Yes, he told me his name was Jesus and looked like a Roman kid to me."
The Israelites, upon hearing that kept rolling on the floor and kept laughing their asses out. It became a loud chorus.
If one wants to learn how to lie about God and prophets, one needs to go to the nearest Church or meet a presbyter aka Evangelist.
If your that ignorant and cannot understand what God is saying to you, then you deserve to live eternally in fires of hell.
That is the bottom line.
There is no bull-shit of who did this or where did this come from,
God laid it out in His Holy Bible of how you must obey His commands.
You don't get it.
No one is going to enter Gods Kingdom with a screwed of mind like Muhammad's.
You Muslims are the image of Muhammad and you Muslims are going nowhere unless Muslims repent the false hoods of Muhammad.
You Muslims are idiots.
Satan has control your minds.
Reborn with water and the Spirit brings Gods spirit into your soul and chases Satan out of it.
The Blood of Jesus keeps your soul washed clean of sins through repentance of your sins paid for by the blood of Jesus.

There is no atonement of sin without the shedding of blood, that is Gods command, and His way of cleansing your soul by His own Blood shed for you and me.

The life of the flesh is in the blood, and its Gods blood that gives eternal life to your dead body by washing your sins away and keeping you out of the grasp of Satan.

Any one can forgive sins, but its the blood of Jesus that washes your sins away by destroying the nature of sin in your body and giving your reborn soul eternal life in communion with the Holiness of God.

Muhammad never knew God.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: just because i am not the same as then, or have a job from G-D that nobody wants. is not indicative of, what my worldly iq would be to you. are you a neurosergeon, authorized to give iq tests? do you even know, how far a dog can run into the woods? and just how fast, can you string beads?
sure i am talking about a subject, that none of you even want to know. but does this have, any effect on my iq? or is it your nievity of the subjects, just assuming it as so? and i am saying, everything this world, just does not want to hear.
I didn't say your IQ doesn't look to be over 200 because you have a job from god, but from the answers you give when questioned...
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. So if any manuscripts says that "there is one God" then it is not corrupted. So Gospel of Barnabas is also not a forgery because it also "speaks about one God only"
And that's why you bought it hook line and sinker. All someone has to do is to tell Muslims what they want to hear, and they'll buy it right away. Just like the story of Neil Armstrong hearing the call to prayer on the moon. They are so desperate for Islam to be the truth. And by the way, the Trinity is not three Gods. It is three aspects or manifestations of one God.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

LOL. The word GOD means different things to different people. Thus, the Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists have different ideas about God with there not being one standard definition of the word.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

I believe that Allah spoke to the idiot Muhammad via an invisible angel called Jibreel. I have no proof to support this Islamic belief. It's just a mere belief. LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Stefano keeps asserting that YHVH, Allah, El and other beings do not exist. How does he know that they don't exist? Has he incisively and comprehensively investigated the matter in a subjective as well as objective manner and then arrived at the conclusion? Or is it one of those off-hand comments of a typical sub-intellectual crass materialist with a superficial and narrow world-view who can't see anything beyond matter and who insist that mind, life, emotions and consciousness are aspects of matter? LOL.
Anyway.
Holy cow.

Have you incisively and comprehensively investigated the matter (YHVH, Allah, EL and other beings) in a subjective as well as objective manner and then arrived at the conclusion they exist? No you haven't at all. LOL

Send my greetings to the Elephant man, Ganesha and don't tell me that the elephant on his face only rapresent some cosmic BS. We all have read his story and how he got his elephant face, so no one is gonna buy your BS.

Be proud to belong to the most childish and ridiculous religion that man can ever came out with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
True, Rabbee has a low IQ and your IQ is somewhere near his low IQ score.
(smiles)
I do wonder how high can be the IQ of a person that claims to have a high level of Math, Physics and Chemistry, but once we are on them he goes to look on Google for the answers and come back with the wrong ones, and neither he is aware of it?

(cheers)
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Send my greetings to the Elephant man, Ganesha and don't tell me that the elephant on his face only rapresent some cosmic BS. We all have read his story and how he got his elephant face, so no one is gonna buy your BS.
There you go shooting off your ignorant mouth again. LOL.

I worship no one but my higher self.

I don't belong to the Hindu religion nor was I born one.

I admire Vedanta and Buddhism for their sublime mysticism and high logic.

Regarding Ganesha, well, no one in their right mind will ever say that it (ganesha) was or is a human being.

So, what does the elephant-face represent?

Is it a symbol?

No, it's not a symbol by any chance, babbeo.

Then what is that unique form of ganesha?

Well, on the vital plane, various vital forces that're highly fluidic in nature take various grotesque and unnatural forms and one of these weird forms seen on the vital plane is the form of ganesha.

If you know how to propitiate this form called ganesha using its activated mantra then, well, the common experiences among mystics is that the form manifests before one's subtle vision and may confer one with various vital powers.

However, ganesha, a vital-force being, is too minor a being to be taken seriously.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not what our discussion is about.
Our discussion is regarding you giving Proof that God spoke to Abraham and Moses.
Without that proof, there is no OT and there is no prophesies and no nothing.
We will discuss the status of Jesus when we will come to discuss Prophets of God Inshallah, if you will be present on this thread!!
Why not be honest and say "I have no proofs, I only believe that God spoke to Abraham and Moses"?
Jesus is the living proof that God spoke to Moses.

Muslims are ignorant of the teachings of Jesus.
Jesus teachings is about saving your soul, and what God commands you to do in order to save it from the fires of hell.

The blood of Jesus destroys the nature of your soul to sin.
God protects your soul from Satan by sending His Holy Spirit to dwell in side your heart and mind to those who believe in Jesus Christ, Gods Son.
That is being reborn with water and the Spirit.

Only Gods blood can destroy the nature of sin.
That is why God gave the command that there is no atonement for sin without the shedding of blood.
If you read my other post that command by God is in that post.

Any one can forgive sin MUQ, but it is the blood of Gods Son Jesus that destroy the nature of sin that is no more remembered by God.

Muhammad never knew God MUQ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pagan/Wiccan Forum right now

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Coming Christian Revolt 6 hr The_Box 181
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Jul 22 selatla 105
Pagan ritual bid to find Brighton and Hove lott... (Nov '13) Jul 20 abukar 3
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... Jul 16 Travis Frey 28
Pat Robertson Blames 'Witchcraft In The Family'... Jul 15 Gremlin 2
Atheist to open NY meeting; top court OKed prayers Jul 15 Cordwainer Trout 1
Cosmic ordering (Nov '09) Jul 13 bren 3
•••
•••