Who Is Allah?

There are 219932 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175168 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even understand what 9:29 says? Where does it talk about fighting against Jews, fool?
If you don't understand, ask me and I will translate it myself for you. And by the way, did you read and understand all the verses from 9:1 to 9:28? I am sure, you did not.
Muslims in Medinah did fight with the Jews of Medinah, because they had joined forces with pagan Meccans, who were out to destroy the Prophet and Islam. That is nothing new. Were the Muslims fighting with all the Jews in the region?
Why do you lick polemic Christian asses here by butting in foolishly to defend Christianity? I have noticed that you always butt in with your silly and absurd posts, when you see Christian polemicists unable to answer anything?
Prick,

Quran 9:29 is pretty much clear to anyone but yourself.

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture -[fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

So what does it say about the people of the Scripture? LOL

I don't lick Christians asses, I have criticize them as well, but there is no point to discuss with people like Shamma. You do that because you are just another hypocrite fool. I only criticize your posts because they are too dumb and liar and show in your posts all your ignorance. In few occasions I have explained to you how to answer back to your Christians, but you are too stupid to figure it out and keep making silly comments.

By the way, for example now I caught you lying about Jews being labeled Muslims for the simple fact they believe in Abraham's god. Is this that you call licking Christian asses?

How desperately dumb you can ever be?! LOL

truth

Perth, Australia

#175169 May 7, 2013
if you could find ancient books..then you will find out what Sahara have before..
under 30 line as horisontal which going cross top of africa mostly where muslim as well jew live..you will be suprice what come in my mind as well why..
then you will find out much more ..you not see my diagram when i drove over and down line..
its something exist in my mind not aloud talk or have memory..but time to time its cvrk in my mind
then forget again..only if i been put short notice on tiny papers under symbol what nobody know except me..
nk
byyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#175170 May 7, 2013
on that time as ancient not live your yew muslim or any christians remember that..

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175171 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true, Buford. Our dear Prophet killed no one. He did not even carry a sword.
LOL

But this lying idiot is trying to fool others or himself?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175172 May 7, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Prick,
Quran 9:29 is pretty much clear to anyone but yourself.
Here is what the liar does not want you to see. This is a famous historian and commentator of the Quran who Muslims themselves respect highly. Muhammad didn't kill the Christians and Jews because he was smart enough to extort money from them to pay for his war machine. The jizyah tax was designed as a humilaition for Jews and Christians for not being Muslims and also to replace lost trade revenues after they slayed and conquered the pagans and cut ties with the remaining ones which caused a loss in trade revenue.

I'm going to link these rather than just post them. Read the whole thing.

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...

And here's how the "fair" Muslims treated them.

This is all from a very respected MUSLIM scholar and historian and commentator on the meanings in the Quran who lived in the 13th century and had no reason to hide or sugar coat things like Muslims today do all of the time.

While Muslims might be honest about other things, when it comes to discussing Islam, they turn into the biggest liars on the planet. And they think it's clever rather than shameful.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175173 May 7, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You have to understand how Muslims are taught and therefore how they think. They are taught that it is impossible for anybody to disvbelieve that the Quran comes from God after they read it. And if they claim they don't believe it, they are just being stubborn and and are lying. Believe it or not, this is true. That's really what they are taught.

So the assumption is that if you poke holes in Islam, you are merely lying because you know Islam is the truth. So, since they assume you are lying, they think it's a game where they have to be a more clever liar than you are and out lie you. I'm dead serious about this. This is why they don't have any single problem lying to you. It's actually a despicable little game, but they think it's clever rather than shameful.
deagenaration

United States

#175174 May 7, 2013
My life goes the way that ALLAH planned it not the way i planned.
My future is in ALLAH'S will not in my hands.
Where i end up depends on how pleased ALLAH is with me.
What i eat , the way i look etc.. Are all dictated by ALLAH only he can change it.
ALLAH is the sovereign god of all things which are known and unknown.
To allah belongs all praise..subhanallah
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#175175 May 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muhammad sold his soul to the devil.
No!

The founding fathers of Christianity sold their souls to the Devil aka Satan and became Satan's Chosen Minions.

You know that the biblical Jesus sat in the company of Satan and both spent forty days together in the wilderness. Right?

After Jesus denied being the son of God, Satan left him and became his enemy. Every time Jesus spoke, Satan interfered and out came Satanic Verses from Jesus' mouth.

Verses such as *******"The Father and I are one and the same person".********(Note: My edit) to show that this is what the incoherent Jesus meant under the inspiration of Satan.

That was just a sample. In short, the biblical Jesus was Satan's best buddy.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175176 May 7, 2013
deagenaration wrote:
My life goes the way that ALLAH planned it not the way i planned.
My future is in ALLAH'S will not in my hands.
Where i end up depends on how pleased ALLAH is with me.
What i eat , the way i look etc.. Are all dictated by ALLAH only he can change it.
ALLAH is the sovereign god of all things which are known and unknown.
To allah belongs all praise..subhanallah
Well any Christian can say the same thing. The question is, which version of God is the right one?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175177 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
The founding fathers of Christianity sold their souls to the Devil aka Satan and became Satan's Chosen Minions.
You know that the biblical Jesus sat in the company of Satan and both spent forty days together in the wilderness. Right?
After Jesus denied being the son of God, Satan left him and became his enemy. Every time Jesus spoke, Satan interfered and out came Satanic Verses from Jesus' mouth.
Verses such as *******"The Father and I are one and the same person".********(Note: My edit) to show that this is what the incoherent Jesus meant under the inspiration of Satan.
That was just a sample. In short, the biblical Jesus was Satan's best buddy.
You will never understand anything that Jesus said because you have no education in deeper thinking and philosophy. I could even explain to you what is meant by I am in the Father and the Father is in me. But what good would it do? You aren't educated enough to understand the explanation. If you had education in Philosophy or even read some Asian wisdom such as Lao Tzu, you would understand what Jesus was saying a lot better. But you have only been taught the Quran and are sorely lacking education in any philosophy, nor any logic principles, and Muhammad was sorely lacking in these as well. It's obvious from reading him, whoops, I mean the Quran.
bmz

Singapore

#175178 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
The funniest part of this whole discussion is how this is a thread about Islam, but Muslims always turn it into a thread about Christianity. That seems to always be the Muslim technique.

Q) did you steal an apple?
A) what about all the oranges that other people steal?

That is the exact Muslim mentality. someone points out that they have a hole in their boat, and they try to fix it by trying to poke a hole in another boat.
You might laugh, but that's the exact logic, and they don't even see any problem with it, that's the worst part."

It's funny, when it comes to the Bible problems, all of the sudden they can try to be analytical, but when you point out a problem with the Quran, they get this blank stare and a "deer in the headlights" look. And they can't even see the problem with this.

I brought up the very problematic verse of Quran 69:16, and BMZ was the only one to even attempt to answer it. And he did so by using the classic, I know the Arabic excuse, and then turns around and gives his translation, and it's the same thing as the translation that I quoted, except for he tries to change 'for it will be weak', to 'as if it was weak'. And 'as if' is not even in the verse, and even if it was, it still did nothing to solve the problem of how the sky could possibly crack open unless it was a dome, roof, or canopy of some sorts just like 7t century Bedouin Arabs believed it was.

And then, the next tactic is rather than fix the hole in his boat, he tries to poke a hole in another boat as though that's going to do anything to fix the hole in his boat. So he brings out a problematic verse from the Bible to change the discussion. And when I said it is a problematic verse, he was forced to turn back to the Quran and then he shuts the blinds and pretends that he actually answered the problem and forgets that anybody even pointed out 69:16. And everybody else is supposed to forget it as well, and the discussion goes right back to Christianity on a thread about Islam.

They can be analytical, but as soon as the Quran gets challenged, they become the least reasonable and analytical people on the planet. And again, they see no problem with this. Its like they CAN'T see the problem.

And then the last part of their complete irrationality, is that they ask you where Jesus said something, and you quote it and they say that verse is corrupted. Well, the Bible itself is corrupted according to them, not just a verse or two, so why ask anybody to quote anything from it when if they get what they ask for, they will merely write it off as a corrupted.

They are the most irrational people on the planet. How could anybody possible expect to have any reasonable, rational discussion with people like this, especially when they are not even remotely capable of seeing their own irrationality.
Oh! You made me spray my tea.

The most important point is that Muslims reply all silly, stupid and absurd posts from Christians but Christians, when asked questions about their Bible, DARE not and are unable to answer and instead give off-topic reply.

Shamma, Stefano and your good self are good examples of that and this is nothing new. Even Jesus did the same through Tu Quoque and off-topic answers and this is why Jesus failed.

If you read your gospels, you can find Jesus doing exactly the same.

An absurd and insensible proposal from ignorant fools must be ridiculed.

About asking, "Where did Jesus say that", you must be prepared to show that. If you can't, then withdraw the absurd statements made and claimed for Jesus by the lying Church father.

The point is simple: When you say, "Jesus is God", you have to show and prove to us that Jesus said, "I am God". If you can't, then we will say that it is a lie, preposterous and absurd.

You can't quote ignorant fools of the 3rd-7th Centuries, who thought so and said that.

See, how nicely I did it?

Now, tell me who is the clown or who are the clowns, who said, "Jesus is God"!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175179 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus sat in the company of Satan and both spent forty days together in the wilderness. Right?
After Jesus denied being the son of God, Satan left him and became his enemy.
Jesus never denied being the Son of God in that story. Are you honestly this retarded? I think this discussion has become completely pointless. I can't have a discussion with a retard and I don't know how anybody else thinks they can. It's hard to decide whether you are simply a retard or you are being purposefully deceiving. Probably both.
bmz

Singapore

#175180 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well any Christian can say the same thing. The question is, which version of God is the right one?
Christians cannot, simply because they believe that a man was God. That puts them in a class of pagans.

Only the versions that say, "There is only one God Almighty" are correct and there are only two.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175181 May 7, 2013
So to Muslims, discussions like this are always a little Tom and Jerry game, where if you are critical of Islam, you are the big bad mean cat, and they outsmart you and trick you like the clever little mouse. The amazing part is I remember reading an interview with Arafat and the reporter noticed he was watching Tom and Jerry. Of course, I doubt whether he really watched Tom and Jerry, he was making a statement about how he is the tricky, clever little mouse and Israel is the big bad mean cat. These people are always trying any angle that they can. But who can blame them? That's the way their prophet behaved, so what else can anybody expect of them?
bmz

Singapore

#175182 May 7, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
That does not help. Prove to me that the Prophet carried a sword and fought a battle.

Muslims protected him, kept him behind them and never allowed him to fight. They were not like Jesus' disciples and free food munchers, who left him away and fled.

I am trying my best to educate you.

Please let me have a nice off-topic reply.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175183 May 7, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I can accuse you to build bridges of hypocrisy with the Jews.
It's useless discuss with Shamma about religion as it's useless discuss with you about religion. It's funny and ridiculous that you and Shamma discuss about religion. Both of you are stubborn, use low logic and will never change your mind about your god, holy book and religion.
How about the italian catholic fascist who lies about his fake "rational mast-ah-bation"?

His people treated the Jews as if they were making bridges with the bones of Jews!

"Bishops did not hesitate to resort to acts of violence to compel the Jews to become Christians. Bishop Avitus, of Clermont-Ferrand, having preached to the Jews without any results, the Christians destroyed the synagogues."

A large portion of the Vosigothic Code is devoted to the treatment of the Jews, and bears plainly the marks of the Christian priesthood. It enacts:
"No Jew is in any manner to revile or abandon the holy Christian faith which the saints received by baptism. No person shall impugn it by word or deed, nor attack it either secretly or overtly. No one shall hide himself to avoid receiving it, nor shall any person secrete one that he may escape. No Jew shalt in future think to return to his errors and excommunicated religion; no one shall imagine, utter, or by any act publish the deceitful religion of the Jews, which is contrary to that of the Christians."

During the whole time of the Crusades the Jew-hunt continued from place to place. They were expelled from Vienna (1196), Mecklenburg (1225), Breslau (1226), Frankfort (1241), Brandenburg (1243), Munich (1285). They were also chased from Naples and parts of Northern Italy. At Rome they found some shelter, many of the popes being sensible of their financial utility. They were, however, confined to a certain quarter of the city, and were subject to many odious restrictions. Some also found refuge in Poland and Russia, while many emigrated to Mohammedan countries, where they were comparatively well treated.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175184 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! You made me spray my tea.
The most important point is that Muslims reply all silly, stupid and absurd posts from Christians but Christians, when asked questions about their Bible, DARE not and are unable to answer and instead give off-topic reply.
Well, when asked about 69:16, you hid behind the Arabic excuse, and then gave you own translation where you added 'as if', and it didn't even matter anyway because adding that didn't solve the problem at all, and then you turned the attention to the Bible. I explained exactly what you do perfectly.

Q) did you steal the apple?
A) what about all of the oranges that other people steal

This is a thread about Islam in a forum about Islam, and the whole discussion gets diverted to Christianity. And you think that everybody is so stupid that they will never see what you are doing? Why would you assume that they are as stupid as you are?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175185 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
So to Muslims, discussions like this are always a little Tom and Jerry game, where if you are critical of Islam, you are the big bad mean cat, and they outsmart you and trick you like the clever little mouse. The amazing part is I remember reading an interview with Arafat and the reporter noticed he was watching Tom and Jerry. Of course, I doubt whether he really watched Tom and Jerry, he was making a statement about how he is the tricky, clever little mouse and Israel is the big bad mean cat. These people are always trying any angle that they can. But who can blame them? That's the way their prophet behaved, so what else can anybody expect of them?
hey TV jinny...stop giving your useless comments and answer my question properly or butt out..

****Without giving me third party claims or comments from passers by, please can you give DIRECT answers?

Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels?:

1. "I am God in flesh"..........Yes/No?
2. "I am God!"..........Yes/No?
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God".....Yes/No?
4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No?
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o?
6. "I am THE Father"..........Yes/No?
7. "I am made of sin"..........Yes/No?
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity".....Yes/No?
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of gentiles"..........Yes/No ?
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........Yes/No?
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"...Yes/No?
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"......Yes/No?

Bonus point...
13. "Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"...Yes/No?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175186 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not help. Prove to me that the Prophet carried a sword and fought a battle.
He did even worse. He had thousands kill FOR him. He had his thugs assassinate people FOR him. He never even offered to assassinate Kab himself, and then his men said let us do it. The first thing he asked was who of you wants to kill this man for me.
bmz

Singapore

#175187 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never denied being the Son of God in that story. Are you honestly this retarded? I think this discussion has become completely pointless. I can't have a discussion with a retard and I don't know how anybody else thinks they can. It's hard to decide whether you are simply a retard or you are being purposefully deceiving. Probably both.
Let me show you who is retarded:

"The tempter came to him and said,“If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”"

Did Jesus answer, "Yes, I am the son of God but I will not tell these stones to become bread"?

And "then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.“If you are the Son of God,” he said,“throw yourself down"."

Did Jesus say, "Yes I am the Son of God but I am not going to commit suicide"?

Jesus never uttered the words "Son of God" for himself.

In fact, when the high priest is alleged to have asked, "Are you Messiah, the son of the living God?", Jesus did not say, "Yes, I am the Son of God".

To be blunt, RETARDS were those, who wrote the gospels and RETARDS are those, who believe in the absurdities which fill the New Testament and the absurd Doctrines of the Church.

This is a fact, which you cannot deny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... 14 hr Polaris 1
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) Thu Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
News Carl Sagan as prophet of neo-Pagan Atheism May 12 geezerjock 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 11 garnetten 502
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) May 8 Over and Done 27
More from around the web