Who Is Allah?

There are 219923 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175062 May 6, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
BJ failed to convince his own people and was branded a False Prophet/Messiah by his own people who punched his face, kicked his ass, spat on him, stripped him NAKED and stuck him on a pole to die.
Holy Prophet Muhammed convinced his own people and billions of people on planet earth that he IS a REAL Messenger, Prophet and SLAVE of God.
But BJ the FAILED Jewish messiah candidate has ended up as a PAGAN SATAN mangod to the ignorant gentiles who are certain to enter hell.
Get used to it little boy.
Jesus is Lucifer, the son of Satan (Adam) and is his counterfeit messiah. He has come to finish Satans' work and has strengthened the wicked. In the eyes of God, Jesus is worse than Muhammed. Those who follow Jesus til the end will follow him into hell. He's been reincarnated and this time he's not going to heaven.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175064 May 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If Muhammad were an impostor, he would have talked like the biblical Jesus did. But Muhammad did not.
He rejected and condemned Trinity and the son of God thingy. He introduced no doctrine of sin and never said anything absurd like those attributed to Jesus.
He called Jesus, the SON of Mary. That was something great and more factual, because God ahs no son, no daughter, no wife and no holy family.
An impostor can never be coherent. He did not show any incoherence, which was displayed by the biblical Jesus.
Muhammad never claimed to be God and always declared, "There is no other God besides God Almighty!"
We do not want you to accept Islam and you are not wanted in Islam. You are already hazardous to Christianity, so we want you to remain a Christian.
Muslims murder to silence those that reject Muhammad as a prophet from God.
Murdering people to silence them is proof that Muhammad is a false prophet.

Muslims are stuck being the evil in the world.
They are going to have to continue to murder people to keep them silence.

Muslims are busy all over the word doing just that murdering innocent peope every day.

Location hidden

#175065 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
Oh, and I've heard of the second coming. A do over for Jesus to correct his failings. A deus ex machina trying to bring the most pious of Jews into the Christian fold. The ones who truly understood what the prophecies were all about. The idea that was given to John by the angels in a dream.(Wait, where have I heard of revelation given by angels in dreams?)
Jews are a free people, they can believe what ever they want, so what is tour problem Eric?
Why don't you convert to being a Muslim, that way you can kill Christians and yell Allah Akbar.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#175066 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jews are a free people, they can believe what ever they want, so what is tour problem Eric?
Why don't you convert to being a Muslim, that way you can kill Christians and yell Allah Akbar.
What's the matter? Can't stand the heat? Don't want your posts challenged? You know that Jesus didn't fulfill all of the prophecies. You just don't want to admit it. Don't post if you have a thin skin.

Location hidden

#175067 May 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again hiding behind a "Link"?
What is wrong with you?
Why can't you be straightforward and say "I have no proofs, I only have belief" that God spoke to Abraham and Moses.
Did your book not ask to speak truth and simple truth?
The proof is that Muslims are murders pretending that their prophet is the one Moses prophesied in the Holy Bible.
Muslims use Moses for their own gain to murder people MUQ.
If Moses didn't talk to God then why do Muslims claim that Muhammad is that prophet prophesied by Moses?
You are playing a game with your self MUQ and you got caught with your own contradiction.

Location hidden

#175068 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter? Can't stand the heat? Don't want your posts challenged? You know that Jesus didn't fulfill all of the prophecies. You just don't want to admit it. Don't post if you have a thin skin.
Eric you are a dumb ass.
What need is there for a Jewish Messiah to come?
The Jews are a free people.
They are not in bondage.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#175069 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Eric you are a dumb ass.
What need is there for a Jewish Messiah to come?
The Jews are a free people.
They are not in bondage.
The Jews are encircled by enemies--everywhere. As Micah says:

And this shall be peace: when the Assyrian shall come into our land, and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight princes among men.
And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod with the keen-edged sword; and he shall deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our border.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many peoples, as dew from HaShem, as showers upon the grass, that are not looked for from man, nor awaited at the hands of the sons of men.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the nations, in the midst of many peoples, as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through, treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and there is none to deliver.
Let Thy hand be lifted up above Thine adversaries, and let all Thine enemies be cut off.
ilyes

Helsinki, Finland

#175070 May 6, 2013
Hammad wrote:
<quoted text>
I Advice you to read whole Quran to understand who Mohammad . You will not find any person explain for you as whole Quran Explain . I am sure when you read it you find all the answer in your mind .
accept my regard
you are right

Location hidden

#175071 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews are encircled by enemies--everywhere. As Micah says:
And this shall be peace: when the Assyrian shall come into our land, and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight princes among men.
And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod with the keen-edged sword; and he shall deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our border.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many peoples, as dew from HaShem, as showers upon the grass, that are not looked for from man, nor awaited at the hands of the sons of men.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the nations, in the midst of many peoples, as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through, treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and there is none to deliver.
Let Thy hand be lifted up above Thine adversaries, and let all Thine enemies be cut off.
Every one has enemies Eric.
The Jews are free to do what they want.
There is nothing stopping the Jews from building the third temple.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#175072 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims murder to silence those that reject Muhammad as a prophet from God.

Murdering people to silence them is proof that Muhammad is a false prophet.

Muslims are stuck being the evil in the world.

They are going to have to continue to murder people to keep them silence.

Muslims are busy all over the word doing just that murdering innocent peope every day.
Right now, Muslims are killing Muslims. So, you have nothing to worry.

All of above from you, is as ridiculous and absurd as Jesus being the son of God or God or the Father and so many other doctrinal Bull Shits.

If Muhammad had instructed us to murder, the first Christians would have been murdered as they stepped into Muslim lands. That did not happen, lying fool!

You call Muhammad a false prophet and yet you are still alive, kicking, vomiting and farting out Spirits. This already shows that we do not kill or murder others.

The main problem is that you have a false, absurd and ridiculous God. Period!
Eric

Roselle, IL

#175073 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Every one has enemies Eric.
And that's what the Messiah is for. That is why Jesus was not the Messiah.
bmz

Singapore

#175074 May 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, he was more stupid. There is no philosophical depth at all in the entire Quran. Any common sense 6th grader could just bark out laws and threats. That's all he basically did.
There is no philosophy in Qur'an. To know that there is only one LORD God Almighty, one does not need any philosophical depth.

Look at the New Testament and see what happened when the Greek and Roman philosophers had all sorts of absurd philosophies introduced into her books.

Even a 3rd Grader can make out all the absurdities in the NT and the shallow doctrines of the Church, Seeker.

That is why we keep on asking questions, which go unanswered.

What matters and what is more important is that the message should come from the messenger or the prophet, who was sent by God Almighty, not from Toms, Dicks and Harries centuries later.

bmz

Singapore

#175075 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Eric is already a Muslim, because he submits only to the LORD Almighty God of Abraham.

Did Jesus submit fully to the LORD Almighty or did not? Can you answer this simple question?

Don't talk about Muslims murdering. I have already confirmed that Muslims are killing Muslims.

Once again, the grandmother of all questions:

Did Jesus submit fully to the LORD Almighty or did not? Can you answer this simple question?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175076 May 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel can because he is a malfunctioning few million Rupees man.
rabbee: well i am sure, that it makes perfect sense. to his own, insane way of thinking. you can tell him, he is 51 cards short, of a full mental deck. and he will just, disagree with this in his own mental magic.
JOEL

Thane, India

#175078 May 6, 2013
Way to go, Joel. I'm so pleased with the discovery of the method that will pave the way for the fabrication of my pet project - the Vibrometer - a most unique and futuristic device in the whole of human history. I thank the archetypal being of the supramental consciousness-force that gave me the intuition with all the minute details some time ago while in a semi-trance state. Thou informest me, I execute.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175081 May 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was quoting from Psalm 22, which he believed predicted his suffer and crucifixion
<quoted text>
Post number 175021 is my explanation or my take on it.
<quoted text>
Matthew 26
26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying,“Take and eat; this is my body.”
27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying,“Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the[a] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
<quoted text>
Or, all has been fulfilled as was written in Psalms 22, which is why he quoted Psalms 22 when he said God why have you forsaken me. He thought he was fulfilling Psalms 22 which was why he said that.
You don't have to like the answers, but don't pretend they aren't even in the scriptures because they are. You can then call them corrupted, but don't ask people to show you where in the scriptures he said these things. If you will merely say the scriptures are corrupted, then don't ask anybody to quote from them. Does that make sense?
God does not approve of human sacrifice or cannibalism and the consumption of blood is expressly forbidden. Psalm 16:4 "...their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips" It's a sin to even speak the name of another god.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175082 May 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it looks like you decided to stop the broken English game. Good.
<quoted text>
"What ir where is IT?" what do you mean, where is IT? when your here in IT taking place. your here in TheStory, and don't even recognize yourself, for being here in IT.
<quoted text>
"That's an opinion." if it all actually comes from G-D, then it cannot be my opinion.
<quoted text>
"You have the right to do whatever you want." no i don't have the right, to do whatever i want. i spent 41 years, disproving that. only doing everything, G-D previously said i shall do. i did not get to do, whatever i wanted. my life story, has already been spoken to me by G-D. there is nothing i or this world, can do to change it.
<quoted text>
"And he must of taught you too, because now, strangely enough, you are using complete sentences. Good to see decided to stop playing games." i have already rejected hasatan's help, three times. so i do not, think so. and none of your mental magic, can change that.
<quoted text>
"Who says? You? A Guy who pretended he couldn't write complete sentences?" since i actually got it from G-D, it is not mine.
<quoted text>
"I say what I believe. Period. As far as any one from God, are you saying you are from God? Is that what you are asking me to believe? If so, just clearly state that. i can't promise you that I won't laugh, but it would be helpful if you just say exactly what you mean." i say not what i believe, but what i have been given to say. my belief in TheExistance of G-D, is not based on faith. it is based on actual experience, and conversations with G-D.
<quoted text>
"It's people retelling a story of what happened and it is never represented as anything else. That's why nobody ever attempted to call it the Gospel of Jesus, and instead all of them are the Gospel according to an apostles name. When people talk about something that happened, there will always be small deviations, but it's still plenty for me to get the idea." i have been accused by a fake name, of being jesus christ. even though that has never been my name, or TheOUR Name.
<quoted text>
"I never did. If you think I did, then give me the exact post number. Other than that, stop lying or trying to confuse things. It won't work." everytime you used the fake name jesus, in your replacement theory. you are, telling a lie. why should i relate, to any specific post? when everything you say about me, is a lie not supported by TheWritten Torah Scroll.
<quoted text>
"Actually, it seems as though you are the person lying now, because I wouldn't call anybody Jesus Christ." then why do you continue to use, that fake name for either Adam or adam? when it is still, bearing false wittness.
<quoted text>
"Yes, we shall see. Anything else?"
G-D has already, seen to this. and should it ever truly dawn upon you, you are going to feel really bad sheep sheepish.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175083 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
But did Jesus fulfill the ones that matter most. The ones that the author's of the New Testament couldn't fabricate?
Bring Peace: Micah 5:5; Isaiah 2:4
Return the Jews to Israel: Isaiah 43:5-6
Build the Third Temple: Ezekiel 37:26-28
Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel: Zechariah 14:9
And that doesn't broach the subject of whether Jesus actually fulfilled the prophecies you claim.
The only prophecies Jesus fulfilled are the ones about the modern day idol of Israel. He fulfilled absolutely no messianic prophecies. Christians count verses and take them out of context. The bottom line is the man is dead.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175084 May 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric is already a Muslim, because he submits only to the LORD Almighty God of Abraham.
According to your naive affermation whoever submits to Abraham's god is a Muslim. Though, reality is different. Shamma is Christian, you are a Muslim and Eric a Jewish.

Does the Islam and the entire Muslim community agree with your personal belief about who is Muslim?

1) Al Ilah is the ONE and ONLY God and that Muhammad is his messenger.

2) To pray 5 times a day

3) To pay zakat (charity)

4) To perform Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca) once in your lifetime, of you can afford it

5) Fasting during the month of Ramadan.

I see Eric can't be considered a Muslim by any chance.

Not to mention that Quran has always called Jews as such, and Muhammad had to deal with them.

Quran 9:29

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture -[fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Your Al Ilah said to Muhammad to ALSO fight those who were given the Scriptures (obvious reference to Jews and Christians) if the don't adopt the religion of truth,(Islam).

There is a clear distinction between Muslims and Jews in that verse. The religion of Muslims is Islam, so no, the Jews are not Muslims by any chance, otherwise why should they have to adopt the religion of truth and pay Jizyah willingly if they are Muslims?.

Yout contradicting not just your religion, but even Al Ilah's holy words.

Bad Muslim!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175085 May 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you are Adam. Adam Ant? LOL!!! NEXT!!!
rabbee: oh so you only think, blastphemy is funny according to your other g-ds? when i can assure you that G-D and i, WE are not amused. you think it is funny to disrespect, G-D and TheHisSon adam? and consider it as only, a source of humor and mockery to you here in This Story of The Whole Physical Creation again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... 8 hr Polaris 1
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) Thu Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
News Carl Sagan as prophet of neo-Pagan Atheism May 12 geezerjock 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 11 garnetten 502
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) May 8 Over and Done 27
More from around the web