Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
164,601 - 164,620 of 199,497 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you are not in any position, to call any one a braindead lunatic.
I think anybody is, except for the guy in the bed next to you in the mental ward. Isn't it time for your shot of Thorizine?
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee:
Do you mean rabies? You should have that checked out. If left untreated, it could drive you crazy and make you foam at the mouth. Is it already too late?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Using Islam to prove that God spoke to Abraham and Moses!!
You have TOTALLY Surrendered? I cannot believe my eyes.
You who do not tire calling our prophet as an imposter and a liar all the time, use his name as a PROOF to show that God did spoke to Abraham and Moses?
Either you have gone mad or speaking with two faces!!
Speaking with two faces is the hall mark of Satan and not a True believer, who are you?
PS:
I am really enjoying this discussion now!!
I feel your discomfort failing to Prove that God spoke to Abraham and Moses.
And it was the same when you "failed to prove" that Bible is from God, some times back on this very thread!!
Best way to catch you is asking you basic questions!!
Muhammad is an imposter.
Prove Muhammad is not an imposter pretending to be a prophet from the God Abraham, Jacob and Isaac MUQ and I will convert to Islam.
But if you fail to do so, you must promise me you will convert to Christianity of the Catholic Church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

@ MUQ
Correction:
Prove Muhammad is not an imposter pretending to be a prophet from the God of Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac MUQ and I will convert to Islam.
But if you fail to do so, you must promise me you will convert to Christianity of the Catholic Church.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Shamma wrote:
@ MUQ
Correction:
Prove Muhammad is not an imposter pretending to be a prophet from the God of Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac MUQ and I will convert to Islam.
Then WHY did you use that quotation from Deut. to PROVE that God spoke to Moses and Abraham?

First you acknowledge that you have No Proof for your claim, and then I will bring my proofs that our prophet was a True Prophet of God.

We have to go step by step and not jump here and there.

Before we reach to our prophet, we have to verify the claims of past prophets, should we not?

So the ball is still in your court.

Bring your proofs that God spoke to Abraham and Moses.

You have very easy times all these days , just criticizing our prophet fro left, from right, from top and from bottom....without realizing that you have NO PROOFS about your prophets!!

This is what usually happens to zealots like you.!!
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad is an imposter.
Prove Muhammad is not an imposter pretending to be a prophet from the God Abraham, Jacob and Isaac MUQ and I will convert to Islam.
Nobody can prove anything and it is pointless for anybody to say they can. That's why it's called faith or belief. If any of this could be proven, it would be called fact. Prove Jesus is God. You can't. All you can do is to explain why you believe he is and either people agree or they don't, and that's up to them. But it might be possible to prove someone is a fraud. The best proof that I see are certain verses in the Quran that seem to have the same exact misunderstandings of the sky and the cosmos that 7th century Bedouin Arabs had. Nobody can say for sure what God would or wouldn't do, but I doubt that God would misunderstand the cosmos in the same exact way that 7th century Bedouin Arabs did. These verses cause one to conclude that it was actually Muhammad creating them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then WHY did you use that quotation from Deut. to PROVE that God spoke to Moses and Abraham?
First you acknowledge that you have No Proof for your claim, and then I will bring my proofs that our prophet was a True Prophet of God.
We have to go step by step and not jump here and there.
Before we reach to our prophet, we have to verify the claims of past prophets, should we not?
So the ball is still in your court.
Bring your proofs that God spoke to Abraham and Moses.
You have very easy times all these days , just criticizing our prophet fro left, from right, from top and from bottom....without realizing that you have NO PROOFS about your prophets!!
This is what usually happens to zealots like you.!!
My answer MUQ is on this link.
http://answering-islam.org/Muhammad/index.htm...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

the infamous verses in the Qur'an where Muhammad was said to have been inspired by Satan concerning three of the idols worshipped by the Arabs, and was later said to be abrogated. Muhammad was said to have said one day to the Quraish, "Do you see Al Lat and Al Uzza, and Manat the third idol besides? They are the Sublime Birds, and their intercession is desirable indeed!" The famous traditionalist Tabari wrote,(Annals, vol I,3, p. 1192), "When the Quraish heard these verses, they were full with a great joy, and they prostrate themselves, Muslims and non Muslims." [I translate from French, please excuse my English] The two last sentences were abrogated after a while, because they were in contradiction with the unity of God, and were replaced by: "What? Shall you have male progeny and God female? This were indeed an unfair partition." (Maxime Rodinson, Qur'an, LIII, The Star, 19-20)

Further reading:

The Satanic Verses (the historical background, short)
Muhammad and the Satanic Verses
The historical data regarding the Satanic Verses (detailed, comprehensive)

The Satanic Verses and their implications for the Miracle of the Qur'an
Deuteronomy Deductions: Two Short, Sound, Simple Proofs that Muhammad Was a False Prophet

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

TEST A PROPHET

By Samuel Green

We must not choose to test God. Testing God is a great sin and there is a command against it in the Bible: Do not test the LORD your God (Deuteronomy 6:16, NIV). However, while we must not test God, God does command us to test prophets:

For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I (Jesus) have told you ahead of time.(Matthew 24:24-25, NIV)

Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.(1 Thessalonians 5:19-22, NIV)

Do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world (1 John 4:1, NIV).

For Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14, NIV).

We must test anyone who claims to be a prophet

Muhammad claims to be a prophet of God. Christians cannot reject his claim as impossible because Christians believe that God has sent prophets. But this does not mean that Christians must blindly accept that Muhammad is a prophet, that would be foolish and disobedient. Instead we are commanded to test prophets to determine whether they are from God. Muhammad may be a true prophet or he may be a false prophet. We must test him to see which he is. Are you prepared to test Muhammad as God has commanded?

How do we test a prophet? We test a prophet by examining his prophecy to see whether it is true. The prophecy of Muhammad is recorded in the Qur'an so we need to test what the Qur'an says to see whether Muhammad is a true prophet.

The Qur'an makes three claims as to why Muhammad is a true prophet. These claims are "testable". These claims are:

The Qur'an confirms the teaching of the Jewish and Christian scriptures.
The Qur'an makes clearer the teaching of the Jewish and Christian scriptures.
Muhammad is foretold in the Jewish and Christian scriptures.

The Jewish and Christian scriptures are the writings of the prophets and are contained in the Bible. These include the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel. For a comprehensive analysis of what the Qur'an says about the Bible follow the link at the end of this article.

For the rest of this article I wish to take seriously these claims and test them. I pray that you will not seek excuses to avoid this test but will rather obey God and seek the truth.

DOES THE QUR'AN CONFIRM THE BIBLE?

O ye unto whom the Scripture hath been given! Believe in what We have revealed,
confirming that which ye possess.(4:47 Pickthall)

In some ways the Qur'an does confirm the Bible. For instance the Bible teaches that there is only one God and that he is the creator of all things and that there is a day when God will judge all mankind. The Qur'an too teaches these ideas and so confirms the Bible. However at many other important points the Qur'an contradicts the teaching of the Bible and so does not confirm it at all. Here are a few brief examples:

Fighting for God

In the Gospel Jesus very clearly taught that Christians are not to fight for their religion. His apostles also taught the same:

(T)urn the other cheek ... love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.(Matthew 5:39, 44)

Put back your sword in its place ... for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.(Matthew 26:52)

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.(Ephesian 6:12)

But in the Qur'an it says that the Gospel taught that fighting for God (religion) is acceptable.

(T)hey fight in the way of God; they kill, and are killed; that is a promise binding upon God in the Torah, and the Gospel, and the Koran (Sura 9:111, Arberry).
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

BMZ, you at least appear to want to consider things, unlike the hostile, lying little child named Alex 123 who claims he used to be a priest.

So here is my general belief about all of this, but it's just my opinion, and that's all I can have is an opinion.

First of all, in my opinion, most Christians do not have an understanding of the underlying meanings. The scriptures are not to be read strictly by the actual words they say, you are supposed to read the deeper meaning that they point to. There's a saying, the sage points to the moon and all that the idiot sees is the finger. The finger is the actual words. Jesus said look for the narrow gate, and as far as I can tell, most Christians are looking for the wide gate, and Jesus will say, away from me for I do not know you. Just my opinion.

The story of Adam and Eve is symbolic. Original sin is actually one putting what they believe to be their own well being before the will of God. When they ate the symbolic fruit, they became concerned about themselves personally, and this is why they became embarrassed about being naked.

Many people think that they are doing the will of God, but what they are really doing is in their own self interest and for their reward. Even when someone gives his life, they do so because they think they will be rewarded for doing so, so they are still acting in what they believe to be their own self interest, they just don't realize it. It's next to impossible or maybe even impossible for anybody to do otherwise, even if they fool themselves into believing they are. Nobody can really sacrifice except God himself, because nobody can reward God for his sacrifice. So every single person is born with original sin or the instinct for self reward.

So their is nothing that can be done about this except for someone who actually can do nothing but the will of God giving up his life. Not for his reward for doing so, but simply because it is the will of God. Period.

As I mentioned before, if you are completely sinless, and can do nothing but the will of God, then God does things THROUGH you and you become a physical manifestation of God. I'm not saying anybody can do this even today. Only Jesus could. There is a concept that says things are done BY you, or TO you, and then there is the third part that says things are done THROUGH you, where God does them through you. But that can only be done when you have to will of your own and can only do the will of God with zero concern at all for your personal well being.

So Jesus was sinless and could only do the will of God and therefore he was a physical manifestation of God himself, since he could not do his own will. And God did his will THROUGH Jesus.

So their really is no cure for original sin as every human is born with their own will in mind rather than God's. So Jesus, who could only do the will of God with no expectations or need of personal reward, was willing to go so far to do the will of God that he even willingly gave up his own life, which is the ultimate sacrifice. But again, the key is the expectation of reward. He had none, he only gave it up simply because it was the will of God. People give up their lives, but there is always an expectation of personal reward for doing so, so it is still in their own self interest even if it appears that it is not.

So since we will never escape original sin and never be blameless, Jesus did the perfect will of God to save everybody who cannot be saved because they can't get rid of personal sin. And by losing his life, he gained his true life when he was resurrected. This is the symbolism for us.

Again, this is only my take on it, but there are many things in the Bible that I think point to this but people miss it because they are focusing on the actual words, rather than what they point to. The sage points to the moon and all the idiot sees is the finger.

It's just a possible explanation. I can prove nothing, nor would I ever even bother to try.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

What the Qur'an teaches about the Gospel is wrong. The Gospel clearly prohibits fighting for religion. The Qur'an does not confirm the Bible at this major point.

The Punishment for a Thief

In the Bible the punishment for stealing is that the thief must repay the property he stole plus an additional amount to compensate (Leviticus 6:1-5, Exodus 22:3-4). If the thief cannot repay then he is forced to work to repay his debt (Exodus 22:1). The maximum length of time that he can work is six years, then he must be released (Deuteronomy 15:12-14). This type of justice is property punishment for a property crime.

In the Qur'an however a thief is to have his hand cut off:

As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands.(Qur'an 5:38, Pickthall)

This type of punishment is a permanent lifelong physical punishment for a property crime. The Qur'an's teaching in no way confirms the Bible's teaching.

Remarrying the Same Woman

In the Torah, God commanded Moses that a man must not remarry his wife if after leaving him she has married another man. In fact God said it is detestable to do such a thing.

If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes of the LORD.(Deuteronomy 24:1-4)

However, the Qur'an allows a man to remarry his wife when after leaving him she has been married another man:

And if he hath divorced her (the third time), then she is not lawful unto him thereafter until she hath wedded another husband. Then if he (the other husband) divorce her it is no sin for both of them that they come together again.(Sura 2:230, Pickthall)

What the Qur'an allows the Bible teaches is disgusting, thus the Qur'an does not confirm the Bible.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

To Shamma

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/06/my_virginity_...

My virginity mistake

I took an abstinence pledge hoping it would ensure a strong marriage. Instead, it led to a quick divorce

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

The Death of Jesus

In the Bible Jesus clearly taught that he would die and be raised from the dead:

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.(Matthew 16:21)

Jesus also said that his death and resurrection was what the prophets before him had foretold:

He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms." Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.(Luke 24:45-47)

Jesus also explained the meaning of his death:

Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave-- just as the Son of Man (Jesus) did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.(Matthew 20:26-28)

However, when the Qur'an teaches about the death of Jesus on the cross it says that he never really died!

"We (the Jews) slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of God" - yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them.... and they slew him not of certainty - no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is All-mighty, All-wise.(Sura 4:156-157, Arberry)

Jesus taught that his death on the cross was to pay for our sins and that it was part of God's work that he came to perform. However in the Qur'an Jesus' death on the cross is no death at all. Thus the Qur'an does not confirm the Bible at this most important point.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

There are other concepts in the Bible that I believe point to what I am saying. For example, only one's who lose their life will ever have it. It means having their TRUE life in union with God, not this personal life that we all scramble around to maintain.
A Circular Argument

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
BUFORD,
I've told in the past to keep away from Rabbee.
He's evil, retarded, a liar, lacking in intelligence, uncultured, a fanatic, a satanist, deluded and possessed and please note that the adverse being possessing him is dangerous.
So, take care.
It'll be best if you ignore the brain-dead lunatic.
Stay safe.
Is there anything at all good about Rabbee? Does he eat his vegetables?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
To Shamma
http://www.salon.com/2013/05/06/my_virginity_...
My virginity mistake
I took an abstinence pledge hoping it would ensure a strong marriage. Instead, it led to a quick divorce
Wowwwwww...
EITHER think of..
stamps, lettuce, paper towels, anti biotics, oil change, send cards, milk..........
OR "work" with..
pilot, bar tender, costa rican gigolo...
lol
A Circular Argument

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Q. How do you know that Mohammad is a true prophet?

A. It says so in the Qur'an.

Q. How do you know that the Qur'an is true.

A. Mohammad said it is.

Q. Where did Mohammad say the Qur'an is true?

A. In the Qur'an.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

A Circular Argument wrote:
<quoted text>Is there anything at all good about Rabbee? Does he eat his vegetables?
I would prefer if he just starts eating his meds again so that he could have a coherent conversation. But I doubt that's ever going to happen. Speaking of vegetables, he can start eating his head first because he has the brain of a lima bean.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

A Circular Argument wrote:
<quoted text>Islam is Mohammadanism. Denounce him as a false prophet in Riyadh and see what happens, blind fool.
BJ failed to convince his own people and was branded a False Prophet/Messiah by his own people who punched his face, kicked his ass, spat on him, stripped him NAKED and stuck him on a pole to die.

Holy Prophet Muhammed convinced his own people and billions of people on planet earth that he IS a REAL Messenger, Prophet and SLAVE of God.

But BJ the FAILED Jewish messiah candidate has ended up as a PAGAN SATAN mangod to the ignorant gentiles who are certain to enter hell.

Get used to it little boy.
Alpha Centauri

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Meanwhile...
http://t.now.msn.com/mike-gravel-former-senat...

ETs are here and the White House knows it, says actual former senator

"The whole alien conspiracy thing? Turns out it's all true. Extraterrestrials have visited Earth. At least that what Mike Gravel says, and heís a former senator from Alaska, so he should know. And he knows a lot. Itís dangerous stuff. You may not even want to keep reading. "It goes right to the White House," Gravel revealed this week in Washington, where he was paid $20,000 by a UFO advocacy group to speak at the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure. But how could this information be squelched so effectively, and by whom? "What we're faced with here is, in areas of the media, and the government too, an effort to marginalize and ridicule people who have specific knowledge," said Gravel, who should be marginalized and ridiculed. Trust us. We're the media."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••