Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252948 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175055 May 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>because God ahs no son, no daughter, no wife and no holy family.
You're right and apparently God isn't capable of having a son whether he wants to or not.

"How could He have a son when He has no consort"

It doesn't say how could he CHOOSE to have a son when he has no consort. So apparently, there are things that God can't do.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175056 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>She was a dumb dumb.
She didn't know how to handle a man.
Her story is in rebellion of her own failings.
So she became a whore after her marriage failed.
You probably got a hard on reading that story wishing you could find someone like that.
I bet you could really satisfy her with your tongue.
Your mouth is probably drooling right now.
Do you agree with young Christians "marrying" Bi-BJ?
Why do they marry him?
Why do BOTH boys ANd girls marry this perverted BJ?
Surely this is another perversion linked to a buttnaked pagan satan on a phallus.
After any marriage you must take steps to have a family and hopefully children?
What do they do for honeymoon? use a cross phallus?
What happens when they move on and marry real humans?
Do they divorce BJ?
How sick can you people get?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175057 May 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered it based on my understanding of things. If you don't like it, that's not my problem. You saw my answer and that's my answer. It's not my fault that the answer I gave was one you never thought of. So just go ahead, repeat the same questions and my answer will be the same every time. And I'm not going to play a little kids game with you where you ask the same questions over and over and I repeat the same answer. If you don't like my answer, then ask somebody else. Period.
You have been asked 13 questions.
Answer them properly instead of being your usual slippery self.
If you can't answer them, atleast have the decency to admit that you have no answers.

Allow me to make it easy for you:

****Without giving me third party claims or comments from passers by, please can you give DIRECT answers.

Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels?:

1. "I am God in flesh"..........Yes/No?
2. "I am God!"..........Yes/No?
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God".....Yes/No?
4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No?
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o?
6. "I am THE Father"..........Yes/No?
7. "I am made of sin"..........Yes/No?
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity".....Yes/No?
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of gentiles"..........Yes/No ?
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........Yes/No?
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"...Yes/No?
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"......Yes/No?

Bonus point...
13. "Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"...Yes/No?

THANK YOU.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175058 May 6, 2013
osirica wrote:
This that I said:
"Yea and Jesus rejected his offer.
And as far as keeping commandments,
If we took your approach, every human on earth would be condemned. There is no such thing as a human that has kept all of god's commandments."
is not this
"Jesus is not perfect in the law"
Jesus rejected Satan's offer to bow down to him.
And as far as your other comment goes:
Jesus came for the sinners... you are right.
God comes for the righteous... you are right.
WHO are the sinners? EVERYONE. EVERY SINGLE person ever on Earth.
Who are the righteous? Those who confess their sin, who make no excuse for it, who acknowledge that they are incapable of buying their sins off, incapable of paying for their sins, and that ONLY THE MESSIAH has the ability to forgive sins, and ONLY GOD has the power to wash them away.
"The righetous"...
Any person that Jesus came to, who could not first confess they were a sinner, in the FIRST place, can never claim to be righteous in the sight of God.
THATS christianity
<quoted text>
I should have said Jesus came for the wicked, not sinners. You're right, we're all sinners. The NT and Jesus said the their God is kind to the unthankful and to the evil. I do believe Jesus came to finish Satans' work, that there is no penalty for sin and as long as we believe, we'll be forgiven and go to heaven. There's a little more to it than that. We have to repent-remorse, confession, restitution and most importantly change. That is the only way into heaven. Right now, it doesn't even matter what your faith is.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175059 May 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It says for the forgiveness of sins. Read it again. If you think that is corrupted, then fine, by why do people say this was never mentioned in the scriptures? As far as many, perhaps it means for those who accept his sacrifice and believe it. Jesus never said that nobody would be thrown into the fire like weeds during a harvest.
Did he3 die also for forgiveness of sins, so sins are also the cause. Then I am correct.

Did I say whether or not the scripture was corrupted? I am not bmz so don't tell me what I didn't say.

To claim it was corrupted we have to assume that there was scripture coming from god to someone who then wrote it down and later other people added, erased stuff on it. I don't know of any god who gave any scriptures so the problem to me doesn't arise.

From other viewpoints, biblical scholars agreed that the Gospel of John, to make an example, was revisited by many, after John, probably his disciples. This is due by different style in scriptures plus other things. Therefore what we have today it's not authentic. Furthermore there were at least two versions of Gospel of Matthew, one in hand of Ebionetes and the other in the hand of Christians. Who got that one right? One or no one?

So yes from the biblical scholar viewpoints they are corrupt. If the part of Jesus dying for many and forgiveness of sins was corrupted or not, is matter of speculations, or rather ideology. If you Christians you would deny it, if you are not Christians you would suspect or accuse of corruption.

I see you gave me your own interpretation of what the many means. Although I don't see why he has to pass through this for many and for forgiveness of sins? Yeshua was killed because some people didn't like what he said. That's the only reason he was killed. The rest is absurdity for believers.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175060 May 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right and apparently God isn't capable of having a son whether he wants to or not.
"How could He have a son when He has no consort"
It doesn't say how could he CHOOSE to have a son when he has no consort. So apparently, there are things that God can't do.
The logic displayed indicates that this god needs someone to have a son, he cannot create or make it one by his will.

Quite an earthly mindset. Animals, and neither all of them, need a consort to have offspring. Allah needs.

The omnipotent Allah isn't that omnipotent. Muhammad or Uthman put words in mouth to his god, showing the fraud.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175061 May 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If Muhammad were an impostor, he would have talked like the biblical Jesus did. But Muhammad did not.
He rejected and condemned Trinity and the son of God thingy. He introduced no doctrine of sin and never said anything absurd like those attributed to Jesus.
He called Jesus, the SON of Mary. That was something great and more factual, because God ahs no son, no daughter, no wife and no holy family.
An impostor can never be coherent. He did not show any incoherence, which was displayed by the biblical Jesus.
Muhammad never claimed to be God and always declared, "There is no other God besides God Almighty!"
We do not want you to accept Islam and you are not wanted in Islam. You are already hazardous to Christianity, so we want you to remain a Christian.
God must be pretty lonely, if she has no family but she does have a husband and adopted children. "Instead of your fathers shall be your children, whom you may make princes in all the earth". Both Michael and David are called princes in the latter days. A prince is a son of a king. Elijah, Gabrielle and Deborah are also Gods' children.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175062 May 6, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
BJ failed to convince his own people and was branded a False Prophet/Messiah by his own people who punched his face, kicked his ass, spat on him, stripped him NAKED and stuck him on a pole to die.
Holy Prophet Muhammed convinced his own people and billions of people on planet earth that he IS a REAL Messenger, Prophet and SLAVE of God.
But BJ the FAILED Jewish messiah candidate has ended up as a PAGAN SATAN mangod to the ignorant gentiles who are certain to enter hell.
Get used to it little boy.
Jesus is Lucifer, the son of Satan (Adam) and is his counterfeit messiah. He has come to finish Satans' work and has strengthened the wicked. In the eyes of God, Jesus is worse than Muhammed. Those who follow Jesus til the end will follow him into hell. He's been reincarnated and this time he's not going to heaven.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175064 May 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If Muhammad were an impostor, he would have talked like the biblical Jesus did. But Muhammad did not.
He rejected and condemned Trinity and the son of God thingy. He introduced no doctrine of sin and never said anything absurd like those attributed to Jesus.
He called Jesus, the SON of Mary. That was something great and more factual, because God ahs no son, no daughter, no wife and no holy family.
An impostor can never be coherent. He did not show any incoherence, which was displayed by the biblical Jesus.
Muhammad never claimed to be God and always declared, "There is no other God besides God Almighty!"
We do not want you to accept Islam and you are not wanted in Islam. You are already hazardous to Christianity, so we want you to remain a Christian.
Muslims murder to silence those that reject Muhammad as a prophet from God.
Murdering people to silence them is proof that Muhammad is a false prophet.

Muslims are stuck being the evil in the world.
They are going to have to continue to murder people to keep them silence.

Muslims are busy all over the word doing just that murdering innocent peope every day.

Location hidden

#175065 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
Oh, and I've heard of the second coming. A do over for Jesus to correct his failings. A deus ex machina trying to bring the most pious of Jews into the Christian fold. The ones who truly understood what the prophecies were all about. The idea that was given to John by the angels in a dream.(Wait, where have I heard of revelation given by angels in dreams?)
Jews are a free people, they can believe what ever they want, so what is tour problem Eric?
Why don't you convert to being a Muslim, that way you can kill Christians and yell Allah Akbar.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#175066 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jews are a free people, they can believe what ever they want, so what is tour problem Eric?
Why don't you convert to being a Muslim, that way you can kill Christians and yell Allah Akbar.
What's the matter? Can't stand the heat? Don't want your posts challenged? You know that Jesus didn't fulfill all of the prophecies. You just don't want to admit it. Don't post if you have a thin skin.

Location hidden

#175067 May 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again hiding behind a "Link"?
What is wrong with you?
Why can't you be straightforward and say "I have no proofs, I only have belief" that God spoke to Abraham and Moses.
Did your book not ask to speak truth and simple truth?
The proof is that Muslims are murders pretending that their prophet is the one Moses prophesied in the Holy Bible.
Muslims use Moses for their own gain to murder people MUQ.
If Moses didn't talk to God then why do Muslims claim that Muhammad is that prophet prophesied by Moses?
You are playing a game with your self MUQ and you got caught with your own contradiction.

Location hidden

#175068 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter? Can't stand the heat? Don't want your posts challenged? You know that Jesus didn't fulfill all of the prophecies. You just don't want to admit it. Don't post if you have a thin skin.
Eric you are a dumb ass.
What need is there for a Jewish Messiah to come?
The Jews are a free people.
They are not in bondage.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#175069 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Eric you are a dumb ass.
What need is there for a Jewish Messiah to come?
The Jews are a free people.
They are not in bondage.
The Jews are encircled by enemies--everywhere. As Micah says:

And this shall be peace: when the Assyrian shall come into our land, and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight princes among men.
And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod with the keen-edged sword; and he shall deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our border.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many peoples, as dew from HaShem, as showers upon the grass, that are not looked for from man, nor awaited at the hands of the sons of men.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the nations, in the midst of many peoples, as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through, treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and there is none to deliver.
Let Thy hand be lifted up above Thine adversaries, and let all Thine enemies be cut off.
ilyes

Helsinki, Finland

#175070 May 6, 2013
Hammad wrote:
<quoted text>
I Advice you to read whole Quran to understand who Mohammad . You will not find any person explain for you as whole Quran Explain . I am sure when you read it you find all the answer in your mind .
accept my regard
you are right

Location hidden

#175071 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews are encircled by enemies--everywhere. As Micah says:
And this shall be peace: when the Assyrian shall come into our land, and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight princes among men.
And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod with the keen-edged sword; and he shall deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our border.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many peoples, as dew from HaShem, as showers upon the grass, that are not looked for from man, nor awaited at the hands of the sons of men.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the nations, in the midst of many peoples, as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through, treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and there is none to deliver.
Let Thy hand be lifted up above Thine adversaries, and let all Thine enemies be cut off.
Every one has enemies Eric.
The Jews are free to do what they want.
There is nothing stopping the Jews from building the third temple.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#175072 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims murder to silence those that reject Muhammad as a prophet from God.

Murdering people to silence them is proof that Muhammad is a false prophet.

Muslims are stuck being the evil in the world.

They are going to have to continue to murder people to keep them silence.

Muslims are busy all over the word doing just that murdering innocent peope every day.
Right now, Muslims are killing Muslims. So, you have nothing to worry.

All of above from you, is as ridiculous and absurd as Jesus being the son of God or God or the Father and so many other doctrinal Bull Shits.

If Muhammad had instructed us to murder, the first Christians would have been murdered as they stepped into Muslim lands. That did not happen, lying fool!

You call Muhammad a false prophet and yet you are still alive, kicking, vomiting and farting out Spirits. This already shows that we do not kill or murder others.

The main problem is that you have a false, absurd and ridiculous God. Period!
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#175073 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Every one has enemies Eric.
And that's what the Messiah is for. That is why Jesus was not the Messiah.
bmz

Singapore

#175074 May 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, he was more stupid. There is no philosophical depth at all in the entire Quran. Any common sense 6th grader could just bark out laws and threats. That's all he basically did.
There is no philosophy in Qur'an. To know that there is only one LORD God Almighty, one does not need any philosophical depth.

Look at the New Testament and see what happened when the Greek and Roman philosophers had all sorts of absurd philosophies introduced into her books.

Even a 3rd Grader can make out all the absurdities in the NT and the shallow doctrines of the Church, Seeker.

That is why we keep on asking questions, which go unanswered.

What matters and what is more important is that the message should come from the messenger or the prophet, who was sent by God Almighty, not from Toms, Dicks and Harries centuries later.

bmz

Singapore

#175075 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Eric is already a Muslim, because he submits only to the LORD Almighty God of Abraham.

Did Jesus submit fully to the LORD Almighty or did not? Can you answer this simple question?

Don't talk about Muslims murdering. I have already confirmed that Muslims are killing Muslims.

Once again, the grandmother of all questions:

Did Jesus submit fully to the LORD Almighty or did not? Can you answer this simple question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 47 min NightSerf 4,491
Astrology and Paganism 7 hr Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Tue Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
More from around the web