Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253469 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174788 May 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I know who Jesus is and his new name is Bill. Jesus said he will write upon his followers his new name. If Jesus was not reincarnated he would not have a new name. Adam has also been reincarnated and is the father of the Messiah. He was previously the son of God, in this life he's the father of God. He's the only one who could genetically bring God into the world. Also, Elijah, Gabriel, Michael, David and Deborah have all been reincarnated and have a role to play in the end times.
In the text below, did the people lose their IDENTITY because of IDOLATRY?

"And the children of Dan set up the GRAVEN IMAGE: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan UNTIL the day of the CAPTIVITY of the land."Judges 18:30

Did Israel have a tribe called DAN?

Was Dan no longer a part of Israel because of IDOLATRY?

I look on with interest to see how much longer will the Jewish people sit and take the BS of LYING self-serving rabbis.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174789 May 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1.When did Judaism come into existence?
2. When did the Jewish people come into existence?
3. Who was the first Jew?
4. When did the RELIGION called JEW come into existence?
Judaism as a religion came into existence with Adam and Eve, the creator God. She started her cult later on with Abraham. You need to differentiate between those who are Jews racially or religiously. We keep rehashing the same issues. Judaism as a religion existed before there were ethnic Jews, calling themselves Jews. The first Jew was Judah, where the term Jew comes from.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174790 May 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you happen to have a copy of any known covenant that God is alleged to have made with Jesus?
Have not seen one. Have you got anything? 
rabbee: shure i have one - "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them. G-D blessed Them, and G-D said to Them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

even if you all cannot accept, who it really is you are all actually talking about. and no! Their Name isn't, jesus christ according to G-D. this world has never, accepted this story they are in from G-D.

and we have no peace on earth today, because this whole world has never made peace with G-D or even TheHisSon adam. because you all, offered your grandmother to the same old devil again. thats what all your antiG-D lies are worth, is more continious hell and death.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#174791 May 4, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that this savage being El or Allah (who is an asura) doesn't exist?
Lack of any evidence of the existence of El/Allah.

Knowledge displayed by El/Allah is the same of the people of that time, carrying out the same mistakes and the same savage mentality.

Once people converted into another religion, and therefore into another god, they disappear from the scene. God exists as much as you put him in your mind.

It is said El/Allah is omniscient and powerful but it can be easily proven it's false by taking the scriptures where we can find their gestures, and sayings.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174792 May 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In the text below, did the people lose their IDENTITY because of IDOLATRY?
"And the children of Dan set up the GRAVEN IMAGE: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan UNTIL the day of the CAPTIVITY of the land."Judges 18:30
Did Israel have a tribe called DAN?
Was Dan no longer a part of Israel because of IDOLATRY?
I look on with interest to see how much longer will the Jewish people sit and take the BS of LYING self-serving rabbis.
The 10 tribed northern kingdom lost their identity due to idolatry and Dan was a part of that kingdom. Israel went into Assyrian captivity because of this and never returned. We (USA) don't know who we are because of idolatry and not observing the Sabbath. We are joined to idols to this day.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174793 May 4, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowledge displayed by El/Allah is the same of the people of that time, carrying out the same mistakes and the same savage mentality.
Once people converted into another religion, and therefore into another god, they disappear from the scene. God exists as much as you put him in your mind.
It is said El/Allah is omniscient and powerful but it can be easily proven it's false by taking the scriptures where we can find their gestures, and sayings.
rabbee: and as long as G-D, is really pissed at all of you and your grandmother. it is not likly, THEY are going to come and see any of you to evidence.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174794 May 4, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

What kind of evidence are you seeking?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174795 May 4, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

The shortcomings of the demonic being El/Allah are due to its limitations what with it being confined to the vital plane but in the occult field it did imbue its devoted followers with enhanced vital powers that could affect matter and its processes.

As for its savagery, well, the savagery is because El/Allah is an asura - a demonic being - and so savagery is only to be expected from such a being.

Location hidden

#174796 May 4, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of evidence are you seeking?
I'm not seeking any evidence, why would I?

None in particular. Any sort of evidence that prove the existence of this or that god

Location hidden

#174797 May 4, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The shortcomings of the demonic being El/Allah are due to its limitations what with it being confined to the vital plane but in the occult field it did imbue its devoted followers with enhanced vital powers that could affect matter and its processes.
You know I'm not bothered with hearsay.
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>As for its savagery, well, the savagery is because El/Allah is an asura - a demonic being - and so savagery is only to be expected from such a being.
Even a man can displays savagery without being an asura.

By the way it's kind of ironic your posts against El/Allah considering your name. Joel means the lord is El (god).

Your name is a sign of submission to El
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174798 May 4, 2013
(smiles grins).
uhuh

Ceuti, Spain

#174799 May 4, 2013
Jesus said in Matt 23:34 that Jews had crucified (yes, CRUCIFIED) many prophets before him
osirica wrote:
Jews did not kill each prophet for the same reason.
what were those different reasons?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174800 May 4, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

While the occasional fit of bad temper is ok, savagery, and that too of the habitual kind, is always the sign of the asura whether in its own dimension or when acting through a possessed human being or animal. Anyway.
uhuh

Ceuti, Spain

#174801 May 4, 2013
"ego eimi" is not the Greek translation of the name "YHVH"
osirica wrote:
Actually it is.
if it is, the Septuagint would've substituted all occurences of the Tetragram with "ego eimi"

"I am that I am, thus shall you say to bnei Israel: I AM has sent me to you"
Septuagint, "Ego eimi ho on, thus shall you say to bnei Israel: HO ON has sent me to you"

"HO ON has sent me to you"
not "EGO EIMI has sent me to you"
uhuh

Ceuti, Spain

#174802 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
And this is stupid..
There were "unbelievers" among the Israelites? Really?
Jews did not have a problem with atheistic or polytheistic infection in that period.
Quran 5:78 "those who disbelieved" were Jews who did not believe that Jesus was sent to them by God
uhuh

Ceuti, Spain

#174804 May 4, 2013
osirica wrote:
And really, relying on the Quran to give an excuse when it's clear we are discussing that the Quran has the facts wrong, that's really bright.

John 8:58 "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am! At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.
John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, "For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."
...<snip drivel>...
you rely on wiki, don't you? well this also from wiki,
"According to most modern scholars, John was not the author of Gospel of John.
The majority of NT scholars do not believe that John or one of the Apostles wrote it."

from the opening chapter, the impostor(s) "John"s agenda/propaganda was to promote Jesus as God
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174805 May 4, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I'm not bothered with hearsay.
<quoted text>
By the way it's kind of ironic your posts against El/Allah considering your name. Joel means the lord is El (god).
Your name is a sign of submission to El
What's in a name? Does the person take on the attributes of the name or is the name given because of the way the person is? God has a lot of names that describe some aspect of her personality or character and the names were given after the fact.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174806 May 4, 2013
uhuh wrote:
"ego eimi" is not the Greek translation of the name "YHVH"
<quoted text>
if it is, the Septuagint would've substituted all occurences of the Tetragram with "ego eimi"
"I am that I am, thus shall you say to bnei Israel: I AM has sent me to you"
Septuagint, "Ego eimi ho on, thus shall you say to bnei Israel: HO ON has sent me to you"
"HO ON has sent me to you"
not "EGO EIMI has sent me to you"
rabbee: if you do not know what it means, you can't translate it. leaving you with another only option, to transliterate it. and it is also impossible, to transliterate the tetragrammen into greek. since greek did not have, the correct phonetic sounds to completely do so. the last available option, is to use the origional eevreet consonants.

&#923;&#973;&#964; &#961;&#969;&#963; &#951; &#949;&#943;&#957; &#945;&#953; &#913;&#965;&#964; &#972;&#962; &#954;&#945;&#953; &#945;&#965;&#964; &#942;
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174807 May 4, 2013
i guess topix doesn't do, greek translations either.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174809 May 4, 2013
A name is a vibration that's denoted by its meaning/attribute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Thinking 4,656
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web