Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
164,141 - 164,160 of 201,018 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Really?

3500 years ago the concept of self was that psychologically clear to the Hebrews back then?

Just like the concept of the universe starting with a flash of light... yea they had a hubble space telescope, just forgot to explain that in Genesis right?

God's name identifies what God is. The best analogy is like saying "there is one equation to explain everything in the universe". There is one frequency in which all other frequencies are derived.

There is one consciousness for which all creation has been manifested from.

You're CONSCIOUS aren't you? You're AWARE of yourself... ARENT YOU?

Where do you think that's possible? electrons and molecules zipping past each other? Give me a break! That's simply explaining the ability for you to move around and physically feel things. Not self consciousness and self awareness.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof or argument is sufficient for some one who "does not want to believe"!!
I AM WHO I AM.....is THAT a proof? proof of What?
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is a lot of scripture that supports this view, RK but I could probably write a book on the subject. God is called he, him, father, son, man and husband which does not always mean male. God is also called she, her, mother, daughter, woman and wife which is always female. Women are also men (mankind) but men are not women. God is both, so God must be female. I would suggest you read the Hebrew bible. In English, the OKJV is preferable.:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G ender_of_God

The gender of God can be viewed as a literal or as an allegorical aspect of a deity. In polytheistic religions, the gods are more likely to have literal sexual genders which would enable them to interact with each other, and even with humans, in a sexual way. In most monotheistic religions, there is no comparable being for God to relate to in a literal gender-based way, so the gender of this one-and-only deity is most likely to be an analogical statement of how humans and God address, and relate to, each other, with no sexual connotations. Although God is an intangible spirit in many religions and therefore has no gender, debate over his or her "actual" sex nevertheless has passionately raged in recent decades. The preponderance of references to God in both the Old and New Testaments are in the context of a masculine reference, often "father." However, there are a significant number of feminine allegorical references to the Judaeo-Christian god, most often in some maternal role.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

2:65 And ye know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, how We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated!
2:66 And We made it an example to their own and to succeeding generations, and an admonition to the God-fearing.

2:72 And (remember) when ye slew a man and disagreed concerning it and Allah brought forth that which ye were hiding.
2:73 And We said: Smite him with some of it. Thus Allah bringeth the dead to life and showeth you His portents so that ye may understand.

2:219 They question thee about strong drink and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin, and (some) utility for men; but the sin of them is greater than their usefulness. And they ask thee what they ought to spend. Say: that which is superfluous. Thus Allah maketh plain to you (His) revelations, that haply ye may reflect.

6:115 Perfected is the Word of thy Lord in truth and justice. There is naught that can change His words. He is the Hearer, the Knower.

2:106
Nothing of our revelation (even a single verse) do we abrogate or cause be forgotten, but we bring (in place) one better or the like thereof.
16:101
And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation,- and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth - they say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not.

Yes we know...we know... you "already discussed this"
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'aan has no such absurdities.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

the truth is, God is not in a black cube in Mecca, and we should not pray in that direction, that is idolatry.

the truth is, Muhammad did not correct any mistakes in the Bible.

the truth is, there is no such thing as "making Jesus appear" to be crucified. If he wasn't then he would have made himself be known.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that Jesus was neither the son of God nor God. Period!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

You got it backward.

Yahweh simply states his name. In those days names meant something and has power. It was meaningful.

The TITLE "Allah, Elohim" is not "name".

So no, it was not a formality, it was clearly the way to IDENTIFY him.

NO way they went around, with all the idolatry saying,

Oh here's a god named Anubis, and Osiris, and here's another named Zeus and Odin, oh and here's another god named god.

General named General
Human named Human

Come on man. God's name wasn't God. Even in English the word 'g o d' is a borrowing from some german false diety named 'gott'... just like "el" and "allah" names that came from some champion god of some mythical pantheon... why?

Because Jews made it clear that it was not right to utter his name. That was a mistake.

So we call God by titles borrowed from other false god names.. names that ended up being used to describe the concept OF a god.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a funny god who is bothered about a darn name!!
There is only ONE god.
The name is only a formality.
Get used to it.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

The use of the pronoun I by the being says it all.

I - limitation, individualization, megalomania, narcissism, egoism and with foul deeds to match.

Just read the Tanakh to see how full it is with evil and abnormal teachings.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

osirica wrote:
There is one consciousness for which all creation has been manifested from.

<quoted text>
That is the ancient Vedantic idea based on advaita/monism with the aim being self-realization.

Judaism and other Baal worshipping cults are dualistic and are based on the adverse vital consciousness and as known the vital is a lowly range in the hierarchy of the manifestation.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text> Lord Voldemort, "He who must not be named," in the Harry Potter saga. Voldemort is the evil wizard, but actually quite stupid about many things. IOW, I was MOCKING your claim that God's name can't or should not be uttered.
Why not?
It's along the same lines as looking on the face of God and only certain people were allowed to be that intimate with God. There's always a risk you will take Gods name in vain. It's hard to ascribe to it the honor and awe it deserves.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

I AM WHO I AM:

The use of the pronoun I by the asura being says it all.

I personifies limitation, individualization, megalomania, narcissism, egoism and with foul deeds to match.

Just read the Tanakh to see how full it is with evil and abnormal teachings.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/pagan-wic...

HughBe wrote:

"I take it that all others who speak of the new world order with features that I have described are talking about something different from what you have in mind."

JOEL PASTAKIA answered:

"Yes. They have absolutely no clue about the coming Supramental Age and what it’ll be like.

My Master has explained the details to me very precisely and I have had a few visions of the coming Great Age….."

"I - limitation, individualization, megalomania, narcissism, egoism and with foul deeds to match."

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_of_God
The gender of God can be viewed as a literal or as an allegorical aspect of a deity. In polytheistic religions, the gods are more likely to have literal sexual genders which would enable them to interact with each other, and even with humans, in a sexual way. In most monotheistic religions, there is no comparable being for God to relate to in a literal gender-based way, so the gender of this one-and-only deity is most likely to be an analogical statement of how humans and God address, and relate to, each other, with no sexual connotations. Although God is an intangible spirit in many religions and therefore has no gender, debate over his or her "actual" sex nevertheless has passionately raged in recent decades. The preponderance of references to God in both the Old and New Testaments are in the context of a masculine reference, often "father." However, there are a significant number of feminine allegorical references to the Judaeo-Christian god, most often in some maternal role.
Correct, RK and it's been being debated for about 3 decades now. The Messiah reignited the New Age movement who expected the NWO to begin in the late Eighties.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It's along the same lines as looking on the face of God and only certain people were allowed to be that intimate with God. There's always a risk you will take Gods name in vain. It's hard to ascribe to it the honor and awe it deserves.
Taking God's name in vain, eh? What immediately comes to mind is Mohammad equating his will with Allah's, and the attendant eternal punishments that he threatened for those who refused to submit to HIM.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Liar!
Your pants are on fire.
Sins are only forgiven by obeying Muhammad.
http://muslimconverts.com/shahadah/converting...
What does the Christian doctrine say, was Jesus just nailed to the cross or did they tie his hands and legs to it as well? I asking this because I was listening to a lecture by this atheist scholar, and he said had Jesus only been nailed, he would have fallen off within 3 minutes.
Chosen By Allah

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Rewards for Justice-main - english
www.rewardsforjustice.net/
The Rewards for Justice program is one of the U.S. government's most valuable assets in the fight against international terrorism.Rewards for Justice - english.
Wanted for Terrorism
Seeking Information Against International ...
Hafiz Mohammad ...
Information leading to the arrest or conviction of ...
Rewards Paid
The Rewards for Justice program has paid more ...
Program
The Rewards for Justice program continues to be ...
More results from rewardsforjustice.net »
Rewards for Justice Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rewards_for_Jus...
The Rewards for Justice Program (RFJ) is the counterterrorism rewards program of the U.S. Department of State's Diplomatic Security Service (DSS).
Rewards for Justice Program - US Department of State
www.state.gov ›...› Fighting Terrorism
The Rewards for Justice Program is one of the most valuable assets the U.S. Government has in the fight against international terrorism. Established by the 1984 ...
Justice Points - Currency - World of Warcraft - Wowhead
www.wowhead.com/currency=395/justice-points
Reward, Limit. Random normal dungeon, Cataclysm Heroic, and HoT Heroic, 0 Justice Points first run 0 Justice Points subsequent runs, 7 per week. Heroic boss ...
Resolve - Rewards for Justice Legislation (H.R. 4077/ S. 2318)
theresolve.org/pages/rewards-for-justice-legi...
Two bipartisan bills were introduced in early 2012 proposing the expansion of the State Department's existing Rewards For Justice program to offer rewards for ...
President Obama Signs Rewards for Justice Bill into Law | Enough
www.enoughproject.org/.../president-obama-sig... ...
Jan 16, 2013 – President Obama signed legislation into law yesterday that will expand the scope of the Rewards for Justice Program. On hand at the Oval ...
FBI — Rewards for Justice Program Offers $5 Million for al Shabaab ...
www.fbi.gov › News › News Blog
A reward of up to $5 million each for information leading to the apprehension or conviction of American citizens Omar Shafik Hammami and Jehad Serwan ...
Searches related to rewards justice
rewards justice usama bin ladin
mullah omar reward
j
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Christian doctrine say, was Jesus just nailed to the cross or did they tie his hands and legs to it as well? I asking this because I was listening to a lecture by this atheist scholar, and he said had Jesus only been nailed, he would have fallen off within 3 minutes.
Not if he were nailed through his wrists.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, RK and it's been being debated for about 3 decades now. The Messiah reignited the New Age movement who expected the NWO to begin in the late Eighties.
And the Seventh Day Adventists have also gotten it wrong, repeatedly, not to mention the Lubavitchers.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>And the Seventh Day Adventists have also gotten it wrong, repeatedly, not to mention the Lubavitchers.
I hadn't heard anything about Lubavitch. What did they say?
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I hadn't heard anything about Lubavitch. What did they say?
Rabbi Schneerson might have been, could have been, the Messiah, in some quarters, but then he died!

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabad_messianis...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Not if he were nailed through his wrists.
He was nailed thru his wrists, that's the proper method of crucifixion. It's also one thing that proves Psalm 22 wasn't fulfilled. Verse 16 says "they pierced my hands and my feet" and there's a lot more that wasn't fulfilled. The Messiah was actually supposed to survive this for at least 40 years, verse 30, a "generation". That's why Jesus said the end would come during the generation of those he spoke to.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Rabbi Schneerson might have been, could have been, the Messiah, in some quarters, but then he died!
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabad_messianis...
I heard about Schneerson, and I think there's still people who believe in him. The Jews don't get it, they were supposed to reject their Messiah, that's why they'll be exiled again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••