Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254914 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#174327 Apr 30, 2013
"There are different types of worship --proskynesis (venerate/bow down) and latreia (adore/serve). I proskyneo one God, but I latreuo three Persons." - John Damascene

"Next to God, we worship the Logos who became man for our sake." - Justin Martyr

"There is one God, though we believe in three Persons." - Gregory Nazianzen

"The Greeks profess too many gods, the Hebrews only one God. We reject each of these religions because we believe in a Father and a Son." - Marius Victorinus
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#174328 Apr 30, 2013
is Jesus the Gate to the sheep pen (John 10:7), the Shepherd (10:11) or the Sheep/Lamb itself?

christians make up your mind
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174329 Apr 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's a new one. I've never heard that one before. So Mary and Jesus hated each other. Adam is not the son of Mary or Eve, it's the other way around, Eve was Adams' daughter. It's actually very simple but you're making it very complicated. The righteous are righteous because of their actions not because of their faith and we will all be judged by our actions.
That's a new one. I've never heard that one before. Ever.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174330 Apr 30, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Worry not my friend, you and I are destined for hellfire.
Dammit, I was shooting for Purgatory!
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174331 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your own choice, why you blame destiny for it? Who is stopping you from accepting the truth?
It is your own "haughtiness" that is prompting you to say these things.
Hmmm...Jews believe in the One God, but they reject Mohammad as a false prophet, so they're going to Islamic hell when they die, right? I mean, tell the truth. Islam is ALL about submitting to Mohammad, isn't it.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#174332 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a proof or a circular argument? Moses says God talked to him and we must believe it?
Is that what you call as proof?
We are living in the world which God created as mentioned in Genesis, Is that what you call as proof?
Do you not understand what is proof?
You ignored the rest of the post.
Moses testimony includes God inter acting with man on earth.
With out the testimony of Moses we would not have had an actual history of God inter acting with man.

There are thousands and thousands of ancient writings about God prior to Moses, but noon of them revealed a Covenant made by God with man as Moses reveals Gods Covenants to us.

With out God walking and talking to Moses the history of God inter acting with man would not be known.

Moses testimony is proof that God had a living relationship with Moses.
JOEL

India

#174333 Apr 30, 2013
Buford the rabid carnivore is on a rampage. Is it a full moon night? Oh he's so crude, meniall, polemical and an incorrigible fanatic. Nothing he says makes sense. He'd better marry Susie the Israeli freak but ooops he's gay.

(smiles).
JOEL

India

#174334 Apr 30, 2013
You mean Moses the sorcerer communed with a demonic being - his G-d. LOL. Moses was such an evil man.

Location hidden

#174335 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-103
And the soldiers came before him, bowing down in mockery, saluting him as King of the Jews. And they held out their hands to receive gifts, such as new kings are accustomed to give; and receiving nothing they smote Judas, saying:'Now, how are you crowned, foolish king, if you will not pay your soldiers and servants?'*The chief priests with the scribes and Pharisees, seeing that Judas died not by the scourges, and fearing lest Pilate should set him at liberty, made a gift of money to the governor, who having received it gave Judas to the scribes and Pharisees as guilty to death. Whereupon they condemned two robbers with him to the death of the cross.
So they led him to Mount Calvary, where they used to hang malefactors, and there they crucified him naked;, for the greater ignominy.*Judas truly did nothing else but cry out:'God, why have you forsaken me, seeing the malefactor has escaped and I die unjustly?'*Truly I say that the voice, the face, and the person of Judas were so like to Jesus, that his disciples and believers entirely believed that he was Jesus; wherefore some departed from the doctrine of Jesus, believing that Jesus had been a false prophet, and that by art magic he had done the miracles which he did: for Jesus had said that he should not die till near the end of the world; for that at that time he should be taken away from the world.
But they that stood firm in the doctrine of Jesus were so encompassed with sorrow, seeing him die who was entirely like to Jesus, that they remembered not what Jesus had said. And so in company with the mother of Jesus they went to Mount Calvary, and were not only present at the death of Judas, weeping continually, but by means of Nicodemus and Joseph of Abarimathia; they obtained from the governor the body of Judas to bury it. Whereupon, they took him down from the cross with such weeping as assuredly no one would believe, and buried him in the new sepulcher of Joseph; having wrapped him up in an hundred pounds of precious ointments.
Note: This whole episode shows really what happened and what is the riddle of this Crucifixion. The riddle of Missing Judas Iscariot is explained clearly, which is so evident from the writings of Matthew and Luke. This might be the reason why this Gospel was banned in the first place- MUQ
(Unabridged)
So Allah condoned the murder of the innocent Judas and saved his lying prophet Jesus Christ According to the Muslims.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174336 Apr 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Elijah the prophet also brought a child back to life. Fitting in this life he's a child psychiatrist.
rabbee: names, dates, addresses, phone numbers, credible wittnesses, credible sources, news articles etc. and the name and current address of the alleged resurrected person.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#174337 May 1, 2013
Real Quran was stolen and burned. This is no real book.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#174338 May 1, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is about the Messiah who is God in the flesh and it talks about her arrival from the beginning. Genesis 3:15. Unfortunately, you are apostate to your own religion.
That is nonsense and absurd, Susan. What weird religion do you follow?
bmz

Singapore

#174339 May 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
But what can be said about Jesus Christ appearing to his followers after his death?
I have left out all the junk and stuff in your post.

What can be said is this:

He was never dead, came out of hiding, moved in disguise and kept far away from public and officials in Jerusalem.

He did not appear. He went to see them.
bmz

Singapore

#174340 May 1, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm...Jews believe in the One God, but they reject Mohammad as a false prophet, so they're going to Islamic hell when they die, right? I mean, tell the truth. Islam is ALL about submitting to Mohammad, isn't it.
No, the is not right. Either you have been misinformed or you are not well read.

Islam is ALL about submitting to God, no man.

A question: Did Jesus submit to God or did he rebel against God?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174341 May 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL - Rolling on the Floor laughing.
Susie,
Tell me where and what is Heaven?
I'm putting this question to you since I read your post on the aim of life and going to Heaven on the Messianic thread.
I already answered the question on heaven and hell but don't know where. Look for it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174342 May 1, 2013
uhuh wrote:
"There are different types of worship --proskynesis (venerate/bow down) and latreia (adore/serve). I proskyneo one God, but I latreuo three Persons." - John Damascene
"Next to God, we worship the Logos who became man for our sake." - Justin Martyr
"There is one God, though we believe in three Persons." - Gregory Nazianzen
"The Greeks profess too many gods, the Hebrews only one God. We reject each of these religions because we believe in a Father and a Son." - Marius Victorinus
Well, I'm glad a Christian finally admitted it ! Christianity is not monotheistic, they actually believe in three gods if you include the holy ghost. This proves Jesus is not the God of the OT. "Hear o Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one"

Location hidden

#174343 May 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have left out all the junk and stuff in your post.
What can be said is this:
He was never dead, came out of hiding, moved in disguise and kept far away from public and officials in Jerusalem.
He did not appear. He went to see them.
The problem with your story is; That the Apostles saw Jesus after the resurrection of Jesus, and were instructed by Jesus to preach the Gospels to all nations.
&#9668; Matthew 28:19 &#9658;
New International Version (©2011)
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

By instructions from Jesus the Christian Church was formed.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174344 May 1, 2013
uhuh wrote:
is Jesus the Gate to the sheep pen (John 10:7), the Shepherd (10:11) or the Sheep/Lamb itself?
christians make up your mind
The Messiah will be made a lamb for a sin offering. Isaiah 53:10. A lamb for a sin offering for the common people must be female. Leviticus 4:32. "But cursed be the deceiver, who hath in his flock a male and vows and sacrifices unto the Lord a corrupt thing..." Malachi 1:14
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174345 May 1, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: names, dates, addresses, phone numbers, credible wittnesses, credible sources, news articles etc. and the name and current address of the alleged resurrected person.
Hey rabbee, long time no post ! The resurrected child I was speaking of was in his former life, not his present one. In his present life, he heals deadly head wounds.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174346 May 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with your story is; That the Apostles saw Jesus after the resurrection of Jesus, and were instructed by Jesus to preach the Gospels to all nations.
&#9668; Matthew 28:19 &#9658;
New International Version (©2011)
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
By instructions from Jesus the Christian Church was formed.
Satan is the god of this world and Christians are bent on everybody knowing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Sep 19 T Marie 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sep 14 Pariah 4,886
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Sep 14 Bob of Quantum-Faith 843
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Sep 13 Philbert 23
Anyone still at this forum Aug '16 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug '16 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web