Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,192)

Showing posts 163,821 - 163,840 of193,624
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

JOEL,

What happened to your sister Tina? How did she die? Is she now in one or more "vital hells?"

How does it feel to have been abandoned by your "Master?" Have you successfully warded off his attempts to penetrate your "aura," so far?
Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Non "Christians" please BEWARE of a NUTCASE who tells you to pluck your eye out:
Matthew 18:9
..And if your eye causes you to stumble, GOUGE IT OUT and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell...
Trinity was not mentioned or promoted by Jesus.
"Christianity" was never mentioned by Jesus!!
The only "religious" bit of the Christian bible is made of Jewish books that were stolen and butchered!!
And your boy didn't mangle the Jewish texts? Why didn't the Jews of HIS TIME accept his testimony? Could it be because they knew that he was completely full of shit?
Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Hey 19,

List of Killings Ordered or Supported by Muhammad

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Killing...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Khadija wrote:
JOEL,
What happened to your sister Tina? How did she die? Is she now in one or more "vital hells?"
How does it feel to have been abandoned by your "Master?" Have you successfully warded off his attempts to penetrate your "aura," so far?
Khadija---How did she(Tina) die?

HughBe--- Is she really dead?

Khadija---How does it feel to have been abandoned by your "Master?"

HughBe--- My guess is liberating.

Khadija-- Have you successfully warded off his attempts to penetrate your... so far?

HughBe--- My guess is that it would be welcomed by Joel.
Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

JOEL,

How does it feel to be a QUITTER?
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If you talk of evidence about scriptural personalities, then, well what proof exists about billions of people who existed on earth since the dawn of human civilization stretching back countless millennia?
What evidence is there that the universe sprung into existence from a qm vacuum/singularity or that insentient matter somehow manifested sentience?
So, don't overstretch your petty rational limits.
Your only line of analysis here is putting up silly questions based on grammatical errors, literal contradictions and asking for physical proof which are the hallmarks of the braindead or inferior persons.
I have not read a single deeply thought-provoking post or a profound line from you.
As for spiritual revelations of these scriptural personalities, well, the narrow human range of consciousness is no judge of the dormant and hidden subtler degrees of consciousness with their concomitant energy contents. These things are better experienced and if there exists a need to demonstrate them then it's left to the seer if he wishes to manifest the paranormal power in body or on the surrounding phenomena in full public view.
"Consciousness is usually identified with mind, but mental consciousness is only the human range which no more exhausts all the possible ranges of consciousness than human sight exhausts all the gradations of color or human hearing all the gradations of sound ó for there is much above or below that is to man invisible and inaudible. So there are ranges of consciousness above and below the human range, with which the normal human [consciousness] has no contact and they seem to it unconscious...."
- Sri Aurobindo, The Life Divine, p.233.
What Sri says is of no interest to me. That 21st century charlatan Deepak Chopra talks a lot as well. I am a man of evidence and not faith. Its about time people stood up to the deception and use of faith. If people are unable to provide evidence, then they should shutup. There are no cogent grounds for believing in any those Abrahamic doctrines or characters. Ban and avoidance is the first thing imposed by insecure minds on facts defying religion. The insincerity of looking for confirming explanations without a genuine basis, instead of seeking truth, is the certainty of frailty in beliefs.

Thirty centuries, from the earliest texts of the OT to the present day, teach us that the assertion of one God, violent, jealous, quarrlesome, hot-headed, intolerant, and bellicose, has generated more hate, bloodshed, death, and brutality than it has peace. These scam artists calling themselves prophets have accomplished nothing other than prey on the credulous masses.....piss on them!!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Frijoles or Eric,

I have a serious and sincere question for both of you and it is, is it kosher to eat genetically modified foods?

Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What Sri says is of no interest to me. That 21st century charlatan Deepak Chopra talks a lot as well. I am a man of evidence and not faith. Its about time people stood up to the deception and use of faith. If people are unable to provide evidence, then they should shutup. There are no cogent grounds for believing in any those Abrahamic doctrines or characters. Ban and avoidance is the first thing imposed by insecure minds on facts defying religion. The insincerity of looking for confirming explanations without a genuine basis, instead of seeking truth, is the certainty of frailty in beliefs.
Thirty centuries, from the earliest texts of the OT to the present day, teach us that the assertion of one God, violent, jealous, quarrlesome, hot-headed, intolerant, and bellicose, has generated more hate, bloodshed, death, and brutality than it has peace. These scam artists calling themselves prophets have accomplished nothing other than prey on the credulous masses.....piss on them!!
You know, it isn't a question of what "God" orders us to do, but of why "we" obey, ESPECIALLY when obeying "God" means murdering people who don't believe the latest and FINAL "revelation."

What is it about human NOT HAVING ACTUAL PROOF that makes us so lethal to each other?
Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
Frijoles or Eric,
I have a serious and sincere question for both of you and it is, is it kosher to eat genetically modified foods?
Why GM food isnít kosher

http://website.thejc.com/home.aspx...
Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

http://www.jewcology.com/content/view/Why-Gen...

Why Genetically Modified Foods Should Not Be Considered Kosher.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Khadija wrote:
<quoted text>You know, it isn't a question of what "God" orders us to do, but of why "we" obey, ESPECIALLY when obeying "God" means murdering people who don't believe the latest and FINAL "revelation."
What is it about human NOT HAVING ACTUAL PROOF that makes us so lethal to each other?
We are all born without beliefs. The mind of the child is hijacked by their guardians as it was not pre-installed with beliefs by any god. And if an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are sub-consciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do.

Having said that, humans have a tendency to conform to whatever group they belong to, even if those views are unfounded and irrational. Religion lies to children & the uneducated and that is reprehensible. Fear is one of the main sources of superstition and main source of cruelty.....fear of the unknown. Religion divides people and that is why it is lethal.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Khadija wrote:
<quoted text>
Why GM food isnít kosher
http://website.thejc.com/home.aspx...
Thanks, Buford.
Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all born without beliefs. The mind of the child is hijacked by their guardians as it was not pre-installed with beliefs by any god. And if an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are sub-consciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do.
Having said that, humans have a tendency to conform to whatever group they belong to, even if those views are unfounded and irrational. Religion lies to children & the uneducated and that is reprehensible. Fear is one of the main sources of superstition and main source of cruelty.....fear of the unknown. Religion divides people and that is why it is lethal.
I disagree. When I was born I was under attack by my mother's blood. I was what they called then, "an Rh baby." See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wi ki/Rh_disease I remembered this experience that required a complete blood transfusion. It became a recurring nightmare that persisted until I was 3 years old or so, of me, beholding an infinite field, and being savagely attacked by "things" that I can't describe. The attack would pause...and then resume with the same ferocity. My parents would tell me later that they could NOT waken me from this state of terror that I endured. Only much later would I DEDUCE that this had to entirely with my birth experience, and the transfusion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

IOW, I remembered being born, and I BELIEVED in what I "saw."
Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Khadija

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Buford.
Y/W!
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Buford is genetically abnormal which accounts for his mood swings and peevishness.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Non "Christians" please BEWARE of a NUTCASE who tells you to pluck your eye out:
Matthew 18:9
..And if your eye causes you to stumble, GOUGE IT OUT and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell...
Trinity was not mentioned or promoted by Jesus.
"Christianity" was never mentioned by Jesus!!
The only "religious" bit of the Christian bible is made of Jewish books that were stolen and butchered!!
Jesus is God.
There is no other God besides God.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>God Himself was active in bringing a covenant with Abraham and Moses.
And through Moses Gods laws enlightened man to sin that offends God.
And God set up the priesthood so that man through the priest hood could obtain atonement for sin through the sacrifice of offerings to God.
Through the priest hood God took an active roll in the lives of his people.
And in the NT God sent His son Jesus as the incorruptible high priest replacing the Levitical priest, initiating an everlasting eternal priesthood for the Forgiveness of sins.
Through the Holy Trinity of God, God continues to play an active roll in the life of his people.
Through the Trinity of God, God is able to be omnipresent, meaning be in Heaven and here on earth at the same time and live in the heart and mind of His people through His Holy Spirit.
And at the same time His Holy Spirit gives witness to the Father of our good and evil deeds.
The oneness of Allah cannot be omnipresent, meaning Allah is out side of the universe and cannot be here on earth at the same time.
So by reason and logically Allah is not a God.
See this one sided response?

I asked what proof you have that Abraham and Moses got revelation from God?

Instead of answering that question, you started to make God as a party?

Is that not diverging from the issue?

Provide us proofs you have that Abraham and Moses got revelation from God?

Stay focused.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one and where can we find the real Bible?
Seek thy Lord God Jesus Christ, and you have the real Bible.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-102

When he heard this the governor marvelled greatly, so that he sought to set him at liberty. The governor therefore went out, and smiling said:'In the one case, at least, this man is not worthy of death, but rather of compassion.''This man says,' said the governor,'that he is not Jesus, but a certain Judas who guided the soldiery to take Jesus, and he says that Jesus the Galilean has by his are magic so transformed him. Wherefore, if this be true, it were a great wrong to kill him, seeing that he were innocent. But if he is Jesus and denies that he is, assuredly he has lost his understanding, and it were impious to slay a madman.'

Then the chief priests and elders of the people, with the scribes and Pharisees, cried out with shouts, saying:'He is Jesus of Nazareth;, for we know him; for if he were not the malefactor we would not have given him into your hands. Nor is he mad; but rather malignant, for with this device he seeks to escape from our hands, and the sedition that he would stir up if he should escape would be worse than the former.' Pilate (of such was the governor's name), in order to rid himself of such a case, said:'He is a Galilean, and Herod is king of Galilee: wherefore it pertains not to me to judge such a case, so take you him to Herod.'

Accordingly they led Judas to Herod, who of a long time had desired that Jesus should go to his house. But Jesus had never been willing to go to his house, because Herod was a Gentile, and adored the false and lying gods, living after the manner of the unclean Gentiles. Now when Judas had been led thither, Herod asked him of many things, to which Judas gave answers not to the purpose, denying that he was Jesus. Then Herod mocked him, with all his court, and caused him to be clad in white as the fools are clad;, and sent him back to Pilate, saying to him,'Do not fail in justice to the people of Israel!'

And this Herod wrote, because the chief priests and scribes and the Pharisees had given him a good quantity of money. The governor having heard that this was so from a servant of Herod, in order that he also might gain some money, feigned that he desired to set Judas at liberty.

Whereupon he caused him to be scourged by his slaves, who were paid by the scribes to slay him under the scourges. But God, who had decreed the issue, reserved Judas for the cross, in order that he might suffer that horrible death to which he had sold another. He did not suffer Judas to die under the scourges, notwithstanding that the soldiers scourged him so grievously that his body rained blood.

Thereupon, in mockery they clad him in an old purple garment;, saying:'It is fitting to our new king to clothe him and crown him': so they gathered thorns and made a crown, like those of gold and precious stones which kings wear on their heads. And this crown of thorns they placed upon Judas' head, putting in his hand a reed for scepter;, and they made him sit in a high place.

(Contd.)

(Unabridged)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 163,821 - 163,840 of193,624
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... Sat Grumpy Guy 59
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Fri Jumper The Wise 75
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... Fri Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Apr 18 Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... (Oct '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 5
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated Apr 17 PINCH111 8
•••
•••