Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230845 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#174157 Apr 29, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful with your warnings, you can be easily label as Islamophobic. I knew some Muslims and am not scared to be killed by them.
Evil messages such as 9:29 only works in the mind of gullible people.
This "three" faced fascist who suffers from obsessive compulsive terminological inexactitude, hasn't the guts to admit that he is a closet catholic.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#174158 Apr 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its bull-shit to you because you never read the real Bible of God.
Non "Christians" please BEWARE of a NUTCASE who tells you to pluck your eye out:

Matthew 18:9
..And if your eye causes you to stumble, GOUGE IT OUT and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell...

Trinity was not mentioned or promoted by Jesus.
"Christianity" was never mentioned by Jesus!!
The only "religious" bit of the Christian bible is made of Jewish books that were stolen and butchered!!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#174159 Apr 29, 2013
JOEL wrote:
HIGHLIGHT:
Why ARE Jamaica, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Kuwait, Qatar and the rest of the Muslim nations not participating in the ITER (hot fusion) experiment?
So, devotion to El-Jesus and to Allah-Rasool hasn't translated into intelligence that's high enough to design and experiment with high energy physics.
ROFL.
hey CHEAP sea lounge boy!!
You did not reply to my post about your cheap menu..or did I miss it?
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#174160 Apr 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, Junior.
There is one very important point, which the Church fathers saw and took immediate action to butcher the Hebrew Scriptures.
And that was Peter after visiting the unoccupied tomb, went home wondering what had happened? That is when the digging started, following by stealing and forging the scripture, only to be called the Old Testament.
But Misquoting Jesus aka the New Testament took about 600 plus years.
Salaamz O wonderous wazeer. I have always been impressed with your natural inclination towards civilized candor,and do appreciate your responses. Here,s another pointed fact that ALLAH never sanction'd; C 140 A.D. a monk named Marcion of Rome begins teaching of two gods(this may be the first authorized use of the term Father in reference to the Almighty),ABBA the kind and loveing Father-God,vs Yahweh The cruel dessert God.During his appointed tasks of writeing scripture he keeps only 10 letters from Paul,2/3rds of luke,and allows his anti semetic side to overcome logic by attempting to delete any and all references to jesus,s Jewishness! Fortunately the pope of the times intervenes,confiscates all Marcions writeings and forces the mainstream church to decide on a core-canon. Another "banner" example of the misled trying to mislead.LOL! CheerZ
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174161 Apr 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, HughBe.
Good night from Singapore. Have a nice day.
BMZ
Rest well, BMZ.
Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174162 Apr 29, 2013
JOEL,

What happened to your sister Tina? How did she die? Is she now in one or more "vital hells?"

How does it feel to have been abandoned by your "Master?" Have you successfully warded off his attempts to penetrate your "aura," so far?
Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174164 Apr 29, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Non "Christians" please BEWARE of a NUTCASE who tells you to pluck your eye out:
Matthew 18:9
..And if your eye causes you to stumble, GOUGE IT OUT and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell...
Trinity was not mentioned or promoted by Jesus.
"Christianity" was never mentioned by Jesus!!
The only "religious" bit of the Christian bible is made of Jewish books that were stolen and butchered!!
And your boy didn't mangle the Jewish texts? Why didn't the Jews of HIS TIME accept his testimony? Could it be because they knew that he was completely full of shit?
Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174165 Apr 29, 2013
Hey 19,

List of Killings Ordered or Supported by Muhammad

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Killing...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174166 Apr 29, 2013
Khadija wrote:
JOEL,
What happened to your sister Tina? How did she die? Is she now in one or more "vital hells?"
How does it feel to have been abandoned by your "Master?" Have you successfully warded off his attempts to penetrate your "aura," so far?
Khadija---How did she(Tina) die?

HughBe--- Is she really dead?

Khadija---How does it feel to have been abandoned by your "Master?"

HughBe--- My guess is liberating.

Khadija-- Have you successfully warded off his attempts to penetrate your... so far?

HughBe--- My guess is that it would be welcomed by Joel.
Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174167 Apr 29, 2013
JOEL,

How does it feel to be a QUITTER?
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#174168 Apr 29, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If you talk of evidence about scriptural personalities, then, well what proof exists about billions of people who existed on earth since the dawn of human civilization stretching back countless millennia?
What evidence is there that the universe sprung into existence from a qm vacuum/singularity or that insentient matter somehow manifested sentience?
So, don't overstretch your petty rational limits.
Your only line of analysis here is putting up silly questions based on grammatical errors, literal contradictions and asking for physical proof which are the hallmarks of the braindead or inferior persons.
I have not read a single deeply thought-provoking post or a profound line from you.
As for spiritual revelations of these scriptural personalities, well, the narrow human range of consciousness is no judge of the dormant and hidden subtler degrees of consciousness with their concomitant energy contents. These things are better experienced and if there exists a need to demonstrate them then it's left to the seer if he wishes to manifest the paranormal power in body or on the surrounding phenomena in full public view.
"Consciousness is usually identified with mind, but mental consciousness is only the human range which no more exhausts all the possible ranges of consciousness than human sight exhausts all the gradations of color or human hearing all the gradations of sound — for there is much above or below that is to man invisible and inaudible. So there are ranges of consciousness above and below the human range, with which the normal human [consciousness] has no contact and they seem to it unconscious...."
- Sri Aurobindo, The Life Divine, p.233.
What Sri says is of no interest to me. That 21st century charlatan Deepak Chopra talks a lot as well. I am a man of evidence and not faith. Its about time people stood up to the deception and use of faith. If people are unable to provide evidence, then they should shutup. There are no cogent grounds for believing in any those Abrahamic doctrines or characters. Ban and avoidance is the first thing imposed by insecure minds on facts defying religion. The insincerity of looking for confirming explanations without a genuine basis, instead of seeking truth, is the certainty of frailty in beliefs.

Thirty centuries, from the earliest texts of the OT to the present day, teach us that the assertion of one God, violent, jealous, quarrlesome, hot-headed, intolerant, and bellicose, has generated more hate, bloodshed, death, and brutality than it has peace. These scam artists calling themselves prophets have accomplished nothing other than prey on the credulous masses.....piss on them!!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174169 Apr 29, 2013
Frijoles or Eric,

I have a serious and sincere question for both of you and it is, is it kosher to eat genetically modified foods?

Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174170 Apr 29, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What Sri says is of no interest to me. That 21st century charlatan Deepak Chopra talks a lot as well. I am a man of evidence and not faith. Its about time people stood up to the deception and use of faith. If people are unable to provide evidence, then they should shutup. There are no cogent grounds for believing in any those Abrahamic doctrines or characters. Ban and avoidance is the first thing imposed by insecure minds on facts defying religion. The insincerity of looking for confirming explanations without a genuine basis, instead of seeking truth, is the certainty of frailty in beliefs.
Thirty centuries, from the earliest texts of the OT to the present day, teach us that the assertion of one God, violent, jealous, quarrlesome, hot-headed, intolerant, and bellicose, has generated more hate, bloodshed, death, and brutality than it has peace. These scam artists calling themselves prophets have accomplished nothing other than prey on the credulous masses.....piss on them!!
You know, it isn't a question of what "God" orders us to do, but of why "we" obey, ESPECIALLY when obeying "God" means murdering people who don't believe the latest and FINAL "revelation."

What is it about human NOT HAVING ACTUAL PROOF that makes us so lethal to each other?
Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174171 Apr 29, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles or Eric,
I have a serious and sincere question for both of you and it is, is it kosher to eat genetically modified foods?
Why GM food isn’t kosher

http://website.thejc.com/home.aspx...
Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174172 Apr 29, 2013
http://www.jewcology.com/content/view/Why-Gen...

Why Genetically Modified Foods Should Not Be Considered Kosher.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#174173 Apr 29, 2013
Khadija wrote:
<quoted text>You know, it isn't a question of what "God" orders us to do, but of why "we" obey, ESPECIALLY when obeying "God" means murdering people who don't believe the latest and FINAL "revelation."
What is it about human NOT HAVING ACTUAL PROOF that makes us so lethal to each other?
We are all born without beliefs. The mind of the child is hijacked by their guardians as it was not pre-installed with beliefs by any god. And if an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are sub-consciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do.

Having said that, humans have a tendency to conform to whatever group they belong to, even if those views are unfounded and irrational. Religion lies to children & the uneducated and that is reprehensible. Fear is one of the main sources of superstition and main source of cruelty.....fear of the unknown. Religion divides people and that is why it is lethal.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174174 Apr 29, 2013
Khadija wrote:
<quoted text>
Why GM food isn’t kosher
http://website.thejc.com/home.aspx...
Thanks, Buford.
Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174175 Apr 29, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all born without beliefs. The mind of the child is hijacked by their guardians as it was not pre-installed with beliefs by any god. And if an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are sub-consciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do.
Having said that, humans have a tendency to conform to whatever group they belong to, even if those views are unfounded and irrational. Religion lies to children & the uneducated and that is reprehensible. Fear is one of the main sources of superstition and main source of cruelty.....fear of the unknown. Religion divides people and that is why it is lethal.
I disagree. When I was born I was under attack by my mother's blood. I was what they called then, "an Rh baby." See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wi ki/Rh_disease I remembered this experience that required a complete blood transfusion. It became a recurring nightmare that persisted until I was 3 years old or so, of me, beholding an infinite field, and being savagely attacked by "things" that I can't describe. The attack would pause...and then resume with the same ferocity. My parents would tell me later that they could NOT waken me from this state of terror that I endured. Only much later would I DEDUCE that this had to entirely with my birth experience, and the transfusion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

IOW, I remembered being born, and I BELIEVED in what I "saw."
Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174176 Apr 29, 2013
Khadija

Hurricane, WV

#174177 Apr 29, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Buford.
Y/W!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pagans Out Of The 'Broom Closet' In Southwest R... (Jan '10) 14 hr Kathwynn 241
News The Episcopal Church, Wiccans, and the Divine F... (Mar '10) Tue Really 64
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Aug 31 thetruth 14,715
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Aug 29 thetruth 59
Doris w/ Spells4free Aug 25 Redd 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 19 Dude 12
News Nigeria: Religion, morality and politics Aug 12 jinxi 1
More from around the web