Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253944 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#173954 Apr 28, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HughBe...
It tells me that the constituents of H2O namely, H and O2 are NOT the same.
This further complicates the crazy trinity claim and helps blow it away.
Peace.
HughBe---Just 4 quick questions, Uhuh.
1.What is the meaning of H2O?
2.In what way is the H in water different from the H in ice and steam?
3.Same question for the O in H2O.
4.What does it tell you?
Hello HughBe...

Alex---It tells me that the constituents of H2O namely, H and O2 are NOT the same.

HughBe--- Correct but is the H in water different from the H in Steam or Ice?

Alex---This further complicates the crazy trinity claim and helps blow it away.

HughBe--- The trinity doctrine is BS.
John Doe

Hurricane, WV

#173955 Apr 28, 2013
http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/PDFs/cl...

Report of the Grand Jury in the Kermit Gosnell case
John Doe

Hurricane, WV

#173956 Apr 28, 2013
OOPS!

This is the grand jury report in the Kermit Gosnell abortion case.

http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/pdfs/gr...
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#173957 Apr 28, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
The Koran commands you muslims to believe in their own holy book and revelations preceeding the Koran.

4:136 - O ye who believe! Believe in God and His Apostle, and the scripture which He hath sent to His Apostle and the scripture which He sent to those before (him). Any who denieth God, His angels, His Books, His Apostles, and the Day of Judgment, hath gone far, far astray.

Now question is, if the previous scriptures have been corrupted, why would allah ask muslims to believe in what came before it? Can you please help me understand.
Yes, I will help you understand as you really need help.

Revelations, yes! Books, no! I had written earlier on the word Book. Can't remember when.

Kitaab, in Qur'aan's Arabic, means scriptures or revelations. It does not mean a hard-bound book. Kitaab also means what was prescribed by God.

Some translators go literal when translating the word Kitaab.

No prophet or messenger of God, came with books in his hands.

For example, the OT or the NT was not given by God in the form of a book. When Qur'aan talks about the scriptures or books (your preference), it talks about Torah and Injeel, which were revealed.

It also tells us to believe in what was revealed before Qur'aan, to others such as Moses and Jesus.
Now, neither the entire OT was revealed to Moses nor the NT was revealed to Jesus, so how can you ask us to believe in those books?

Qur'aan verifies only the truth revealed to Moses and Jesus in those books, and we can believe only in what was revealed to them as verified by Qur'aan.

For example, I can say that Matthew 5-7 and some parables can be called parts of the Injeel revealed to Jesus.

Was John revealed to Jesus? Were Mark, Matthew, Luke and Paul's letters revealed to Jesus? And you want us to believe in them basing on 4:136? That would be a silly and absurd proposal!

If you had read some good translations by learned men, then you can understand what I said.

Pickthall's translation:

"O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His messenger and the Scripture which He hath revealed unto His messenger, and the Scripture which He revealed aforetime. Whoso disbelieveth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers and the Last Day, he verily hath wandered far astray."

Muhammad Asad's translation:

" O you who have attained to faith! Hold fast unto your belief in God and His Apostle, and in the divine writ which He has bestowed from on high upon His Apostle, step by step, as well as in the revelation which He sent down aforetime: for he who denies God, and His angels, and His revelations, and His apostles, and the Last Day, has indeed gone far astray."

Do you see both using the word BOOK? Answer: No!
bmz

Singapore

#173958 Apr 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
HughBe---Just 4 quick questions, Uhuh.

1.What is the meaning of H2O?

2.In what way is the H in water different from the H in ice and steam?

3.Same question for the O in H2O.

4.What does it tell you?

Hello HughBe...

Alex---It tells me that the constituents of H2O namely, H and O2 are NOT the same.

HughBe--- Correct but is the H in water different from the H in Steam or Ice?

Alex---This further complicates the crazy trinity claim and helps blow it away.

HughBe--- The trinity doctrine is BS.
Very nicely presented, dear HughBe.

And thanks for boldly confirming that the trinity doctrine is Bull Shit!

I would really like to know why you consider the trinity doctrine bull shit? Would appreciate your response. Thanks

Deja vu?
bmz

Singapore

#173959 Apr 28, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so where in the Koran does it say Islam abrogates all other religions? You never answered.

You then made a claim about Made in Rome Xtianity. I then asked you where in the Koran does it say this, you never answered.

I then asked why would allah ask you to believe in previous scriptures when Mohammad's scripture abrogates them all, you again did not answer.

My questions are simple and stright forward, and you are choosing to ignore them because it will eventually lead to contradictions in the Koran.
Stop being silly, Mahmood!
bmz

Singapore

#173960 Apr 28, 2013
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>I recall that not that long ago BMZ stated at least twice in this thread that the Qur'an abrogates all previous scriptures, but I wouldn't expect him to admit it.

He never does admit to lying, even when it is completely obvious that he makes it up as he goes, like his Pilate orchestrated stage play rubbish.
Yes, I had said that.

That was not the case in Mahmood's first question to me. This is what Mahmood wrote:

"Where in the Koran does it state that Islam abrogates all other religions?

I am asking you because I was just reading an article by Sachedina, where he wrote that the Koran encourages pluralism, and nowhere does it state that it abrogates Judiaism and Xtianity."

He had asked the same in his post #173737 and I had told him, it doesn't.

I hope your language skill is better than that of Mahmood. Are you able to spot the difference?

You may choose to be silly and foolish like Mahmood, if you so wish. I wouldn't mind that.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#173962 Apr 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"The wording explaining the nature of a lie was changed..."
How ironic.
Everybody lies to some degree or another. It's false witness that's wrong and is one of the seven deadly sins especially in a courtroom. False witness is always a lie but a lie isn't always false witness.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#173963 Apr 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Frijolie is a pagan, and Muslims are pagans.
The shoe fits Frijolie.
You know, whether or not I am a pagan has no bearing on the fundamental fact that you are a MORON.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#173964 Apr 28, 2013
Who is Allah?

Mohammed's sock puppet.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#173965 Apr 28, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus the Necromancer?
that would explain lots...
his dealing with Ghost, conversing with demons/jinns, the 3 magi/sorcerers worshiping him
oh he also raised up a host of undead to roam the streets of Jerusalem
Christianity has combined three separate prophecies. The 3 wise men, the visiting kings, and the kings bearing gifts. "Because of your Temple at Jerusalem shall kings bring presents unto you". The magi supposedly followed the star in the east but how would they know about a prophecy that's not even in the bible? And if they came from the east, the star would've been in the west and a star does not stand over a certain place, it's too high in the heavens.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#173966 Apr 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a million hypotheticals.
Over all, my personal view, which is IRRELEVANT because I am not in that position, is that life begins at a certain time, which is later than fertilization. When that time is, I dont know, but I do know it is a matter of philosophic opinion or religious belief, therefore I dont expect every one to agree on it.
rabbee: life began long before, your parents were born. and has obviously continued, beyond that. and most certainly shall be, continued in the very next sequencial Torot time. but the real question of concern is, shall any of you and your grandmother of all be also returned?

for as it is now, all this world is doing. is that you are all, making everyone elses life miserable with all your disbeliefs. even those who allegedly have faith in G-D, are misusing their faith to actually disbelieve in G-D for other g-ds.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#173967 Apr 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Like eating Steaks and Pork chops?
Yes.
God’s Covenant With Noah
9 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them,“Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
Shamma is right. At the time of the flood, there were no dietary laws except the prohibition against the consumption of blood which means you don't eat meat raw.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#173968 Apr 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The teaching that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is a big lie and it is a 4th Century fraud.
Do you see any disciple calling Jesus, Son of God? You don't.
Catechism itself is another fraud and forgery spanning over another six centuries. It is nothing scriptural and is only full of opinions of very inferior minds. It is something like our Fatwas.
Adam was the only son of God and when he died, his name was changed to Satan !

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#173969 Apr 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The teaching that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is a big lie and it is a 4th Century fraud.
Do you see any disciple calling Jesus, Son of God? You don't.
Catechism itself is another fraud and forgery spanning over another six centuries. It is nothing scriptural and is only full of opinions of very inferior minds. It is something like our Fatwas.
If you were a man of God your opinion would have meaning.
But you are not a man of God so your opinion is worthless.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#173970 Apr 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Shamma,
Do you eat vultures, snakes and rats?
(smiles)
rabbee: no joel, your safe.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#173971 Apr 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The shoe fits Frijolie.
Christians are pagans...so according to your twisted logic...you are a muslim!!!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#173972 Apr 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles, a Muslim? You dumb Christian! lol!
rabbee: as it become obvious, that you are both self blind and self ill-literate.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#173973 Apr 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The shoe fits Frijolie.
rabbee: man isn't is amazing, how many pagans accuse others of not being their kind of pagan?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#173974 Apr 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I will help you understand as you really need help.
Revelations, yes! Books, no! I had written earlier on the word Book. Can't remember when.
Kitaab, in Qur'aan's Arabic, means scriptures or revelations. It does not mean a hard-bound book. Kitaab also means what was prescribed by God.
Some translators go literal when translating the word Kitaab.
No prophet or messenger of God, came with books in his hands.
For example, the OT or the NT was not given by God in the form of a book. When Qur'aan talks about the scriptures or books (your preference), it talks about Torah and Injeel, which were revealed.
It also tells us to believe in what was revealed before Qur'aan, to others such as Moses and Jesus.
Now, neither the entire OT was revealed to Moses nor the NT was revealed to Jesus, so how can you ask us to believe in those books?
Qur'aan verifies only the truth revealed to Moses and Jesus in those books, and we can believe only in what was revealed to them as verified by Qur'aan.
For example, I can say that Matthew 5-7 and some parables can be called parts of the Injeel revealed to Jesus.
Was John revealed to Jesus? Were Mark, Matthew, Luke and Paul's letters revealed to Jesus? And you want us to believe in them basing on 4:136? That would be a silly and absurd proposal!
If you had read some good translations by learned men, then you can understand what I said.
Pickthall's translation:
"O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His messenger and the Scripture which He hath revealed unto His messenger, and the Scripture which He revealed aforetime. Whoso disbelieveth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers and the Last Day, he verily hath wandered far astray."
Muhammad Asad's translation:
" O you who have attained to faith! Hold fast unto your belief in God and His Apostle, and in the divine writ which He has bestowed from on high upon His Apostle, step by step, as well as in the revelation which He sent down aforetime: for he who denies God, and His angels, and His revelations, and His apostles, and the Last Day, has indeed gone far astray."
Do you see both using the word BOOK? Answer: No!
But are an idiot!
For you believe this verse is from Allah and it is not from Allah, it is Muhammad talking giving his own personal opinion of his own beliefs.
Pickthall's translation:

God did not reveal that to Muhammad.

So like Muhammad you make up things as you go along.
Don't you know you made an ass out of your self.
LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 22 hr JesusWasNOTaJew G... 12
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Thu Eagle 12 798
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Thu Eagle 12 4,819
Anyone still at this forum Tue Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web