Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253543 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#173523 Apr 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why only Muslims this is true for all religions and every society.
Do you think all those who claim to be atheists,have totally understood its philosophies?
Those who live and die by Theory of Evolution, how many know what it really means and what are proofs and assumptions in that theory?
Majority of humans follow blindly in the path of those whom they think right.
So do not single out Muslims or any particular group.
It is less than 1 % of every group that provide Info and intellectual support to other 99 % of the group.
And the same is in Capitalism of our times too, less than 1 % hold wealth and have firm grip on the lives of other 99 %.
So your comments are misleading and show you have not enough knowledge of Social Science.
The reason I commented on Muslims is because we were discussing them in particular. However, you are correct, the same applies to adherents of other faiths as well.

I am not an atheist so I cannot speak for them. I am just someone who rejects all forms of organized religion.

As far as evolution goes, not many understand it, myself included. I can only explain it in two sentences. I had the pleasure of visiting the Natural History Museum in London where a whole floor is dedicated to Darwin and his work. I hope someday (inshallah), you will visit that place because its about time you realized that Adam,Iblis & Jinns are wild imaginations of a 7th century dessert nomad. Theory of evolution is a scientific fact & if proven wrong, I will reject it. Religion on the other hand is a belief system without scientific merits. Thinking that you know when in fact you don’t is a fatal mistake to which we are all prone.
Ballzout

Hurricane, WV

#173524 Apr 25, 2013
youtube wrote:
A N T I C H R I S T -------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
Of course! The anti-Christ HAD to be Italian!
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#173525 Apr 25, 2013
Ballzout wrote:
<quoted text>Your heretic of a Mom, eh? She was more inclusive than you, minimalist that you are, would allow, to which I reply, to hell with what you think is scripture.
Where is she now? Can you prove it?
According to Judaism, which I accept, SHE is dust. You got a shovel?
Ballzout

Hurricane, WV

#173526 Apr 25, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Judaism, which I accept, SHE is dust. You got a shovel?
This means that your Mom ceased to exist? No post-death rewards or punishments, just gone, which begs the question: why do you Jews observe all of the particulars of your particular law when in the end it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?
Ballzout

Hurricane, WV

#173527 Apr 25, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
au contraire. I used your previous response. Just changed some of the words.
What's good for Buford is good for the USA![Apologies to Al Capp]
Wrong. My question had to do with the Temple and altar of sacrifice, no longer extant.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#173528 Apr 25, 2013
Ballzout wrote:
<quoted text>Of course! The anti-Christ HAD to be Italian!
that explains Steffano
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#173529 Apr 25, 2013
Ballzout wrote:
<quoted text>This means that your Mom ceased to exist? No post-death rewards or punishments, just gone, which begs the question: why do you Jews observe all of the particulars of your particular law when in the end it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?
SHE is dust. Jews believe that the body is to return to dust. Post death rewards or punishments are largely a Christian idea taken from pagan traditions. Jews believe all souls return to G-d. Timing might be more for some than others. Jews believe all souls will be resurrected in the ending time.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#173530 Apr 25, 2013
Ballzout wrote:
<quoted text>This means that your Mom ceased to exist? No post-death rewards or punishments, just gone, which begs the question: why do you Jews observe all of the particulars of your particular law when in the end it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?
Matter of perspective. We are taught at an early age, that this world matters.

The Bhuddists are kind of the same way.
look

Corona, CA

#173531 Apr 25, 2013
Qibla is towards masjid al haram in Makka

How do Jews not accept this?

Do they face an imaginary temple? Do they try to pray facing the Temple that used to be in Jerusalem that was destroyed, like they pray and hope it goes into the past or something?

haha.
Islam is the religion that makes sense, it is God's religion.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#173532 Apr 25, 2013
Ballzout wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. My question had to do with the Temple and altar of sacrifice, no longer extant.
and mine had to do with your old testament instructions on Shabbat. When I said to look at the instructions in YOUR old testament, you asked me what was the difference with my old testament. Therefore when you question me on My G-d, I ask how my G-d differs from YOUR G-d. I merely used your words and applied them in response to your question.
look

Corona, CA

#173533 Apr 25, 2013
God is God there is only One God He is Allah.

He is Yehovah.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#173534 Apr 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask my imam.
lol!
bmz

Singapore

#173535 Apr 25, 2013
look wrote:
God is God there is only One God He is Allah.
He is Yehovah.
You have made it so simple, look but Shamma will still find it difficult to understand.
look

Corona, CA

#173536 Apr 25, 2013
God is the God of all. The God that ?Christians and Jews worship is still the same God Yehovah, Elohim, Allah.

How can you not realize that is the same GOD?

Yet, us muslims know,
we are not suppose to sever what has been
enjoined on us, but maybe Christians and Jews force themselves into trying to sever the truth that God is the same God and has the most beautiful names?

Do they try to sever that that has been enjoined, by wanting to believe that there is duality to God?
God is one, He is Allah,
he is Elohim, He is Yehovah. He is El Shaddai, He is Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#173537 Apr 25, 2013
look wrote:
God is the God of all. The God that ?Christians and Jews worship is still the same God Yehovah, Elohim, Allah.
Yet, us muslims know,
enjoined on us, but maybe Christians and Jews force themselves into trying to sever the truth that God is the same God and has the most beautiful names?
Do they try to sever that that has been enjoined, by wanting to believe that there is duality to God?
God is one, He is Allah,
Muhammad was sent by Satan to the Muslims.
bmz

Singapore

#173538 Apr 25, 2013
look wrote:
Yet, us muslims know,
God is one, He is Allah,
Indeed!

God is neither a trinity nor a 3-in-1.

Also, God confirmed, "I the LORD, do not change", so no water, no ice and no steam theory.

Thanks, look
bmz

Singapore

#173539 Apr 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad was sent by Satan to the Muslims.
No.

That was Paul, who was sent by Satan, who masqueraded as Jesus, over the donkeyway to Damascus.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#173540 Apr 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
That was Paul, who was sent by Satan, who masqueraded as Jesus, over the donkeyway to Damascus.
Listen to the truth about Muslims religion.
Muhammad was sent by Satan to Muslims.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#173541 Apr 25, 2013
Bling Blang Blung wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't Michael.
rabbee: my actual name ain't, jesus harvey lipshits either. so what?

as you seem to be, a few words short of a full message.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#173542 Apr 25, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The same time G-d decreed that keeping the Sabbath NO LONGER MATTERED.
rabbee: and just where, and when did G-D say that in TheTorah?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 9 hr Thinking 4,676
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun '16 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web