Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,149)

Showing posts 162,961 - 162,980 of199,455
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslim will always be terrorist suspects as long as they follow the Quran and keep Muhammad as their prophet.
The religion of Islam needs to be condemned by Muslims them self.
They don't need Muhammad's laws in order to worship God.
When the Messiah of Israel comes, the world will convert to Judaism or Christianity and Islam as well as all other religions will disappear. Everybody in the world will see the OT fulfilled and will either be a follower of the Messiah (sons of light) or will follow Jesus (sons of darkness) Jesus has been reincarnated and this time he's going to burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18-19
Hadji Jihadi

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In one of the links I sent you, it claims that Christianity messed up by moving the day. As of the Muslims, they dont have a Sabbath - friday is a whole other concept.
How important are we that the very creation of the universe should revolve around our relatively tiny sun on the outer edges of a standard spiral galaxy?

G-d gave it the heave-ho and then "rested," whatever that means, considering that the universe exists at all because G-d wills it to exist, which is an exertion of force, a.k.a., WORK, as we define it, but what in the hell do we know about anything as it relates to G-d?

(I leave out the "o" in G-d as a concession to J-wish sensibilities.)
Hadji Jihadi

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When the Messiah of Israel comes, the world will convert to Judaism or Christianity and Islam as well as all other religions will disappear. Everybody in the world will see the OT fulfilled and will either be a follower of the Messiah (sons of light) or will follow Jesus (sons of darkness) Jesus has been reincarnated and this time he's going to burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18-19
Take your meds.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In one of the links I sent you, it claims that Christianity messed up by moving the day. As of the Muslims, they dont have a Sabbath - friday is a whole other concept.
God did not stop working on the Sabbath, God is continually working till the day of His rest when all those that God calls to Himself are living in His Kingdom.

Jesus observed the Sabbath (Luke 4:16) and never suggested a change to Sunday. He did, however, reject a strict legalistic interpretation of the Old Testament commandment. He said Sabbath observance was not a duty that mankind owed to God. Rather, God made the Sabbath as a day of rest for mankind's benefit (Mark 2:27). Jesus and His disciples did not observe the strict Jewish rules against doing any work on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-14, Mark 2:23-28, 3:1-6, Luke 6:1-11, 13:10-17, 14:1-6, John 5:1-18).

The first Christians came from among the Jews and continued to observe the Sabbath (Acts 13:14, 17:1-2, 18:1-4). But because Jesus arose from the dead on the first day of the week, Sunday, those early Christians called it the "Lord's Day" (Revelation 1:10), and regularly met for worship on Sunday (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2). When Gentiles began to convert to Christianity, Paul, Peter, James and other Church leaders decided it was not necessary for them to observe the Sabbath (Acts 15:28-29, Romans 14:5-6, Colossians 2:16).

Constantine was the first emperor of the Roman Empire to convert to Christianity. In 321 A.D. he proclaimed Sunday a legal day of rest and ordered all judges, city-people and craftsmen to rest.

The Catholic Church observes the Sabbath on Saturday, and Sunday
As Jesus explained the Sabbath is a day of rest for the benefit of mankind.

Gods day of rest is when His works of Salvation are completed in the heart and mind of those he calls to himself and is completed on the last judgment day.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Hadji Jihadi wrote:
<quoted text>Take your meds.
I take them religiously, what about you? When the Messiah comes we'll see how crazy I am.
Hadji Jihadi

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ezekiel 28:18-19

New International Version (NIV)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
So I made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.
19 All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.
Hadji Jihadi

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I take them religiously, what about you? When the Messiah comes we'll see how crazy I am.
Yes, when Jesus bursts into flames, I'll seek you out to confess my error.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, you didnt answer my question
Can a mean spirited bigot attain eternal life?
NO!
and again you are ignorant of the difference between a moral conscience an a bigot that has no moral conscience.

You base your values on the consensus of aiding those that are spiritually blind and are self centered on their own desires to satisfy their own self wants and desires without regard to the negative consequence that may follow.
And you call anyone a bigot that does not aspire to your self values.
look

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

You Jews are disgusting for thinking that Jesus is not the Messiah.

Muslims know Jesus is the Christ, christians claim they believe it, that he is the christ.

The Qur'an already has made it clear unto us muslims that the Jews will have a harder time accepting the truth of the path of Islam than the Christians will.
Kurt Vonnegut

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

look wrote:
Muslims know Jesus is the Christ, christians claim they believe it, that he is the christ.
The Qur'an already has made it clear unto us muslims that the Jews will have a harder time accepting the truth of the path of Islam than the Christians will.
Islam is Muhammadanism, and he was a murderer. Your own records prove it. Why, then, should I submit to the path of a murderer?
Kurt Vonnegut

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Killing...

List of Killings Ordered or Supported by Muhammad

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When the Messiah of Israel comes, the world will convert to Judaism or Christianity and Islam as well as all other religions will disappear. Everybody in the world will see the OT fulfilled and will either be a follower of the Messiah (sons of light) or will follow Jesus (sons of darkness) Jesus has been reincarnated and this time he's going to burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18-19
It is evident you are mus guided by the false teachings of Muhammad.

Christianity will not disappear as Christianity is an on going relationship with God that will continue through out eternity.

Gods purpose of sending His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins is to bring us into a personal relationship with God Himself, for only God Himself alone can only bring the Spirit of man into perfection that satisfies the impeccable Holiness of God.

Muslims give them self to Muhammad to bring them to the perfection of Muhammad instead, and ignore having God bring them into perfection unto the Holiness of God.

Muslims are holy in the sight of Muhammad, but evil in the sight of God.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>NO!
and again you are ignorant of the difference between a moral conscience an a bigot that has no moral conscience.
You base your values on the consensus of aiding those that are spiritually blind and are self centered on their own desires to satisfy their own self wants and desires without regard to the negative consequence that may follow.
And you call anyone a bigot that does not aspire to your self values.
No I call a bigot anyone who is a bigot

feeling guilty? you should be.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Hadji Jihadi wrote:
<quoted text>How important are we that the very creation of the universe should revolve around our relatively tiny sun on the outer edges of a standard spiral galaxy?
G-d gave it the heave-ho and then "rested," whatever that means, considering that the universe exists at all because G-d wills it to exist, which is an exertion of force, a.k.a., WORK, as we define it, but what in the hell do we know about anything as it relates to G-d?
(I leave out the "o" in G-d as a concession to J-wish sensibilities.)
Like I said, the concept of work is developed more thoroughly in the latter verses of the text. So we do know quite a lot about what it is and what it isnt.

There are a lot of things to nit pick in the text. The sun is but a smidgeon of them. Lower hanging fruit includes talking donkeys, burning bushes, and in the case of your scriptures, the entire Jesus story.

Dont feel like you have to leave out the "o" just for me. It's not my tradition. It is Eric's though. My tradition is to respect the Hebrew names, not the English names.
Kurt Vonnegut

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, the concept of work is developed more thoroughly in the latter verses of the text. So we do know quite a lot about what it is and what it isnt.
There are a lot of things to nit pick in the text. The sun is but a smidgeon of them. Lower hanging fruit includes talking donkeys, burning bushes, and in the case of your scriptures, the entire Jesus story.
Dont feel like you have to leave out the "o" just for me. It's not my tradition. It is Eric's though. My tradition is to respect the Hebrew names, not the English names.
http://www.merriam-webster.com /dictionary/work

Definition of WORK

G-d wrote or inspired Genesis, eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

look wrote:
Sorry Look, but you are on the wrong path.
You depend upon Muhammad for salvation into Gods Kingdom, while Christians depend upon Gods salvation to bring into Gods Kingdom.
In the sight of Muhammad Muslims are holy, but in the sight of God Muslims are evil.

You don't get it Muslim, The moral standards of Muhammad are below the standard of God.
So Muslims are being perfected to suit Muhammad, but not God.

The evil of Muhammad is inside of you. You belong to Muhammad, not God.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Miranda Rights wrote:
<quoted text>Funny/Sad how the three Abrahamic religions each designate a DIFFERENT day as Sabbath...
G-d creates not just the earth but the entire universe in six solar days. Interesting fable...
The creation of the universe was set in motion in six literal days but each day was 6000 years. Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth..." The earth and everything in it has been evolving for 42,000 years, we are living at the end of the seventh day and with the resurrection of the Messiah on the Mount of Olives, we will start a new week.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Scroll back a day or so
show some effort
HughBe ---Which Christian sect is the group a part of?
What exactly did they do?
What Christian teachings did they cite to justify their terrorism?

Frijoles---Scroll back a day or so

show some effort

HughBe--- Flocker, save some time and answer the questions, lodge man.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I laid it all out to you in my above post post.
Worshiping the evil aspect of Islam as Muslims do, and you also do is not of God.
Jihad is not the way of God, and you accept Jihad the same as Muslims do.
Those Christians that commit crimes are criminals and are not worshiper of God.
The Christian Bible does not inspire anyone to commit murder for the sake of God, as the Muslim Quran does inspire Muslims to commit murder in the name of their god Allah.
You are secular, you are not a worshiper of God.
You follow the desires of the flesh.
You are a product of the Talmud that places the human mind above the wisdom of God.
The Muslim mind is corrupted by the evil mind of Muhammad.
And you are too ignorant of God to care that the evil in Islam is Anti-God.
Jews don't look upon the 10 saying of God as Gods laws the same as Muslims do not.
The laws of the Jews are based on the Talmud, and the laws of the Muslims are based on the life of Muhammad.
And neither are spiritually from God.
There are 613 laws and they are contained in the Hebrew bible. The original covenant is called the Testimony, the 10 commandments and it is timeless and forever valid. The rest of the law is subject to the times and the Messiah will seek to "change times and laws" Daniel 7:25. "For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem" Isaiah 2:3
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Miranda Rights wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the thing. Muslim purists want the Ummah to get back to how Mohammad actually practiced the "perfect" religion as revealed by Allah via Jibreel, but what does a study of his life tell you?
A study of Mohammad's life tells me that the man was a thief, a rape enabler, a slave maker and trader, an adulterer, and a sadistic murderer, and that he had "Allah's" permission in everything that he did. IOW, Mohammad was a TERRORIST who perpetrated acts of TERRORISM by the authority vested in him by his "Allah."
Put another way, if Mohammad were alive today and behaved as he did back then, he would be thrown into jail and subjected to a psychiatric examination to determine if he were even sane enough to stand trial.
I'm fairly certain that your Muslim family members would rather NOT weigh the merits of what I have posted above...
You have a point provided the biographies you'v read are accurate. The problem is that stories surrounding the life of Mohammad were written almost 200 years after his death and some even later, and should be viewed with suspecion.

Trust me, I am an ex-muslim with no love lost for Islam. Islam can burn for all I care, but we also have to be fair. There are verses in the Koran that inspire militant Islam even though it prophibits killing of non-combatants.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,961 - 162,980 of199,455
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••