Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256309 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#173097 Apr 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the nearest British Council and ask them to help you in understanding my post:
"They lie!
Haven't you heard it is being said all the time that the Father is God, the son is God and the Holy Ghost is God?
Haven't you also heard it being said all the time that the Father is not the Son and not the Ghost, the Son is not the Father and not the Ghost and the Ghost is not the Father and not the Son?
And that these three are distinct and co-equal. They talk about a Godhead, not God.
So, how does the example of water, steam and ice fit this nonsense? Please try to explain, if you are not confused.
What is crystal clear to you is that the Father (Water) became Jesus (ice cube), had himself killed, got up, became Father (Water) again and some times came as a Ghost (Steam or Vapour). Is that so? "
How many thousands of trustworthy ahaadith (plural of hadith) do you want me to quote here?
Ok, I went to the British Council and they told me to tell you that who other than god can be godhead?

They also said that the Father (Water) didn't become Jesus (ice cube) but god did. The example of H2O shows how one thing can become three different things from each other, and yet they are always H2O. That was the point.

The council noted that you keep saying hope that Stefano see what Shamma posted, but they said that Shamma should write, hope that Stefano see bmz's posts, as they are amazed how you cant grasp the Trinity and make such mistakes.

Your intelligence is not that different from Shamma, both of you are the two faces of the same coin. Well, that was my thought, but the British Council agreed.

Location hidden

#173098 Apr 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How many thousands of trustworthy ahaadith (plural of hadith) do you want me to quote here?
Amost forgot, give me among them, at least 5 that exist and that can be read, so that finally we can read from which sources you rely upon.

Hope you don't invent one of your excuses, this time.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#173099 Apr 23, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John were storytellers as far as I am concerned. I really dont care what they wrote.
You are free to have an opinion on any author, but remember one thing, no one writes books on Islam without indulging in either Bukahri, Muslim, Thrimidi, Ishaq, and Tabari.
NO, THAT IS INCORRECT!

Mostly the polemicists use those. Ibn Ishaq was a bloody fool. Tabari comes quite close to him.
bmz

Location hidden

#173100 Apr 23, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I went to the British Council and they told me to tell you that who other than god can be godhead?
They also said that the Father (Water) didn't become Jesus (ice cube) but god did. The example of H2O shows how one thing can become three different things from each other, and yet they are always H2O. That was the point.
The council noted that you keep saying hope that Stefano see what Shamma posted, but they said that Shamma should write, hope that Stefano see bmz's posts, as they are amazed how you cant grasp the Trinity and make such mistakes.
Your intelligence is not that different from Shamma, both of you are the two faces of the same coin. Well, that was my thought, but the British Council agreed.
You have not gone to the British Council. Go and seek help!
bmz

Location hidden

#173101 Apr 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
hadith....

interesting - the reason I asked is that in Hebrew, plural is indicated by "t" (vs th in Arabic). Letter is called tav, pronounced "t" or "s" in ashkenazic accent, but softened towards a "th" in sephardic and mizrachi (middle eastern)accent.

hadith would be khadit in Hebrew
Correct.

Lots of words are common between Hebrew and Arabic. Aramaic and Arabic evolved from Hebrew.

In many cases, it is the difference in pronunciation and the use of letters in the way you described.

For example, Navi and Nabi.

Qur'aan's Arabic is quite close to Hebrew.
bmz

Location hidden

#173102 Apr 23, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Amost forgot, give me among them, at least 5 that exist and that can be read, so that finally we can read from which sources you rely upon.

Hope you don't invent one of your excuses, this time.
Just quote a dozen and I will comment. Your choice! You will then not be able to say that I invented.

If all are rotten, I will condemn them. If any found good, I will say 'Okay".

Go ahead.
bmz

Location hidden

#173103 Apr 23, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
and if Khaeen, kills Able again. i and G-D are going to Personaly, hold this whole world responsible. because of all your, not here in TheTorah lying that has caused it to happen.

since it is all your, not here in TheTorah lying. that has been responsible, for all hell and death sent from G-D.

and if you all prefer, a higher murder rate for your disbelief of G-D. well i am certain, G-D can arrange that like in syria today too.

is your not being true to G-D, really worth the fun of watching your neighbors or family members die of cancer or other mass murder?
If Khaeen kills Habeel again, then G-d and you must deal with Khaeen. Can you check out why was Khaeen allowed to live last time after the murder?

Good night, Rabbee

We cannot be held responsible.

Location hidden

#173104 Apr 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not gone to the British Council. Go and seek help!
Hello Sherlock Holmes,

Obviously I haven't been there... Recently you made a humour, so I did. Meantime please educate yourself about Trinity starting from the 2nd century on, and since you are there you may start to read and finally be familiar with the concept of Hypostasis.

Since you are obtuse and you don't like get infos I don't expect any sort of progress from you.

Location hidden

#173105 Apr 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just quote a dozen and I will comment. Your choice! You will then not be able to say that I invented.
If all are rotten, I will condemn them. If any found good, I will say 'Okay".
Go ahead.
But aren't you a bit of a coward?

You came out that there are hadiths that are trustworthy, reliable and strong, and I told you give these names. You ignored my request. FIRST TIME.

Then I asked you again to give me the names of those Hadiths, and instead to give some names you came out by saying that there are thousands of them and that you are ready to quote them. Yet you didnt give neither a name of them. SECOND TIME.

Then I asked you to give me just 5 names of those trustworthy, and now you answered me that I have to quote them and you will comment it? LOL And yet no name came out. THIRD TIME.

But it wasn't more wise to shut your ignorant mouth because it's evident you can't neither quote a name for the simple reasons you rely on Hadiths you labeled as tales, but from them you take only the parts you like the most and reject the rest.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#173106 Apr 23, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: a world where the less guity alleged as innocent, are being punished by the greater guilty obviously not so innocent.
Like BMZ and Frijolie, rabbee you condone murder.

Location hidden

#173107 Apr 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ANswer the question first and I might just might consider it
The answer is in the post to your question.

Location hidden

#173108 Apr 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Alhambra Decree:
Therefore, we, with the counsel and advice of prelates, great noblemen of our kingdoms, and other persons of learning and wisdom of our Council, having taken deliberation about this matter, resolve to order the said Jews and Jewesses of our kingdoms to depart and never to return or come back to them or to any of them. And concerning this we command this our charter to be given, by which we order all Jews and Jewesses of whatever age they may be, who live, reside, and exist in our said kingdoms and lordships, as much those who are natives as those who are not, who by whatever manner or whatever cause have come to live and reside therein, that by the end of the month of July next of the present year, they depart from all of these our said realms and lordships, along with their sons and daughters, menservants and maidservants, Jewish familiars, those who are great as well as the lesser folk, of whatever age they may be, and they shall not dare to return to those places, nor to reside in them, nor to live in any part of them, neither temporarily on the way to somewhere else nor in any other manner, under pain that if they do not perform and comply with this command and should be found in our said kingdom and lordships and should in any manner live in them, they incur the ***penalty of death*** and the confiscation of all their possessions by our Chamber of Finance, incurring these penalties by the act itself, without further trial, sentence, or declaration. And we command and forbid that any person or persons of the said kingdoms, of whatever estate, condition, or dignity that they may be, shall dare to receive, protect, defend, nor hold publicly or secretly any Jew or Jewess beyond the date of the end of July and from henceforth forever, in their lands, houses, or in other parts of any of our said kingdoms and lordships, under pain of losing all their possessions, vassals, fortified places, and other inheritances, and beyond this of losing whatever financial grants they hold from us by our Chamber of Finance.
Your post verifies that the Jews are guilty of blood libel.
Thanks Eric.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#173110 Apr 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Here is something of interest to Hughbe
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/23/worlds_first_...
World’s first permanent ABBA museum to open in Sweden
Tickets for the first few weeks are nearly sold out
Thanks, Frijoles.

I have a few of their albums and of course a functional record player.
JOEL

India

#173112 Apr 23, 2013
The Tanakh is choc-a-bloc with ritual murder (human and animal sacrifices) dedicated to a sadistic Baal called El. LOL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#173114 Apr 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther was a sick man. He is responsible for stoking fire of hatred against the Jews in Germany, Austria, Spain, France, England and other parts of Europe. Shamma sounds more like Martin Luther these days.
BMZ---Martin Luther was a sick man. He is responsible for stoking fire of hatred

HughBe--- Correct, based on my understanding of SOME of his teachings. I would say that his sickness could have been both psychological and spiritual. The same applies to ALL who promote hate and ALL means ALL.

Having said that the fellow is long dead and we are living now so let us CONDEMN ALL the Martin Luthers living TODAY,of whatever religion, who are fomenting HATE.
JOEL

India

#173115 Apr 23, 2013
The Arabic word SAJDA - to touch one's forehead to the ground - is pronounced as suj (u as in ah) daah. So, where's the th sound in sajda? LOL.

Location hidden

#173116 Apr 23, 2013
Muslims kill Jews for Allah.
http://palwatch.org/main.aspx...

Location hidden

#173117 Apr 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So, SHAMMA
was Martin Luther a Christian, and extremist, or both?
Kill Jews for Allah
All Media

Video
Religious War
"Our war with the descendants of the apes and pigs (i.e., Jews) is a war of religion and faith. Long Live Fatah!”
[PA TV (Fatah), Jan. 9, 2012]

This statement was made by the moderator at a Fatah event, and it highlights a dangerous trend by the PA and Fatah to define the conflict with Israel as an uncompromising religious war, mandated by Islam.

Indeed, Palestinian society has undergone a major shift towards fundamental Islam. In 2010, more than 98% of Palestinians surveyed said that religion plays an important role in their lives, while less than 1% considered religion not important.”[Ramallah Center for Human Rights Studies (RCHRS)]. 80% of Palestinians approved of hand amputations for theft, in a 2003 poll, while 50% thought this form of punishment should be implemented immediately, and 30% conditioned it on improved judicial conditions.[Bir Zeit Univ. Development Studies Program, Poll No.14, 2003]

An integral part of this Palestinian Islamization is the teaching that Islam is at war with Jews and Israel. Jews are said to be the enemy of Allah, and PA (Fatah) and Hamas religious and academic leaders alike have reiterated on numerous occasions, including as recently as January 2012 by the PA Mufti, the Islamic teaching that the Hour of Resurrection is dependent on the extermination of Jews:

PA Mufti Muhammad Hussein:“Palestine in its entirety is a revolution… continuing today, and until the End of Days. The reliable Hadith… says:
"The Hour [of Resurrection] will not come until you fight the Jews. The Jew will hide behind stones or trees. Then the stones or trees will call:'Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.'”
[PA TV (Fatah), Jan. 9, 2012]

Thus, the murder of Jews becomes a prerequisite for and fulfillment of the Islamic ideal. In a 2011 poll,(by Israel Project) 73% of Palestinians said they “believe” the Islamic Hadith that preaches it is Islamic destiny to kill Jews wherever they are.

Similarly, the conflict with Israel is presented as a Ribat, an uncompromising Islamic obligation to defend or liberate Islamic holy land. Israel is said to exist on Islamic holy land that must be liberated for Allah.

One result of the PA Islamic teachings is the strong support for suicide terror in defense of Islam. The Washington-based PEW organization found that 68% of Palestinians “often”(31%) or “sometimes”(37%) justify suicide terror against civilians “to defend Islam.” This 68% of Palestinians justifying suicide terror to defend their religion is twice as much support as in any other Muslim country polled, with the nearest being Lebanon, where only 35% in total supported suicide terror in defense of Islam.[http://pewglobal.org]
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#173118 Apr 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther
“About the Jews and Their Lies.”
“Let their houses also be shattered and destroyed ... Let their prayer books and Talmuds be taken from them, and their whole Bible too; let their rabbis be forbidden,***on pain of death***, to teach henceforth any more. Let the streets and highways be closed against them. Let them be forbidden to practice usury, and let all their money, and all their treasures of silver and gold be taken from them and put away in safety. And if all this be not enough, let them be driven like mad dogs out of the land.”
Very good, Eric. Did YOU know that he DIED almost 500 years ago?

Let us look at Judaism TODAY. When did I say?

Did I say 100 years ago? NO

Did I say 50 years ago? NO

Get it?

."A recently published book written by a Skvere HASIDIC rabbi and endorsed by the Skvere Rebbe himself TELLS Skvere hasidim and other Jews to HATE ALL gentiles.

(What did the HASIDIC rabbi teach? Answer to HATE ALL gentiles. Was he alone? No, "endorsed by the Skvere Rebbe himself")

"Gentiles are wholly EVIL, the book says. They spiritually POLLUTE the world, and even LOOKING at their faces is harmful."

"The book is called Yalkut Shaiylos u’Teshuvos. As the title indicates, it is a collection of questions and answers on halakhic topics. The QUESTIONS were asked by young Skvere yeshiva students IN New Square, NEW YORK. The answers are rabbinic."

"Question: Is it appropriate to not love, or to hate, a gentile?

Answer: A Jew is intrinsically good. A Jew is a part of God above. Even if at times he strays it is not because he has become evil. It is only that there is evil within him that he has to cleanse.

However, to separate with a MILLION degrees of separation, a gentile is an IMPURE THING. The ENTIRE ESSENCE of the gentile is EVIL and impure."
JOEL

India

#173119 Apr 23, 2013
The word godhead means a presiding deity which is an archetypal being of a particular plane. For instance, the disembodied consciousness called Krishna is the godhead (presiding power or archetypal being) of the highest overmind plane, El is the godhead of one of the vital planes, Shiva is the godhead of one of the overmental sub-planes and so on. The absolute which is the unified field of consciousness-energy is beyond all the different godheads of tghe various planes of existence and is their source.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul 16 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul 14 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Jul 8 Zipp 3
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 7 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun 30 just sayin 3
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May '17 John 14,736
More from around the web