Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
162,601 - 162,620 of 201,312 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#172947 Apr 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say that I believe in an anthropopathic God? That was absurd!
And how could you accept that Yeshua was an anthropomorphic God?
God Almighty is neither anthropopathic nor anthropomorphic.
These terms were coined by philosophers in the 16th Century for various pagan deities.
" The conception of these deities was anthropopathic, in their motives and passions they were more powerful and more perfect men, they had a human body and a human countenance, human thoughts and feelings, they resided in the clouds or on a high mountain; they dwelt in a heavenly palace.
I only see you and Joel using those words foolishly in discussions.
My approach is right for folks like your good self and Shamma. You make rude and vain statements and expect me to be courteous to you?
You know nothing about Hadith and neither Qur'aan. Hadith is not our Scripture, Qur'aan is.
Hadith is classified in the following manner:
1. Correct or true
2. Wrong and not true
3. Not reliable
4. Authentic
5. Weak or defective
And so on.
So, I reject those, which have been classified by the scholars of Islam as not reliable, untrustworthy, weak, defective, etc.
The New Testament is exactly like Hadith but in the New Testament, right, wrong, weak, defective and untrustworthy accounts are all considered true. That is why I consider the gospels as mothers of all grand confusions.
Allah is not an anthropopatic god? And then you complain Shamma, when you came out like that?

That word comes from two Greek words anthropos and pathos where the first one means man and the latter means suffering, feeling, emotion and calamity. In other words human feelings. Now do you deny your god hasn't human feelings, like anger, revenge, love and so on?

As for Hadiths give me the name of them who are considered trustworthy, strong and reliable. I will read them and point out all their flaws, but I'm sure you won't give me any name.

When you say: "Hadith is not our Scripture, Qur'aan is." Are you using 'our' as plural majestic or are you referring to the Muslim community? Because of it is the first one, then you and few others reject the Hadiths, but they are still part of Islam. You have created your own Islam version that I should ask to give the name of your own sect, but If you meant the second one, as I said before, they are still part of Islam.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#172948 Apr 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Shamma is the one trying to impose his fantasy belief system on others. It is a false equivalence to consider your side or my side as equal in motives.
However, Scholar does make a valid point. It is kind of fruitless to argue religion with a fruitcake.
You are absolutely wrong.
What is your side and BMZ side?
Is it not you and BMZ intentions Frijolie to destroy the human dignity of human beings?
How is BMZ's devaluing of human life set above the respect for human life?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#172949 Apr 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

BTW according to what is written in the Torah, a book you dare not to criticize, exist many gods.
You have interesting ideas that are generally not accepted by those whose base their religion (Judaism) on the interpretation of the torah. therefore, despite your views being interesting, they are not very relevant to anybody that actually practices the religion.

Location hidden

#172950 Apr 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are absolutely wrong.
What is your side and BMZ side?
Is it not you and BMZ intentions Frijolie to destroy the human dignity of human beings?
How is BMZ's devaluing of human life set above the respect for human life?
Its classic SHAMMA to impute a negative motive.

I dont have a side. I am not here to proselytize.

I exist to correct, to poke fun, and to have fun.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#172951 Apr 22, 2013
Ignorant fanatic.

LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#172952 Apr 22, 2013
Torah is trash.

Location hidden

#172953 Apr 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Again - you are confusing your arguments.
If you want to argue from the perspective of atheism - yes, all religion is absurd
And this comment comes from an already confused person. I was not carry out any atheistic position, neither I was debating with religious folks about their evidence. My point was both of them are the two faces of the same coin.

At a certain point you popped in giving your straw man argument, to then accusing me to bring a atheistic prespective. If this is your contribution then better if you shut your ignorant mouth.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>But if you want to examine the internal logic - religion is based on faith. That is not absurd, that is a premise.
A premise you made up, since it was not my argument. Now I'm wondering what kind of internal logic you are talking about when you speak about faith.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>BMZ is monotheistic - by internal logic that makes more sense than arguing that ones polytheistic religion (Christianity) is monotheistic. The internal logic of the latter position is absurd.
But Christianity is polytheistic. They say god manifested itself into three "persons". The Joel's example (H2O) is crystal clear to even a confused person, but you.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Re" Hadiths - my understanding is that he holds them in the same status as us Jews hold the midrash. He is free to choose his premises, and I as a Jew, I dont see anything extraordinary about his position.
Well if you are sure that both of you hold the same position on that matter and agree on being hypocrite, then I don't need to make a debate. I just let you be yourself.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Re" rudeness - you yourself recently commented that there was nothing wrong with rudeness.
There is nothing wrong with it, if what one says is reporting the truth, but bmz is name calling for no reason, nor he justifies it. Then there is something wrong.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#172954 Apr 22, 2013
Faith that's devoid of logic, experience, realization and objective proof counts for nothing and is as steril.e and impotent as a fairy tale.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#172955 Apr 22, 2013
Faith that results in fanaticsm, irrationality, parochialism, prejudice and ignorance is delusional.

Location hidden

#172956 Apr 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You have interesting ideas that are generally not accepted by those whose base their religion (Judaism) on the interpretation of the torah. therefore, despite your views being interesting, they are not very relevant to anybody that actually practices the religion.
The Torah made an affermation. The Jews may ignore it, but seriously who gives a damn about it, and above all, your careless on that matter doesn't change the fact that according to your god exist other gods.

You can interprete the Torah the way you like, but already myself and also Einstein pointed out that these interpretations have almost nothing to do with what the text says.

The more you came out with the arguments of interpretation the more I think of you Jews as a group of seriously deluded people.

Location hidden

#172957 Apr 22, 2013
CORRECTION POST #172953

But Christianity is NOT polytheistic. They say god manifested itself into three "persons". The Joel's example (H2O) is crystal clear to even a confused person, but you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#172958 Apr 22, 2013
I wonder why Papa (Frijoles) never rushes to defend MUQ, a genuine Muslim, but has taken up the active defense of BMZ. The reason is that BMZ is a crypto-Jew. A case of one Jew rushing to the defense of another Jew. LOL.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#172959 Apr 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I had to research what exactly makes a fruitcake a fruitcake.
You are correct
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_cake
Fruit cake (or fruitcake) is a cake made with chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit, nuts, and spices, and (optionally) soaked in spirits. A cake that simply has fruit in it as an ingredient can also be colloquially called a fruit cake.
rabbee: yeah! i almost forgot, about all the nutz in a fruitcake. i only used to think, there was only one fruitcake being passed around. untill i discovered, there is actually about 7-billion of them out there.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#172960 Apr 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I see the Jews kicked your ass out of The Torah.
rabbee: well they only thought they did, about 2000 years ago. but i have been returned, to be back here in IT again anyway. and this time i ain't so easy to get rid of, here in TheTorah agains.

and you have no idea, how afraid as person can be. when they realize, they have another 870 years to live in TheTorah Happening again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#172961 Apr 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I, more or less agree with your point, and I consider both as the two faces of the same coin.
The weird part is that they are not aware of it.
rabbee: well you are most, certainly right there Stefano. they do not even have a clue, about their families being pre-deluded. their parents, and their parents parents were, all deluded before they even arrived here in TheStory.

they really cannot see, they really are no different than the evolutionist religion, with their our image of king kong as their g-d. or worse with an amebae, as their g-d. this knowing, you can't be near as smart as your g-d. which explains, a lot of this world as is again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#172962 Apr 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But the existence of god shouldn't be based on number of gods one worships but rather on evidences. Without evidences better keep an agnostic approach, and carry out a decent life style, if necessary taking as example the teaching of the various wise man found all over the globe.
BTW according to what is written in the Torah, a book you dare not to criticize, exist many gods.
You are not familiar with the Trinity concept, so I have no idea why you think they are three gods, when its concept is tiny more complex than it.
What about the flaws on Quran posters gave you and you just decided to not answer? You can give whatever excuse you want, but at the end of the day we know why you kept silent. Don't blame Shamma, or blame him but also yourself.
rabbee: well you are most certainly, right there Stefano. we are all to blame, for allowing ourselves to be seduced by lies. i can blame the woman, for being the only available deciever of adam. but i must also, blame myself for allowing her to get away with it.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#172963 Apr 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny - in the past you claimed BMZ was fronting for Al Qaeda. Now your main critique is that he is a muslim? Why are you backing down from your much earlier allegations?
rabbee: another muslem terrorist threat, averted in canada today. but then they say, that none of these muslem terrorist threats, are connected to being muslems. muslem terrorist events and threats, all over the globe. but they can't seem to connect them, with being muslems.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#172964 Apr 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What do I have to offer? That is a broad question. In what area?
Why does it matter anyhow. No matter what I say you will reply you are right and I am wrong, and that I am going to hell and it is all the Jews fault..;..
rabbee: your all already here in hell, so you go there. you can only choose to go, deeper and darker at this point. and the inversion layer, from all the hot air. is keeping every one, from leaving from getting hell from G-D. and jews are not the only ones, responsibe for us all being, here in getting hell today.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#172965 Apr 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Torah made an affermation. The Jews may ignore it, but seriously who gives a damn about it, and above all, your careless on that matter doesn't change the fact that according to your god exist other gods.
You can interprete the Torah the way you like, but already myself and also Einstein pointed out that these interpretations have almost nothing to do with what the text says.
The more you came out with the arguments of interpretation the more I think of you Jews as a group of seriously deluded people.
rabbee: well Stefano, as i have pointed out, many times before. jews are not the only, seriously deluded group. but they do have, less of an excuse to not believe in G-D here in TheTorah. and G-D did tell them, there are other g-ds and to be really carfull about any new johnny come lately not here in TheTorah testaments.

Location hidden

#172966 Apr 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your opinion, dipwad.

Now, ask yourself, why would we care what you think?

And note, we are not pushing our system on you, making your opinion even more moot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Aug 9 Kathwynn 11
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Aug 4 Emma 13
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••